Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I'm feeling terrible right now. Because these people's behavior is making me feel bad for actually enjoying a gauntlet. I'm not enjoying this just because Ike made it to the final either. I've had fun because of the big pile of feathers I've gotten so far, some of my matchups have been fun (my first battle this round I got the trio of Ike, Titania, and Soren!), and...well, beating Roy was admittedly fun too. :P But I have nothing against any of his good fans or the good fans of other characters in this.

I shouldn't have to feel bad because of these people making my enjoyment look like a fucking huge sin. But I do now, because they're ruining it.

EDIT: @shadowofchaos Wow, that is just utterly despicable.

Edited by Anacybele

Jeez, can't we be good sports.  I don't mind a little teasing here or there, but that is ethically and possibly legal wrong.

I've been getting better unit variety this round.  I've actually gotten 2 Gray (2 Kageros) units already, as well 4 Blues (CYLucina a couple times, Robin, Ephraim), and 2 Greens (Nino, and Minerva, I think).

Team Camilla, I'm sorry if any Ike supporters give you a hard time.  I hope they don't ruin it for you.  I'm disgusted that anybody would do that over something as trivial as this.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I'm feeling terrible right now. Because these people's behavior is making me feel bad for actually enjoying a gauntlet. I'm not enjoying this just because Ike made it to the final either. I've had fun because of the big pile of feathers I've gotten so far, some of my matchups have been fun (my first battle this round I got the trio of Ike, Titania, and Soren!), and...well, beating Roy was admittedly fun too. :P But I have nothing against any of his good fans or the good fans of other characters in this.

I shouldn't have to feel bad because of these people making my enjoyment look like a fucking huge sin. But I do now, because they're ruining it.

Agreed. We should fight with honour, flags and strategy, not insults, hatred and division.

And after all Heroes has done to unite the split fanbase, too...

1 minute ago, The_antithesis said:

Agreed. We should fight with honour, flags and strategy, not insults, hatred and division.

And after all Heroes has done to unite the split fanbase, too...

Heh, you make this sound like we're in an actual war. lol

But I totally agree. Heroes was kind of uniting the fanbase and now...it doesn't feel like that anymore.

Heh, you make this sound like we're in an actual war. lol

But I totally agree. Heroes was kind of uniting the fanbase and now...it doesn't feel like that anymore.

The Choose Your Legends looked good, but because of this gauntlet it's a basic civil war. The fan base is cracking too...

While I don't intend to spread negativity...

I kind of expected the ugly face of the fandom to show up during this celebration.

It's like the elephant in the room.

Everyone knows about *that* side of the fandom. We just move on from it normally since most of them are the vocal minority.

It's when people start dragging in people's REAL LIVES into this when it becomes really screwed up.

Just now, InigoPadalin said:

The Choose Your Legends looked good, but because of this gauntlet it's a basic civil war. The fan base is cracking too...

Yeah. But I can't blame it entirely on the fans. It's still mostly their fault, but IS should take a little blame too, for pandering so much to the 3DS titles and leaving the older ones in the dust too much, and making such controversial characters like Camilla. The fanbase divide started with all this, after all. Heroes just made it worse.

Yeah. But I can't blame it entirely on the fans. It's still mostly their fault, but IS should take a little blame too, for pandering so much to the 3DS titles and leaving the older ones in the dust too much, and making such controversial characters like Camilla. The fanbase divide started with all this, after all. Heroes just made it worse.

Fandoms do that.

Regardless of what IS would have done.

Look at Sonic.

15 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Leaking someone's personal info or address onto the internet is a bit on the screwed up side for a Fire Emblem character in a mobile game I'd say.

That's terribly fucked up, while the Gauntlet definitely needs work doing something like that is not justified by any means. You can't ruin someone's life like that over something so minor, it's just a game, that's all it should be.

I think a good way to 'neutralize' the fan base would be to add an even amount of characters from every game. Like adding Lex and Azel when Leo and Frederick came out. It is both IS and the fanbase combined that caused this, tbh. 

4 minutes ago, InigoPadalin said:

I think a good way to 'neutralize' the fan base would be to add an even amount of characters from every game. Like adding Lex and Azel when Leo and Frederick came out. It is both IS and the fanbase combined that caused this, tbh. 

While this toxicity would be mitigated... Remember that those kinds of characters aren't exactly as profitable taking up room for focuses.

Gacha game character slots for banners are akin to the scarcity of supermarket shelf space. Incumbents dominate simply due to consumer habits.

Public relations isn't IS's highest priority.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I thought I would wake up to finally see people calm down after Camilla won.

I was wrong.

12 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Fandoms do that.

Look at Sonic.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that fandom at all? I know who Sonic is of course, but since I've never played his games or anything...

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

I thought I would wake up to finally see people calm down after Camilla won.

I was wrong.

Well, at least they have calmed down here. Twitter's a whole other story apparently. (and I think reddit literaly made a containment thread for "lyn salt" earlier as well, like c'mon..)

I don't hate Camilla at all - I'm more indifferent to her when I'm more passionate about other characters like Lyn and Cordelia.

What I'm more mad about is the current Voting Gauntlet system. It wasn't a big deal the first time in the Battle on the Beach gauntlet since it was a first occurrence and was believed to be a fluke. Plus, it was on the males' side of the bracket, where it was less hotly contested, and the score gap was narrow. This time, it happened on the females' side of the bracket and it was of much higher profile, featuring Lyn and Camilla with Lyn having a significantly larger playerbase than Camilla. Team Lyn basically got punished hard for doing well in terms of players supporting Lyn since Camilla got a late-round multiplier that allowed her to have a significant lead.

And the multipliers still suck as they show up at potentially (read: often) inconvenient times and it makes individual effort have much less value if the individual can't catch those multipliers. A potential band-aid for this would be to introduce a list of rewards a player can grab based on their cumulative score (not based on ranking) similar to how the Tempest Trials has rewards based on cumulative score separate from rank.

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that fandom at all? I know who Sonic is of course, but since I've never played his games or anything...

You think Fire Emblem's fandom is toxic?  I guess you could say it's like Fire Emblem's fandom, but somehow even worse.

Also with more low-quality OCs.  Lots and lots of them.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

You think Fire Emblem's fandom is toxic?  I guess you could say it's like Fire Emblem's fandom, but even more toxic.

Also with more low-quality OCs.  Lots and lots of them.

I admit I do see Sonic OCs on DA a lot. Some have decent designs though, imo.

15 minutes ago, InigoPadalin said:

I hope you really mean add them and not replace. :P I'd be so sad if Freddy were to be replaced...

Just now, Anacybele said:

I admit I do see Sonic OCs on DA a lot. Some have decent designs though, imo.

I hope you really mean add them and not replace. :P I'd be so sad if Freddy were to be replaced...

Lol. I mean to add them. Everyone knows you love Frederick XD

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Well, at least they have calmed down here. Twitter's a whole other story apparently. (and I think reddit literaly made a containment thread for "lyn salt" earlier as well, like c'mon..)

Yeah I was referring to twitter. The whole dox situation is pretty sickening.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I don't hate Camilla at all - I'm more indifferent to her when I'm more passionate about other characters like Lyn and Cordelia.

What I'm more mad about is the current Voting Gauntlet system. It wasn't a big deal the first time in the Battle on the Beach gauntlet since it was a first occurrence and was believed to be a fluke. Plus, it was on the males' side of the bracket, where it was less hotly contested, and the score gap was narrow. This time, it happened on the females' side of the bracket and it was of much higher profile, featuring Lyn and Camilla with Lyn having a significantly larger playerbase than Camilla. Team Lyn basically got punished hard for doing well in terms of players supporting Lyn since Camilla got a late-round multiplier that allowed her to have a significant lead.

And the multipliers still suck as they show up at potentially (read: often) inconvenient times and it makes individual effort have much less value if the individual can't catch those multipliers. A potential band-aid for this would be to introduce a list of rewards a player can grab based on their cumulative score (not based on ranking) similar to how the Tempest Trials has rewards based on cumulative score separate from rank.

Leo v Gaius wasn't even close in terms of numbers.  Gaius had like 60% of what Leo had.  Just less people were affected, and lots of people don't care about unfair mechanics unless it affects them.  @Tybrosion and myself got a lot of flak for pointing out the flaws of the multiplier system, but many people either didn't care or claimed it made things "interesting".

22 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Fandoms do that.

Look at Sonic.

VERY true when Mania came people love it then after it created toxicity that wasn't intended from the creators that's causing insults, bashing, threats and name calling from classic fans to the modern fans that's hype for Forces. IS is pretty much in this position as well especially with people doing these acts trying to ruin someone's life....

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

I know this is a very rare chance, but I would love to have IS listen to their fans and create a create your own banner poll. You basically suggest the units on the banner, there skills and weapons. Then, all of banners will be displayed as a sort of voting thing. The highest voted banner on jp and global would be added into the game with. This could be a way for older fans to get there favorite units to shine.