Upcoming GHB: Black Knight?

Lord_Grima

In the Live-Action trailer for the Brave Heroes (and the news on the main page of Serenes), it is hinted that the Black Knight would come as a future GHB. If you pause the video at the end, I found this image. 

Spoiler

59a9d124f39fb_GHBBlackKnight.JPG.a6996aaeaf49dead33747d924a2977ca.JPG

This image confirms that the Black Knight will come in a GHB soon. The map is revealed here, but not all the enemy placements. Roy and Lucina are wounded and there are only two units left(and no GHB has only two enemy units), the Black Knight and an archer, so that means that this is in the middle of the battle. So, we can't see the Black Knight's full team.

Edited by Lord_Grima

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the BK appears on a later turn of the battle? Like in Chapter 11 of PoR. As you say, there's already been some combat but the BK is at full health and standing at the house he appears from in PoR.

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Can we visit those houses for some free items?

We haven't encountered any NPC characters in this game. Somebody has to pay the Hero Tax.

Yea, the wiki says we should get Killer Lance, Dracoshield, and Elwind.  Too bad Killer Lance got powercreeped (or whatever you want to call it).

Also the boss has a master seal so free promotion.

Edited by Lushen

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The main thing I'm wondering about is if Black Knight's Alondite is a Distant Counter weapon.

It should be. Makes sense for it to parallel Ragnell, since it does in the games.

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The main thing I'm wondering about is if Black Knight's Alondite is a Distant Counter weapon.

If he spawns there he's ranged unit bait, and that seems too fishy that there is a wall you can use as a shield...

Edited by mcsilas

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Or if he has the Distant Counter skill :o

Nah, they wouldn't just hand that out to F2P players.

Shout outs to me pulling the trigger on promoting Zephiel a day before the Live action trailer came out. Zephiel is awesome, sure, but I totally would have waited to see if Alondite had DC, or anything better than Eckesachs' Threaten Def 2. 

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Or if he has the Distant Counter skill :o

Nah, they wouldn't just hand that out to F2P players.

Shout outs to me pulling the trigger on promoting Zephiel a day before the Live action trailer came out. Zephiel is awesome, sure, but I totally would have waited to see if Alondite had DC, or anything better than Eckesachs' Threaten Def 2. 

Brave Lyn will still be able to kite him for days. 

I promoted my Zephiel ages ago and I don't regret that one but. Deathblow Brave Sword Zephiel is a blast. I'm glad I ultimately decided to give my spare Hector to Effie, considering BK likely has built-in DC.

Edited by NekoKnight

37 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Brave Lyn will still be able to kite him for days. 

Not sure how it works exactly, but if the Black Knight comes with Nihil, wouldn't he be able to negate Sacae's Blessing?

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Not sure how it works exactly, but if the Black Knight comes with Nihil, wouldn't he be able to negate Sacae's Blessing?

If Nihil cancels out B skills, sure. I wouldn't put it past them to do this, actually. They probably know that everyone is going to pack a Brave Lyn so that would be a proper counter. It would also be themantically appropriate because it would counter vanilla Ike's default Swordbreaker.

13 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Well considering I'm pretty sure that that skill's heroes effect is completely theoretical (and that I don't think the exact effect is obvious) I'm going to have to say it depends entirely on what you'd think Nihil would even do. Though we do have evidence to what it most likely can't be I believe. (GHB units you fight have all their playable skills right?) 

There's some leaked footage of the upcoming Black Knight GHB.

Spoiler

It's nice to see Arthur being useful.  Some say he's not good for anything other than Skill Fodder, but we know better.

11 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

If Nihil cancels out B skills, sure. I wouldn't put it past them to do this, actually. They probably know that everyone is going to pack a Brave Lyn so that would be a proper counter. It would also be themantically appropriate because it would counter vanilla Ike's default Swordbreaker.

After CA and Sacae's Blessing being counters to individual skills, "negate all B skills" would be way too much.

He could have Guard, though.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

After CA and Sacae's Blessing being counters to individual skills, "negate all B skills" would be way too much.

They could have a skill like Urvan that reduces subsequent attacks by 80%.

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There's some leaked footage of the upcoming Black Knight GHB.

Reveal hidden contents

It's nice to see Arthur being useful.  Some say he's not good for anything other than Skill Fodder, but we know better.

He'd have more of a case if he actually won the fight though. And regardless a single Ni that get's charged up takes him down like a castle built in a swamp plus the holy hand grenade of antioch charges at the rate you could cut a tree down with a herring, I think the top tier reaches of Tim, the French units and that furry fellow from Caerbannog are pretty safe. That said I do think he's still very good and he'll be even better once they release fruit-breaker, (I've heard they're going to release a training vid and everything) only thing he'd have to fear then is pointed sticks. 

Edited by goodperson707

8 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Considering Zephiel's GHB and that none of the generic knights having Distant Counter allowed for people to just kite him and his goons, I doubt the developers want the Black Knight to be easy to defeat.

8 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Well considering I'm pretty sure that that skill's heroes effect is completely theoretical (and that I don't think the exact effect is obvious) I'm going to have to say it depends entirely on what you'd think Nihil would even do. Though we do have evidence to what it most likely can't be I believe. (GHB units you fight have all their playable skills right?) 

It does assume he even will have the skill. Also, GHB units have all their playable skills with Infernal giving them more skills like apparently Lloyd gets Sturdy Blow 2 and I distinctly remember Berkut having Vantage 3. I'm not sure if any GHB modifies a unit's skills and Legion doesn't count when the original is there alongside his copies with different skills.

In a way, Heroes already have specific Nihil skills; Hardy Bearing is like a Desperation and Vantage Nihil and Sacae's Blessing is like a Distant Counter Nihil. Also, Beorc's Blessing is kind of like Parity.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

The thing is that Cancel Affinity, Sacae's Blessing, and Beorc's Blessing for that matter don't have a HP limit. Neither do Dazzling Staff and Wrathful Staff when they're at level 3, but that's kind of different. Anyway, Nihil should which would make it more manageable. A -breaker or Wary Fighter range of >= 50% could work, Quick Riposte 3's >= 70% might be safer, and Guard 3's >= 80% might be too harsh. Maybe even a -boost and -sweep style of stat checking could work.

So it is highly likely that the Black Knight will be a GHB, but also due to people scouring the Heroes website (maybe datamining it IDK) we also have a sprite of Nephenee, https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/6x4m97/the_black_knight_and_nephenee_found_on_the_feh/
so if that is true, then I've seen some speculation on her being a tempest trial unit. If so I'd be so hype (hyped for Nephenee either way) as it would mean my top 3 favorite fire emblem characters are in heroes, with Cordelia, Nephenee, and Amelia (now summoning them is a different story, as I've still yet to get Amelia).

51 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I'm 300% sure it's a GHB with a banner featuring Nephenee, Mia, Ilyana and another character.

They haven't done a banner along with a battle since like, Camus or something.