Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

6 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Okay, but the size of Ike's team was between 5-10x larger than Roys, so this really shouldn't have been close. She's just celebrating the fact that there was no absurd multiplier. Ike's win was potentially questioned due to the possibility of the mulitiplier. But that didn't come to pass. And then she didn't say anything mean, rude, or whatever. So why are you trying to chastise her over something silly like that?

Whoah dude, chill. 

Ike should have won, yeah. I'm not an idiot. I supported Roy because he's my favorite, just like she (and you) love Ike. I was there for CYL, I'm not blind.

The whole buh-BYE Roy thing tipped me the wrong way and I said something about it. You'll also notice that I wasn't the only one saying not to gloat. Also, Ana has a history of coming across as abrasive sometimes that is not just that once post, and if the tables were turned and I gloated the Ike defense force would have been on my ass. I didn't gloat, I lost, and the Ike defense force is STILL on my ass.

Way to win with class, guys.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, can we not turn this into an argument about me, please?

How about I just apologize so we can move on? I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just trying to joke around for fun. So yeah, sorry...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Hey, can we not turn this into an argument about me, please?

How about I just apologize so we can move on? I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just trying to joke around for fun. So yeah, sorry...

Honestly not upset at you Ana. You're a big girl though, and I know you can fight your own battles - we've had them.

6 minutes ago, a bear said:

@Motendra I too burned all me flags for good king Chrom and just barely stuck in the top 1k. Guess I shouldn't be so eager to burn my flags on a losing team early in the morn.

off to Team Ike I gooooo

Really, only 1k? What was your score?

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

You know what they say: "Talk softly and carry a big sword!"

I misread this as a Sothe pun at first. (Tellius dagger reps go! Plus sages with daggers will make everybody happy) Also aren't all swords just metal sticks when it comes right down to it man? 

Edited by goodperson707

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This too, kinda, but hey, it's cool, man. :P I'm not upset. Hell, I'm too happy to be upset!

Yes, of course! He was just jumping on your case unnecessarily, and I didn't think that was right, so I said something, that's all.

8 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Whoah dude, chill. 

Ike should have one, yeah. I'm not an idiot. I supported Roy because he's my favorite, just like she (and you) love Ike. I was there for CYL, I'm not blind.

The whole buh-BYE Roy thing tipped me the wrong way and I said something about it. You'll also notice that I wasn't the only one saying not to gloat. Also, Ana has a history of coming across as abrasive sometimes that is not just that once post, and if the tables were turned and I gloated the Ike defense force would have been on my ass. I didn't gloat, I lost, and the Ike defense force is STILL on my ass.

Way to win with class, guys.

Wait, what did I say that was heated? I thought my statement wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Sure, Ana is definitely abrasive sometimes, and that has caused problems. I've had problems with her before, and she'd probably agree that we don't get along all that well. But the only person behaving oddly here is you. She wasn't gloating, but you're trying to make this a big ordeal. That's all unnecessary. Sometimes losing and winning can bring out the bad in people, but maybe we can just take a moment to reflect to let it bring out the better in us, yeah?

Glad Ike moves on but sad Roy is gone so early. Hector is gonna be tough but I'm confident , again not taking the multiplier into account.

Let's all try to get along guys. These are the top characters and they're all in this gauntlet for a reason. There's no need for bickering. 

565,318 points earning Rank ~#1500 on Team Chrom, and ~3800 cumulative rank. Got 500 flags left over. Could have used them all, but multipliers early in the round aren't worth as much, so I relented a bit until today's. Going Team Hector despite not having him. I do have Ike, but the sheer volume of people on that Team, as well as the lack of multipliers will really cut into the feathers I could be earning. I'll join him in the finale.

Thanks for nothing, you Japanese fucker with an Eirika. Helped me much against the Clarine and Cecilia FE6 bridges map with two Deltheas (and a Lucina) guarding the said bridges. My side had Bethany’s Florina and my Lyn. Yeah.

That out of the way, thank you, Team Lucina, for a close and engaging battle. May you rally around the best lady of this gauntlet in the following rounds!

6 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Yes, of course! He was just jumping on your case unnecessarily, and I didn't think that was right, so I said something, that's all.

Wait, what did I say that was heated? I thought my statement wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Sure, Ana is definitely abrasive sometimes, and that has caused problems. I've had problems with her before, and she'd probably agree that we don't get along all that well. But the only person behaving oddly here is you. She wasn't gloating, but you're trying to make this a big ordeal. That's all unnecessary. Sometimes losing and winning can bring out the bad in people, but maybe we can just take a moment to reflect to let it bring out the better in us, yeah?

Will once again, and calmly, refer to the fact that I wasn't the only one who said something. So, other than me being a proud Roy fan, I'm not sure why you singled me out and not Rezzy.

You'll also note that I congratulated her, have since been speaking with Ana quite civilly. You're reading way too much in to stuff, and for someone who doesn't get along you sure are quite the white night.

If you want to accuse me of being a sore loser, go ahead. I didn't taunt the Ike fans while the gauntlet is going on, I haven't cried fowl, and I'm a part of the discussion. Winning and losing does bring out the worst in people, and if losing is bringing out the worst in me, according to you, then winning is bringing out the worst in you, according to me.

You didn't think what I said was right, so you said something. I didn't think what she said was right, so I said something.

I have established, to Ana directly, I have nothing going on against her, and I definitely had nothing going against you, who I do not know, and who was not really part of it.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

59 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Your example is pretty easily countered.

With the multiplier, kind-of-close matches (<20% size difference) turn into snore-fests where once the larger team takes the lead, they'll have it forever, but it makes matches with greater size differences more interesting due to having multipliers more often.

The comparison to make was that previously, every match with more than about a 5% size difference was a snore-fest because the winner was basically decided and no amount of rallying by the smaller team would be worth anything.

Essentially, it's a trade-off where more matches will be interesting and fewer matches will be snore-fests because it's much, much harder to engineer a bracket where all matches are close matches than it is to put any eight characters together and watch them go.

I don't see how the multiplier existing is any more artificial or arbitrary than having to hand the ball off to the other team if you fail to advance 10 yards in 4 plays.

I guess the problem comes to this.  I do not find anything interesting in a rigged match.  So I reject your premise that the multiplier EVER makes things more interesting.  In my opinion it does nothing but inject an arbitrary and capricious element that you can't even work around because you have no meaningful way to affect the others on your team.

So for me, the multiplier fixed something that didn't need fixing. 

Regarding your football example, that is inapposite to this game.  In football you have one team trying to advance the ball against another team trying to stop them.  Failing to advance 10 yards only comes because the defense stopped you.

The multiplier would be more akin to if you manage to advance 30 yards the other team gets to take the ball back 25 yards of your progress away, because reasons.

I remember people hyping a CYL gauntlet for being close, but the Lyn vs Lucina was pretty boring TBH. Once the first few hours passed, Lyn's lead just kept on growing. I don't know if the other match-ups were more back and forth, but looking at the current score, it seems like winners had around a 300M lead except for the Hector vs Chrom match-up. 

I guess the gauntlet isn't over so there's still a chance that we'll have something resembling Chrom vs Ephraim, but I expect Ike and Lyn to crush Hector and Camilla. I think only the grand finale of Ike vs Lyn has the potential of being close at this point.

7 minutes ago, a bear said:

#906 with 665,217 points in the penultimate hour. Not as good as it could be but this is fine.

Ah, a fair score.

Looks like I'm ending as #287 in the army and #413 in total with a score of 786,367

2 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Would you like to add me for the next round? I don't really talk to people around here, but I figure I might as well ask.

Sure, why not? ID’s 2511325170 unless you can see the signature.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Thanks for nothing, you Japanese fucker with an Eirika. Helped me much against the Clarine and Cecilia FE6 bridges map with two Deltheas (and a Lucina) guarding the said bridges. My side had Bethany’s Florina and my Lyn. Yeah.

That out of the way, thank you, Team Lucina, for a close and engaging battle. May you rally around the best lady of this gauntlet in the following rounds!

What exactly hppened there?

2 minutes ago, Sophie said:

@phineas81707 and @Vaximillian

Would you like to add me for the next round? I don't really talk to people around here, but I figure I might as well ask.

Of course! The more the merrier for my experiment. And I could never say no to someone with a Tana picture.

I don't have your name, mascot or code, though, so you'll need to give me more than that.

6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I remember people hyping a CYL gauntlet for being close, but the Lyn vs Lucina was pretty boring TBH. Once the first few hours passed, Lyn's lead just kept on growing. I don't know if the other match-ups were more back and forth, but looking at the current score, it seems like winners had around a 300M lead except for the Hector vs Chrom match-up. 

I guess the gauntlet isn't over so there's still a chance that we'll have something resembling Chrom vs Ephraim, but I expect Ike and Lyn to crush Hector and Camilla. I think only the grand finale of Ike vs Lyn has the potential of being close at this point.

It was boring because it was close.

GG to Tharja. Was sad to watch my 2 favorites of the gauntlet have to face off first round.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm going to support Camilla next, because I like her.

Add me! (FC in sig)! Even if we can't pull off a win we'll get to load up on feathers I suppose.