Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

My choice should be immensely obvious for any who know me, that being of course Roy.

I'll back either Lyn or Lucina if he goes down, assuming Tharja/Camilla don't somehow beat them.  If they do somehow win against Lyn or Lucina... I'll probably still back them lol, there's no way in hell I'd ever support Ike the Spotlight Thief.

So I guess my priority is 

Roy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lyn > Lucina > Chrom > Hector >>>>>>>>>>> Camilla > Tharja >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ike.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll... go Team Lyn. Or team Chrom. Because I like Lyn since I played her game, and that was before Awakening... but I like Chrom too, less, but maybe I can cheer on him until he's defeated...

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

So now I have Hector too. Hector, Ike and Lyn are 3 of my most favorite characters in the FE series.

I have legit no idea who I'm going to support now.... Hector and Ike are going to smoke Chrom and Roy... but picking Lyn means I miss out on Ike vs Hector....

Ike vs Hector or Lucina vs Lyn.......

Crap... CRAP DECISIONS. 

Picking Lyn doesn't nececairly mean you'll miss out on Ike vs Hector, because Lyn still needs to win against Lucina.

...uhm, I mean..., joining Hector is clearly the superior choice. Ike doesn't need the help to win the first round, but Chrom is a pretty scary opponent for Hector. Team Hector clearly needs you more!

17 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Picking Lyn doesn't nececairly mean you'll miss out on Ike vs Hector, because Lyn still needs to win against Lucina.

...uhm, I mean..., joining Hector is clearly the superior choice. Ike doesn't need the help to win the first round, but Chrom is a pretty scary opponent for Hector. Team Hector clearly needs you more!

I'm missing out no matter what I do, but if Lucina and Lyn are round 1, I don't have to worry about losing either of my favorite guys. Going Lyn then.

If she falls, I'll be incredibly conflicted. My two favorite male FE characters head to head and now I have both of them in my barracks. I have legit no idea who to side with.

Team Hector doesn't need me though, I'll be somewhat shocked if Chrom beats Hector but lost to Ephraim.

The amount of people choosing extremely bland characters to win makes me very worried for this series and its fanbase. (Ike and Lyn) 

Edited by Tuvy2

I doubt Chrom will beat Hector unless he pulls a Gaius. I would have considered supporting Hector, but he refuses to show up for me, so Lyn is my obvious remaining choice. Not sure who I'll support if Lyn loses though, which is why I hope she won't.

Also, lol @ calling Ike and Lyn bad characters when Chrom, Camilla and Tharja are right there

Edited by Korath88

35 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

The amount of people choosing extremely bland characters to win makes me very worried for this series and its fanbase. (Ike and Lyn) 

Whilst I understand that you singled out Ike and Lyn due to the fact they're winning the poll, I'm curious as to how you view the other poll options. I would understand your perspective (although don't agree), however you voted for Chrom who is most definitely in the same 'generic' bracket as Lyn/Ike (heck, potentially even more so). If you voted for Camilla, Tharja or Hector I could see where you're coming from as the three have more identifiable archetypal backgrounds, but Chrom is the poster boy of bland in a rather colourful Awakening cast.

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

@Arthur97

Shouldn't really bring up a 3 hour old subject again but hey why not I'm pretty stupid guy. So if you are actually confuse on Lyn's popularity then I can at least tell you why I really like Lyn.

So I won't speak for anyone else other then me, but Lyn as a character for me has always been an incredibly special character. When I finally got into franchise properly thanks to Awakening I finally decided to properly finish Blazing Sword. Gotta tell you it's over rated as hell but that's not the point. The point is Lyn does sincerely deserve to be 1st place overall (subjective I know). During the entire time I was playing Blazing Sword Lyn was by far my favorite character. Not just because she's smoking hot but because she's the only lord & character that gets you involve in the story. In her tutorial story she's constantly asking you for your advice, guidance, & opinion when it comes to her decision making. Granted it was only one time when it came to decision making involving Ninian's ring but she's still constantly asking for your take on these kind of situation. It also helps that she's constantly praising your tactics. Eliwood & Hector rarely any of that in comparison. It also helps she putting in a lot faith in a person she's just met which in this case is both you & me. The fact she's also treat you like her right hand man doesn't hurt either. Honestly unlike Eliwood & Hector, you can tell that you made an impact on her life. That's why as the 1st lord fans got a chance to interact in the west. Interesting that she made an impression to them as they did with Lyn's own impression on the Tactician. Granted by the time Lyn's tutorial story is over, she only interact with you once & that's when you reunite with her. However, should you have a game over with her, Lyn's last thought are about you!

Probably also help that not only she's gorgeous but she's also has the fan favorite class (Myrmidon) with being a lord version of that class to boot.

You argue as the 1st lord people got to interact with that honor should belong Chrom, well guess what?  Lyn's character is a lot more like Chrom than she is to Lucina. They both complete utter faith in their tactician (FYI that's you), ask for your 2nd hand judgement, & made an impact on their life.

While technically she's my 1st lord in the series I never bother finishing Blazing Sword until well 15 years later. So yeah Awakening for me & Lucy 4 lyfe. But Lyn is still great character regardless & that's why I personally believe she earn her popularity

Thanks for the input, but I was more or less satisfied by Ice Dragon's reply. Though I'm honestly not sure if your points help as they kind of make seem more like Tharja and that's a terrible thing in my eyes, but could help explain away her popularity as well. Though other than their complete faith in Mark, I still think Lyn has more in common with Lucina than Chrom.

50 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I doubt Chrom will beat Hector unless he pulls a Gaius. I would have considered supporting Hector, but he refuses to show up for me, so Lyn is my obvious remaining choice. Not sure who I'll support if Lyn loses though, which is why I hope she won't.

Also, lol @ calling Ike and Lyn bad characters when Chrom, Camilla and Tharja are right there

Hey, leave Chrom out of this.

i have lyn, roy, and hector (and chrom but i've never used him)

i like all 4 of those, maybe roy a little more than the others, but I totally wanna get in on that lyn vs lucina match so I think i'm gonna go team lyn first, especially since I have her as a level 40

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Thanks for the input, but I was more or less satisfied by Ice Dragon's reply. Though I'm honestly not sure if your points help as they kind of make seem more like Tharja and that's a terrible thing in my eyes, but could help explain away her popularity as well. Though other than their complete faith in Mark, I still think Lyn has more in common with Lucina than Chrom.

I have no idea why you came to the conclusion about Tharja, Lyn neither worships nor stalks the Tactician but whatever. I'm not here to change your mind just give you my take on Lyn.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I have no idea why you came to the conclusion about Tharja, Lyn neither worships nor stalks the Tactician but whatever. I'm not here to change your mind just give you my take on Lyn.

I never said she was exactly like her, but perhaps a little too focused on Mark which as a tutorial character, is what she was likely intended to do. I mean, to have her dying thoughts be about this stranger she barely knows since unlike Robin, the tactician up and leaves at the end of the tutorial, is a bit odd.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I never said she was exactly like her, but perhaps a little too focused on Mark which as a tutorial character, is what she was likely intended to do. I mean, to have her dying thoughts be about this stranger she barely knows since unlike Robin, the tactician up and leaves at the end of the tutorial, is a bit odd.

No more odd than Chrom just trusting an amnesiac tactician with his life.

3 hours ago, Bartozio said:

It seems we'll be joining forces once more then! Lets show them the power of Ostia!

I'm honestly a little dissapointed that the one time I could support Lyn in a voting gauntlet, Hector is also an option. And even Ike is there...

I'll be praying for team Lyn to win against Lucina, good luck guys.

Absolutely! Let's do this *cracks fingers* >:)

I really want Lyn to pull through. I think her first battle against Lucy would be the toughest. She's up against three past gauntlet winners on the girl's side no less. Go team Lyn, I want to see you guys in the finals! 

41 minutes ago, donkeykhang said:

Team Marth!

... orz

Ike or Lucy I guess... but I have neither! *head-desk*  Thud.jpg.bfa4ba3bf46d0430b6884c2cd9ac5622.jpg

This if your inner conscience. Choose the third option:  JOIN HECTOR. OHO.

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

My choice should be immensely obvious for any who know me, that being of course Roy.

I'll back either Lyn or Lucina if he goes down, assuming Tharja/Camilla don't somehow beat them.  If they do somehow win against Lyn or Lucina... I'll probably still back them lol, there's no way in hell I'd ever support Ike the Spotlight Thief.

So I guess my priority is 

Roy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lyn > Lucina > Chrom > Hector >>>>>>>>>>> Camilla > Tharja >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ike.

Hmm... I think right now my priorities are:

Roy>>>>Lucina>Lyn/Tharja>>>Chrom/Hector>Camilla>>>>>>Ike 

9 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

Lyn is probably going to win, since you know, she won the choose your legends event, but it will probably be close. I'm going team Hector, then Ike or Lyn if he looses.

I wouldn't take her victory for granted. While she is indeed more popular than Lucina outside FEH. People for whom this is first game will likely vote for later because better performance and exposure.

I feel like trying convince you to switch to Lyndis Legion, but I myself feel pretty bad not being able support Hector. So if you don't feel like switch, just support Hector well in my stead as well.

4 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I wouldn't take her victory for granted. While she is indeed more popular than Lucina outside FEH. People for whom this is first game will likely vote for later because better performance and exposure.

I feel like trying convince you to switch to Lyndis Legion, but I myself feel pretty bad not being able support Hector. So if you don't feel like switch, just support Hector well in my stead as well.

You also have to take into account that Ike got the most votes overall, he just had his votes split between his two versions.  Even with that, both his versions made it to the top 10.

If it was a straight popularity contest, Ike would win, but who knows how the multiplier will screw with things this time.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

You also have to take into account that Ike got the most votes overall, he just had his votes split between his two versions.  Even with that, both his versions made it to the top 10.

If it was a straight popularity contest, Ike would win, but who knows how the multiplier will screw with things this time.

You also have to take into account those who didn't vote for any of the top 8, since they will then have to pick a character they didn't vote for.

And of course there's people like me who didn't even take part in the CYL poll at all.

I'll go with Roy because I expect him to get a fair few multipliers against Ike xD 

I do wish multipliers were gone for this one, especially. This one is the one that would be the most interesting even without them. I mean, we know who the top guy would be, but I don't even know who the top girl would be. I reckon Lucina will edge out over Lyn, but Lyn won the CYL poll. I really like to think Camilla and Tharja don't stand a chance. They're my least liked characters in the whole gauntlet as it feels they are only there for two reasons... (no offence to fans who like them for other reasons. I actually do like Camilla as a character, and do wish they'd not been so blatant about fanservice with her, but Tharja is just a no for me... Double no since she appears twice and is the only female option for female tacticians, which is like a double blow :/ ) 

17 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Hmm... I think right now my priorities are:

Roy>>>>Lucina>Lyn/Tharja>>>Chrom/Hector>Camilla>>>>>>Ike 

You know, I don't think I have you added yet, and I find myself with a distinct lack of allies on Team Roy from the looks of the poll, so uh 8360998588

My lead is +Spd/-Res Leo with Brynhildr/Reposition/Moonbow/Death Blow 3/Swordbreaker 3/Fortify Cavalry at the moment, but I can change it to something else if you'd like me to.  

Options include Klein, Cecilia (still needs a 4* Roy for TA3, but has TA2), Reinhardt (still needs a 4* Klein for DB3, does have DB2), Xander (with a QR build, needs a better A slot though), Camus (with a Vantage kit), and Summer Xander (has QR).  

The rest aren't as kitted as these guys, but I can list them too if you'd like.