Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

1 minute ago, ThatOneGalAutumn said:

I kinda find Ike vs Camilla an interesting battle, a character who got 4th on the female's CYL poll who no one expected to get so far vs the most popular character in Fire Emblem by a landslide. I think it'll be a cool climatic ending, although I think Lyn vs Ike would have been just as interesting.

Ike isn't by a landslide. In fact, he got third (adding RD Ike's votes is iffy at best). Even if you do add the votes, he was in the same tier as Lyn and Lucina who all were significantly higher than the ones below them.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Redhead power!

And can somebody tell me why Ike apparently has a hate group too? Like for Camilla, even if I disagree with it, I get there's people that are spiteful at the 3DS games taking over the spotlight for FE, and she's a frontrunner for that, and people that dislike the fanservice. Meanwhile.. what's the problem with Ike? Is he like the 3DS-type hate target for an even older set of players? Or does he actually do something to deserve it? I see some have said he's pretty bland, but you could say that about a vast majority of the lead characters in FE games.

My hatred of Ike comes from a mix of certain members of his fanbase, the fact he has to get the killing blow in RD so if you get an Ike that's stat screwed enough you lose, and the fact his biggest rival has a literal definition of plot armor.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Ike isn't by a landslide. In fact, he got third (adding RD Ike's votes is iffy at best). Even if you do add the votes, he was in the same tier as Lyn and Lucina who all were significantly higher than the ones below them.

I added RD Ike's votes, which makes him a lot higher than Lyn and Lucina's votes. 

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

You can't just not count RD Ike's votes. It doesn't work that way. He's still Ike. But no, he isn't most popular by a landslide. Just a fairly small margin.

Considering that this is the 2nd gauntlet that has the team with the smaller playerbase winning a round, it's practically RNG which team is going to win. The game mode should drop the "Voting" in its name.

Teams lose for having too small of a playerbase.

Now teams lose for doing too well in a round.

Not the fault of Camilla - it's the fault of the developers for making a flawed game mode that only became more flawed as time went on.

21 minutes ago, ThatOneGalAutumn said:

I was on Team Ike ever since Lucina was knocked out, so I'll be going against Camilla, but I would be even if I hadn't picked Ike at this rate. I kinda want revenge over Hinoka's loss to her in the Pegasus vs Wyvern Gauntlet, that, and Ike's my 2nd favorite lord. 

Looks like we're both getting revenge for redheads, although different ones!

8 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@Astellius, @pumpkinspice48, @Tragonight, @Tarilaan

I just sent you all a friend request. Team Ike go!

Accepted!

5 minutes ago, lilacshadows said:

Team Ike hype!

Ike hype!

4 minutes ago, Bankai said:

My hatred of Ike comes from a mix of certain members of his fanbase, the fact he has to get the killing blow in RD so if you get an Ike that's stat screwed enough you lose, and the fact his biggest rival has a literal definition of plot armor.

So for you it's less of Ike himself, and rather the things people put on to him? Interesting.

Edited by Together We Ride

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Wtf Camilla. You were supposed to lose!

now I'm stuck on team Camilla lol...

After Leo, never trust someone to lose when they are supposed to.

1 minute ago, ThatOneGalAutumn said:

I added RD Ike's votes, which makes him a lot higher than Lyn and Lucina's votes. 

Not really. It's only 2K more than Lyn. Do you even math? Besides, adding them together is dubious at best since if someone voted for RD Ike, there's a good chance they voted for PoR Ike.

1 minute ago, Lemmy said:

iffy how?

See above. Not everything is 1 for 1. There are plenty of variables we just don't know and to assume each vote is unique, is ludicrous. 

20 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

All I want to see is Camilla perish for hurting my waifu Hinoka (yes, Hinoka is my Waifu. Don't judge). So team Ike it is. I'll probably be using my CYL Lyn for this and rotating her out with my Julia for quest reasons.

15 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

What if Camilla and Hinoka are both my favorite girls from their respective paths? and I married both

I like all the Fates royals to varying degrees so how do I pick at all between them? :S
I only married one of them though Guess who.

Well I just added a bunch of folks since I'll be jumping onto Team Ike. Grimoire currently has 4star+7 Brave Effie up. Though since we are going against a green maybe I should dump a red or green as my leader instead? I really need to get my Brave Lyn leveled up.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't call you any names? I don't see where I mentioned you specifically and called you any sort of mean name. But I'm sorry if you were offended, that was not my intention.

I'm just saying, calling a group of people "butthurt" isn't probably going to end the best, and isn't very polite.
It's fine. Just be careful of what you say.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Not really. It's only 2K more than Lyn. Do you even math? Besides, adding them together is dubious at best since if someone voted for RD Ike, there's a good chance they voted for PoR Ike.

See above. Not everything is 1 for 1. There are plenty of variables we just don't know and to assume each vote is unique, is ludicrous. 

My memory was wrong then, I just remembered he won overall, and probably got myself mixed up with winning by a lot. Sorry about that. 

Also, you could vote the same character multiple times, so if you voted for Radiant Dawn Ike, you couldn't also vote for Path of Radiance Ike on that same day.

On 9/1/2017 at 7:58 PM, ChibiToastExplosion said:

You realize that Lyn whomped Lucina in the CYL poll.... and like, was the highest voted character (inb4 Ike split).

When counting the 5000ish votes Masked!Lucina got in the CYL poll, Lyn only had about 4% more votes than Lucina.. So while yes, Lyn won that, not exactly a "whomping"

Also the ike split

Just now, ThatOneGalAutumn said:

My memory was wrong then, I just remembered he won overall, and probably got myself mixed up with winning by a lot. Sorry about that. 

Also, you could vote the same character multiple times, so if you voted for Radiant Dawn Ike, you couldn't also vote for Path of Radiance Ike on that same day.

Yes, but you could vote for him the second day and so forth which is why this poll is a hot mess. 

Just now, TheWerdna said:

When counting the 5000ish votes Masked!Lucina got in the CYL poll, Lyn only had about 4% more votes than Lucina.. So while yes, Lyn won that, not exactly a "whomping"

Also the ike split

I have to present the aforementioned double voting issue. Even still, this poll wasn't the most accurately carried out, but some people will jump at any chance to have their precious pre-Awakening characters "proven superior." Never mind Awakening and Fates' higher presence in the top 100.