The 25 character theory: DEBUNKED

Jedi

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I also really want Basilio. Plus he could supplement his axe attacks with bowfire, which would be a really cool combination nobody else has.

Oooh, how could I forget about that big brown Feroxi arse? Basilio would be great!

But yeah, I don't think the roster will be 25. I just don't think that they'd give the roster size away so easily.

I think it could be one card for every character on the poster? Assuming all the royals from Fates are on the poster (besides Azura for some odd reason) and they have 6 SD characters, each above one of the 6 Awakening characters, then it's 9 + 6 + 6 which would be 21. Add the two OC's and that's 23. Then the last two could go to Male Corrin and Female Robin maybe? Or one card with both gender swaps and the second goes to Azura?

With Elise's reveal, I have no doubt that Sakura will also be joining the Warriors roster. Azura is still a solid bet due to the English VA hinting at her inclusion in an interview.

My updated list removes the villains from the "25 playable character roster" to make room for actual player characters. Then, for the sake of consistency, F!Robin takes up a slot as a confirmed character while Y!Tiki and M!Corrin is moved to the speculation list. Darios, a Warriors OC, is moved to speculation as he has never been properly confirmed or seen in gameplay. I have also removed the NPC category and replaced it with the Antagonist one. Detailed reasoning can be found in the spoiler after the list.

In short, I believe that the "25 character theory" will apply to "hero characters" of Fire Emblem Warriors. Villains may be made available as free DLC shortly after launch. Characters outside of Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates will be made available via DLC, much like Hyrule Warriors. 

Blue = Confirmed
Red = Speculation

[3] Warriors: Rowan, Liana, Darios
[5] Archanea: Marth, Caeda, Draug, Gordin, Y!Tiki
[7] Awakening: Chrom, M!Robin, F!Robin Frederick, Lissa, Lucina, Cordelia
[11] Fates:
== Nohr: Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise
== Hoshido: Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura
== Revelations: F!Corrin, M!Corrin, Azura

Bonus Characters: Jagen, Tharja
Antagonists: Primary Antagonist, Secondary Antagonist, Gharnef, Grima

Confirmed: 18
Speculation: 8
Sire's Total: 26 (24 if M!Corrin & F!Robin are not counted)

Spoiler

Darios - He has been seen in various Warriors promotional material, and considering his close relationship to Rowan and Liana, I highly suspect he will be playable. However, if anyone is to be cut from the "25 character theory" at this point in time, it would be Darios. He can serve as an NPC or as an antagonist.

Caeda - Serves as Marth's love interest and can serve as a Sword Pegasus to round out the Flying Weapon Triangle. (Camilla = Axes, Hinoka & Cordelia = Lances)

Draug - There has been word going around that Armors are in the game. As Warriors tends to stick to the "starting" rosters like the Fates Royals and Chrom's Shepherds, I suspect the Altean Knights will serve as the primary source for Shadow Dragon characters. As Draug is an Altean Knight and an actual hero in the Knight class, I suspect his inclusion.

Gordin - I don't think Takumi will be the only playable Archer, and while I would personally prefer Jeorge or Virion (especially Virion since his hypothetical inclusion may hint at Cherche's inclusion), Gordin of the Altean Knights is a good candidate for an another archer. Also, he has that whole "boyish look" going for him which may be popular among some audiences.

Young!Tiki - This has been speculation ever since her amiibo was announced, so I dare say Y!Tiki being playable is guaranteed. Now, whether she is in the base game or an amiibo bonus remains unknown.

Sakura - Elise made it in, so it is foolhardy to count out Sakura. Besides, not including her would upset the balance between Hoshido and Nohr, and we can't have that!

M!Corrin - While M!Corrin is somewhat unpopular compared to his female counterpart, since M!Robin has F!Robin, I strongly suspect F!Corrin to have M!Corrin. It would be rather illogical to only have one full "avatar set" and not the other.

Azura - She plays a heavy role in Fates, and even if the main confrontation in Warriors is between Hoshido and Nohr, I suspect Azura will have a part to play in quelling the hostilities and having both sides work together. She may also be soft-confirmed due to a "slip-up" from her English VA.

Jagen - I place Jagen (and by extension, Tharja) as Bonus Characters in the event F!Robin and M!Corrin do not take up a character slot. Jagen is here to fulfill the role as Lance Cavalry, and he can continue to serve as Marth's advisor even in Warriors. While I would have highly prefered Camus to be present, I find Jagen to be the more likely candidate since he is part of the Altean Knights and the fact Villains are not getting any of the spotlight.

Tharja - A popular character, Tharja can serve as the "dark magic" spellcaster. While Cordelia's inclusion is easy to see (the Pegasus Knights of Ylisse, even though Sumia is already part of the Shepherds), I am unsure how Tharja will become playable story wise. Perhaps one of Tharja's hexes goes awry and somehow ends up in the Warriors world, or Gangrel will end up being an Awakening antagonist.

Edited by Sire

I think that, while the game will probably have around that roster size, the cards aren't going to reflect that. Speaking from experience with other special additions, cards like these are just usually concept/special art rather than being character focused; I wouldn't be surprised if some characters didn't appear on them at all.

As for who the remaining roster slots will go to, we have at least three roster slots eliminated by Tiki, Azura and Tharja who are all but confirmed to be in, so that leaves ~5 slots for whatever Shadow Dragon characters they add assuming SD gets even that many, which all signs point to no.

Edited by AzureSen

16 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

I think that, while the game will probably have around that roster size, the cards aren't going to reflect that. Speaking from experience with other special additions, cards like these are just usually concept/special art rather than being character focused; I wouldn't be surprised if some characters didn't appear on them at all.

As for who the remaining roster slots will go to, we have at least three roster slots eliminated by Tiki, Azura and Tharja who are all but confirmed to be in, so that leaves ~5 slots for whatever Shadow Dragon characters they add assuming SD gets even that many, which all signs point to no.

The poster art looks entirely symmetrical-- 8 Awakening characters (counting F!Robin and Tharja), 10 Fates characters (all the siblings, F!Corrin, and Azura), and 6 Shadow Dragon characters + the Twins makes for 26 characters (25 if you ignore F!Robin). TMS of all things gave more priority to SD than Awakening-- I don't think the Japanese market would let them get away with only 2 characters from it.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

The poster art looks entirely symmetrical-- 8 Awakening characters (counting F!Robin and Tharja), 10 Fates characters (all the siblings, F!Corrin, and Azura), and 6 Shadow Dragon characters + the Twins makes for 26 characters (25 if you ignore F!Robin). TMS of all things gave more priority to SD than Awakening-- I don't think the Japanese market would let them get away with only 2 characters from it.

The poster won't be symmetrical anyway, because unless they add another Awakening character Tharja will make seven since the Robins share a slot on it.

I didn't mean to imply that SD would only get two characters, because I don't think they will even if the more cynical part of my brain says that might be the case. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they only get four in comparison to Awakening's seven or eight and Fates' ten. (Of course, this is operating under the still faulty assumption that 25 is the hard cap on the roster, and that all playable characters will show up on the poster.)

13 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

The poster won't be symmetrical anyway, because unless they add another Awakening character Tharja will make seven since the Robins share a slot on it.

I didn't mean to imply that SD would only get two characters, because I don't think they will even if the more cynical part of my brain says that might be the case. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they only get four in comparison to Awakening's seven or eight and Fates' ten. (Of course, this is operating under the still faulty assumption that 25 is the hard cap on the roster, and that all playable characters will show up on the poster.)

Both Robins appear, though, which is what counts with symmetry-- slotting Tharja in right above Frederick would make things look even.

I'm just operating under the assumption that with the way the poster is set up, things will end up symmetrical in some fashion.

Edited by The DanMan

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Both Robins appear, though, which is what counts with symmetry-- slotting Tharja in right above Frederick would make things look even.

Which they would never do, because it's Tharja, and she's not a direct clone/alt like f!Robin. My guess is they're going to announce an actual eighth Awakening character with Tharja.

Edited by AzureSen

9 hours ago, AzureSen said:

Which they would never do, because it's Tharja, and she's not a direct clone/alt like f!Robin. My guess is they're going to announce an actual eighth Awakening character with Tharja.

With the way the poster is laid out, unless the new character(s) are on the very end, the only place to slot someone in is right above Frederick. And who would fit in with Chrom and co.? 

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

With the way the poster is laid out, unless the new character(s) are on the very end, the only place to slot someone in is right above Frederick. And who would fit in with Chrom and co.? 

Why would they place a unique character above a different unique character, thus preventing the former from having their own nametag? Tharja's not going to be right above Frederick because she's not a clone or an alt of him.

They're either going to announce two more Awakening characters or just leave Tharja off the poster but have her still in the game.

12 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

There's enough space beside Chrom and Lucina to comfortably fit a character each. Compare to the narrow spaces between Ryoma/Xander and the edges of the poster, which would be too narrow to fit in another character. And you couldn't fit another character in-between Marth and Frederick without excluding the nametag, there's simply not enough space.

As for who the character could be, there's a couple possibilities. Sumia's an option, but not a likely one unless the flying unit for SD if there is one is Minerva instead of Caeda. Maribelle and Sully, both of whom have known Chrom and Lissa since childhood, are also options.

To further emphasize my point, here's a quick rough photo edit, using Frederick's portrait to demonstrate the spacing:

59ac012c44545_SpacingExample.jpg.154c11ef476b28181576c7fd813f1d2e.jpg

Edited by AzureSen

3 hours ago, RotomGuy said:

Two more Awakening characters make sense based on the poster. I would predict Tharja and Virion personally.

Probably the safest bets, besides like Gaius.

26 minutes ago, Namarid said:

Does anyone think Jagen has a shot of being in?

I think he has a chance, seeing as he is an early game unit with connections to Marth. But I personally would prefer Camus as the lance cavalier to finish the weapon triangle of Cavaliers we have with Xander and Frederick. That's out of personal reasons though, and either has a decent shot of getting in in my opinion

if there's more awakening slots it'll be a crime if Panne doesn't make it.

NvByXM5.png

Here's my roster. It's 26 w/o villains and gender swaps but oh well lol

Reasonings:

Merric: it's either him or Linde and he's more important lol

Minerva: Plot relevant, gets us another wyvern rider.

Lorenz: A bit more plot relevant than Draug. I hope he gets in because he'd add more flavor than Draug. It's one or the other though.

Tiki: This goes without saying.

Camus: Lance cavalier, villain, Medeus is probably a boss. Plot important.

Tharja: She's in. More popular than Cordelia and she'd have a more unique moveset, that being dark magic.

Panne: I really don't expect to see her but she'd have an amazing moveset and give us a second beast character.

Gangrel: Awakening villain, could be some sort of a spellblade.

Azura: Lance, dancer, water powers, plot important, relations to all other royals, she's a shoo-in.

Garon: Fates villain, uses an axe, plot important I guess he doesn't do much in rev though lol. He's the big bad of the other two though

Edited by Pokechu

33 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

Reveal hidden contents

NvByXM5.png

Reasonings:

Reveal hidden contents

Lorenz: A bit more plot relevant than Draug. I hope he gets in because he'd add more flavor than Draug. It's one or the other though.

Tharja: She's in. More popular than Cordelia and she'd have a more unique moveset, that being dark magic.

Panne: I really don't expect to see her but she'd have an amazing moveset and give us a second beast character.

Azura: Lance, dancer, water powers, plot important, relations to all other royals, she's a shoo-in.

Garon: Fates villain, uses an axe, plot important I guess he doesn't do much in rev though lol. He's the big bad of the other two though

That roster actually looks pretty good. Personally I would have chosen Walhart over Gangrel just for the Lu Bu vibe he has going for him. But that's just me. Garron would be cool, maybe transform into his Ivan Ooze liquid form in one of his Musou moves or just use that liquid in some of his attacks.

1 minute ago, TrueDarkAce said:

That roster actually looks pretty good. Personally I would have chosen Walhart over Gangrel just for the Lu Bu vibe he has going for him. But that's just me. Garron would be cool, maybe transform into his Ivan Ooze liquid form in one of his Musou moves or just use that liquid in some of his attacks.

yeah I was indecisive on Gangrel and Walhart but Freddy is already a horse axe character so I leaned towards Gangrel. That plus how Walhart comes up towards the end of Awakening. It wouldn't surprise me if Walhart got in over Gangrel though, but they're both good choices imo.

It'd be so cool to see what they could do with Garon! Transforming into his slime blob self would be interesting :lol:

3 hours ago, Pokechu said:

Hide contents

NvByXM5.png

Reasonings:

Hide contents

Any roster with Panne and Big Boss is a great roster in my eyes

Actually, using the poster to make predictions, I got to this:

T0ZssPK.png

Including alt genders, this roster has a round 30 characters.

Additionally, if alt genders share a card and villains don't get a card, then that fits into 25 character cards. It makes a lot of sense, IMO, and it's now the roster i'm expecting.

Edited by RotomGuy