Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Do you stick your tongue out at everyone you come across?
Because that’s exactly what your overuse of :P emoticon means.

Oh, no. Sorry, I didn't mean to overuse it. My bad...

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

Let's go Team Ike! Let's fight for our friends! And, if we're not friends on here already, feel free to add me: 8608857766. Let me know if you do though! My Cherche is ready for an Ostian snack!

Added ya! I'm Kels with Summer Freddy as my lead. Let's fight for our friends indeed! WE LIKE IKE!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Looking at the projections, we are dangerously close to a double upset.

Camilla will most likely get a bonus in the final 5 hours. If it happens to be the last hour or two, Lyn might not be able to overcome it.

And The projection shows Hector missing the 7.5x by .39%. With just a little more from Ike or a little less from Hector, a 7.5x would mean victory for Hector.

If both of those happen, and Camilla wins the refugee war along with the gauntlet, I will be physically sick.

On the one hand, everyone knows my opinion on the multiplier, but on the other hand, if Camilla won due to double upset, hopefully, the outcry would make them change the stacking multiplier mechanic.

5 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Looking at the projections, we are dangerously close to a double upset.

Camilla will most likely get a bonus in the final 5 hours. If it happens to be the last hour or two, Lyn might not be able to overcome it.

And The projection shows Hector missing the 7.5x by .39%. With just a little more from Ike or a little less from Hector, a 7.5x would mean victory for Hector.

If both of those happen, and Camilla wins the refugee war along with the gauntlet, I will be physically sick.

There's no point in projecting a future winner this far ahead, 12 hours before the end is when you can show some confidence in it.

15 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Although I like the artist she should've had her original artist do her CYL design than the same person 3 times now such a waste I hope her next iteration gets a change for once....

I wouldn't mind another artist either (as long as I like result ), To be honest I am not too No fond of vanilla Lyn art it feels too stiff, but bride version is glorious and CYL one is second to Roy only IMHO (yes I prefer standard Lucina for one).

Long story short I am content with current artist.

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Long story short I am content with current artist.

I do like Kotaro Yamada’s Lyns, but I’d also love to see Sachiko Wada’s take on the character she designed fourteen years ago.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

On the one hand, everyone knows my opinion on the multiplier, but on the other hand, if Camilla won due to double upset, hopefully, the outcry would make them change the stacking multiplier mechanic.

I hate it too, but I have to admit, that would be some crazy-ass exciting shit. Emphasis on the shit, but still, no one would forget that.

Ultimately, I like the multiplier for some score variance. In the original iteration of the VG, You literally have to do a battle every 30 mins and use all flags optimally in order to score high. With the 3x, a curbstomped team eventually just has a constant 3x for every hour and that Team has an advantage in the cumulative rank. The Final was just an actually close match compared to the first two so we didn't see that. Robin V Merric however was from what I heard like 40 out of 45 hours of bonus for Merric.

The current iteration allows for upsets which can be exciting but the problem is that because it is an upset based solely on team size, there are more people mad about losing than there are people who are happy they won.

Just now, Glennstavos said:

Whoa, I'm late. Just how outmatched is Hector vs Ike?

Let's just say that if the multiplier wasn't a thing, this would probably look like Lucina vs Ephraim. xP

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

A great battle it was. And since Chrom's a good sport, naturally, this is the only logical course (by Chrom's logic, anyway). My sword is yours!

I haven't decided between Ike & Lyn yet, tbh. As it stands, I have neither

Avenge his daughter! Go Ike!

31 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Oddly, because of RD, Ike stopped striking my fancy. I liked him in PoR but then RD made him feel so bland and needlessly everywhere that I grew to dislike him. It doesn't help that so many treat him as the second coming either...

I used to really like Lyn, since she was my first lord, but I really dislike her heroes art and her character seems off from what I can remember. I'm probably wrong and it's nostalgia speaking, but something doesn't feel right with her. I do wish at least one of her iterations had a different artist, though. Her face just doesn't seem right to me artwise -.- 

I think they may have ramped up her loyalty a tad too much.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I do like Kotaro Yamada’s Lyns, but I’d also love to see Sachiko Wada’s take on the character she designed fourteen years ago.

Oh right it was her...

Yes I would definitely like see it too at least once.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Whoa, I'm late. Just how outmatched is Hector vs Ike?

It looks like Ike is getting almost three times as many votes as Hector, but the outcome is up in the air anyway. Hector is currently projected to barely miss getting a multiplier at the end, but if Ike pulls ahead faster than expected, Hector could get the multiplier in the last couple of hours and win.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: @Tybrosion Wow, prepare for a LOT of salt from Lyn people if that does become the case. But I wouldn't be upset. This would give Ike an easier time winning the gauntlet if he can get past Hector here.

Eh, I still have plenty of leftover salt from last gauntlet to pass to them if they need more.

I'd be straight up laughing my ass off if Lyn up ends losing. It'd also be extremely cathartic to watch a character I despise get screwed after being forced to watch it happen to one of my absolute favorites.

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I've seen rocks that are cuter than him.

And I've seen rocks that are ten times more interesting than Lyn ever was or will be. If you want to start throwing stones, you'd better be prepared to get some return fire from me.

Just now, Othin said:

It looks like Ike is getting almost three times as many votes as Hector, but the outcome is up in the air anyway. Hector is currently projected to barely miss getting a multiplier at the end, but if Ike pulls ahead faster than expected, Hector could get the multiplier in the last couple of hours and win.

If it's 3 to 1 and we're getting multipliers to match, there's no feasible way for Hector to score high enough in a multiplier final hour to overtake Ike. 

@TybrosionHey I'm not Lyn's biggest fan either. But she's basically Marth to us westerners, show some respect! 

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

And I've seen rocks that are ten times more interesting than Lyn ever was or will be. If you want to start throwing stones, you'd better be prepared to get some return fire from me.

I've also seen rocks that have 20 times the personality Ike has. Also, non CYL Ike sucks in heroes. CYL Lyn counters his close counter weapon, any blue magic unit will demolish him, and hardy bearing can nerf his vantage set. His CYL version is slow as balls and gets absolutely destroyed by red mages, especially Sanaki.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

I've also seen rocks that have 20 times the personality Ike has. Also, non CYL Ike sucks in heroes. CYL Lyn counters his close counter weapon, any blue magic unit will demolish him, and hardy bearing can nerf his vantage set. His CYL version is slow as balls and gets absolutely destroyed by red mages, especially Sanaki.

You guys must know some interesting rocks. 

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

I would hardly say normal Ike is terrible. He's not as OP as some may have thought, but he's certainly a decent unit who can't even scratch my Robin most of the time (yes, I'm proud of my "low tier" Robin who can annihilate Ike).