Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

23 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Welp, ike is my favorite character in the franchise, so I'll be going with him. Doubt he's going to win the whole thing though. Every guy is going to vote for their girlfriend over him most likely.

I know that's a pretty cynical way of putting it but it is what a lot of people go by.

I like both Lucina and Camilla quite a bit and have both as 5*s yet I still choose to spurn them both in favor of Ike. Even if Cordelia (my overall favorite 3DS-era female) were involved in this, I'd still be sticking with Ike. Just wanted to give some assurance not all of us guys think with our you-know-what first and foremost.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's the "everyone does it build", but Lyn with her prf weapon and Brash Assault is nice, and doesn't require 20K for a weapon.

Right now I'm essentially swimming in feathers that I don't know what to do with so it doesn't bother me too much. Plus I'm fresh out of Barte but I'm swimming in Draugs.

27 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Oh nah nah nah. See, now you HAVE to join with me purely cause you were literally with me every step of the way in that Gauntlet. Won't you fight beside me again? Won't you have the wind at our backs as we charge into combat one more time and carve out new legends? 

Chrom needs you

Hmmmm I did marry Chrom in my Awakening play through and he's one of my favorites from Awakening.... choices choices. 

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is nothing mysterious about it. Lyn never existed in BB just as Hector was never badass there either. She was invented simply to introduce the international community to Fire Emblem, and having a nice lady as the tutorial bot is better than having a male. As for her being the "ultimate myrmidon", well in FE7 she's more a castrated nomad trooper since she has no horse, and no critical bonus like actual swordmasters. Sol Katti was trash too, but hey at least she had pretty attack animations, Manicotti, and didn't have to be fielded the majority of the time.

I did say 'supposed to be' - obviously they failed because Joshua is objectively better looking at hobbies alone. Also shut up and let me pretend it was mysterious T_T

20 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, some of that would be practically unknown to most fans. Cipher is Japan only, the Durandal thing is a did you know? thing. And, yes, a large portion of it probably is sex appeal.

Never underestimate the sway a pair of breasts can hold on the masses - or the lack of pants. Also, I'd say she's probably the coolest Assist Trophy in Smash, at least on the WiiU/3DS - even my brother, who had Fire Emblem in general ruined for him by Melee Marth players(and hates playing with Items on), admitted that he thought it was a cool Assist once he realized it was supposed to be a Critical Hit like Marth, Lucina, and Roy's Final Smash.

Edited by SoulWeaver

I don't know if SF is a representative sample, but the guys vote currently outnumber the girls.  I think a bit part of past gauntlets was pretty much everyone had one of the top favorite girls, apart from Lyn, whereas none of the heavy hitters on the guys side were to be seen, apart from #10 Leo's continuing appearance.  The only time there were a handful of top guys was the first one, which pitted them against #2 girl Lucina.

25 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I like both Lucina and Camilla quite a bit and have both as 5*s yet I still choose to spurn them both in favor of Ike. Even if Cordelia (my overall favorite 3DS-era female) were involved in this, I'd still be sticking with Ike. Just wanted to give some assurance not all of us guys think with our you-know-what first and foremost.

Hey, I voted for a few of the guys...though Robin was the only one that I started out with, and I think Gaius was the only other one and I didn't join him until I had not choice. Still, to be fair, one was girls only and the flier one only had Subaki and I'm definitely not voting for him.

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't know if SF is a representative sample, but the guys vote currently outnumber the girls. 

Serenes Forest doesn’t like Tharja or Camilla.

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Hey, I voted for a few of the guys...though Robin was the only one that I started out with, and I think Gaius was the only other one and I didn't join him until I had not choice. Still, to be fair, one was girls only and the flier one only had Subaki and I'm definitely not voting for him.

My intent with that post wasn't to call anyone here out specifically. It was mostly an assertion of my loyalty to Ike. Though while we're talking about who we've sided with, I've only ever started out on a female character's team when there was only a single guy involved (Camilla in the flier gauntlet) or when there weren't any guys at all (Elise in the healer gauntlet). I did end all three of the gauntlets Leo has been in on a female character's team though mostly because of my refusal to side with the pricks who eliminated Leo in all three occasions (Lucina, Tharja, Corrin).

Edited by Tybrosion

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

My intent with that post wasn't to call anyone here out specifically. It was mostly an assertion of my loyalty to Ike. Though while we're talking about who we've sided with, I've only ever started out on a female character's team when there was only a single guy involved (Camilla in the flier gauntlet) or when there weren't any guys at all (Elise in the healer gauntlet). I did end all three of the gauntlets Leo has been in on a female character's team though mostly because of my refusal to side with the pricks who eliminated Leo in all three occasions (Lucina, Tharja, Corrin).

I started Lucina in the first one, then I went Cordelia to Minerva, then I was Robin to the end, then Lissa to Priscilla, and the Summer one was all over the place going from Tiki to Robin to Gaius. Coincidentally, I've only been on the winning team once. What I can I say, I like to go on preference. Maybe I'll get lucky and Lucina will pull out another win. I genuinely think she can do it if we can knock out Lyn.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I didn't mind Leo's first two losses, because they were fair fights.  It was Gaius cheating his way into the finals that rubbed me the wrong way and made me side with Corrin.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I didn't mind Leo's first two losses, because they were fair fights.  It was Gaius cheating his way into the finals that rubbed me the wrong way and made me side with Corrin.

Wait, that was a multiplier win? Huh, I wasn't too invested in that one so I didn't know.

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Oh nah nah nah. See, now you HAVE to join with me purely cause you were literally with me every step of the way in that Gauntlet. Won't you fight beside me again? Won't you have the wind at our backs as we charge into combat one more time and carve out new legends? 

Chrom needs you

Wow! You too! Like, the nerve!

1 hour ago, Anime27Arts said:

I have no objections to Lyn right now. I have a +spd Lyn that I'm grinding SP to get desperation and a brave sword + on her. I would go with a sweep skill but I haven't pulled anyone who has that.

Choose Lyn

Also, Brave sword seems OP with her speed, but her attack is like, garbage. You should tooootally do what I did and give her Brash Assault! 

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I know the first two were fair losses. It's just that I wanted petty revenge on each of his vanquishers especially with Ephraim as I didn't like him to begin with.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh no no no! Don't get me wrong!

I wasn't trying to imply everyone was like that. That's just me being cynical.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Tybrosion: on one hand, we both dislike Ephraim. On the other hand, you like Ike.

What to do with you?

Thanks, Azama.

As I explained a little bit earlier today, Ike himself is a big part of why I'm even on this very site today as his inclusion in Brawl eventually led me to become curious enough in him to try out the Tellius games, the first FE games I played. For that, he'll always have a special place in the heart of this FE fan.

If you need another favorable point about me though, I still think memes by and large are a festering cancer. I also like Azama for what that's worth.

15 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Oh no no no! Don't get me wrong!

I wasn't trying to imply everyone was like that. That's just me being cynical.

Nah, it's fine. I just felt like making it clear that I'm not part of that crowd.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If you need another favorable point about me though, I still think memes by and large are a festering cancer.

You might even say that memes are… disgusting.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Team Roy!

Is his CYL going to count for the guantlet? I still have yet to pull a vanilla Roy after all this time.

I don't think so, but his Vanilla version is in the Gauntlet Banner, but unfortunately, so are two other Reds, so it might be hard to focus pull for him.

1 minute ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Is his CYL going to count for the guantlet? I still have yet to pull a vanilla Roy after all this time.

It is not going to count. You have always needed to field the exact hero you support, with the exact title and artwork.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think so, but his Vanilla version is in the Gauntlet Banner, but unfortunately, so are two other Reds, so it might be hard to focus pull for him.

Drats. Thank you Rezzy and @Vaximillian for answering my question though!

That does stink for ranking, but that this point my goal is to get the freebie Roy and then try to pull as many horsie Roys as I can before the banner ends to merge as much as possible. I'm finally getting a Roy, so I want to make him as boss as possible, because I'm using him no matter what.

Are the freebies guaranteed neutral, do we know?

1 hour ago, Anime27Arts said:

Right now I'm essentially swimming in feathers that I don't know what to do with so it doesn't bother me too much. Plus I'm fresh out of Barte but I'm swimming in Draugs

Think is Lyn may have nice speed, but she has terrible strength. Her Mt.16 weapons compensate for it (and in build Desperation 2 is also very useful). If you give her brave weapon you can find yourself getting 4x0 dmg more often than you would like. Give her fury/Brash assault or TA3 at least and unleash her on enemy.

36 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Wait, that was a multiplier win? Huh, I wasn't too invested in that one so I didn't know.

I think his first fight against Fred was too.