Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Is there any benefit to choosing a high-level character in the Gauntlet?  I always go with single-digit leveled characters so that I get paired low, and my friends' donated 40+ units can annihilate them.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

Is there any benefit to choosing a high-level character in the Gauntlet?  I always go with single-digit leveled characters so that I get paired low, and my friends' donated 40+ units can annihilate them.

It seems not. I was using my level 1 Lyn because I wanted to hold off training her until the weekend and I had single digit enemies and a level 40 ally every match. I think they should scale the level of your allies to your own if they don't want people cheesing the mode.

7 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Camilla is now predicted to overshoot and Lyn will then win because of the multiplier!

Holy shit this VG needs to stop playing with my heart.

The Reddit poll currently has Camilla just barely not overshooting.  It could go either way, really.

okay, I'm going to bed two hours later just to support team Ike against this godforsaken multiplier, when I wake don't disappoint me fellow comrades... pretty please... :'(

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

The Reddit poll currently has Camilla just barely not overshooting.  It could go either way, really.

I wonder what would happen if Camilla got a multiplier say, next hour, then Lyn got one, then Camilla got another. I guess Camilla wouldn't be able to overcome the previous Lyn one at that point.

Hope she can pull it off. Double victory of my favorite character in the gauntlet winning and showing the lameness of the multiplier. (bonus salt if Hector actually beats Ike, that might be an even bigger upset)

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I know the formula that the tracker uses to determine scoring during bonus rounds and it has always underestimated. Camilla will very likely overshoot. 

The formula literally just takes the previous bonus score, divides by the multiplier and multiplies it by the predicted multiplier.

Edited by Korath88

19 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I'm doing the same this time, since I had a level 1 Ike. The scoring doesn't care what level the character you use is - just whether or not they're the bonus. (Just make sure you don't set your low level and/or Ike as your friend display character  >.>)

Edited by Tarilaan

19 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

There's only a marginal benefit: HM gains. After all, HM gains are based on the number of enemies on the map, the level of the enemies, and the level of your deployed unit.

16 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I wonder what would happen if Camilla got a multiplier say, next hour, then Lyn got one, then Camilla got another. I guess Camilla wouldn't be able to overcome the previous Lyn one at that point.

This happened with Mist vs. Lissa which had a super long multiplier drought. 7.3 Mist, 7.4 Lissa, 7.5 Mist. Lissa won of course.

Team Hector here, and I feel bad for Team Lyn. If Camilla doesn't overshoot with the multiplier then they're possibly screwed.

But, if Camilla wins then Ike will secure the Gauntlet for sure. 

Just now, MiracleMuffin said:

Team Hector here, and I feel bad for Team Lyn. If Camilla doesn't overshoot with the multiplier then they're possibly screwed.

a day ago we would have said this was free for Lyn

4 minutes ago, MiracleMuffin said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Many from team Lyn might over to team Camilla, jumping one waifu to another.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Many from team Lyn might over to team Camilla, jumping one waifu to another.

There might be lots of people who head to the other side out of spite, too.

Just now, Rezzy said:

There might be lots of people who head to the other side out of spite, too.

Indeed. But we all know the streak of female winners, so it's possible more might go Camilla.

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

If Ike wins his bracket and Camilla hers, I’m joining Camilla not because of waifu factor, but because of Ike.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

If Ike wins his bracket and Camilla hers, I’m joining Camilla not because of waifu factor, but because of Ike.

If Camilla loses I'm tempted to go Lyn, despite I have an Ike but not a Lyn for bonus points. Just tired of all the Ike fanboying/girling for him

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Indeed. But we all know the streak of female winners, so it's possible more might go Camilla.

I think a lot of it would depend on how many people actually know the characters vs which ones would just be, "Female!  Yay!"

It's certainly possible for someone to like both characters, but I don't think there's a lot of overlap between the two, so it's certainly not a given, either.

10 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

@Tybrosion congrats on hitting the top 50! :0

It is only now that it hits me that I'm now ranked high enough to where anyone in Team Ike can now see where I'm ranked. Thank you, though. This kinda just happened while I was using flags to accelerate our catch-up.

16 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

a day ago we would have said this was free for Lyn

Amazing how things change.

12 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

True, but I feel a lot will jump on Ike's team if Camilla wins out of spite. There's also that crowd that doesn't want a 3DS character to win another Gauntlet.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

It is only now that it hits me that I'm now ranked high enough to where anyone in Team Ike can now see where I'm ranked. Thank you, though. This kinda just happened while I was using flags to accelerate our catch-up.

You've done team Ike a service and won glory for yourself in the process. 

Hopefully Camilla overshoots so I can have some points via multiplier and stay on Team Lyn.  I don't particularly like Camilla, but given the choice between her and Ike I will pick Camilla.  I at least like her well enough in Crown of Nibelung, I guess, so there's that.  

Also GO HECTOR I WILL CONTINUE GIVING YOU MORAL SUPPORT.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Ike is down by less than 200 mil now and that's about what he's been gaining hourly! He's gonna get this!

Camilla's got her multiplier, so as long as she doesn't overshoot, she's also headed for the finals.