Grand Hero Battle: Narcian - Now with Abyssal

Raven

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Cav and Flier missions so far. Flier was easy with the mage girls, but I had to change some skills on the cavs (Goad on Reinhardt to avoid Panic on Cecilia, QR seal on Cecilia, Drive Def seal on Elise and Spur Res seal on Reinhardt to let Cecilia survive the Archer and the blue Cav). DC Sigurd took care of Narcian and the green Cav. 

Flier and Horse Emblem was a breeze (Divine Tyrfing is invincible!).

Infantry took 2 stamina pots because I was playing with the DD3 seal to see who used it better during the first turn and turns out that Nowi with Fury 3 and Noontime was the winner, then it was a matter of retreating and healing Nowi while she slowly killed the blue mage and the archer (Narcian died on the second turn). Eirika killed the green mage and the infantry archer afterwards.

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Flier and Horse Emblem was a breeze (Divine Tyrfing is invincible!).

For me it was infantry and Horse Emblem. Then I tried Flier and I'm pretty sure Valter exploded within the first turn.

Yeah, Narcian's quests were the easiest ones yet I still found ways to screw up a time or two mind, but that's to be expected at this point

Teams
Infantry: Klein, Fjorm, Lyon, PA!Azura; the only flub I had here was forgetting that Fjorm doesn't have Reposition and thus needed to bring a dancer
Cavalry: Leo, L'Arachel, Cecilia, BH!Roy; complete with Roy offing Narcian himself
Flying: ToD!Nowi, NS!Corrin (F), SF!Camilla, Hinoka; done in one try
Armored: ToD!Henry, WE!Tharja, Black Knight, Effie

My infantry team is just Nowi.

Cavalry is Elise, Reinhardt, Xander, Frederick.  Reinhardt took the sword and Frederick got him out of there, later he took the blue mage.  Xander with TA2 and Bowbreaker took the rest with healing from Elise.

Flier is Witch Nowi, Myrrh, Summer Corrin, Valter.  Myrrh with DC baited and killed one of the archers and the blue mage.  Nowi took Narcian and the green mage.  Then I just had them kite around the remaining enemies getting hits in a retreating into the mountains in fear of the remaining archer, this one was a lot of fun for fliers.

Armor is Amelia, Black Knight, Effie, Henry.  Effie tanked everything on the first turn and took out the sword on my turn, bring repositioned by Amelia and healed by Black Knight Reciprocal Aid.  Amelia with DC and green tomebreaker took the mages and Black Knight took Narcian.

Edited by Nowi's Husband

These quests are shaping up to be a little less rage inducing. XD Yesterday was a dark time. RIP my stamina potions. 

Fliers: Summer Corrin (-blade build), NY Azura, Cordelia, Caeda - I'm just beating a dead horse at this point literally, Wing Sword is awesome.
Cavalry: Brave Roy, Cecilia, Reinhardt, Xander - That Panic Ploy screwed me up a few times. He kept KOing my Cecilia, and I couldn't figure out why. She survives his attack if she doesn't get ployed. 
Armor: Black Knight, Effie, Hector, Amelia - Don't have Lyn trained up yet, but at the very least this quest didn't drive me absolutely insane. XD
Infantry: Raven, Joshua, Mae, and Merric 

It's always very satisfying completing all of these quests. Hopefully I can keep it up these next few days without fizzling out. I'm ready for the TT so I can stock up on stamina potions again. XD

Once again, while everyone else says its a breeze, I'm here having nothing but issues...

How exactly is horse emblem easy? I simply cannot do any sort of baiting! I've tried Camus, I've tried Sigurd. Nothing ever works for me! I can't use buffs because I get panic ploy'd. All I have then is Goad. There's challenging, and there's simply impossible because of my lack of skill. Who needs orbs anyway when I'm not even summoning right now...

1 minute ago, sdgj1994 said:

Once again, while everyone else says its a breeze, I'm here having nothing but issues...

How exactly is horse emblem easy? I simply cannot do any sort of baiting! I've tried Camus, I've tried Sigurd. Nothing ever works for me! I can't use buffs because I get panic ploy'd. All I have then is Goad. There's challenging, and there's simply impossible because of my lack of skill. Who needs orbs anyway when I'm not even summoning right now...

You can always look up phoenixmaster on youtube and watch him breeze through Infernal with F2P units with little-to-no inheritance or passives.

1 minute ago, MilodicMellodi said:

You can always look up phoenixmaster on youtube and watch him breeze through Infernal with F2P units with little-to-no inheritance or passives.

I do watch his videos and most of the time they help. But sometimes the AI moves differently because I have different IVs and it ruins the strategy.

I have cleared Narcian infernal already, and have done the flier elite quest; seasonal mage fliers and the freedom of movement definitely helped there. I was just trying to do the others. I was hoping to see if PM1 did anything for Xander's Infernal map but aside from the themed battle I dont think there is anything yet. At least Xander returns every Sunday now.

10 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

For my baiting, I used Reinhardt to ride up and kill the swordie and repositioned him out of the way with my Triangle Adept, Gronnraven Cecilia. She survives the Panic Ploy bow user if she has zero buffs, but mine fails to KO it. After that, it's just a matter of experimenting with positioning. You can use a sword unit to bait Narcian which eliminates him. I had to do a lot of retreating to get into a place where I was safe to pick everyone else off. I certainly didn't think it was easy at all, but it was way better than my attempts at armor emblem yesterday. @__@

Finally cracked it open with Flier Emblem. Armor Emblem is still a brick wall for me. With Amelia, Hector, Zelgius/Black Knight and Effie, I can only rely on two DC's for range, and I need to bait them out with Effie because otherwise I die. Would've been nice with some magical damage and range.

@mcsilas @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian @eclipse @DefaultBeep @Ginko @Johann @mampfoid @Fei Mao @Rezzy @Hilda @SatsumaFSoysoy

These GHBs really love clustering enemies together don't they? Based Matthew also laughs at the game's attempts to counter him, you'll see what I mean.

• Infantry: Hero team, Easy. 3 tries.
  • Cavalry: Rein/Camus/Cecillia/Eliwood. I actually had to switch things around and bring in Eliwood from the bench with his Ward Cavalry. He did a bit of tanking himself and took 1 damage from Narcian when he had 2 HP and killed him. Was pretty neat. Took about one stamina potion if that. 
  • Fliers: Hinoka/NY!Camilla/S!Corrin/Cherche. Taking out Narcian was easy. After that it was basically a game of cat and mouse and baiting. Was pretty funny seeing the horses race back and forth going after the fliers while they camped safely in the mountains. I picked them off one by one. Took 2 or 3 tries, nothing major. It was actually a refreshingly different type of game for a while. Very fun.
  • Armor: BK/Hector/ToD!Henry/Effie Was a bit tricky. Took about one stamina potion. When I realized Effie had enough HP not to be Panic Ploy'd, it was just a matter of having her tank the inital attack and slowly baiting out and killing everyone else after. BK killed the green mage cav, ToD!Henry killed the sword infantry, Hector cleaned up the rest and actually killed Narcian himself.

Next.

Edited by Zeo

Ah man. Cavalry was as difficult as Xander for me. The same applied to armor. Just now I finished them with a few tries. I spent a lot of stamina potion doing them this morning, but to no avail. At least cooling off is what led me to my victory.

Edited by silveraura25

After like 20 failed tries of trying to do stuff with mounted units I decided to switch to Flier Emblem since two peggies got draw back. NY Camilla (with delphi shield seal) poked the archer to make everyone moving. Tana and Cordelia drew Camilla and NY Azura back to a safe spot. After that I had to wait till Narcian doesn't cover the attack range of one of the mage knights to let Camilla kill him. Then I "fooled" the enemy a little bit by separating their group. Camilla could take out the green mage knight, Cordelia the blue one and Tana + Azura the bow knight.

Edited by 豊聡耳 神子

Cleared Narcian quests. All quests but Flier Emblem took multiple attempts.

Infantry:
Fjorm (Reposition, Quick Riposte 3 seal)
+Def/-Res Mist (Imbue)
+2 Bride Cordelia (Brave Bow+, Life and Death 3, Atk +3)
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia (Wings of Mercy 3)

Cavalry:
5*+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (usual build w/ Goad Cavalry)
5* +Atk/-Def Cecilia (Reposition, Draconic Aura, Triangle Adept 3, Bowbreaker 3, Fortify Cavalry, Distant Defense 3)
5*+3 Xander (Swap, Ignis, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Hone Cavalry)
+4 +Spd/-Def Brave Lyn (Firesweep build w/ Goad Cavalry)

Flier:
+Def/-Spd Elincia (Reposition, Luna, Hit and Run, Goad Fliers)
Summer Corrin (A-rank ally support w/ NY Azura, Blarblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Iote's Shield)
+Spd/-Atk NY Azura (A-rank ally support w/ Summer Corrin, Spur Spd 1)
5* +Atk/-Spd Cherche (Brave Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers)

Armored:
+2 +Atk/-HP LA Lyn (+Def Blarowl+, Swap, Iceberg, Close Counter, Quick Riposte 3 seal)
5*+1 Black Knight (Swap, Quick Riposte 2, Ward Armor, Fortify Res 1)
5*+1 +HP/-Def Sheena (Swap, Ward Armor, Spur Atk 1)
+Spd/-Def ToD Henry (Gronnraven+, Swap, Glacies, Triangle Adept 3, Bowbreaker 3)

I've only attempted the Infantry quest so far, and with some difficulty cleared it with A!Tiki, PA!Azura, Nino, and Lyon.  Lyon was only there to provide another layer of Drive Res to Tiki so she could survive the second green mage.  Narcian is now +6 =)

Part of me was hoping they would have added a Lunatic mode to this (as well as Robin's), and Normal modes to the rest.  The extra copies would have been nice, especially if these are the only ones we'll be getting over the course of the year.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian @eclipse @DefaultBeep @Ginko @Johann @mampfoid @Fei Mao @Rezzy @Hilda @SatsumaFSoysoy

These GHBs really love clustering enemies together don't they? Based Matthew also laughs at the game's attempts to counter him, you'll see what I mean.

• Infantry: Hero team, Easy. 3 tries.
  • Cavalry: Rein/Camus/Cecillia/Eliwood. I actually had to switch things around and bring in Eliwood from the bench with his Ward Cavalry. He did a bit of tanking himself and took 1 damage from Narcian when he had 2 HP and killed him. Was pretty neat. Took about one stamina potion if that. 
  • Fliers: Hinoka/NY!Camilla/S!Corrin/Cherche. Taking out Narcian was easy. After that it was basically a game of cat and mouse and baiting. Was pretty funny seeing the horses race back and forth going after the fliers while they camped safely in the mountains. I picked them off one by one. Took 2 or 3 tries, nothing major. It was actually a refreshingly different type of game for a while. Very fun.
  • Armor: BK/Hector/ToD!Henry/Effie Was a bit tricky. Took about one stamina potion. When I realized Effie had enough HP not to be Panic Ploy'd, it was just a matter of having her tank the inital attack and slowly baiting out and killing everyone else after. BK killed the green mage cav, ToD!Henry killed the sword infantry, Hector cleaned up the rest and actually killed Narcian himself.

Next.

Cool, I managed to beat all of them with these...

Infantry: Ike, Soren, Micaiah, Axzura.  It's surprising how well this team has been handling the Infernal GHBs

Cavalry: Titania, Ursula, Xander, Elise.  Not too bad, did it on the first try.

Armor: Lyn, Hector, Zelgius, Jakob.  This is the one that gave me the most trouble.  Lack of mobility at the choke point took a lot of planning and skill/seal shuffling.

Flier: SCorrin, Hinoka, Camilla, Elincia.  Not too bad, took a couple tries to get the positioning down.

One recurring annoying thing is having enemies with 70HP with Panic Ploy.  It's not too bad for Cavalry and Fliers since they have more positioning freedom, but it kills Hone and Fortify for Infantry and Armors.

Took a few tries of changing seals and team members around, but I got there for cavalry:

Sigurd, Reinhardt, CYL Lyn, Cecilia. 

I feel like Reinhardt and Sigurd are going to be staples for these quests xD

Currently working on it for infantry. I know I have all the right units. I just have to find the right ones and use them. Same with armour emblem. I can't imagine the red and blue tomes are so urgently important I can't do it with nearly all the other armours in the game at my disposal... 

Flier Emblem may still struggle. I'll probably wait for someone to bring out a guide for this one with budget units, but who knows? I might try it properly myself.