Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

16 minutes ago, a bear said:

At last, I can stop setting my alarm for random sleep hours and telling Mrs. Bear that it's just someone from work texting me.

Mrs. Bear: who's on your phone?

Mr. Bear: Nothing dear! It's just someone from work!

Mrs. Bear: .... you're cheating on me aren't you

Mr. Bear: No! I would never!

Mrs. Bear: It's one of those fricking grizzlies eh?

I want a divorce 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Anyone else surprised that Ike is going to win?  Path of Radiance came out almost a decade before the 3ds games, and Radiant Dawn did not sell well.  Also, anyone who would like to play the aforementioned games will have to part with ~$100.

No. Smash Bros gave him tons of extra exposure. I'm sure there's a lot of people playing Heroes that may not have played his games, but did like him from Smash. (I'm among them, his games are indeed too expensive for me to go back and buy)

Edited by Alkaid

2 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Anyone else surprised that Ike is going to win?  Path of Radiance came out almost a decade before the 3ds games, and Radiant Dawn did not sell well.  Also, anyone who would like to play the aforementioned games will have to part with ~$100.

I'm guessing Smash has a fair amount to do with that.

He's always been insanely popular in the FE fandom even without that, to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Not at all, remember he was only up against one 3DS male and is a very popular character even given the amount of time.  Plus, Camilla was far from the most popular character on the girl side.  She needed the multiplier to get into the finals.  I think Ike went into the finals the clear favorite.

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I'm fairly confident this is the first time my initially chosen team wasn't at least a semifinalist.

Eirika, Subaki, Leo, Elise, Leo (again), and now Roy... yeah, this is the first time.

Ah. I've lost in the first round a few times, I think.

1 minute ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Still not over Summer Tiki losing to S! Robin in the first round...

I'm still sad that Freddy lost to Gaius when he came SO close to beating him...

But Ike winning here sure makes up for it, I would say! He's our first male gauntlet champion and a great pick for that honor!

EDIT: Ephraim vs Chrom was a semifinal match...

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, kcirrot said:

I lost in the first round in the Chrom v. Ephraim match.  Still the best match in the short history of this game.

I thought that was the second round match, since I'm pretty sure I went for Leo first and then moved on to Ephraim.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm still sad that Freddy lost to Gaius when he came SO close to beating him...

But Ike winning here sure makes up for it, I would say! He's our first male gauntlet champion and a great pick for that honor!

EDIT: Ephraim vs Chrom was a semifinal match...

TFW...

Why is Gaius even in this game?  He starts in a terrible class and is outperformed by Anna.  "Muh candy" pretty much sums him up for me.

Just now, Charmeleonbrah said:

TFW...

Why is Gaius even in this game?  He starts in a terrible class and is outperformed by Anna.  "Muh candy" pretty much sums him up for me.

Gaius is somehow popular. That's why.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Lyn’s loss allowed Ike to win.

Ike might have still won.

56 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It wouldn't have been impossible for Ike to beat Lyn, but it might've been rather unlikely.

Ike had the highest first round votes, so it would really depend on where Hector and Camilla's fans went, not even considering the multiplier.

9 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Ike has Smash, and there's always dubious ways to play the older games, plus lots of people just like Ike for his personality.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Ike has Smash, and there's always dubious ways to play the older games, plus lots of people just like Ike for his personality.

Yeah, my first exposure to Ike was Brawl, but I didn't totally fall in love with him until I played his games. :P

15 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I remember when I bought both the GameCube and Wii solely so I could play both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn as they came out respectively.  To date they have left the strongest impression on me for what constitutes a well made Fire Emblem game.

Edit:  Unrelated, but I didn't have any flags for Camillas 2 hours of multipliers, and dropped from rank 500 to 7000.  Ah well....

Edited by KatarinaCS1

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, my first exposure to Ike was Brawl, but I didn't totally fall in love with him until I played his games. :P

Quite the contrary to me. All this hype, and he turned out to be very underwhelming.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Do we have any predictions for how things are going to end? 

Ike will win.

So it ended up going Ike in the end, huh? Not unexpected, but immensely unfortunate to be certain. Oh well, I guess we're just justifying the awful Lord status quo to IS now, so that's awful. Oh well.

8 minutes ago, Ether said:

So it ended up going Ike in the end, huh? Not unexpected, but immensely unfortunate to be certain. Oh well, I guess we're just justifying the awful Lord status quo to IS now, so that's awful. Oh well.

Well, from what I'm seeing Camilla is still in the lead, although the distance is closing. So... I still think Camilla is going to lose. Otherwise the FEH community will explode with "the boob-lady wins again, this time with with much more BS".

Just now, Kruggov said:

Well, from what I'm seeing Camilla is still in the lead, although the distance is closing. So... I still think Camilla is going to lose. Otherwise the FEH community will explode with "the boob-lady wins again, this time with with much more BS".

Ike is gaining more per hour than Camilla, so Ike will overtake in the coming hours, but not enough to give her another multiplier.

31 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

Well that would explain it.  Just for comparison, I'm ranged 8,028 with a score of 1,676,610.  I'm guessing you've missed every multiplier round for your team?

Yep, every single one.

28 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Seriously? That's like nothing.

While talking about score, 1,286,660 is good for rank #317 on Team Camilla. and Rank #1865 overall

I can't believe it, like why the fuck.

37 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Like others have said, he has Smash, even then it's mostly just due to memes, and then a majority of actual FE fans think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

27 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

TFW...

Gaius has as much right as anyone to be in Heroes. Why wouldn't he be? He's a FE character, that's all anyone needs to get into the game.

This is disappointing...like, I knew it would happen, but that's TWICE now that Ike has beaten my favourites...three times if we count the fact that during the CYL poll, his RD appearance pushed Marth out of the top five...ah well. Congratulations Team Ike. Yippee.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

Where are you getting 800% from? 1 Billion is 200% of his average and 750 million is only 150% of his average.

Wrong tab, oops. That said, Team Ike has been averaging 450 million per hour, meaning 1 billion is an increase of 122% and not 100%, and 750 million is an increase of 67% and not 50%.

In terms of an actually competitive round, Team Elise had a last-hour peak of 46% over average, and Team Priscilla had a last-hour peak of 58% over average.

Looking at the sustained boost from the last few hours instead of just the last-hour peak, Team Elise averaged only 20% above average for hours 40 through 43, and Team Priscilla averaged 22% above average for hours 40 through 43. (Hours 44 and 45 constitute the final peak, and hours 34 through 39 were a lull.)

Sustaining 67% over the current average for 10 hours would actually boost the average up by a noticeable amount. Taking this into account, at 67% boost in the last 10 hours over the average of the first 35 hours is a boost of 45% over the final average.

Which is still double the 4-hour sustained boost that Team Elise or Team Priscilla managed on the score plateau leading up to the final peak. There is simply no way Team Ike will be able to sustain 45% over the final average for 10 whole hours and certainly not 91% over the final average (equivalent to 122% over the average of the first 39 hours) for 6 hours.