Do you like Heroes and what it has done so far?

Kazuya

Do you?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Like or no?

• Yes
    • No

On 8/31/2017 at 9:15 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Explain to me how Tharja, Tana, Cordelia, Effie, Reinhardt, Linde, Delthea, Olwen, Nowi, Cherche, Sheena, Amelia, Nino, Fae, and Klein are "plot-important".

I'm guessing you haven't played with a Triangle Adept dragon team or an armor team yet, as both of those team compositions run off of the premise that you simply take no damage by taking advantage of the weapon triangle.

For example, an axe user needs 65 Atk to do 1 point of damage to Triangle Adept Mystery Tiki with Fortify Dragons active. A lance user needs 62 Atk to do 1 point of damage to Sheena with three stacks of Ward Armor.

Quick Riposte Bonfire/Ignis/Iceberg/Glacies exists for enemy-phase units. Gem weapons and Triangle Adept can also be used to bolster your defensive and offensive capabilities.

CYL Ike is one of the tankiest characters available, using Steady Breath to charge up Aether on enemy phase, then heal up all of the damage he took when you attack on player phase.

I'm definitely late on this, but using teams and not using units you want is stupid. Stop thinking that you have to use meta to play the game, as I can get as much or even more than most by using a unit I want over some trash like Rinehart. Amelia is trash, so I dunno why people are obsessed with her. 

CYL Ike maybe good but all the CYL's are completely usable and good, so it's pointless to say something like that. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

I'm definitely late on this, but using teams and not using units you want is stupid. Stop thinking that you have to use meta to play the game, as I can get as much or even more than most by using a unit I want over some trash like Rinehart. Amelia is trash, so I dunno why people are obsessed with her. 

I assume by your indignant tone that you appear to be arguing against me, but as far as I can tell, you're just saying what I'm saying, but in a more confrontational manner.

I really love this game.  I'm fairly new to FE so this is what I play most along with Echoes and Fates.  The best reason why I play is that it's my son and I's bonding activity.  I love teaching him the mechanics of the game.  He's pulled better units than I have for less money haha

50 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I assume by your indignant tone that you appear to be arguing against me, but as far as I can tell, you're just saying what I'm saying, but in a more confrontational manner.

He's not at all. He's just saying tht it sounds like you are telling people to only use the Meta, which is the problem here.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

More or less just giving my opinion, if that sounded rude, it wasn't intentional.

I generally like it, but it can be really frustrating when you don't pull any flexibility whatsoever - I was struggling to do much of any of the new content being added on Lunatic for quite a while because of a variety of factors -

• I couldn't steamroll everything with cavalry meta, because the only cavalry units I had were the ones in the 3* pool (which are pretty much all kind of bad), Ursula, and Xander - I missed Camus during a break from playing >_<  (CYL Lyn alleviated this slightly, and I finally pulled my first Reinhardt two nights ago.)
  • I also couldn't play heavy defensive teams, as I've never pulled a single Roy (so no access to Triangle Adept 3) and I have a dearth of bulky units in general (just Lukas and young Tiki, and the latter is -def).  I sure can pull squishy myrmidons and mages all day though.
  • ... but bladetome meta was out, too - never pulled a single Tharja (no Raudrblade), and no composite hones to make it easier to max out bonuses; I also didn't have that great of a selection of blue mages until recently, having just Mae (whose speed is a little shaky imo, although her power certainly doesn't disappoint) and spring Lucina (aka Bad Linde).
  • Oh, and I had a two month or so stretch where I didn't pull a single Selena or Barst, so no Reposition either.
  • My gacha luck in this game is pretty atrocious in general, actually.  I've probably pulled something like 15 Donnels and Odins each.  Both are great SI fodder, sure, but I ran out of characters worth using to give their skills a while ago.  :P  It was only about a week ago that I pulled the last unit in the 3* pool I had yet to see one of ever (Clarine), and I've been playing since launch day (with about a 3-week break right around the time of the first TT).  There's plenty of 4* units I've never pulled, even from the month 1 list - no Cordelia, no Eirika, no Fae, no Roy, no Tharja.  There's other characters I just can't make any use of because I have no way of putting together build staples they need to function.
  • I really hate how it feels like almost all the top-end content basically requires a dancer unless you have very specific setups (this particularly comes into play with turn limit maps), because the only dancer I have is Olivia and I don't like her character. :P
  • Droughts of new 5* exclusives are really, really frustrating.  Hero Fest 2: Julia on the first 15 orbs.  Dropped 80 more on the banner chasing Ninian, got nothing.  The recent Sacred Stones banner: 5* Merric from the freebie.  Dropped somewhere between 60-80 more chasing Amelia, got nothing.  CYL girls banner: 15 orbs got me a second Lyn with the exact same boon/bane as the one I already had.  Woo, 40+1 Lyn, so exciting.  Brave Heroes: 160 orbs dropped thus far, no 5* beyond the guaranteed one.  I am so, so tired of pulling the same crap :P
Edited by Reiska