Do you like Heroes and what it has done so far?

Kazuya

Do you?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Like or no?

• Yes
    • No

Love it, it's certainly drawn my attention more than any other game that has released in the last 6 months.

I would dare say it is worth more to me than any of the recent real FE game releases, just on the basis of how many hours that can be put into it. It has the major advantage of constantly being updated (for free, no paid dlc ploys), which translates to more unique things for me to do.

I enjoy the massive cast it brings to the table, especially when it introduces old favorites for the western FE audience, and even ones that never made it here. I wouldn't have come to love many more FE characters if it wasn't for this game.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Everything they've done so far is amazing. We've come a long, long way from 50 Stamina and not even being able to play around with initial unit position. We've got a ton of content, with orbs and feathers and now they're not only giving us a free first summon, but a whole free *5 (which is the part I disagree with, ironically).

If anything, the game is being way, way too generous at this point. Only now am I starting to see where "P2W" players do their part at supporting this game.

Nevermind the fact that it's free.

That's the obvious qol changes that yes are good but they can cause issues, but my main issue is balancing, the abuse, and the oversaturation of newer games.

3 hours ago, Kazuya said:

I was in a rush when writing that, sorry. I dislike a lot of the balancing, I have the worst luck known to man, people abuse the meta, and there isn't enough for me to enjoy. I do think it's fun but that's when I need something to do when I'm out of options. 

Lovely.  Why are you here, then?  As a rule, if i think something is a waste of time, I do something better with my time.

---

Beginning was a bit rough, but it's been one of the friendliest FTP games I've encountered.  I'm excited to see what the next six months hold!

I'd say it's currently in it's prime right now because of everything they've given us in the past month, but I love it.

Lot's of interesting artists, decently fair to dedicated F2P, monthly events like Tempest, GHB, Voting Gauntlet. It's nice to have a sense of familiarity with a gacha game too.

1 hour ago, Kazuya said:

That's the obvious qol changes that yes are good but they can cause issues, but my main issue is balancing, the abuse, and the oversaturation of newer games.

I find that the balancing in Heroes is better than in main series games where you're subject to discrepancies in base stat totals, growth rate totals, unit availability, starting overleveled, starting undereleveled, exclusive access to skills, and things like that.

In Heroes, all characters have the same base (as in level 1) stat totals as all other characters in their class and the same growth rate totals. Availability doesn't matter because the game isn't linear (you either got the character or you didn't), and starting level also doesn't matter for the same reason (and because everyone starts at level 1).

While there are weapons and skills that are extremely strong, they're not so strong as to make any particular character unviable in competitive play, though they can make particular PvE maps more trivial. But that's just a part of a game that gets constant updates, and this game does get constant updates, and the developers do look like they're trying to include new elements that check or counter the existing meta.

On the topic of the meta, following the meta is simply just smart play. I don't think there's anything wrong with playing to the meta, and it makes the counter-meta that much stronger.

Also, Fae thinks Reinhardt is funny and wonders why he's lying on the floor and won't get back up.

I don't think I played a gacha game before, but I really like how generous FE:H can be at times. It's great to have this big multiverse of my favorite units from different games working together in 1 army. Once I get my job started, I might even become a mini whale, because I want to support this game.

When they announced a Fire Emblem mobile game, I was convinced it would be something terrible. I would have objected entirely to them doing a "Fire Emblem Lite" game. Boy was I wrong. My joke-but-not-really-a-joke idea for Fire Emblem Mobile was to give us a Hearthstone style of game using Cipher cards. In retrospect, it's funny how close I was to the reality of Fire Emblem Heroes, but Heroes is better than that. The gameplay works, leveling and collecting characters is easy, and content updates are frequent. I never really put the game down since release, and can't see myself doing that anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Yes I do. It celebrates the series history while testing the interest of older games. Plus I can play on the go.

That's a funny joke

6 hours ago, Lautsuu said:

I don't like mobile games, so when Heroes was announced, I was a bit...ugh. But once I played it, it's pretty damn good.

We get so many updates to keep it fresh, and IS actually listens to the fans. It has brilliant art work and voice acting, too. The story is pretty decent for such a game.

My only gripe is the orbs. As a F2P player, I find the orbs to be tedious to get, especially when I don't care about making the 'perfect' team. Heck, I keep sending my Reinhardts back home for feathers, and he's one of the best units in the game.

YOU SEND REINHARDTS HOME?!?! FRICKING HECK MAN HE'S ONE OF ONLY TWO DECENT VANTAGE 3 SKILL INHERITANCE FODDERS IN THE GAME WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!

…Ahem, sorry about that - it's just that I've been trying to pull him for a long time so I can add Vantage to some of my Units and haven't had any success.

Anyways, the game is good, though I'll agree with Lautsuu that getting Orbs is frustrating, and I'm tired of pulling stupid Subaki over and over and over and over and over when I just want a Cordelia but they decided to make her 5-Star exclusive because don't ask me.

I think my main issue is so many of the characters that are seriously popular are of course harder to get - I've pulled a total of 1 copy of just about all my popular characters save Camilla, who I promptly merged for the extra stats because her DEF isn't awesome for a LV40 and the Axe thing isn't helping - and so we're trying for someone we like from say Smash Bros not named Corrin(who has been thankfully relatively easy to get), and instead of Roy, Marth, Lucina, Ike, or even Robin(RIP FemRobin lovers 'cuz GHB-Exclusive btw), or you're trying to get Hector or Genny either because you like them or because Skill Inheritance(I NEED DISTANT COUNTER ROY AND WRATHFUL STAFF CLOSE COUNTER SAKURA) you just end up with all your Orbs gone and half your barracks full of Draug, Subaki, Barst and Serra, who you either barely even know or really don't want and are all 3-Star and consequently not even really worth the Feathers. Unfortunately, this is simply unavoidable as it IS a Gacha game, so I try to just be happy with the few cool Units I do pull, such as Delthea, who is apparently a frickin BEAST and was my free pull on top of that so that's neat.

2 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I'm tired of pulling stupid Subaki over and over and over and over and over when I just want a Cordelia but they decided to make her 5-Star exclusive because don't ask me.

Cordelia is available at 4★.

7 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

That's a funny joke

Amount of Non-seasonal Awakening Characters added since launch: 0

Amount of Non-seasonal Fates Characters added since launch: 0

Not counting FRobin and Xander's GHBs, as their data has been in since launch.

Heroes has done a fairly good job of being representative and not just being a FE13/14 festival.  Sure a lot of the default roster was FE13/14, but those games were joined by not only FE1/11/3/12, but FE6/7 as well.  

I love Fire Emblem Heroes. For a gacha game, it's really generous in how it treats F2P players such as myself (never mind the fact that i've been trying to get Azura since day one but the game won't let me have her) and the game doesn't force you to pay in order to win. I find myself bouncing back and forward between Teir 16 and 17, which is actually pretty good for a F2P player. I don't even try for the best IVs or Skill builds. I just play my own way and it works.

I also love how every game in the series and they aren't just focusing on the big 3 (Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon). Most of the character artwork is amazing (i say most because Lloyd exists) and the voice acting is surprisingly good most of the time.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Lovely.  Why are you here, then?  As a rule, if i think something is a waste of time, I do something better with my time.

---

Beginning was a bit rough, but it's been one of the friendliest FTP games I've encountered.  I'm excited to see what the next six months hold!

Im really curious to see what the anniversary might bring. Yeah it's six months away but considering what they did for the 6 month anniversary of Heroes, it really makes me wonder what a full year will bring.

As far as the original post's question, I love this game. Probably my favorite mobile game out there. I have never used a mobile game as a source of entertainment even at my house when bored, but FE Heroes is just a solid game as a whole. It is great as far as f2p goes, I've been able to play without a single dime put into it. They have handled content better than some MMOs do, and have been handing out a steady stream of thing to do every month for players. It's great, probably one of the best mobile games I have seen. 

Edited by Tolvir

15 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

@Glaceon Mage Pardon my brother, he's very blunt.

I think what he meant was the fact that only "Waifu" characters or characters that are important to the plot are top teirs.

Reinhardt is my waifu.

I've been incredibly pleased with this game. I don't usually play mobile games longer than a few weeks at most. Usually I just get really obsessive for a week and then stop completely. Is this a real FE game? No. It's cheesy. The plot is basic. It's more grinding than anything else, and the challenge is pretty so-so. The luck stuff also majorly sucks at times. You get what you get, but you don't have to invest to enjoy it.

FEH has been really good at evolving to benefit the players. They've given us more stamina, more events, more characters, more difficulties... I really like that the new art and voice acting breathes some life into some older characters. Is the art always great? RIP Lloyd. Not really...but for the most part, I've been super satisfied.

Love the game. It's fun, easy to play, and more than enough FE goodness to satisfy the fangirl within. Sure there are things that can be fixed, but it's not really that big of a deal to me.

I am pretty happy with the game. The only thing I do not like is the multiplier in the Voting Gauntlet. I do not mind the multiplier giving the losing team more Feathers, but I do not want the multiplier to count towards the score to win.

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

Reinhardt is my waifu.

Well said. Reinhardt is the best waifu. Who needs Camilla and Tharja? Their goods are nowhere as enjoyable as Thunder's Fist.

I think the game is the best is could possibly be. Heroes is fairly generous with orbs and free characters (making it very viable to play as F2P), has an easily achieved/understandable endgame (no excessive grinding), it's possible to improve your odds to get specific characters, even characters who you don't want as units can be used for SI, there are frequent updates and new content (devs actually listening to player feedback), there are a variety of games featured (unlike TMS and FEW) and the gameplay is just generally fun. 

The only noteworthy criticism I have is of some meaningless resources (badges in particular) but it's a pretty good game, especially for the price.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Amount of Non-seasonal Awakening Characters added since launch: 0

Amount of Non-seasonal Fates Characters added since launch: 0

Not counting FRobin and Xander's GHBs, as their data has been in since launch.

Heroes has done a fairly good job of being representative and not just being a FE13/14 festival.  Sure a lot of the default roster was FE13/14, but those games were joined by not only FE1/11/3/12, but FE6/7 as well.  

Not that I disagree with the statement that Heroes covers a lot of games, but those seasonal banners were exclusively Fates/Awakening characters besides Caeda and Lyn. That's  7 Awakening characters and 7 Fates characters, added on to their already large default rosters. Seasonal and GHB characters most certainly count.

Compared to your typical Fire Emblem experience, I think Heroes is a little on the shallow side. Yeah you have a large amount of favorite characters from across Fire Emblem (at least I hope they're favorites), but you really only get a bite size of who they really are. It's like the Einherjar of Awakening: you don't really get to know the real person, only shadows of them. No support conversations, a large amount of one-liners to excavate info from, and a 5* Level 40 confession seen that you could only see one time in-game, and afterward only on the wiki, before the Hero Catalog was introduced. The only way you'd ever get to know the unit for real is if you play their original Fire Emblem game, but I can say that FEH does a good enough job of introducing the characters to you. I never really cared for Nino or Priscilla before Heroes came out.

Gameplay, it's simple but it is still fun. I do have a bit of a dirty pleasure in watching the battles be carries out whenever my unit (or the enemy unit if they are a non-generic unit) is triggering a Special, but I have that dirty pleasure in Awakening, Fates, and Echoes as well. I don't like the direction of Grand Hero Battles and their Infernal difficulty, but most other aspects I can respect. It is still Fire Emblem, you do still need to be tactical, and that i appreciate. But again, it's shallow. There isn't any of the excitement from getting that one needed Critical Hit/Skill Activation from other games, the thrill of seeing the boss monologue at you and then rubbing their monologue in their (usually) stupid faces. Everything goes along on a track, it's just a matter of you making sure the track doesn't end before the train reaches the station.

The one thing I don't like, however, is the sexualization of some of the units. In other games, I can usually ignore it because I don't hold any attachment to the character. But Fire Emblem has drawn me in to certain characters, and the decay of unit armor as they take damage is cool and all... but only when it isn't used as an excuse to show as much skin as possible (I think we can all agree the worst offender is Bruno). This is just a personal complaint though, I generally don't like anything sexual in anything I play/watch if it doesn't actually add to the scenario.

...I don't think I answered the question properly. Yes I like how Heroes is going right now. It isn't as heavy a cash grab as it could have been, and it feels like the perfect trial run for anyone who might be interested in a character, and eventually a game.

54 minutes ago, XRay said:

Well said. Reinhardt is the best waifu. Who needs Camilla and Tharja? Their goods are nowhere as enjoyable as Thunder's Fist.

I'll take the Right Hand of Ishtar any day of the week.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Cordelia is available at 4★.

Frickin' heck, the game really does just hate me then. Stupid Subaki.

59 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

The one thing I don't like, however, is the sexualization of some of the units. In other games, I can usually ignore it because I don't hold any attachment to the character. But Fire Emblem has drawn me in to certain characters, and the decay of unit armor as they take damage is cool and all... but only when it isn't used as an excuse to show as much skin as possible (I think we can all agree the worst offender is Bruno). This is just a personal complaint though, I generally don't like anything sexual in anything I play/watch if it doesn't actually add to the scenario.

Holy cow, I totally forgot about this. It drives me nuts too, especially because my Green luck has sucked more than my other color lucks so I only have Camilla to use for my Green Unit, though her Low-HP Portrait isn't actually as bad as I was initially afraid of - I actually was more bugged by Lazlow's myself, though that might just be me. Let's also not forget the cross-artist chest inflation factor - I'm playing Echoes right now, Mae's breasts are smaller than Heroes' portrayal of her and I seriously doubt she's the only one like that.

50 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I'm playing Echoes right now, Mae's breasts are smaller than Heroes' portrayal of her and I seriously doubt she's the only one like that.

Ursula comes to mind. Her original sprite and artwork show her to be modestly endowed, with a cool expression. Her Heroes artwork makes her busty and more than a little unhinged.

5 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

YOU SEND REINHARDTS HOME?!?! FRICKING HECK MAN HE'S ONE OF ONLY TWO DECENT VANTAGE 3 SKILL INHERITANCE FODDERS IN THE GAME WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!

…Ahem, sorry about that - it's just that I've been trying to pull him for a long time so I can add Vantage to some of my Units and haven't had any success.

Anyways, the game is good, though I'll agree with Lautsuu that getting Orbs is frustrating, and I'm tired of pulling stupid Subaki over and over and over and over and over when I just want a Cordelia but they decided to make her 5-Star exclusive because don't ask me.

I think my main issue is so many of the characters that are seriously popular are of course harder to get - I've pulled a total of 1 copy of just about all my popular characters save Camilla, who I promptly merged for the extra stats because her DEF isn't awesome for a LV40 and the Axe thing isn't helping - and so we're trying for someone we like from say Smash Bros not named Corrin(who has been thankfully relatively easy to get), and instead of Roy, Marth, Lucina, Ike, or even Robin(RIP FemRobin lovers 'cuz GHB-Exclusive btw), or you're trying to get Hector or Genny either because you like them or because Skill Inheritance(I NEED DISTANT COUNTER ROY AND WRATHFUL STAFF CLOSE COUNTER SAKURA) you just end up with all your Orbs gone and half your barracks full of Draug, Subaki, Barst and Serra, who you either barely even know or really don't want and are all 3-Star and consequently not even really worth the Feathers. Unfortunately, this is simply unavoidable as it IS a Gacha game, so I try to just be happy with the few cool Units I do pull, such as Delthea, who is apparently a frickin BEAST and was my free pull on top of that so that's neat.

I do indeed, friend. I even sent my 5* Cordelia home for feathers, but that's mainly because I can't stand her. Like I said, I don't really care about SI and all that jazz. I'm only collecting the lords and a few favourites. I just need Lyn, Ephraim, female Robin, Sakura, Camilla, Leo, Elise, Ninian, Sanaki, Klein, Maria and Jeorge.