Summoning Focus: Brave Heroes!

Vaximillian

Who will be you free pick hero?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be you free pick hero?

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

But does that mean I'll have better luck pulling for Lyn or should just use my free summon for her?

There are fewer grey heroes than red heroes, but there are more useful inheritance fodder among the red heroes than among the grey heroes.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There are fewer grey heroes than red heroes, but there are more useful inheritance fodder among the red heroes than among the grey heroes.

But I'm not trying to get Roy even I want Roy as much want Ike.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

But does that mean I'll have better luck pulling for Lyn or should just use my free summon for her?

From a sheer numbers standpoint, there's roughly 31 other colorless heroes (I THINK Clarisse was the only GHB).  Compare that to 24 green (for Ike), and 31ish for blue (Lucina). . .and no I'm not counting reds, there's a ton of them.  However, blue has a chance at several other amazing units (Azura, Rein, Linde, Ephraim).  If your goal is to collect them all, I think it would be best odds-wise to pick Roy, and fish for the rest.  However, you'll miss out on some good SI.

I, for one, don't think I'll be quite that lucky, so I'm gonna grab Lyn and let the rest sort itself out.

According to my spreadsheet, these are the numbers of the normal summonable units (no seasonal units but including Sacred Stones units):

43 reds
32 blues
23 greens
31 blues

So, if you add one to each of those numbers to account for the CYL heroes, red has by far more normally summonable people than any other color. And green has the least. Since I want Roy, by a numbers stand point red might be the best choice for me to make. Also, I am seeking several colorless units, so it's not a bad venture for me at least.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

From a sheer numbers standpoint, there's roughly 31 other colorless heroes (I THINK Clarisse was the only GHB).  Compare that to 24 green (for Ike), and 31ish for blue (Lucina). . .and no I'm not counting reds, there's a ton of them.  However, blue has a chance at several other amazing units (Azura, Rein, Linde, Ephraim).  If your goal is to collect them all, I think it would be best odds-wise to pick Roy, and fish for the rest.  However, you'll miss out on some good SI.

I, for one, don't think I'll be quite that lucky, so I'm gonna grab Lyn and let the rest sort itself out.

AAAARRRGGGHHH BUT Lucy is my favorite waifu character/lord but I'm might get some good skills along the way but at the same time I might not ever get like I did the Spring Festival.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

AAAARRRGGGHHH BUT Lucy is my favorite waifu character/lord but I'm might get some good skills along the way but at the same time I might not ever get like I did the Spring Festival.

When in doubt, grab your favorite unit.  If someone like Stefan had been in this mix, I'd take him, no matter what the other units offered.

I'm definitely going to get Lyn for free. She's the diversity my horse emblem desires. :3 I'm kind of interested in Lucina as a buffbot. I wonder just how effective running both her and Ephraim/Eirika on a blade tome team would work. Spurs + Hone Buffs Hmm... I think I like Ike's art the best of the three. I think I like it even better than normal Ike art. I'll wait and see what the other stats are like before I bother pulling for anyone else.

6 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Which isn't very different from getting a unit first and trying your luck after.

Incorrect.

If heads gets you an ice cream and tails gets you a candy bar, you really wanted both, and you get one freebie of your choice and one that you have to flip a coin for, it is advantageous to flip first and use your freebie second rather than the reverse.

41 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

It depends on what units/SI you want from each category. Colorless is definitely a mixed bag. As much as I want Death Blow fodder (Klein), I have most of the others I want and rolling on it (without the express need to get a focus character) probably won't be worth it. I'm going to choose Lyn for my freebee and save Lucina and the others for potentially better SI in Red/Blue/Green.

It's possible, also, that you'll be able to use your free pick AFTER you roll on the banner, so you could roll on Blue/Colorless (and whatever else you fancy) and then pick a hero you didn't get after you run out of orbs.

Edited by NekoKnight

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...I just saw this pointed out on Reddit, but... would the free pick count for an F2P clear of one of the Hero Battles? On one hand... free, but on the other... pick one...

Not that I’m an authority, but I wouldn’t count it. You can’t be assumed to pick the exact same unit the clearer uses, you know.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Not that I’m an authority, but I wouldn’t count it. You can’t be assumed to pick the exact same unit the clearer uses, you know.

I figured, but with the whole Brave Bow/Reinhardt stuff for Valter...

"What do you mean, you didn't pick Lyn?"

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I figured, but with the whole Brave Bow/Reinhardt stuff for Valter...

"What do you mean, you didn't pick Lyn?"

Just use Hector Reinhardt Bridal Cordelia CYL Lyn!

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Just use Hector Reinhardt Bridal Cordelia CYL Lyn!

If it weren't for Bridal Cordelia, that would be a perfect change in the snobby elitism.

"What, you didn't reroll for Hector?"

"What, you didn't spend the piddly 20,000 feathers to promote that 4* Reinhardt you could easily have gotten?"

"What, you didn't pick the obviously OP Lyn as your free summon?"

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Incorrect.

If heads gets you an ice cream and tails gets you a candy bar, you really wanted both, and you get one freebie of your choice and one that you have to flip a coin for, it is advantageous to flip first and use your freebie second rather than the reverse.

I don't see how.

You get your prefered choice either way and an equal chance at your second prefered choice in both scenarios. 

Edited by Vince777

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I don't see how.

You get your prefered choice either way and an equal chance at your second prefered choice in both scenarios. 

This is incorrect, choose first can get you stuck with candy bar + candy bar or ice cream + ice cream. Choose second and you can guarantee that you get candy bar + ice cream.

I think I'll grab Lyn as my free unit, just so I finally have at least one version of her. After that, I'll try to get Ike, but at least I have the regular version of him already.

All of them look pretty good, although I'm still not sure how good of a unit Roy will turn out to be. Guess we'll find out, and I'm not planning to pull for him anyway.

Edited by Bartozio

The only scenario in which this would be possible is if you were to draw 5 orbs of the same colour as the one you first picked. 

Otherwise, any other colour ensures you won't pull a combination of two candy bars.

Edited by Vince777

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

The only scenario in which this would be possible is if you were to draw 5 orbs of the same colour as the one you first picked. 

Otherwise, any other colour ensures, you won't pull a combination of two candy bars.

In the actual scenario, it is most efficient to pull both colors (because the orb discount makes a slight, but big enough difference) until you get one of the two characters you're looking for, then pick the one you didn't get first as your freebie.

In this scenario, we're not pulling until we get a unit though. We're just using the one free pull.

If we pull until we get one of both units, of course you'd be right.

Edit: Never did Silent Shifter mention the free pull. He just said he wish he could summon first and I thought it meant the free summon. Perhaps it didn't.

Edited by Vince777

Gonna pick Ike. Lyn is tempting and a litrblade killer but Ikw can deal with all the bullshit braveweapons and desperation and reinhardt all in one. eith distant counter

but i will pull for both anyway!

Edited by Hilda