The 25 character theory: DEBUNKED

Jedi

9 hours ago, Corbin said:

I feel like it's going to be more than 25 characters. This is for a two major reasons:

1. A lack of balance in representation between the games. If this was true then two of the three games are getting screwed over in terms of characters, and I can't see that happening. 

2. No Fire Emblem game has had less than 30 characters. Based on some of the recent news, we're likely getting 32 characters minimum (some may be reserved for when the game comes out).

From what I've read from the interviews so far, there won't be a balanced representation of the 3 games. I just hope we can get someone else from Shadow Dragon: Caeda, Jagen, Draug, Wrys...some of the early allies. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

From what I've read from the interviews so far, there won't be a balanced representation of the 3 games. I just hope we can get someone else from Shadow Dragon: Caeda, Jagen, Draug, Wrys...some of the early allies. 

Yeah, I just read about that some time after I posted. I just hope there's not a huge difference. 

2 hours ago, Corbin said:

Yeah, I just read about that some time after I posted. I just hope there's not a huge difference. 

T0ZssPK.png

Using the poster to make predictions, it looks SD definitely won't reach the amount of characters Fates has, and while it's possible to match Awakening, I doubt it based on roster size and potential choices.

17 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

That is probably the reason why peolpe go nuts about and say "the game is 3DS Fire Emblem featuring Marth from the Smash Bros Series"

Edited by Troykv

6 hours ago, Troykv said:

That is probably the reason why peolpe go nuts about and say "the game is 3DS Fire Emblem featuring Marth from the Smash Bros Series"

People are jumping to conclusions like always but...it's somewhat understandable. My best guess would be that KT is saving the Shadow Dragon characters for last. 

4 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

People are jumping to conclusions like always but...it's somewhat understandable. My best guess would be that KT is saving the Shadow Dragon characters for last. 

Oh, they're definitely saving them for last since it appears that Shadow Dragon characters are the last ones to be involved in this of the mainline FE characters.

2 hours ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I keep seeing you post this but I feel the need to point out that it probably isn't the case. They're probably just clones with a different slot on the roster screen, but the website makes it pretty apparent.

With the recent stream of new information I'd like to address a new hot topic: the full-game introduction trailers. We got one for Awakening four days ago and today saw the two for Fates' paths drop. What's curious about this is that they seem to bring a sense of finality to their respective entries; it would be odd to make the full trailers without showing everybody. People have been talking about how odd it is that characters are missing, most notably Azura due to being the poster girl for Fates. The message I'm getting from all of this is that if she is playable, she'll be early DLC rather than part of the starting roster. Same for other fan favorites who I will not mention by name to keep it simple.

With that in mind, here is the roster distribution so far:
Shadow Dragon, 2 total: Marth, Tiki (tentative)
Awakening, 6 total: Chrom, Robin(M/F), Lucina, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia
Fates, 9 total: Corrin(F/M), Ryoma, Xander, Hinoka, Camilla, Takumi, Leo, Sakura, Elise
Warriors, 2 total: Rowan, Lianne

If we continue with the one art card per character theory, they add up to 19 total, leaving us with six yet to be confirmed characters. Here are my most likely candidates:
A) Darius
B) Anna
C) Shadow Dragon characters

It's possible that both Darius and Anna could be playable in the base game, which would leave us with four SD characters. But I get the feeling that one of them might not be playable, probably Anna as DLC. Getting into some Illuminati nonsense, Shadow Dragon opens Chapter 1 with seven playable characters under your banner.

In short, we may get five more Archanea characters instead of three or four. Thoughts?

EDIT: Aaaaaaaand it looks like the Direct and leaks outright killed this theory.

Edited by X-Naut
RIP the theory

I'm glad its dead.

I do wonder why the special edition only has 25 characters instead of the whole roster, though? Seems kind of weird that they would add a bonus with character pictures but not include all of them.

Well, the more the merrier :3

I was in the "25 characters in the base game" camp until Navarre was shown, but now I'm starting to believe the old 35 characters rumor that started from the devs quote that said the E3 demo was representative of 20% of content (which had 7 characters).

3 hours ago, Doof said:

I'm glad its dead.

I do wonder why the special edition only has 25 characters instead of the whole roster, though? Seems kind of weird that they would add a bonus with character pictures but not include all of them.

It's possibly only story characters that get cards while others, such as fRobin, mCorrin, and maybe Lyn do not..or perhaps there will be more then 25 cards and that number was given to throw us off or was originally the intended number.

For a more unlikely situation, they could also be double sided..whether this means 50 characters or some cards also having guest NPCs, areas, etc would be up for debate.

Edited by Deva Ashera

4 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

It's possibly only story characters that get cards while others, such as fRobin, mCorrin, and maybe Lyn do not..or perhaps there will be more then 25 cards and that number was given to throw us off or was originally the intended number.

For a more unlikely situation, they could also be double sided..whether this means 50 characters or some cards also having guest NPCs, areas, etc would be up for debate.

Well, the leaked boxart has 25 characters on it, and there's 25 character cards. I think there's an immediate connection to be made there.

With Navarre's existence we now know that not every character is featured on the boxart, and presumably not on the cards either. As for what criteria is used to decide who gets on the box/cards, I don't know.