Do you like Heroes and what it has done so far?

Kazuya

Do you?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Like or no?

• Yes
    • No

It's okay for a gatcha mobile game. I started appreciating it a lot more after trying tempest trials, but it's still too grindy and repetitive, and i find the maps too short and reliant on having good units. It's definitely good for what it is, though, and i'm happy it exists. 

Also, getting good units on a pull while not spending a single cent on it is an extremely satisfacting (even if extremely rare) feeling

Edited by Nobody

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Let's also not forget the cross-artist chest inflation factor - I'm playing Echoes right now, Mae's breasts are smaller than Heroes' portrayal of her and I seriously doubt she's the only one like that.

When the breastplate you wear is made of rigid material, you can make your breasts look as big as you want them to look and no one has to know.

7 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Ursula comes to mind. Her original sprite and artwork show her to be modestly endowed, with a cool expression. Her Heroes artwork makes her busty and more than a little unhinged.

Ursula's face sprite was literally the base body to use for well endowed female characters when making custom face sprites that you kind of got sick of seeing it after a while.

Besides the larger cleavage window, I don't think Ursula's art in Heroes padded her up much at all compared to her FE7 in-game sprite.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ursula's face sprite was literally the base body to use for well endowed female characters when making custom face sprites that you kind of got sick of seeing it after a while.

Besides the larger cleavage window, I don't think Ursula's art in Heroes padded her up much at all compared to her FE7 in-game sprite.

wait what this is new

29 minutes ago, JSND said:

wait what this is new

The good old days as lieutenant of the FESS Spriting forum.

Sonia has larger breasts in her official art, but her face sprite was turned more towards the screen, meaning most of the effect was lost. It also made it difficult to splice with a head. Ursula's face sprite was turned closer to a three-quarters view like most other face sprites and was tall enough to get enough of her breasts into the frame to imply at their size, which made it popular for use.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The good old days as lieutenant of the FESS Spriting forum.

Sonia has larger breasts in her official art, but her face sprite was turned more towards the screen, meaning most of the effect was lost. It also made it difficult to splice with a head. Ursula's face sprite was turned closer to a three-quarters view like most other face sprites and was tall enough to get enough of her breasts into the frame to imply at their size, which made it popular for use.

Yeah thats basically what i wondered because Sonia's the first thing that comes to mind when talking about FE7 busty female

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

When the breastplate you wear is made of rigid material, you can make your breasts look as big as you want them to look and no one has to know.

So a wonder bra/spanks?

I don't care for breast enhancements made later down the line. Twili Midna got a breast boost in HW and I didn't like it one bit.

2 hours ago, JSND said:

Yeah thats basically what i wondered because Sonia's the first thing that comes to mind when talking about FE7 busty female

To be fair, Nergal used her to control Brendan Reed and the Black Fang. Given her terrible personality, Sonia's proportions had to be the thing that got him into her. I mean her official art looks like a stripper:

Spoiler

sonia.png

Though the odd thing is that Nergal made Sonia before he went for the BF I think. So unless he already had taking the BF over in mind, he just liked making a sexy morph.

Now I wonder how Camilla would look in the same pose and outfit.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So a wonder bra/spanks?

I don't care for breast enhancements made later down the line. Twili Midna got a breast boost in HW and I didn't like it one bit.

To be fair, Nergal used her to control Brendan Reed and the Black Fang. Given her terrible personality, Sonia's proportions had to be the thing that got him into her. I mean her official art looks like a stripper:

Reveal hidden contents

sonia.png

Though the odd thing is that Nergal made Sonia before he went for the BF I think. So unless he already had taking the BF over in mind, he just liked making a sexy morph.

Now I wonder how Camilla would look in the same pose and outfit.

She would look much better lol. Camilla's design is at such a low level that her Spring Version is more acceptable than her normal version

Sonia is basically the living proof of WHY

Nergal being man of culture is expected considering his backstory, and the fruit of his seed....uhh wait do i need to spoiler tag that

Edited by JSND

I like it, but... i lost my interest in Arena entirely, infact i despise it. i like tough all the other stuff like Tempest Trial and GHB. Especially GHB on Infernal etc.

Arena just has too much random shit

On 8/29/2017 at 9:43 PM, NekoKnight said:
On 8/29/2017 at 8:44 PM, Tuvy said:

@Glaceon Mage Pardon my brother, he's very blunt.

I think what he meant was the fact that only "Waifu" characters or characters that are important to the plot are top teirs.

Not that I disagree with the statement that Heroes covers a lot of games, but those seasonal banners were exclusively Fates/Awakening characters besides Caeda and Lyn. That's  7 Awakening characters and 7 Fates characters, added on to their already large default rosters. Seasonal and GHB characters most certainly count.

This exactly wha I mean, but there is still more I dislike. Notice that the only good charcters are plot important ones. Givig certain characters more utilities than others is just plainly unfair, like Ryoma's Raijinto or Xander's Siegfried. These things by default make these characters better than others. Not to mention this is a game where DEFENSE DOESN"T MATTER! They made this game so unfair towrds defense based units. Say I have a unit who has 35 defense, that is a lot in normal fire emblem, but in this game you would still be dealt around 15 damage, and that is not mentioning the fact most fast units are slow. Unless you are Lukas you will very rarely not be dealt extreme damage. The other other problem I have is the fact this game caters to a very secific playstyle. Get in one round the enemy get out. If you don't have speed or attack you suck. Very few units I like have either of those things as I focus on defense, res, and Hp units mostly in actual fire emblem games. So no, I don't like this game, is it an overall good game, yeah, is it as good as it could be, hell no, this is a game that caters to a certain playstyle, certain units, and certain stats, none of which I like/have.

Edited by Tuvy2
Misspelled word

51 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

Notice that the only good charcters are plot important ones. Givig certain characters more utilities than others is just plainly unfair, like Ryoma's Raijinto or Xander's Siegfried.

Explain to me how Tharja, Tana, Cordelia, Effie, Reinhardt, Linde, Delthea, Olwen, Nowi, Cherche, Sheena, Amelia, Nino, Fae, and Klein are "plot-important".

54 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

Not to mention this is a game where DEFENSE DOESN"T MATTER! They made this game so unfair towrds defense based units. Say I have a unit who has 35 defense, that is a lot in normal fire emblem, but in this game you would still be dealt around 15 damage, and that is not mentioning the fact most fast units are slow. Unless you are Lukas you will very rarely not be dealt extreme damage.

I'm guessing you haven't played with a Triangle Adept dragon team or an armor team yet, as both of those team compositions run off of the premise that you simply take no damage by taking advantage of the weapon triangle.

For example, an axe user needs 65 Atk to do 1 point of damage to Triangle Adept Mystery Tiki with Fortify Dragons active. A lance user needs 62 Atk to do 1 point of damage to Sheena with three stacks of Ward Armor.

1 hour ago, Tuvy2 said:

The other other problem I have is the fact this game caters to a very secific playstyle. Get in one round the enemy get out. If you don't have speed or attack you suck.

Quick Riposte Bonfire/Ignis/Iceberg/Glacies exists for enemy-phase units. Gem weapons and Triangle Adept can also be used to bolster your defensive and offensive capabilities.

CYL Ike is one of the tankiest characters available, using Steady Breath to charge up Aether on enemy phase, then heal up all of the damage he took when you attack on player phase.

Another thing my brother forgot to mention is the fact that he only uses characters that he likes in this game. Whiiiiich is none of the top teirs (except hector)

Over all I've been pretty happy with Heroes, a lot more than I thought I'd be. It helps they've been taking steps to add more content and make assorted QOL changes to smooth things out and keep you active. And lots of free orbs! I have 3/4ths of the cast thanks to that.

The bite sized gameplay is just really enjoyable to the point that I don't mind grinding too much.

There is still a lot of grind involved, so it'd be nice if they could find more ways to spice that up but at this point between quests and increased exp gains its not as bad. Other issues I can think of are mostly QOL stuff (it'd be nice if HM was overhauled a bit, for instance).

Arena's kind of the only thing I feel lacking at this point. once you have a solid team, if you don't care about keeping in the top rank, it's pretty easy to take your team through 7 runs and get a solid score to at least bounce between 2 ranks with ease. Arena Assault is cool, but I don't know, feels like it needs something else to it. I'm not sure how I'd balance all this though. Arena can be pretty frustrating pretty quickly otherwise, so, ???

On 8/31/2017 at 11:15 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Explain to me how Tharja, Tana, Cordelia, Effie, Reinhardt, Linde, Delthea, Olwen, Nowi, Cherche, Sheena, Amelia, Nino, Fae, and Klein are "plot-important".

Reinhardt, Olwen, Sheena, and Nino are all in the plot for quite a bit, whereas the other chracters are considered more popular. I get why popular characters are good, but what really makes me mad is the fact that nonpopular characters are bad.

I'm guessing you haven't played with a Triangle Adept dragon team or an armor team yet, as both of those team compositions run off of the premise that you simply take no damage by taking advantage of the weapon triangle.

For example, an axe user needs 65 Atk to do 1 point of damage to Triangle Adept Mystery Tiki with Fortify Dragons active. A lance user needs 62 Atk to do 1 point of damage to Sheena with three stacks of Ward Armor.

This brings up 2 other problems. One is that people always say use this team, or this team. Why can't I just use characters I like instead of being strongarmed into using other units? The weapon triangle is also ridiculous in this game. If a unit is dealing 20 damage to my unit that would become 24 damage, plus skills and weapons that add onto this. (Though I do get the risk of ruby swords etc.)

Quick Riposte Bonfire/Ignis/Iceberg/Glacies exists for enemy-phase units. Gem weapons and Triangle Adept can also be used to bolster your defensive and offensive capabilities.

This does not matter if the enemy team has a strong brave weapon user who one rounds.

CYL Ike is one of the tankiest characters available, using Steady Breath to charge up Aether on enemy phase, then heal up all of the damage he took when you attack on player phase.

I don't like Ike.

31 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

Reinhardt, Olwen, Sheena, and Nino are all in the plot for quite a bit, whereas the other chracters are considered more popular. I get why popular characters are good, but what really makes me mad is the fact that nonpopular characters are bad.

I asked you to "explain", not to "assert". Anyone can assert something, but that won't convince anyone that what you asserted is true (unless they are gullible).

"In the plot for quite a bit" is a far cry compared to "plot-important".

Also, please explain to me how Reinhardt was at all popular before Heroes existed.

This brings up 2 other problems. One is that people always say use this team, or this team. Why can't I just use characters I like instead of being strongarmed into using other units?

You can't make every possible combination of characters viable for all game modes and still have any sense of difficulty in the same way that you can't just take an arbitrary 6 Pokémon and make a viable team or take an arbitrary combination of computer parts and make a functioning computer or take an arbitrary combination of car parts and make a functioning car.

Furthermore, I have specifically mentioned two team archetypes, but not individual units, so no one is strong-arming you into using specific units.

The weapon triangle is also ridiculous in this game. If a unit is dealing 20 damage to my unit that would become 24 damage, plus skills and weapons that add onto this. (Though I do get the risk of ruby swords etc.)

This is because hit and evade rates don't exist in this game, meaning weapon triangle effects are necessarily applied directly to damage.

This does not matter if the enemy team has a strong brave weapon user who one rounds.

Yes it does. Properly built enemy-phase units laugh at Brave weapons.

+10 Effie [+Atk] (Brave Lance+) deals a whopping 2×2 damage to +0 Fae [=Def] (Triangle Adept 3) +0/0/6/6.

+10 Reinhardt [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Death Blow 3) +6/6 deals 0×2 damage to +0 Titania [=Res] (Emerald Axe+) +0/0/6/6.

+10 Reinhardt [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Death Blow 3) +6/6 deals 3×2 damage to +0 Sheena [=Res] +0/0/12/12.

I don't like Ike.

Irrelevant. This has nothing to do with "catering to a specific play style" of "get in, one-round the enemy, get out".

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I asked you to "explain", not to "assert". Anyone can assert something, but that won't convince anyone that what you asserted is true (unless they are gullible).

"In the plot for quite a bit" is a far cry compared to "plot-important".

Also, please explain to me how Reinhardt was at all popular before Heroes existed.

I never said reinhardt was popular, others were more liked, with the exception of Effie, Olwen, Linde, and Klien, which I have never heard as being popular. (Also, Cherche is good? since when?)

You can't make every possible combination of characters viable for all game modes and still have any sense of difficulty in the same way that you can't just take an arbitrary 6 Pokémon and make a viable team or take an arbitrary combination of computer parts and make a functioning computer or take an arbitrary combination of car parts and make a functioning car.

Furthermore, I have specifically mentioned two team archetypes, but not individual units, so no one is strong-arming you into using specific units.

There are a lot of different ways to make the game more difficult, generic enimies don't have to have certain stats, which means they are buffable. As or the arena there is a very large line between difficulty and unfairness called FAIRNESS, if you can only get by in the arena with certain units that line has been crossed in the wrong direction. They could make it more balanced by making every uit usable on a competitive level, but i'm not saying it would be easy to get them to that point. Again strongarmed into using armor or dragon units. (Very few I like.)

Also regarding that pokemon i'm pretty sure you are talking about that game competitive, which is an option.

This is because hit and evade rates don't exist in this game, meaning weapon triangle effects are necessarily applied directly to damage.

Sorry my bad, I guess I never considered that.

Yes it does. Properly built enemy-phase units laugh at Brave weapons.

+10 Effie [+Atk] (Brave Lance+) deals a whopping 2×2 damage to +0 Fae [=Def] (Triangle Adept 3) +0/0/6/6.

+10 Reinhardt [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Death Blow 3) +6/6 deals 0×2 damage to +0 Titania [=Res] (Emerald Axe+) +0/0/6/6.

+10 Reinhardt [+Atk] (Dire Thunder, Death Blow 3) +6/6 deals 3×2 damage to +0 Sheena [=Res] +0/0/12/12.

AGAIN STRONGARMED.

Irrelevant. This has nothing to do with "catering to a specific play style" of "get in, one-round the enemy, get out".

I ws just commenting on you telling me to use Ike, that was my answer.

If these are the only asweres then I stand by my original points (Except the weapon triangle thing)

Edited by Tuvy2
Didn't finish

23 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

(Also, Cherche is good? since when?)

Cherche has the highest base Atk of any axe user, access to movement-type buffs, and flier mobility. Her standard build is very good at deleting things:

Cherche [+Atk] (Brave Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire, Death Blow 3)

Most tier lists place her near the top of the current metagame.

26 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

if you can only get by in the arena with certain units that line has been crossed in the wrong direction.

As long as your team covers enough bases, it's very much possible to get by in the Arena with weaker units. Go to the Arena discussion thread. You'll see a lot of novel teams there.

30 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

They could make it more balanced by making every uit usable on a competitive level, but i'm not saying it would be easy to get them to that point.

Every character is already usable on a competitive level. Some just need more resources than others.

Again strongarmed into using armor or dragon units.

35 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

AGAIN STRONGARMED.

You seem to have this thing where you think a list of examples is necessarily exhaustive.

I'm also just not sure where to start with the fact that you seem to be closed to suggestions, accusative of others for giving suggestions, and being dismissive of examples contrary to your beliefs to the point of changing the subject and being accusative.

33 minutes ago, Tuvy2 said:

(Very few I like.)

That's a handicap you placed on yourself. Deal with the ramifications of your decisions or get rid of the handicap.

On 9/1/2017 at 0:15 AM, Ice Dragon said:

She got Ephraim to stop moping around that one time. That counts, right?

5 hours ago, Tuvy2 said:

Ishtar is one of my favourite characters, and I never used to remember she had retainers.

2 hours ago, Tuvy2 said:

(Very few I like.)

See, there's two ways of dealing with your favorites not being in the game.

1. This makes the game less enjoyable for me.
2. Awesome!  I can find new favorites!

And find them I did.  Had I stuck with favorites-only, I'd be miserable.  Keep an open mind, and the entire cast is at your disposal.

3 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

She got Ephraim to stop moping around that one time. That counts, right?

Eirika also rescued her durning Chapter 1- damselism is a form of minor plot importance after all.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cherche has the highest base Atk of any axe user

The heck? Why her of all people? What about the big strong men like Bartre and Hawkeye? What if they eventually add Largo? I'm not being sexist, I'm fine with the dragon loving, housework loving red head wyvern rider occupy the spot- but it just seems a little odd still. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Eirika also rescued her durning Chapter 1- damselism is a form of minor plot importance after all.

The heck? Why her of all people? What about the big strong men like Bartre and Hawkeye? What if they eventually add Largo? I'm not being sexist, I'm fine with the dragon loving, housework loving red head wyvern rider occupy the spot- but it just seems a little odd still. 

Cherche wrestled with Minerva when she was a wee kid training to be a cleric. That counts for something.

Of course I like it - otherwise I wouldnt spend any time with it.

I dont care about the story of this game. Its irrelevant imo.

The game has lots of flaws and limitations, but imo they dont prevent it from being fun.

By limitations I think about gameplay and mapsize, the former might be tweaked with time, while I think the latter is bound to stay and according to Polygon interview wont be adressed any time soon.

When I think about FLAWS

Lv.1 exploit during voting gauntlets

Terrible AI in arena - like baiting a reinhardt with nino or julia. The AI should know about triangle disadvantage and suicidal attacks.

Flawed events

The whole voting gauntlet should be tweaked as it has become highly unfair. The amount of playtime you put into it has virtually no effect on your results  and ranking. People have to sleep and when this during a multiplier it just sucks IMO. Playing every 30 minutes is just plain stupid imo but I understand its a game mechanic within the gauntlet.

Tempest trials is nothing more than one big grindfest, but as long as the rewards are worthwhile I dont actually mind. Still I would like something more interesting. At least they could change maps, playing the same maps over and over gets old pretty quick and feels like a chore.

The stuff that I like

The music

The characters

the grand hero battles (I think they are one of the highlights this game has to offer when it comes to events)

Stuff that I would like to see?

I think this game is pretty limited when it comes to map size and gameplay. But one thing that would be awesome imo, is playing against other people, either via internet or local via bluetooth or wireless. That would be awesome, like in those pokemon games, where you can battle against other people. 

13 hours ago, eclipse said:

See, there's two ways of dealing with your favorites not being in the game.

1. This makes the game less enjoyable for me.
2. Awesome!  I can find new favorites!

And find them I did.  Had I stuck with favorites-only, I'd be miserable.  Keep an open mind, and the entire cast is at your disposal.

Thank you for being positive!

Also it might come across I hate this game, but that's not the case. I just think it could be better.