Serious moments in video games, movies, shows e.t.c. that were hilarious to you

Flee Fleet!

What the title says. 

Write it in spoilers, if you want to. Don't write about moments that are supposed to be funny. Anyways, I'll begin:

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma:

Spoiler

All the three teams' execution is funny as hell, especially Q team's. I guess it's because of the expressions they make, and the way they panic and move.

A lot of the serious moments in the anime Last exile.

I think the biggest things are the gunfight in the first episode- WHY do soldiers walk out onto gangplanks, stand in a straight line, and shoot at each other, when the ship's HAVE external cannons! I know they're trying to push some kind of late 1700s "honorable warfare" and show needless loss of life, but it's just so stupid from a logical perspective that I can't help but laugh every time.

And then there's the point where the countries form an alliance to fight the badguys, the badguys crash the ceremony, but instead of bothering to attack them there and then, they use their airship to drop rose petals on them. JUST STUPID. Yes, it's supposed to show their arrogance and how little of a threat they see the protag countries are, but it's just so surreal.

I think the last thing I want to mention is that one of the badguys executes someone by having them nailed to a cross, and then somehow manages to get strangled by said prisoner multiple hours after he's been on the cross. JUST DON"T WALK UP TO IT. I'm pretty sure if they saw a bulldog chained up they would stick their face up to edge of the dog's leash.  And this is supposed to be a dramatic moment where a character trades his life to kill his nemesis. 

In film, there is Lady Kaede's death in Ran. It serves its purpose, especially with the nihlistic tone of that movie. I can't quite get around the visual effect though. The blood spurt on the wall and the way the shot is cut makes it look like Kurogane literally kills her with a super powered backhand.  You can see that he used a short sword when he walks out of the room, but my first viewing ruined the scene for me.

As for videogames- in Ogre Battle 64, there's the scene where Rhade executes the commoner. Yeah it's tragic, but Rhade is way too campy in the official translation. "There is absolutely no need to listen to their bitching" followed by cartoonish logic about the burden of the upper class (while beating a man tied up). It's an unbalanced way to start off a game about class conflict for its first three chapters.

Also in Ogre Battle 64, I like Richard's willingness to see his family name carried on at all costs, but Destin being so ungrateful kind of undercuts him. Like the scene where Destin learns of Richard's death feels like Destin is mocking his brother for wasting his effort. Maybe there is supposed to be the nuance that Richard's high standards and lack of outward displays of love,etc are what created the Destin we see during the game to be the way he is, but it comes off as Richard just never noticing that the person he goes to all that work for is spoiled rotten. And RIchard is my favorite villian in nearly all his other interactions. 

Edited by Reality

Every serious moment in FFX made me laugh. Mainly due to the shotty VA work and the game a pile of trash didn't help it either. Every MMX game after 3 made me laugh cuz they suck. Any love scene that is super forced makes me cry on the inside cuz it's too good to not laugh at. All of Ride to Hell:Retribution is hilariously bad. 

The best example I have is from Full-Metal Alchemist Brotherhood...

Spoiler

When Roy Mustang kills Lust, the irony of the voice actors being Travis Willingham and Laura Bailey makes it extremely hard not to be amusing, for those of you who don't know, in real life they are husband and wife. Roy X Lust is cannon! (also Lon'qu X Lucina, Guile X Chun Li, and Knuckles X Blaze)

Usually any time characters drop a f bomb. I don't know why I find it amusing,

More specifically in Xenoblade Chronicles

When Fiora's first revealed at Face Nemesis. Shulk's "FIORAAAAAA" is hilarious to me.

Edited by Wolfpack

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has a lot of these moments, because a lot of the serious moments have been turned into memes.

Spoiler

I watched Battle Tendency (Part 2) dubbed and i was able to take Ceaser's death seriously. But then, i saw that scene in the Japanese dub and the "SHIZAAAAAA" was hilarious and i can't take it seriously anymore. Doesn't help that "SHIZAAAAA" has been turned into a meme. Here's an example.

Literally anything Dio does has been turned into a meme. Dio himself is a meme. Killing Jonathan's father and rejecting his humanity becoming a vampire. It is now a meme. Trying to crush Jotaro with a "ROADA ROLLA DA" steamroller? It is now a meme. Or how about the scene where Dio steals Jonathan's girlfriend? Yep, that was the start of the "You were expecting___but it was I, Dio!" meme. 

How about in Stardust Crusaders when Avdol dies for real? That is meme is called "Magician's Dead", a pun based off his Stand, Magician's Red.

In Diamond is Unbreakable, when Kira dies by getting run over by the ambulance, yep, that's a meme too.

In Vento Auero, King Crimson is a very deadly Stand, yet, because it's so fucking confusing as to how it actually works, the meme with that is "it just works" which honestly, that meme applies to most of JoJo.

Spoiler

i don't remember what it was called, but the ending where everyone ended up dying (?) was really funny to me. i mean, i was both horrified and terrified at first, but then june's death scene was so horribly written (+ the fact that i despised her character) that i started laughing and it wasn't really scary to me any more

Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan):

Spoiler

In the latest issue (which iirc, is 21, as of now), it's just hilarious how Discord, after having his mask removed by Kamala right at the moment he is about to kill her, he decides to sit down with her and explain his reasoning as to why he joined the bad guys, instead of killing her right there and then. Which is stupid, because why stop just because your face got revealed.