Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

If it's 3 to 1 and we're getting multipliers to match, there's no feasible way for Hector to score high enough in a multiplier final hour to overtake Ike. 

@TybrosionHey I'm not Lyn's biggest fan either. But she's basically Marth to us westerners, show some respect! 

A 7.5x multiplier would give Hector like 1.3 billion points unless he starts running out of flags. That's bigger than the advantage Ike is ever expected to get.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

Oops, my bad. Can't do math lol

No problems. Just didn't want ant confusion :)

I used to think getting the character at all for you the bonus points, but they sadly have to be your lead. -.-

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I've also seen rocks that have 20 times the personality Ike has. Also, non CYL Ike sucks in heroes. CYL Lyn counters his close counter weapon, any blue magic unit will demolish him, and hardy bearing can nerf his vantage set. His CYL version is slow as balls and gets absolutely destroyed by red mages, especially Sanaki.

Hold the Ike vs Lyn mud slinging for the final round boys, it's a bit early.

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

No problems. Just didn't want ant confusion :)

I used to think getting the character at all for you the bonus points, but they sadly have to be your lead. -.-

Oh, this is news to me. To be fair, I've only found out recently that you get a bonus for using the unit whose team you're on.

Look at that, we overshot! And by a lot, too. Ike gets the multiplier, and I'm sure he'll hand it right back to us.

Who knows what the prediction chart will look like now.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, I still have plenty of leftover salt from last gauntlet to pass to them if they need more.

I'd be straight up laughing my ass off if Lyn up ends losing. It'd also be extremely cathartic to watch a character I despise get screwed after being forced to watch it happen to one of my absolute favorites.

I see! That's rather understandable then, I guess. :P

WHOA Team Ike wound up with a multiplier! Go go go people! But try not to overshoot. I recommend NOT going full blown 200 flags.

EDIT: ...Wait, honestly, it might be better to go all out here, We give Hector too MANY multipliers and he should lose.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

@Alkaid @Vaximillian I do admit that I am going to far with this, but I feel like Ike supporters are just overhyping him. Not only that, he isn't that good in heroes or Smash bros,

...Dude, what? Ike is amazing in Heroes and is pretty good in Smash (Wii U/3DS).

Edited by Anacybele

@Alkaid @Vaximillian I do admit that I am going to far with this, but I feel like Ike supporters are just overhyping him. Not only that, he isn't that good in heroes or Smash bros,

I'll give you Smash, but why do you think he stinks in Heroes? Most would say he's one of the best Sword infantries.

Aside from the fact that he is a good unit in heroes some people like characters because they like them as characters, not because of how good they are as units. 

2 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Aside from the fact that he is a good unit in heroes some people like characters because they like them as characters, not because of how good they are as units. 

Like Chrom! He's, uh, not that great in Heroes. Poor guy.

12 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

If it's 3 to 1 and we're getting multipliers to match, there's no feasible way for Hector to score high enough in a multiplier final hour to overtake Ike. 

@TybrosionHey I'm not Lyn's biggest fan either. But she's basically Marth to us westerners, show some respect! 

Hey, hey, leave Marth out of this :/

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

He's awful in Smash, hits hard but doesn't have the speed to pull it off. But he's amazing in Heroes, unfortunately. I hate the guy yet I use him quite often due to the hell pit that is the Arena. I do hate how he has suddenly become the 'strongest hero' in canon. Like, why?

And while we're on the topic of Ike's appearance...he's god ugly in RD. Too muscular, his eyes don't fit his face, and he's too...out of proportion. PoR Ike is a bit better, but his eyes are the worst part of him. Brawl did him right, though.

Just now, Hawk King said:

Nice, Hector might have just saved the entire gauntlet by giving Ike the multiplier.

@Anacybele and everyone else on Team Ike, go all out, you have nothing to worry about now.

Ha, I hope you're right! I think I'll throw 200 flags then! But I want to save the rest for the final in case we end up being against Lyn.

The reason why I think Ike is bad is because a lot of counters to him are common. Bulky Lance users walk him and Sharenna is one of those, Blue mages destroy him and Rienhardt is still used even after CYL Lyn and CYL Ike.  Blue dragons counter him easily and the usually run triangle adept. What I'm trying to say is that a lot of counters to Ike are very prevelant in the current Meta.

Dang it, right when we get a multiplier, I began my last match right before it took effect.  I'll get one match in, but won't be able to before it expires.

11 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Hey I'm not Lyn's biggest fan either. But she's basically Marth to us westerners, show some respect! 

Even to us westerners who didn't start with FE7? Yeah, I think not. Also, respect has to be earned and Lyn has done absolutely nothing for me to warrant getting even a once of it.

10 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I've also seen rocks that have 20 times the personality Ike has. Also, non CYL Ike sucks in heroes. CYL Lyn counters his close counter weapon, any blue magic unit will demolish him, and hardy bearing can nerf his vantage set. His CYL version is slow as balls and gets absolutely destroyed by red mages, especially Sanaki.

Vanilla Ike isn't even bad, what the hell are you going on about. He's certainly better than vanilla Lyn and her lack of innate Distant Counter.

Oh, and at least Ike is actually crucial to the plot of his games while Lyn is just a background player at best in FE7's actual plot. Though I suppose we can continue this if they meet up in the finals since it's unnecessary to be going at it right now.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Dang it, right when we get a multiplier, I began my last match right before it took effect.  I'll get one match in, but won't be able to before it expires.

Ack, that's lame. I'll be able to get two matches in during the multiplier though Rezzy, so I'll make sure to win both for both of us!

The chart predicts Hector getting two multipliers after Ike's multiplier here, but that seems strange: it looks like it's predicting Hector's next few multiplier gains to be smaller than the one he just got, which sounds unlikely since they'll be bigger multipliers.

Whelp missed one of the Ike multiplier fights because it was three greens (two Titianas and my TA +RES Soren) vs Ike (why is there even an Ike on team Hector??) :'D Ahhh I'll switch to a blue next time... it's alright! Next time!!

If anyone on Team Ike needs me to switch leaders please let me know!

2 minutes ago, Lau said:

Hey, hey, leave Marth out of this :/

He's awful in Smash, hits hard but doesn't have the speed to pull it off. But he's amazing in Heroes, unfortunately. I hate the guy yet I use him quite often due to the hell pit that is the Arena. I do hate how he has suddenly become the 'strongest hero' in canon. Like, why?

And while we're on the topic of Ike's appearance...he's god ugly in RD. Too muscular, his eyes don't fit his face, and he's too...out of proportion. PoR Ike is a bit better, but his eyes are the worst part of him. Brawl did him right, though.

Don't get me started on the strongest hero thing.

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

The reason why I think Ike is bad is because a lot of counters to him are common. Bulky Lance users walk him and Sharenna is one of those, Blue mages destroy him and Rienhardt is still used even after CYL Lyn and CYL Ike.  Blue dragons counter him easily and the usually run triangle adept. What I'm trying to say is that a lot of counters to Ike are very prevelant in the current Meta.

That just means he's balanced. That's also why Brave Ike and Lucina have horrendous resistance and Lyn is made of rice paper.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Ack, that's lame. I'll be able to get two matches in during the multiplier though Rezzy, so I'll make sure to win both for both of us!

Does anyone know if the multiplier counts if you begin your match before it expires, but finish it afterwards?  I can only hope Hector overshoots again next time he gets the multiplier.  This will be the first time I've actually been around for the multiplier.

Oh, and still no Fred.