Koei Tecmo TGS Schedule includes Fire Emblem Warriors every day

The DanMan

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/koei-tecmo-announces-tgs-2017-lineup-stage-schedule

September 21st: 14:30 to 15:15 – Fire Emblem Warriors New Information Stage – In addition to live gameplay mixed with an introduction to the appeal of Fire Emblem Warriors, this stage will feature various new videos and information. It may even debut new hero(es) playable in the game. Featuring Yosuke Hayashi (producer), Hiroya Usuda (director), and special guest Masahiro Higuchi (Intelligent Systems).

September 22nd: 13:00 to 13:45 – Fire Emblem Warriors Gameplay Aplenty! Stage – Plenty of live gameplay from Fire Emblem Warriors with the producer and director. Additionally, this stage will be full of new information such as first-debut videos. Featuring Featuring Yosuke Hayashi (producer) and Hiroya Usuda (director).

September 23rd: 12:30 to 13:15 – A New Playable Hero!? Fire Emblem Warriors Special Stage – A new playable hero is announced. And a special guest is invited on board to deliver new information with the producer and director. Featuring Yosuke Hayashi (producer), Hiroya Usuda (director), and special guest Hikaru Midorikawa (Marth voice actor).

My tangentially related ramblings:

The fact they're going all out at TGS actually has me concerned. We figured we'd be getting a Direct right before release a la Hyurle Warriors, but this makes that seem incredibly unlikely. Which ties into another issue: promotion of the game has been heavily targeted at Japan. They've got the individual character gameplay trailers, and NOA/NOE haven't put out their own. Trailers at Events have only been cutscenes, with you having to seek out streams and individual uploads to get actual gameplay footage. Honestly, it feels like they're exclusively targeting Japan with the game while just throwing it out in the West and hoping it sells okay (something the Western release date reinforces). 

While Hyrule Warriors did surprisingly well, I expect FEW to just slide by. The fact we've seen journalists and critics echo the roster complaints also makes me think it will be used against the game in reviews-- I'm going to be surprised if it breaks 70 on metacritic. And the PR in generally has been very poorly done; I know I'm probably jumping the gun by saying this, but if the game fails they have only themselves to blame.

Edited by The DanMan

I hope that new playable hero is Ike! SD characters should already be announced by then, so who else would they go for so close to release?

And this should mean we'll finally see gameplay for Frederick and Leo who were skipped over in the demos! I hope!

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

Hide contents

Honestly, it feels like they're exclusively targeting Japan with the game while just throwing it out in the West and hoping it sells okay (something the Western release date reinforces).

Not trying to start anything here but this isn't some major revelation, you know. Fire Emblem isn't Pokemon and expecting a different attitude from the developers is absolutely unrealistic. As in, I'm not debating whether such an attitude is fine or not but anyone being surprised by this is just baffling.

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Hide contents

I know I'm probably jumping the gun by saying this, but if the game fails they have only themselves to blame.

Continuing my previous point, it has been obvious for a very long time now (and not in relation to just FEW specifically) that the developers don't care that much about this sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I hope that new playable hero is Ike! SD characters should already be announced by then, so who else would they go for so close to release?

tharja and azura double feature

a THIRD shadow dragon character

masked lucina

1 minute ago, Iridium said:

tharja and azura double feature

a THIRD shadow dragon character

masked lucina

A third SD character!? That's preposterous, we all know it'll only be Marth!

My guesses for who they'll announce?

Owain, Severa, Inigo, Odin, Selena, and Laslow of course. I also do agree on Masked Lucina.

/s

Just now, Iridium said:

You never know, we might get Prologue Marth and King Marth.

Completely true. Very rational choices, they're all pretty likely. Although I think they may be pushed to the side in favor of Einherjar Marth. They'd be missing out on a lot if they don't include him.

41 minutes ago, Pokechu said:

Completely true. Very rational choices, they're all pretty likely. Although I think they may be pushed to the side in favor of Einherjar Marth. They'd be missing out on a lot if they don't include him.

The real question is, which Einherjar Marth?

Y'all buggin. The REAL real question is, is Marth going to be able to promote? His starting class sets him as Lord, and in later games as Lodestar, for having already being a legend. Given that promotions are a thing, it'd be a little underwhelming if he was the only one who couldn't. Unless, of course, they're planning to set him up for something HUGE, come the game's climax, but otherwise....

2 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Y'all buggin. The REAL real question is, is Marth going to be able to promote? His starting class sets him as Lord, and in later games as Lodestar, for having already being a legend. Given that promotions are a thing, it'd be a little underwhelming if he was the only one who couldn't. Unless, of course, they're planning to set him up for something HUGE, come the game's climax, but otherwise....

Well, considering he, Chrom, Corrin, Xander and Ryoma all seem to provide the twins with the gems for the Fire Emblem, and from the looks of it, Marth's is the last one you get...plus SD is being saved for last...it's highly likely he's going to be involved in something major...

Why is this thread very fftf-like? Anywho. 

2 hours ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Not trying to start anything here but this isn't some major revelation, you know. Fire Emblem isn't Pokemon and expecting a different attitude from the developers is absolutely unrealistic. As in, I'm not debating whether such an attitude is fine or not but anyone being surprised by this is just baffling.

They think of Fire Emblem as one of their big series. They literally had a direct only on Fire Emblem and it showcased an announcement of a Switch game, Heroes, Echoes, and Warriors. 

It isn't Pokemon, but it is inexcusable how they have handled this. When your first group of characters announced are all sword characters (including 2 OCs), and then they say "we are only doing 11, 13, and 14 because if we did all of them, then we would have only sword characters", it leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. When you say it mostly has characters from Awakening, Fates.... and Shadow Dragon, but literally only one character from Shadow Dragon has been announced, that's an issue. If there only going to be characters from those 3 games, fine. But atleast make it look like it and not just 13 and 14 featuring Marth

12 minutes ago, Motendra said:

He may just get something akin his Smash look for a promotion or they could make something new. Now, whether his promote will have story relevance or be simply a gameplay thing, who knows. Actually, other than the twins, I doubt we'll have story promotes. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

He may just get something akin his Smash look for a promotion or they could make something new. Now, whether his promote will have story relevance or be simply a gameplay thing, who knows. Actually, other than the twins, I doubt we'll have story promotes. 

Even that'd be underwhelming, considering how at most, the only real difference is a breastplate. But then again, not ill-founded, considering how it wouldnt be the first its happened (see, Celica & Roy[?]). 'Course, I speak purely through aesthetic design in which case I hope they take after FE Cipher

37 minutes ago, Lau said:

Well, considering he, Chrom, Corrin, Xander and Ryoma all seem to provide the twins with the gems for the Fire Emblem, and from the looks of it, Marth's is the last one you get...plus SD is being saved for last...it's highly likely he's going to be involved in something major...

Here's hoping.

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

His promotion will BE Lodestar.

(I'm just guessing.)

It's odd, but there does seem to be a more limp-wristed attempt to market this entry compared to Hyrule Warriors first iteration back on the Wii U. We could argue logistics all day (Zelda being more established in the West, Wii U having less momentum at the time, what have you), but the fact remains that DanMan is right; there's been no western trailers with gameplay, no individual spotlights, not even any shorter trailers for social media or other commercial advertisements. It's odd that after the big push they've done this year to bring FIre Emblem up as third spoke in the in-house Nintendo line that this would be the game (one that people were clamoring for even before Hyrule Warriors was released the first time) where they lose their nerve...

The fact that it's not getting a lot of advertisement in the west saddens me, as this was my most wanted cross-over for Fire Emblem.

I think it's due to it not being a main title, and I think it happens more often than we think. Take Pokemon for example. I barely saw any advertisment for Pokemon Conquest, nor the earlier Mystery Dungeon games. In fact, I think it was only with Super Mystery Dungeon that they truly started advertising them.

NoA and Europe could be banking on the New 3DS sales, or even just core fans, idk. It sucks though...

21 minutes ago, Lau said:

The fact that it's not getting a lot of advertisement in the west saddens me, as this was my most wanted cross-over for Fire Emblem.

I think it's due to it not being a main title, and I think it happens more often than we think. Take Pokemon for example. I barely saw any advertisment for Pokemon Conquest, nor the earlier Mystery Dungeon games. In fact, I think it was only with Super Mystery Dungeon that they truly started advertising them.

NoA and Europe could be banking on the New 3DS sales, or even just core fans, idk. It sucks though...

The straw that broke the camel's back for me is that they're doing a big news blowout at TGS instead of an international Direct-- that is incredibly telling. The marketing and PR for the game have both been very poor.

1 hour ago, Lau said:

I recall plenty of ads for mystery dungeon and conquest, I remember websites advertising it and tv spots,  but what is FEW getting? Very little as far as the west is concerned and the common player is going to have a hard time even knowing that the game hasn't been canceled let alone actually going out and getting it, it almost feels like they are embarrassed about it and I don't even see why.

47 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I recall plenty of ads for mystery dungeon and conquest, I remember websites advertising it and tv spots,  but what is FEW getting? Very little as far as the west is concerned and the common player is going to have a hard time even knowing that the game hasn't been canceled let alone actually going out and getting it, it almost feels like they are embarrassed about it and I don't even see why.

It's already supplanted the fact that a proper Fire Emblem game is in development in some people's eyes, meaning that they're writing it off for being a brainless beat-em-up and mocking fans that the series proper is still 'trapped' on handhelds...