Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Hey, it suddenly occurs to me I meant to test the whole Gauntlet partner thing... is anyone else still up for substantiating attempts?

That, and the whole thing about uni during Round 1 on both days, makes me want to go Team Lyn.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in a tough spot with who to pick. Tharja is the least popular in the gauntlet, so she will give me lots of feathers, but we like Ike, and I really want to support my man.

I have a Tharja, an Ike and a Roy, so I'm not short on bonus allies...

1 minute ago, The_antithesis said:

I'm in a tough spot with who to pick. Tharja is the least popular in the gauntlet, so she will give me lots of feathers, but we like Ike, and I really want to support my man.

I have a Tharja, an Ike and a Roy, so I'm not short on bonus allies...

Choose Roy round one and profit off of Ike murdering your team. Tharja has a good chance of making it to round 2 and losing there, so support her second. You should then be able to support Ike for the finals.

It could all go terribly wrong, but the theory is sound.

7 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

Choose Roy round one and profit off of Ike murdering your team. Tharja has a good chance of making it to round 2 and losing there, so support her second. You should then be able to support Ike for the finals.

It could all go terribly wrong, but the theory is sound.

Thanks! Tharja will likely lose to Camilla, giving me no-one to support in round 2, but it's worth a shot.

2 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Thanks! Tharja will likely lose to Camilla, giving me no-one to support in round 2, but it's worth a shot.

Honestly, that's the point where the plan is most likely to encounter a failure case (of course in that case, just side with anyone but the winner of Lyn/Lucina and you're mostly fine), but I do think Tharja has a decent shot of getting to round 2. What leads you to believe that Camilla is the likely winner of their match up in particular?

Edited by Ildanach

1 hour ago, Clogon said:

The real question is will Ike be the first man to beat the ladies?

Banking on that. 

(Why in hell did they have #1 face #2 in the first round rather than #4?...)

Edited by Vince777

13 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Banking on that. 

(Why in hell did they have #1 face #2 in the first round rather than #4?...)

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't seed the gauntlet like that too because if they did, Lucina and Tharja would've been paired off with each other in could've gone down as The Great Awakening Civil War of 2017.

Edited by Tybrosion

4 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Hey, it suddenly occurs to me I meant to test the whole Gauntlet partner thing... is anyone else still up for substantiating attempts?

That, and the whole thing about uni during Round 1 on both days, makes me want to go Team Lyn.

Unfortunatly, I won't be helping with this for now, since I have a Hector and all that...

Maybe I'll help out if he loses at some point and I decide to join Lyn (not sure if I'll go with her or Ike though).

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Unfortunatly, I won't be helping with this for now, since I have a Hector and all that...

Maybe I'll help out if he loses at some point and I decide to join Lyn (not sure if I'll go with her or Ike though).

What? ...Oh.

Add another reason to the pile of reasons I'll be fighting in the name of Lyn. Ranking feathers? Who needs them, I have SCIENCE!

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

What? ...Oh.

Add another reason to the pile of reasons I'll be fighting in the name of Lyn. Ranking feathers? Who needs them, I have SCIENCE!

Nothing stopping me from having both!

I'll be rooting for you guys on team Lyn though, good luck.

Just now, Bartozio said:

Nothing stopping me from having both!

I'll be rooting for you guys on team Lyn though, good luck.

Nothing but the fact I have uni on both Round 1 mornings. My rank is not going to be pretty. At least I'm awake for the early multipliers.

And thanks. Ironically, Ike was my first Lord- and I can't even say Lyn was my first female Lord, because that was Elincia Micaiah. First Lord I played, maybe...

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Nothing but the fact I have uni on both Round 1 mornings. My rank is not going to be pretty. At least I'm awake for the early multipliers.

And thanks. Ironically, Ike was my first Lord- and I can't even say Lyn was my first female Lord, because that was Elincia Micaiah. First Lord I played, maybe...

Damn, that's bad luck. But yeah, if you can at least get the multipliers you should be fine. I'm lucky that my uni only starts next week by which time Hector is probably already out anyway.

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Damn, that's bad luck. But yeah, if you can at least get the multipliers you should be fine. I'm lucky that my uni only starts next week by which time Hector is probably already out anyway.

Prac's next week for me, which would be even worse. I suspect Round 3 will cut into it. (So, if Lyn winds up eliminated, I might just Ike for the bonus points).

...Not that I'd ever support Lucina anyway.

5 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

This  is my first gauntlet I have actually all units. Lyn is paradoxically my least used (bar Ike who I got just recently) though I am doing amends these days.

Considering the time before Hero Merit? My Arthur and Corrin (M) saw a lot of use before it, and have like single digit Merit now.

7 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

Unlikely. The support for Lyn is extremely strong, as she introduced the series to the world outside Japan.

I don't think it's that unlikely. I think it could be quite close, maybe even Frederick vs Gaius close. Lyn has a lot of support and got more votes than PoR Ike in the poll, but RD Ike's supporters will surely go to Team Ike here and Ike has the most votes when you combine them. So due to this and the multiplier and all, it really could go either way entirely, really.

As long as we get a Lyn vs Ike final, I'll be happy, regardless of who wins the last round.

(I mean, as much as I like Hector, Ike is all but guaranteed to reach the final round.)

Edited by Korath88

So, going off a very amateur Twitter inspection, it seems that among western fans Ike has more support than Roy, Lyn and Lucina are pretty evenly matched, Hector slightly more than Chrom, and Camilla slightly more than Tharja. Among Japanese fans I saw some interesting results, namely that Ike also has more support than Roy, Lyn and Lucina remain equal, Chrom slightly more than Hector, and Tharja and Camilla are pretty evenly matched. Based on this and our own poll I think Ike and Camilla are very likely to win round 1 barring some multiplier shenanigans, with the others being a toss up. The closest will probably be Lyn v Lucina and I could honestly see it go to either of them despite Lyn winning in the CYL poll. As for Chrom v Hector I think Hector will win despite Chrom's lead in Japan.

On 8/28/2017 at 1:48 PM, Anacybele said:

Oh, anyone on Team Ike that wants to friend me just let me know! :)

I'm keeping Summer Freddy as my lead since colorless allies seem hard to come by in gauntlets and of course I still love him. :P

Here he is for reference, though his HM is of course higher since this shot was taken.

Y7c9HYo.png

Prepare to get killed by abs of death, Roy!

Alright then. Your Frederick could be helpful as I don't have any decent dagger units 

My lead is Innes (+Atk/-Def) if anyone on Team Ike needs a quad brave bow archer or a magic/raven tome + TA check. Just let me know which build is needed/prefered. 

My FC is 7895860063.

1 hour ago, Paris said:

Alright then. Your Frederick could be helpful as I don't have any decent dagger units 

My lead is Innes (+Atk/-Def) if anyone on Team Ike needs a quad brave bow archer or a magic/raven tome + TA check. Just let me know which build is needed/prefered. 

My FC is 7895860063.

Awesome! ^^ I'll add you! And that Innes sounds awesome too.

Team Roy let's go! Oh fgs we're gonna get pummelled by Ike so hard

I just need to remember to reign in the salt when Ike inevitably wins, I'm sorry in advance, you'd all be the same way.

When Roy loses wins he's my boy god dammit I'll probably be switching to Lyn just for the sake of the feathers. It's a shame really because out of the ladies here, Camilla is my favourite. Not to say I don't like the others, of course I do I mean Lucina has been my daughter, daughter-in-law and niece, I'm indifferent to Tharja and as for Lyn...while I don't like her as much as the rest of the fanbase seems to, she's alright.

As for the gents...Roy is my second favourite FE character of all time, Chrom has been my husband and brother-in-law and Hector gives us Lilina and is essentially Roy's uncle in all but blood. As for Ike...the less I say about him the better, I don't want to cause an argument.

Anyways, good luck everybody, let's all be good sports, no gloating, no raging, let's just have a friendly competition that Ike's gonna dominate ffs

Idk why I'm even trying

6 hours ago, Noble Of Pherae said:

My ID is 8907438232.

Add me if you support team Hector!

Request send. Username is Bardth, lead is Camus.

I can also swap to a Reinhardt, a Ryoma or a Klein if you want.

8 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

Team Roy let's go! Oh fgs we're gonna get pummelled by Ike so hard

I just need to remember to reign in the salt when Ike inevitably wins, I'm sorry in advance, you'd all be the same way.

When Roy loses wins he's my boy god dammit I'll probably be switching to Lyn just for the sake of the feathers. It's a shame really because out of the ladies here, Camilla is my favourite. Not to say I don't like the others, of course I do I mean Lucina has been my daughter, daughter-in-law and niece, I'm indifferent to Tharja and as for Lyn...while I don't like her as much as the rest of the fanbase seems to, she's alright.

As for the gents...Roy is my second favourite FE character of all time, Chrom has been my husband and brother-in-law and Hector gives us Lilina and is essentially Roy's uncle in all but blood. As for Ike...the less I say about him the better, I don't want to cause an argument.

Anyways, good luck everybody, let's all be good sports, no gloating, no raging, let's just have a friendly competition that Ike's gonna dominate ffs

Idk why I'm even trying

I wonder what Hector would say if he heard you consider him Roy's uncle because of Lilina

While I certainly don't mind anyone joining Lyn, why would you do it for the feathers? You're aware you can get more when you join the smaller team, right?