Grand Hero Battle: Narcian - Now with Abyssal

Raven

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ugh this is driving me nuts. 
I upgraded some seals and i gave Olivia Hone Speed, and Fjorm Distant Defense 2, but she keeps dying. i keep getting taken out by the bowknight. 
Ethlyn has Rehabilitate but it's not healing her fully to survive the hit. but she needs that (and not Physic Plus).ugh i can figure this out but it's so annoying.

Just beat Abyssal using a strategy similar to this one~

I was using S!Innes instead of Narcian and Nowi instead of Fjorm but Innes was otherwise useless in the battle besides baiting the Green Cav and Archer up while Lyn and Nowi took out the other enemies. We could get to the last Archer but he'd always kill Nowi on the last turn because she could only live one hit~

So remembering I have a flying healer, I swapped Innes for H!Mia who could still bait out the two enemies at the top and heal Nowi before she had to face the last Archer. She has Guard so she stopped his Reprisal and she and Lyn could finish him off in the last turn

10 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

ugh this is driving me nuts. 
I upgraded some seals and i gave Olivia Hone Speed, and Fjorm Distant Defense 2, but she keeps dying. i keep getting taken out by the bowknight. 
Ethlyn has Rehabilitate but it's not healing her fully to survive the hit. but she needs that (and not Physic Plus).ugh i can figure this out but it's so annoying.

You doing Infernal or Abyssal?

14 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Just beat Abyssal using a strategy similar to this one~

I was using S!Innes instead of Narcian and Nowi instead of Fjorm but Innes was otherwise useless in the battle besides baiting the Green Cav and Archer up while Lyn and Nowi took out the other enemies. We could get to the last Archer but he'd always kill Nowi on the last turn because she could only live one hit~

So remembering I have a flying healer, I swapped Innes for H!Mia who could still bait out the two enemies at the top and heal Nowi before she had to face the last Archer. She has Guard so she stopped his Reprisal and she and Lyn could finish him off in the last turn

You doing Infernal or Abyssal?

Infernal - but i just got it.  YAY!!
you know i could probably do this Abysmal (WHY DID I FODDER OFF MY NEUTRAL OLIVIA?! :'( ) 
i don't have any reposition foddder though. (wait. i did get another Barst. maayybeeee). i wonder how important reposition is with this .

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

Infernal - but i just got it.  YAY!!
you know i could probably do this Abysmal (WHY DID I FODDER OFF MY NEUTRAL OLIVIA?! :'( ) 
i don't have any reposition foddder though. (wait. i did get another Barst. maayybeeee). i wonder how important reposition is with this .

Great! I think any dancer will do, or at least they should. I used Silvia and all she needs to do is tank one hit from the Green Cav, but if you follow this guide exactly, I don't think she takes a hit at all so you should be good with any Dancer.

And you unfortunatley do need the Reposition here. I wasn't even paying attention at first, my B!Lyn has always used it but yeah, you will be needing it to get your dancer out of the way on the first couple of turns~

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Great! I think any dancer will do, or at least they should. I used Silvia and all she needs to do is tank one hit from the Green Cav, but if you follow this guide exactly, I don't think she takes a hit at all so you should be good with any Dancer.

And you unfortunatley do need the Reposition here. I wasn't even paying attention at first, my B!Lyn has always used it but yeah, you will be needing it to get your dancer out of the way on the first couple of turns~

yah. i never get Barsts. :( only stupid Bartre.
either him and selena would be godsends right now so many units need reposition. 
though i just realised it was only for the gold mask. i'm good lol

23 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

yah. i never get Barsts. :( only stupid Bartre.
either him and selena would be godsends right now so many units need reposition. 
though i just realised it was only for the gold mask. i'm good lol

IKR, why do I get the Abyssal for the accessory I don't even use the normal version for, SMH

Sorry to double post but after doing Abyssal earlier, I cleared Narcian's Flying, and Horse Emblem Quests earlier and I was reaally happy with the Calvary Quest since it took a lot of tries to get right~

So, as usual when I struggle, I go to PheonixMaster's guide and build a team similar to the F2P ones he suggests (which was Eliwood, Ursula, Cecilia, and Gunter). The biggest issue was I had to literally recreate Ursula for this one, which involved foddering her off to give Catria Rising Thunder (wish I'd had an extra Reinhardt >_>) 

The reason Catria had Heavy Blade was to charge up her Special. In PM's guide, Ursula charges it on Narcian because Eliwood doesn't kill him but Siegbert is just a bit too stronk and I needed it charged up to take out the line of Horses because none of my units can one-shot any of them without it.

Funnily (and it took me a while to figure this out), I did this several times and sometimes forget which enemy horse Lyn and Catria kill. I can go in either order but if Catria kills the blue tome, she'll take too much damage. This means she won't activate her Huginn's Egg -Def drop on the last archer and Siebert won't KO him (Lyn or Catria can right after him though, so it's not a big deal but I felt he deserved that last kill after surviving that last hit (HP Boon coming through).

Oh and if you're wondering why Marth is only 4 Stars, well I have many regrets about not having much time for his TT............ >_____>

Cheesy Flier emblem clear;  blade tome witchy nowi at +6/+6/+6/+6 opened with a  clean kill on Narcian, then got out of dodge with some NY Azura singing + reposition shenanigans. After that the rest was just making the remaining ground forces run back-and-forth down the pass on the left side of the map, by flying north over the mountain when they charge south and back down south again when they charge north. Picking them off one-by-one while the AI runs in circles. (Witchy nowi drops into desperation range after baiting and killing the green mage cav, and can then safely double the bow knight on player phase without getting arrowed). Not the most creative or exciting strat, but it works.

Edited by Shoblongoo

• 1 month later...

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Baldrick @Nanima @Landmaster @Azuris @SatsumaFSoysoy @ruruo @daisy jane @DLNarshen

Old Matthew Clears:

Spoiler

This is nothing new, I've gotten used to my team working in perfect harmony. What I'm not used to however, is my leader's doing almost nothing. Morgan was almost completely on the bench this time around. Sometimes clears like this are refreshing. Takes me back to the Saias clear where Matt did nearly nothing. It's funny how long ago that feels now, but anyways, clears like that keep things fresh I suppose. Narcian fell rather easily. Morgan put in a bit of extra work near the end, but I didn't actually need him, just wanted to stretch his legs. Let's go.

It happened so fast that I figured another 15 minutes to do a special clear couldn't hurt. The only thing was figuring out a green unit to safely ferry Lillina after she nukes the swordsman. Cecillia was sketchy and then I realized I was finally given the opportunity to build my Fae (who's a FE6 unit!) who's been waiting for the longest with her +DEF/-HP nature. All she needed was QR from a Subaki which I just happened to pull a short while ago. It was a sign it seemed. Even still I kinda wish I'd been able to show her off more, but I wanted to use Roy at least once since this will probably be the last FE6 clear he'll be featured in (the next one will be the final clear, for which he likely will be absent). Narcian falls like the rest. 

Only Navarre and Camus remain. I can hear the bells ringing. We've got just a bit more to go.

I was wondering if Sharena and friends could beat more GHB's after they beated Xander. I did't have get very far with Zephiel and Linus, but Narcian and Camus did fall to my new team. The enemy really suffers that you can easily choke the narrow road towards your party.

On 12/25/2018 at 12:38 AM, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Baldrick @Nanima @Landmaster @Azuris @SatsumaFSoysoy @ruruo @daisy jane @DLNarshen

Old Matthew Clears:

Hide contents

This is nothing new, I've gotten used to my team working in perfect harmony. What I'm not used to however, is my leader's doing almost nothing. Morgan was almost completely on the bench this time around. Sometimes clears like this are refreshing. Takes me back to the Saias clear where Matt did nearly nothing. It's funny how long ago that feels now, but anyways, clears like that keep things fresh I suppose. Narcian fell rather easily. Morgan put in a bit of extra work near the end, but I didn't actually need him, just wanted to stretch his legs. Let's go.

It happened so fast that I figured another 15 minutes to do a special clear couldn't hurt. The only thing was figuring out a green unit to safely ferry Lillina after she nukes the swordsman. Cecillia was sketchy and then I realized I was finally given the opportunity to build my Fae (who's a FE6 unit!) who's been waiting for the longest with her +DEF/-HP nature. All she needed was QR from a Subaki which I just happened to pull a short while ago. It was a sign it seemed. Even still I kinda wish I'd been able to show her off more, but I wanted to use Roy at least once since this will probably be the last FE6 clear he'll be featured in (the next one will be the final clear, for which he likely will be absent). Narcian falls like the rest. 

Only Navarre and Camus remain. I can hear the bells ringing. We've got just a bit more to go.

Original Matthew clear was a standard Matthew solo, he again gets through without much need for the others to do much but support him. Abyssal got a little more challenging, even getting brought down to 1 HP at a point~ He only needs a little help from Ayra and Inigo even gets a close call at a point. After that he cleans up on his own without much issue~

Then we have Ninian’s clear, a lot of close calls here for much of the team, who it was nice to see take so much control of the battle for once without really needing Morgan, though it was nice of him to come to their rescue at the end.

The theme clear surprised me because damn, I didn’t know Liliana was that good (I knew she was good but wasn’t expecting her to do as much as she did). She and Fae run through this map. (Oh and I thought it was funny when Roy said “worried?” and Clarine answers with “yes”). Roy was there to easily shoot down Narcian at the end, Clarine don’t even need to do anything (when I saw her, I thought it might have had some close calls but they managed it pretty effortlessly)~ Really cool clear~

On 12/25/2018 at 4:55 AM, Sasori said:

I was wondering if Sharena and friends could beat more GHB's after they beated Xander. I did't have get very far with Zephiel and Linus, but Narcian and Camus did fall to my new team. The enemy really suffers that you can easily choke the narrow road towards your party.

Raigh and Sharena aren't seen often so this was cool~ Sharena survived a lot of close calls for this one, nice to see her in action~

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Raigh and Sharena aren't seen often so this was cool~ Sharena survived a lot of close calls for this one, nice to see her in action~

Glad you enjoyed it. You will probably see the two again in the future since I already recorded this team beating Navarre, Legion and Robin too. Just need to find a little time to upload them.

@Zeo Love the FE6 clear, I forgot we have a good range of units for a theme clear like this. Lilina sure wrecks things with a breaker and Warding Breath is such a prefect additon to Fae!  Nice to see some brave Roy use as well and Clarine isn't someone common that I see.

Also great use of the tight spacing on the first clear! Morgan was just itching to do something near the end!

@Zeo

Nice of the team to give Morgan some rest after all the attacks he took in some of the other clears, and having him command the team to victory.

Lilina can really dish out some damage for such an old unit and Fae can enemy phase pretty well, the other two barely got anything to do.

Good job.

• 1 month later...

@mcsilas, @Nanima, @Robert of Normandy, @Usana, @Zeo, @mampfoid, @Azuris, @Alkaid

I don't know why I woke up this morning and said. "hey you know what. Let's try to do an Abyssal map." 
I wanted to try with a team - that is gonna tackle the LHB's this month/next month - but the mountains were proving to be a challenge. thus - per usual - we were going w/FlySquad. The issue was, who does what - while Myrrrh can eat the world, she was having a LOT of issues with this one (making me think she 100 percent needs QR3.). i probably could have used Cherche (and might try later see what happens), but i was determined to use this version of FlySquad. 

Today's Squadron:
Trusty Bridal Ninian: +spd/-hp, and still A slot less (I need more Roys for Triangle Adapt, I'm thinking that's clearly the right choice, if not DB3)
NY!Gunnthra - I wanted to use someone - not Elincia (though i think elincia would have made things a bit easier too) - at +hp/-res (her +spd merge hasn't happened yet)
Myrrhbaby at +2  (and working with Summoners Support) - +def
and. Flying Sakura +atk/-def.  - who put in a lot of work in. (I love gravity on her). 

Enjoy!!

Yes, the layout of this map can be annoying to non fliers, especially cav who can barely manoeuvre in this tight space.

But that is why we love fliers to just easily move around and pass the problems with terrain right back to the enemy. You had a lot of patience here, always looking for the right spot to attack, but it did pay off, as the opponents didn't get a single chance to attack themselves. It's also really cute how Myrrh had Iote's Shield but you still didn't take the easy way, to have her just get hit, but went out of the way to guarantee your precious Myrrh wouldn't need to take a hit.

Nice clear, well done!

@daisy jane Congrats on your Abyssal clear! It's great to see how far your and your fliers have come. Really nice to see you be so careful with positioning and making sure everyone was unhurt. Everyone put in a lot of work and you can be rightfull proud of them.

@daisy jane Nice job on the Abyssal! Flier Emblem is great for a map like this, nice use of Gravity kiting around. Flying healers are awesome. Gunnthra's debuff was also satisfying to see.

As for Ninian's A slot, you can put give her a simple Spd+3 (or even Fury 3) in the meantime if you just wanna filler skills. The more chance of avoiding doubles and surviving, the better.

Edited by mcsilas

19 hours ago, Nanima said:

@daisy jane Congrats on your Abyssal clear! It's great to see how far your and your fliers have come. Really nice to see you be so careful with positioning and making sure everyone was unhurt. Everyone put in a lot of work and you can be rightfull proud of them.

the thing was i thought i could bait the arrows, but something kept happening and Myrrh kept getting killed by either Narcian (or the arrows) hence the constant, chip, fly, chip, attack procedure. (I feel when my permanent fly squad is done - they will be more able to take hits, and i can be a bit more aggressive). - though I don't mind this way too because it also helps me learn AI movement, whom chases who, etc (though if i REMEMBER is a different story). 

since Sakura did most of the work, she gets to pretend she's Marth :D 

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@daisy jane Nice job on the Abyssal! Flier Emblem is great for a map like this, nice use of Gravity kiting around. Flying healers are awesome. Gunnthra's debuff was also satisfying to see.

As for Ninian's A slot, you can put give her a simple Spd+3 (or even Fury 3) in the meantime if you just wanna filler skills. The more chance of avoiding doubles and surviving, the better.

thanks! :) they really are. Sakura makes it up (a LOT) that i don't have Mia. i have a feeling that a flying healer will become permanent soon, RIP my orbs if that's possible (though just like SY Tiki if i had to vote one in permanently, Sakura would win). 

NInian is already +spd, so i was thinking atk +3 to help her atk (she can't hit anything harder than a pillow). 
it's a running joke - i LOATHE Fury 3 lol but it could help). 
It drives me nuts that i missed out on Hrid's sweet hone atk 4 (LAzura would looveee that)

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@daisy jane Didn't see this one yet. Nice baiting, well done (I usually don't have the patience for stuff like this). Narcian's minions didn't know how to reach you and they made the big mistake to split up. Sakura teared them apart piece by piece. Congrats! 

thanks mampf :)
(I know. you are the one round OHKO :D )

• 5 months later...

I see that Narcian still hasn't changed his ways of chasing after healers. 

This one was pretty close. The blue mage cavalier deals exactly 3 damage to Felicia after her combat with the bow cavalier so I had PA!Azura equip Drive Res instead of her usual Drive Spd.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi