Upcoming GHB: Black Knight?

Lord_Grima

I agree that a RD banner is less likely than a PoR one since the GHB comes from PoR and Nephenee's sprite is based on her Soldier look from PoR, not her Halberdier look which is her starting class in RD. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For a RD banner, Micaiah is a definite staff user. Sothe is even more attached to her than Soren is to Ike (and the connection is creepier- he ends up marrying the girl who used to be his mother/big sister, then ended up becoming his wife), hopefully he'll be a good, and rare, addition to the Dagger pool. If we stick with a standard 4 char banner, I'd say Edward and Da Vinci fill up the other two slots, but Nolan would add more to things. 

I'd vote for Nolan over Leonardo, since if they make Micaiah a blue tome user, we'd have 1 unit for every color, which I always like. Makes color sniping easier. 

I still have nightmare from trying to pull Katarina and getting 4 Luke before seeing a single one.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

Well, Innes and Takumi. Niles doesn't start out as a sniper. There really isn't a fourth one for it, as far as I know.

Takumi doesn't start as a sniper either. Although he can promote to one, while Niles does not normally have access to that class.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Takumi doesn't start as a sniper either. Although he can promote to one, while Niles can't.

Oh shit, you're right. For some reason I was convinced Takumi started as a sniper since Leo starts as a Dark Knight, plus I only really like Conquest of the Fates games so I'm more used to him as an enemy unit.

1 hour ago, Eleanore said:

Well, Innes and Takumi. Niles doesn't start out as a sniper. There really isn't a fourth one for it, as far as I know.

Well Python's personality type might be suitable enough to round out an abrasive Archer group.

I like Shinon, though he's utter trash in PoR gameplay-wise, but very solid in RD. He is a rather irrational Ike-hater as he admits, and he is a bigot, but he is pretty complex for an FE character. He admires Greil, admits to not minding working with Titania at all, keeps Gatrie from suffering too much from his gullibility, serves as Rolf's mentor and wants to protect all children from war. Even his bigotry and Ike-dislike are interesting in the sense they make him stand out from everyone else, and the former proves that not everyone in the player's army is a moral paragon. Plus his Janaff support is a more realistic approach to overcoming racism than other supports have been on other issues. Shinon magically doesn't stop being racist, but does make what is clear improvement, it teases me so much the way it ends.

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Neph could be blue, Brom green, Callil red...now we just need a colorless!

Heathe- oh wait, she's RD darn it! Well they could make Neph a Colorless (her Brom support mentions her originally having to share a bow with another girl in the militia). Brom then uses a lance for Blue, and Largo gets to be Green- free butter for everyone who pulls him! (Just don't pull on his right arm- it's sensitive.)

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well Python's personality type might be suitable enough to round out an abrasive Archer group.

I like Shinon, though he's utter trash in PoR gameplay-wise, but very solid in RD. He is a rather irrational Ike-hater as he admits, and he is a bigot, but he is pretty complex for an FE character. He admires Greil, admits to not minding working with Titania at all, keeps Gatrie from suffering too much from his gullibility, serves as Rolf's mentor and wants to protect all children from war. Even his bigotry and Ike-dislike are interesting in the sense they make him stand out from everyone else, and the former proves that not everyone in the player's army is a moral paragon. Plus his Janaff support is a more realistic approach to overcoming racism than other supports have been on other issues. Shinon magically doesn't stop being racist, but does make what is clear improvement, it teases me so much the way it ends.

Yeah, Python is more mellow in his abrasiveness, but considering the lack of options, I'd go for it.

I really like Shinon as a character too, though even in RD he's always been outclassed by Rolf for me. At least he's good in the early PoR maps for standing around and attracting enemies. I love how they gave him the "piss enemies off" skill. But like personality-wise he's also just a FUN douchebag. I wouldn't want to actually hang out with him, but he's entertaining to watch.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Heathe- oh wait, she's RD darn it! Well they could make Neph a Colorless (her Brom support mentions her originally having to share a bow with another girl in the militia). Brom then uses a lance for Blue, and Largo gets to be Green- free butter for everyone who pulls him! (Just don't pull on his right arm- it's sensitive.)

Eh, Neph's sprite clearly has a killer lance so she's pretty much confirmed blue. I still say that we go for Heather, it's not like it HAVE to be PoR-themed and not just Tellius in general.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Calill can get a dagger.

Would seem very strange, though. She's known as a magic user.

Red Calill / blue Nephenee / green Brom / colorless Volke could work. Volke is a bit random, but so was Athena. (And of course color balance is optional anyway.)

Just now, Othin said:

Would seem very strange, though. She's known as a magic user.

She's also the only magic user in FE9 to be forced to have a dagger as a secondary weapon.

It's also half meant to be a joke as it wouldn't be accurate to turn her into a staffbot.

So if there is a new Tellius banner, is it possible that they could just have some units from Radiant Dawn and some units from Path of Radiance in the same banner? 

(I dunno, I'm grasping at straws here, I hope we get a Radiant Dawn Banner and not Path of Radiance just because I want Sothe and Micaiah)

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Calill can get a dagger.

Calill is a sage in PoR and fire sage in RD. Potential red mage... No, don't do this to me! I need more red mages!

Anyway, would having the Knife skill justify any of the sages in PoR having Close Counter as their A-slot skill? Having too many units coming in with Close/Distant Counter might not be good, but it could be neat if there were more than just Hector and Takumi for those skills.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She's also the only magic user in FE9 to be forced to have a dagger as a secondary weapon.

It's also half meant to be a joke as it wouldn't be accurate to turn her into a staffbot.

Bastian also was forced into knives, actually.

4 hours ago, Eleanore said:

Eh, Neph's sprite clearly has a killer lance so she's pretty much confirmed blue.

Why give her a Killer Lance after the introduction of Slayer Weapons?

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why give her a Killer Lance after the introduction of Slayer Weapons?

It's a Slaying Lance. The handle is blue, like the other Slaying weapons, and unlike the Killer Lance.

Whelp my bad, I've been away from the game for some time and I was just looking at the blade. In any case, she's a lance user.

...Is it bad that I would actually LIKE Calill and Bastian to be knife users? I always liked knife sages as a concept even if they sucked using, but in Heroes they could just be good knife units.

24 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

...Is it bad that I would actually LIKE Calill and Bastian to be knife users? I always liked knife sages as a concept even if they sucked using, but in Heroes they could just be good knife units.

It would actually be kind of cool to give them magic weapons corresponding to their canon specialization: Fire Dagger for Calill and Wind Dagger for Bastian. Counts as the corresponding tome type in terms of damage and weapon triangle, but counts as a dagger otherwise. (Kind of competitively useless, though.)

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It would actually be kind of cool to give them magic weapons corresponding to their canon specialization: Fire Dagger for Calill and Wind Dagger for Bastian. Counts as the corresponding tome type in terms of damage and weapon triangle, but counts as a dagger otherwise. (Kind of competitively useless, though.)

Nah, for the full Dagger-User™ experience they should be 1 range units rather than 2 range, and the best dagger should have a MT of 2.