Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

56 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I really don't see the downside of having the ability to trade units. Seriously, what's the downside?

It would be a short-term advantage to us. We'd get more of the characters we want but IS would make less money and the game wouldn't survive as long. Plus, the desire to get all the characters you like is a big draw to keep playing, so if you could get all your favorites too easily, the game might get boring.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh we lost... hopefully Lucina doesn't lose out on a smash bros 5 roster spot because of this...

I just wonder how close it really was, how did the team size compare between Lyn and Lucina and how did both of them compare to Ike. It looked as if both had higher scores than Ike last i checked and he should have had more multipliers due to the larger team size difference between him and Roy.

2 minutes ago, Erchamion said:

Sigh we lost... hopefully Lucina doesn't lose out on a smash bros 5 roster spot because of this...

I just wonder how close it really was, how did the team size compare between Lyn and Lucina and how did both of them compare to Ike. It looked as if both had higher scores than Ike last i checked and he should have had more multipliers due to the larger team size difference between him and Roy.

Ike's final score (4,830,844,418) was higher than Lucina's (4,508,741,686) but not Lyn's (4,851,591,587). Ike only ever got the multiplier once while Lucina and Lyn got it thrice and twice respectively. Ike averaged more points per hour without the multiplier compared to Lyn though.

Round 2: Start!

Ike is likely going to body Hector, as all the GBA fans are with Lyn. So, unless Hector can pull some serious multiplier shinannigans, Ike will win.

Lyn Vs Camilla, on the other hand, may get close... Lyn is the most popular character in the game, but Camilla has the ENTIRE awakening/fates bandwagon behind her. I hope Lyn can win, and I think that's where the smart money is, but anything could happen, especially with a multiplier.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Ike's final score (4,830,844,418) was higher than Lucina's (4,508,741,686) but not Lyn's (4,851,591,587). Ike only ever got the multiplier once while Lucina and Lyn got it thrice and twice respectively. Ike averaged more points per hour without the multiplier compared to Lyn though.

Even worse than i thought then... oh well

Edited by Erchamion

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

On the other hand, Lyn v. Lucina was pretty much a sleeper round. Team Lyn basically had no reason to ever use flags.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the other hand, Lyn v. Lucina was pretty much a sleeper round. Team Lyn basically had no reason to ever use flags.

You can say the same about us of Team Ike. Outside his one multiplier hour, I never felt compelled to spend a single flag.

19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Join team Ike.

Uses CYL!Ike.

On the first match, my two teammates are both regular Ikes.

Too much Ike is a thing, you know.

Not if it's means getting 1st place it won't

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Still have 400 left over.

7 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Lyn Vs Camilla, on the other hand, may get close... Lyn is the most popular character in the game, but Camilla has the ENTIRE awakening/fates bandwagon behind her. I hope Lyn can win, and I think that's where the smart money is, but anything could happen, especially with a multiplier.

...No offence to the Modern fans, but how on earth did we wind up in a situation where your poster child is Camilla?

15 minutes ago, Erchamion said:

Thanks for dredging up those fears again.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wouldn't team Lyn have have to use a fair amount of flags if the team sizes were close?

Edited by Erchamion

19 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

It would be a short-term advantage to us. We'd get more of the characters we want but IS would make less money and the game wouldn't survive as long. Plus, the desire to get all the characters you like is a big draw to keep playing, so if you could get all your favorites too easily, the game might get boring.

Yeah, gonna disagree with you there. There's only so much money I'm willing to spend on a unit. I prefer having the option of just buying her at that point.

14 minutes ago, Erchamion said:

That will never happen. If anything it just means Lyn should be in Smash 5/Switch

9 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

Round 2: Start!

Ike is likely going to body Hector, as all the GBA fans are with Lyn. So, unless Hector can pull some serious multiplier shinannigans, Ike will win.

I'm sorry but that's not even remotely true. If there's any character reps the 3DS Era, it going to be Chrom, Robin, or Lucina. Camilla is more along the lines of FE fanservice.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

You can say the same about us of Team Ike. Outside his one multiplier hour, I never felt compelled to spend a single flag.

Except that people who don't realize how the mechanic works have a bad habit of being dumb and spending flags when their team is behind (you'll notice both Ike's and Lyn's per-hour scores are higher when they're behind or nearly tied). Ike was behind for 14 hours after the initial yo-yo, whereas Lyn was behind for only 3.

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Still have 400 left over.

1,110 here. Only spent 400 on the second multiplier (slept through the first).

7 minutes ago, Erchamion said:

Wouldn't team Lyn have have to use a fair amount of flags if the team sizes were close?

Nope. Lyn was leading the entire time, and, as mentioned above, casual players are less likely to spend flags when their teams are winning.

Edited by Ice Dragon

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nope. Lyn was leading the entire time, and, as mentioned above, casual players are less likely to spend flags when their teams are winning.

Yes which is why I figured they must have spent flags, if both teams were close in size and the leading one spends less they wouldn't pull ahead unless the team size difference was larger than what would have been expected from the CYL results (which very well might have happened). However I agree on that the casuals would have spent less flags... maybe Lyns team just was that much larger.

Edited by Erchamion

Just now, Erchamion said:

Yes which is why I figured they must have spent flags, if both teams were close in size and the leading one spends less they wouldn't pull ahead unless the team size difference was larger than what would have been expected from the CYL results (which very well might have happened).

First-hour results put Lyn in the lead by 20%, but her average lead over the entire round was only 14%. For comparison, Lyn's lead in CYL was 16%.

There are, of course, a lot of ways to explain the difference, but one of those is that Team Lucina spent more flags during the round than Team Lyn. We can't know for certain without data that only the developers would know, but it's a likelihood that cannot be ignored.

4 minutes ago, Erchamion said:

Yes which is why I figured they must have spent flags, if both teams were close in size and the leading one spends less they wouldn't pull ahead unless the team size difference was larger than what would have been expected from the CYL results (which very well might have happened). However I agree on that the casuals would have spent less flags... maybe Lyns team just was that much larger.

I honestly don't think anyone in their right mind would spend flags without a multiplier these days. I'm pretty sure those were just the standard hourly gains allowing Lyn to pull ahead.

Dear diary, today was a good day for being a Lyn fan.

On 9/2/2017 at 4:28 PM, Zangetsu said:

Yeah, gonna disagree with you there. There's only so much money I'm willing to spend on a unit.

I'm F2P so my amount is zero. Still got a lot of my favorites though!

Edited by NekoKnight

Isn't it a teeny bit dramatic to think that Nintendo would suddenly disown Lucina because she barely lost out on a popularity contest on a mobile game? She's still one of the most popular characters of all time, and she had more support behind her than plenty of the other teams. I'm sure she'll be fine. 

I am proud of Hector for making it past the second round! ...now I guess it's time for a curb-stomp. Afterwards I'll probably jump to Team Lyn if she makes it. 

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Isn't it a teeny bit dramatic to think that Nintendo would suddenly disown Lucina because she barely lost out on a popularity contest on a mobile game? She's still one of the most popular characters of all time, and she had more support behind her than plenty of the other teams. I'm sure she'll be fine. 

I am proud of Hector for making it past the second round! ...now I guess it's time for a curb-stomp. Afterwards I'll probably jump to Team Lyn if she makes it. 

The more popular the character, the more paranoid and overdramatic the fans. At least that's what I've observed.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

No. A new, dark age is coming. All is lost, and the Fire Emblem fandom caused it.

/s

9 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Screenshot_2017-09-02-16-41-10.thumb.png.58453fba94ece261b31e1abfbabdbf29.png

Dear diary, today was a good day for being a Lyn fan.

I'm F2P so my amount is zero. Still got a lot of my favorites though!

Well aren't u lucky.........lucky bastard!

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

No. A new, dark age is coming. All is lost, and the Fire Emblem fandom caused it.

/s

Implying we aren't already in the dark age that wasn't cause by the FE fandom.

Edited by Zangetsu

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Implying we aren't already the dark age wasn't cause by the FE fandom.

Oh surely it can't be that bad, let me just watch the YouTube comments of any given Fire Emblem Warriors video and...oh...oh my. Oh dear.