Grand Hero Battle: Narcian - Now with Abyssal

Raven

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Beaten Abyssal Narcian on first try. Golden "Marth" mask is now mine.
image0.png

+1 Summer Corrin (Blarblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Iote's Shield, S-rank ally support with New Years Azura)
+Spd/-Atk New Years Azura (+Spd Hagoita+, Moonbow, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Flier Formation 3 seal, S-rank ally support with Summer Corrin)
+Def/-Spd Elincia (Reposition, Moonbow, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers)
+Atk/-Spd Cherche (eff. Cherche's Axe, Reposition, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers)

Out of curiosity, are there any Units that cheese this? I don't have fully finished Askrtrio so Hilda's strategy is out, and I can't seem to even beat Infernal, those Panic Ploys keep screwing me over at the last second.

23 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Out of curiosity, are there any Units that cheese this? I don't have fully finished Askrtrio so Hilda's strategy is out, and I can't seem to even beat Infernal, those Panic Ploys keep screwing me over at the last second.

Built flier teams. Don't even have to be merged. Basically, if you've got a 5* Cherche with Hit and Run and some Reposition buddies, she can chew straight through most of the enemy line-up. The red sword infantry is probably the one thing that will give her major trouble. Seriously, though, the AI is super bad at dealing with the terrain and a flying team hopping back and forth across the mountains makes them completely impotent.

24 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Legendary Ike does really well if you can provide him the proper support, he only has to watch out for the blue mage cavalry. You'd also want to bring one of the following:

• A hardy flier (green or colorless) who can bait the enemies into moving out though, definitely needing Iote's Shield. I used Legendary Robin with a good dose of defensive support to ensure she wouldn't get too messed up.
  • A hardy blue unit who can withstand ranged attacks, placed in ranged of the infantry sword guy. Fjorm is a good example.

Watch out for ploy skills, which 3 of the enemies are packing in order to mess you up if you try to choke off the path on the left.

This map is a bit too easy and the way to solo it with Eirika isn't all that entertaining (basically have someone with Chill Atk to avoid dying during turn 1 and then retreat to kill the enemy one by one). Meh...I'll leave it like this for now, I may record it later down the line but right now I don't really feel like doing it.

7 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

This map is a bit too easy and the way to solo it with Eirika isn't all that entertaining (basically have someone with Chill Atk to avoid dying during turn 1 and then retreat to kill the enemy one by one). Meh...I'll leave it like this for now, I may record it later down the line but right now I don't really feel like doing it.

Same here, no fun to be had.

Somehow beat abyssal Narcian on my own. It took me a few tries to rearrange seals and positioning (and one time where for some reason Azura got repositioned into the enemy -- not cool). That cancel affinity archer was a massive pain, I took TA3 off Lyon but it didn't really help all that much, but I guess in the final run it didn't matter too much. Sword Reinhardt did almost everything, including taking a massive shot to the face from the archer.

Didn't even bother making a serious recording because this was so easy with no changes to my usual team. F!Grima laughed at this map before and she does now; she tanked and counterkilled every single enemy except for the Sword Fighter (who did almost nothing to her anyway, I just blew up him with B!Ninian's Blarblade to speed things up).

Abyssal Narcian in one turn: 

First time with a GF singer ( @Zeo @mcsilas)! Narcian was more difficult than I thought. Elincia couldn't have one DEF less or one ATK more (no summoner S), otherwise she would have died from his Vengeance. Even if she somehow would have survived, Narcian would  die after 3 hits = not procc'ing GF. Elincia needed Summoner A for the added bulk, but also to double Narcian without SPD altering A- and S-skills. I need Steady Blow fodder. 

Cordelia would have been able to kill the Sword Fighter also with LnD3 instead of TA3, but the Archers die too fast.

@LordFrigid My clear ended up similar to yours, but mine has got more GF. ;-) That refined Zanbato was preventing other options (i.e. Oscar & Roy). 

Now only Abyssal Ursula and Xander missing. 

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoid

Nice! Azura’s looking good with that Galeforce kit! Nice use of Nowi, Grimoire and Hone Fliers really came in handy there.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

My clear ended up similar to yours, but mine has got more GF. ;-)

They do more often than not, don’t they? Especially ones like Infernal Ursula =P .

30 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

They do more often than not, don’t they? Especially ones like Infernal Ursula =P .

True, also infernal Robin. 

That reminds me I have to wait until Thursday to clear Ursula. No idea why those maps aren't permanent. 

31 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice! Azura’s looking good with that Galeforce kit!

I also gave her Brave+, but she killed the Cav too fast with it. I'm in need of Sothes, don't want to spend 20k everytime I need LnD3. 

@mampfoid Clears like this are a testament to just how far you've come, even to how good the game can be to us sometimes. Even if you foddered S!Tana you still have a red tome flier to use Not that she did much of anything.You made this look effortless even if your calculations had to be on point. Though I must admit, seeing NY!Azura use Galeforce and then refresh herself only to refresh someone else was a treat to watch. I need to catch up on your clears.

EDIT: I notice you have sound now also, congratulations!

@Fei Mao @mcsilas @Alexmender @Johann @Junkhead @eclipse @Ginko @Hilda @SatsumaFSoysoy @Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents- @silveraura25 @LordFrigid @Glennstavos @Rezzy

Tagging everyone that saw the original clear and a few people that watch the newer ones. I know this was one of the easier Abyssal maps, but beating a map of this difficulty with my team was still a big achievement. This one took a bit of time for me to figure out. The key was Vantage on Matt and Draw Back on Ayra if you can believe it. Sure Matt led the way, but he couldn't have done it without his team. Every single stat point was just as crucial as the action taken by each unit.

I'm not going to stress myself out with these maps. They aren't going anywhere so I'm going to take things at my own pace. I'll get around to the others sooner or later, though I can't make team comp promises. When you've got maps with inflated stats like these, anything goes. But enough banter. Enjoy the ride as always.

And with that, Abyssal's put to bed. 

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Though I must admit, seeing NY!Azura use Galeforce and then refresh herself only to refresh someone else was a treat to watch

I was looking forward to have a GF dancer and NY!Azura is just the perfect candidate. She'll be back! 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

EDIT: I notice you have sound now also, congratulations!

Ha thanks! It's a little bit awkward, because the video quality suffers, but in the end it's worth to get the emulator running. Can't record videos on travel anymore though. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

I'm not going to stress myself out with these maps. They aren't going anywhere so I'm going to take things at my own pace. I'll get around to the others sooner or later, though I can't make team comp promises. When you've got maps with inflated stats like these, anything goes. But enough banter. Enjoy the ride as always.

I think that's the best way to approach these maps. I also left out Narcian, Xander and Ursula on their first Abyssal week, but there is no hurry.

Matthew arrived to a new level of tankyness, surviving that initial onslaught was awesome! First I was confused why you wouldn't let Inigo tank some stuff as well, but all those close survivals were worth it.

Not to speak of having a Gronnraven-mage among them, whom Matthew survived only barely in the end. 

Cool stuff, congrats!