Elise Confirmed!

RotomGuy

21 minutes ago, Jedi said:

He hasn't been available in the demos, thats why.

Damn it's so obvious, I'm an idiot, sorry. Thanks :)

6 minutes ago, TrueDarkAce said:

Probably waiting for an official Shadow Dragon trailer before he's playable in any demos.That's what I think at least.

Sounds reasonable.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lau said:

Damn it's so obvious, I'm an idiot, sorry. Thanks :)

Nah, its not SUPER obvious. I mean they could have shown more gameplay of him, but chose to mostly blow it all early haha, I wouldn't say you're an idiot at all.

Just now, Jedi said:

Nah, its not SUPER obvious. I mean they could have shown more gameplay of him, but chose to mostly blow it all early haha, I wouldn't say you're an idiot at all.

No, no, I jumped the gun hahah. It's a shame because, bias aside, he's one of my favourites moveset wise. Robin and Camilla look great too.

Speaking of Marth, has anyone ever figured out what these 3 yellow orbs are and what exactly they do. As of now, Marth seems to be the only one who has them

0446138e0d.jpg

Additionally, they also replenish, whenever he points his sword to the sky from standard pose

18 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Speaking of Marth, has anyone ever figured out what these 3 yellow orbs are and what exactly they do. As of now, Marth seems to be the only one who has them

0446138e0d.jpg

Additionally, they also replenish, whenever he points his sword to the sky from standard pose

Zelda does something similar with her rapier in Hyrule Warriors, can't remember what it did at the moment but it might be something carried over from that.

2 hours ago, Lau said:

...But yeah Elise looks great, both render and move-set wise. I like how it seems that she's using the staves from Heroes, very nice touch. The hearts, too. It's just...so her.

I'm pretty certain she's not.  I think the effect at the start of her musou that you think is the gravity effect is supposed to be the Freeze staff.  She starts with one in Conquest, and Gravity is more or less a nerfed version of it (Freeze prevents all movement, Gravity restricts movment to 1 space).

6 hours ago, Motendra said:

0446138e0d.jpg

He seems to use one every time he uses a move similar to his dolphin slash from smash. 

Around min 7:30 and 7:55.

I don't know if he will use them for more attacks though.

3 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

If Marth plays like Zelda, I will FLIP

She was my favorite in HW!

I wasn't in love with any of Zelda's movesets. As in Smash, Sheik outdoes her.

The Baton is slow and vulnerable- but the AoE is good. The Dominion Rod is decent on all fronts, but tricky to master due to its weirdness.

The Rapier has its light infused mode which is made for strong hits and AoE, while the normal mode is fencing made to be fast and good on single targets. The problem is the light infusion has very weak AoE, and the C4 is very slow and awkward to aim- as a result I never use the light orbs. What I'm left with is a weapon okay on officers, but with very poor crowd clearing capabilities. It's like the opposite of Fi (okay crowd control, weak as pudding officer combat abilities).

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wasn't in love with any of Zelda's movesets. As in Smash, Sheik outdoes her.

The Baton is slow and vulnerable- but the AoE is good. The Dominion Rod is decent on all fronts, but tricky to master due to its weirdness.

The Rapier has its light infused mode which is made for strong hits and AoE, while the normal mode is fencing made to be fast and good on single targets. The problem is the light infusion has very weak AoE, and the C4 is very slow and awkward to aim- as a result I never use the light orbs. What I'm left with is a weapon okay on officers, but with very poor crowd clearing capabilities. It's like the opposite of Fi (okay crowd control, weak as pudding officer combat abilities).

I out over 200 hours in Hyrule warriors. I know how she (and unfortunately Fi) works.

I said she was my favorite, not that she was the best. Yeesh.

7 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I said she was my favorite, not that she was the best. Yeesh.

Didn't mean to be overly critical of your favorites, only analytical of their movesets. Sorry if you took offense to that.

Well Zelda had a solid design at least, perhaps a little topboob (but thats only if you want to be hypercritical), but otherwise free of fanservice and fairly princess-like, but with a warrior's touch. I did like the aesthetics and idea behind her weapons by the way- the rapier + light arrow is stunning. Plus the lightweight Rapier forms a blade trio of sorts with Link's middleweight Hylian/Master Sword, and Ganondorf's heavyweight Great Swords (or Impa's Giant's Blade).

Out of curiosity, has ANYONE complaining about the lack of characters from pre-SD read the interview about choosing the games to represent where they said:

Hayashi: Some staff even got into quarrels with us to the point that they were saying ‘I’m going to leave this project’. They said bizarre things like ‘Hayashi doesn’t know anything about Fire Emblem!’. Even I had to make this bitter decision, because if we didn’t narrow them down it wouldn’t develop into [proper] gameplay! (laughs)

ND: It’s precisely because they have fondness towards the characters. So how did you manage to convince them?

Hayashi: If this game is well-received, we may be able to make a sequel (laughs). That’s why this time we’d like to narrow it down.

If you're pissed off about Fates Awakened feat. the Marths, get the game anyways, but tell them in a review you want a set of games more focused on older players next time.

This is, of course, assuming their AWFUL PR doesn't blow up in their face and leave them with nobody buying the game.

Just now, SoulWeaver said:

Out of curiosity, has ANYONE complaining about the lack of characters from pre-SD read the interview about choosing the games to represent where they said:

Hayashi: Some staff even got into quarrels with us to the point that they were saying ‘I’m going to leave this project’. They said bizarre things like ‘Hayashi doesn’t know anything about Fire Emblem!’. Even I had to make this bitter decision, because if we didn’t narrow them down it wouldn’t develop into [proper] gameplay! (laughs)

ND: It’s precisely because they have fondness towards the characters. So how did you manage to convince them?

Hayashi: If this game is well-received, we may be able to make a sequel (laughs). That’s why this time we’d like to narrow it down.

If you're pissed off about Fates Awakened feat. the Marths, get the game anyways, but tell them in a review you want a set of games more focused on older players next time.

This is, of course, assuming their AWFUL PR doesn't blow up in their face and leave them with nobody buying the game.

I think that even if people know this, they don't really want to wait for a sequel. They like having things "right" the first time around.

Just now, familyplayer said:

I think that even if people know this, they don't really want to wait for a sequel. They like having things "right" the first time around.

They're expecting way too much. Everything can't be packed like Dynasty Warriors 8/Samurai Warriors 4/Warriors Orochi 3 in the first iteration. In my opinion at lest.

1 minute ago, TrueDarkAce said:

They're expecting way too much. Everything can't be packed like Dynasty Warriors 8/Samurai Warriors 4/Warriors Orochi 3 in the first iteration. In my opinion at lest.

I, personally, think they should have taken the middle road to avoid this sort of clash in the fanbase by choosing an old game, SD, and a new game. Then they could at least keep everyone moderately happy. Then again, as I've mentioned 50 times by now I feel, we all have hindsight bias so maybe they never saw this clash coming.

Just now, familyplayer said:

Fair enough - we do live in a world of instant gratification, what with increasingly do-all phones and even freaking fast food and the like.

1 minute ago, familyplayer said:

I, personally, think they should have taken the middle road to avoid this sort of clash in the fanbase by choosing an old game, SD, and a new game. Then they could at least keep everyone moderately happy. Then again, as I've mentioned 50 times by now I feel, we all have hindsight bias so maybe they never saw this clash coming.

I just get tired of people acting like the devs never care about any but the new players - heck, people threatened to LEAVE THE PROJECT over not getting their game in. I'd say the main reason they chose the games they did is because Awakening and Fates have the highest capacity to sell well enough to justify a sequel wherein they can show their appreciation for older players(so the newer ones can complain about not getting Corrin/Robin/etc this time), and "A Fire Emblem without Marth is not Fire Emblem" the funniest thing I've ever heard any game director say, and Sakurai's said some hilarious stuff about Smash Bros.

I mean, I'm a freaking ROY main in Melee and Smash 4, I know the feeling of 'the game creators hate me and want to make my life miserable' and I think their biggest mistake was not making Owain the main character for Warriors because the battle style and story concept is literally tailor-made for him, but in the end, IT'S THEIR DECISION. The only game I've seen devs actually respond to player suggestions by implementing those suggestions was Heroes(though I only play Nintendo right now so I may have missed something for a different console), and look how well things like the Voting Gauntlet multiplier turned out.

12 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Fair enough - we do live in a world of instant gratification, what with increasingly do-all phones and even freaking fast food and the like.

I just get tired of people acting like the devs never care about any but the new players - heck, people threatened to LEAVE THE PROJECT over not getting their game in. I'd say the main reason they chose the games they did is because Awakening and Fates have the highest capacity to sell well enough to justify a sequel wherein they can show their appreciation for older players(so the newer ones can complain about not getting Corrin/Robin/etc this time), and "A Fire Emblem without Marth is not Fire Emblem" the funniest thing I've ever heard any game director say, and Sakurai's said some hilarious stuff about Smash Bros.

I mean, I'm a freaking ROY main in Melee and Smash 4, I know the feeling of 'the game creators hate me and want to make my life miserable' and I think their biggest mistake was not making Owain the main character for Warriors because the battle style and story concept is literally tailor-made for him, but in the end, IT'S THEIR DECISION. The only game I've seen devs actually respond to player suggestions by implementing those suggestions was Heroes(though I only play Nintendo right now so I may have missed something for a different console), and look how well things like the Voting Gauntlet multiplier turned out.

I think the biggest reason for Awakening's inclusion actually is because despite a lot of the new mechanics making it one of the poster games for the new Fire Emblems, there's also a lot of elements that make it reminiscent of the older Fire Emblems. The majority of FE fans generally has one or more things they like about Awakening, so if they're picking the oldest and the most recent game, then Awakening pretty much complements the two as the choice of game that's neither the very first game or the very newest one.

14 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

I'd say the main reason they chose the games they did is because Awakening and Fates have the highest capacity to sell well enough to justify a sequel wherein they can show their appreciation for older players(so the newer ones can complain about not getting Corrin/Robin/etc this time), and "A Fire Emblem without Marth is not Fire Emblem" the funniest thing I've ever heard any game director say, and Sakurai's said some hilarious stuff about Smash Bros.

I get the logic behind the choices but its possible that logic will end up backfiring on them.

Its possible the fans of Awakening and Fates are large enough to get the sales to justify a sequel but its also possible that by giving the older fans practically nothing means they will respond by not buying the game which could lead to a smaller amount of sales then if they just got a bone thrown their way. The logic is fine and dandy but for it to be justified the game is required to be a success. If its not a success and we won't be getting a sequel with better representation things could get quite bitter. I like Fates and Awakening enough to take the game for what it is, despite my serious misgivings but if the choices made mean I won't be getting the crossover I wanted for so long I can see myself looking back quite negatively on this game. 

As Familyman said, giving all three parts of the fanbase at least something might have been better because then at least everyone is moderately happy instead of the current situation where only one group is catered too, the second group already knows they will be ignored and the third is still in the dark on exactly how Shadow dragon will be handled.

Knowing the reasons also does little to make the roster less problematic. We still got three games that all are not known for its good villains for instance and having the most expressive cast interact with by far the least expressive one might also not entirely work out. These are things that could negatively affect the quality of the game and that could have been avoided if other choices had been made. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

If I was charged with picking the games for FEW I would have recommended Awakening, New Mystery, and Blazing Sword. I feel like this would have gotten the least backlash and would have netted us fewer characters that are absolutely required to be in, leaving us with more room for left field inclusions and villains and in the case of new mystery we could have gotten some better variety along with the typical group. Along with that I feel that blazing blade would have satisfied older western fans who feel forgotten without being too out there because it had more reach prior to awakening.

There would have been tons of backlash for excluding Fates from Warriors. Fates and Awakening are the most successful games in the west by far, the FE fan of 2017 cares about those way more than anything else. 

Yeah, without expanding the roster to four games and limiting the character selection even further, this is probably the best it could be since, as they stated, you really need to put Marth in a Fire Emblem crossover. Even if he's not super popular, he is the mascot/original lord.

Edited by Arthur97