NA Release Date Revealed + Special Edition! Available Oct. 20th!

Anacybele

Woohoo!

The Special Edition doesn't appear to be available to preorder just yet, but yay, we're getting it at the same time as Europe instead of later! :D I'll edit this post with any preorder links I find in the future!

Sorry to those who were hoping for that dragonstone from the Japanese one tho...

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is definitely awesome news - I'm a sucker for cards way more than a dragonstone.

I'm guessing no word on a 3DS SE, which sucks even if it makes sense.

On one hand I should feel worried that we only see Marth on that poster, but on the other hand, 25 cards sounds pretty nice if it's 1/character.

Thank you for sharing this!

Yeah, Marth being on that poster by his lonesome for SD is kind of a bummer. But 25 character art cards means at least 25 playable characters, I'm pretty sure, so he'll have some company in-game at least, I would say!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Marth being on that poster by his lonesome for SD is kind of a bummer. But 25 character art cards means at least 25 playable characters, I'm pretty sure, so he'll have some company in-game at least, I would say!

Well, no Tiki at this point would definitely be interesting, lol.

Just weird to me to have a poster that's only accurate to this exact point in the promotional cycle... they couldn't advertise it otherwise, but why leave out most of the cast? A poster with the full cast would be pretty boss.

Just now, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Well, no Tiki at this point would definitely be interesting, lol.

Just weird to me to have a poster that's only accurate to this exact point in the promotional cycle... they couldn't advertise it otherwise, but why leave out most of the cast? A poster with the full cast would be pretty boss.

Well, they probably don't want to reveal the full cast before release and want to leave some surprises for us to find when we buy the game.

Hoping 25 cards doesnt mean only 25 characters on the roster. For them constantly calling it "massive" its kind of underwhelming. That means there is only 8 slots left to fill, and we still have SD to go. My guess is 6 SD characters, and then Ike and Roy for the final 2 slots if this is the final roster size. Still a bit dissapointing though, especially considering Fates got only the royal characters and that was it.

Now all I need to do is get this and a Switch, I may break down and buy a Switch at Walmart since they are the only store to have them in stock when I look.  I will preorder the SE in person from GameStop since that has been the best way for me to get SEs in the past.  I really hope Minerva and Kaze are in the game.

I wonder if they'll be more than 25 characters. If there is 25, they're still keeping their promise of having more characters than any other first entry of a Dynasty Warriors crossover spin-off (although the Hyrule Warriors DLC, updates, and 3DS version did supas it at 29, but I'm sure this game will get DLC, both paid and free in the future)

18 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

That poster was probably edited to not show unnanounced characters. They don't want to repeat what happened with Lissa and Robin.

The first thing I did was zoom in to see if the poster contained any leaks. Damn, I was hoping they'd slip up on that one.

23 minutes ago, KaSlider said:

That poster was probably edited to not show unnanounced characters. They don't want to repeat what happened with Lissa and Robin.

At the same time, it's blowing up in other places. Again.

Their PR sucks. Like... really bad.

They shoot themselves in the foot time and again.

I have faith in their game... but man, they create expectation in the wrong direction. Just like what they promised when FE:If was announced way back when.

It doesn't matter what it actually is. But what it appears as and how the fandom will take it.

And right now, they're making it look like Marth is the only Shadow Dragon character.

They did what FFXIV 1.0 never did: Hang their defenders out to dry.

Edited by shadowofchaos

29 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Hoping 25 cards doesnt mean only 25 characters on the roster. For them constantly calling it "massive" its kind of underwhelming. That means there is only 8 slots left to fill, and we still have SD to go. My guess is 6 SD characters, and then Ike and Roy for the final 2 slots if this is the final roster size. Still a bit dissapointing though, especially considering Fates got only the royal characters and that was it.

25 is still a fair bit bigger than Warriors Crossover rosters tend to be at least.

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

I don't think they forgot. More that it's not the version they want you to get.

it was a sarcastic comment

i do not actually think a video game company actually forgot about a video game they were making

i just think it's kinda ridiculous that the game comes out in less than two months (or 1 if you're in japan) and we've still seen literally none of that version

and now they've announced a special edition and release date for the switch version without any mention of that one

at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it just got cancelled or something

really think they should do something to remind us that that version does exist

Just now, Glennstavos said:

This and Odyssey within a week of each other. How to find the time and money for both...

I'm incredibly glad I'm not the only one.

Money isn't the issue, but MH stories and EO5 were my games of the year, so FE Warriors has some very, very stiff competition. It's only a good problem to have!

10 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Yeah, can't say it's been handled very well. Our fanbase is impossible to please, but at this point you have to think they are trying to piss people off.

Like... I can't wrap my head around what the PR people were thinking. At all.

They knew it was a heated topic.

43 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I highly doubt Ike and Roy are getting in the base game. I think it's time to let that and accept that they won't be here.

As for the poster, didn't it say it was duel sided? Could the others not just be on the other side? Okay, on a second look, yeah it was probably just edited.

Edited by Arthur97

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I highly doubt Ike and Roy are getting in the base game. I think it's time to let that and accept that they won't be here.

We can still hope until there's confirmation that they're not there. You're not Koei.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I highly doubt Ike and Roy are getting in the base game. I think it's time to let that go and accept that they won't be here.

We can hope. We are allowed to hope. We allowed you to hope and argue for Lucina, and while they aren't in the featured game pool they are certainly as possible as her, and also in Smash.

I'm not saying it's likely. But I'm allowed to hope. We are allowed to hope damnit, you, you, negative nancy.

Just now, ChibiToastExplosion said:

We can hope. We are allowed to hope. We allowed you to hope and argue for Lucina, and while they aren't in the featured game pool they are certainly as possible as her, and also in Smash.

I'm not saying it's likely. But I'm allowed to hope. We are allowed to hope damnit, you, you, negative nancy.

At least my arguments had some base since Awakening was included. At this point, Ike and Roy are looking borderline impossible.