Here's an idea for FE9 and 10.

ViceTOLUCT

I got an idea for a FE9 and 10 remake!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should a future Telltaleius remake have the ability to grind for items and EXP in the tower of guidance?

• Yes.
    • No.

I feel like the bonus exp is enough, and if you're low on funds then tough luck should have planned better, though if they did get remade dlc would definitely be there so sadly it appears so. But honestly beyond the dlc, I feel like grinding in these two games in particular doesn't work, let's just make every level up perfect and enemies always miss while you always get crits while we're at it. These games are meant to hard(ish), and while the difficulty may turn people away from them, they were designed for experienced players and meant to be hard (at least with RD, PoR is the easier version of the two) and doing something to take away that part of their identity just seems wrong. But meh, even though I personally wouldn't like it as the bexp works well enough and it's how the games were originally meant to be, if it was added in a remake or whatever I would probably use it to get everyone up to level 20 promoted.

Edited by LucarioGamer812

It's not really needed. The bonus experience does its job well enough.

These 2 games in particular throws a lot of powerful units at you, especially FE10, so if you can't beat a level, then you can try using different units. If you're already using powerful units and having a hard time, then maybe you should plan better.

But really, it's not necessary in this FE, nor is it for most FEs.

I'm assuming it's a joke thread, otherwise this thread would be in the section where it belongs to.
Even if this is serious, I'd decline this idea since you normally would come along with the bexp.
I know units like Laura, Tormod and Vika would cry for this idea, but it would make way more sense to give them higher bases / autolevel them when they return.

4 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Sacred Stones isn't exactly a ten out of ten game either.

At least every character is usable. Maybe you should play it more.

PoR is tied with SS for me. I loved PoR so much. I got so hyped to play RD and when I finally did it was just a huge letdown. There are just so many problems with the game.

28 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

At least every character is usable. Maybe you should play it more.

After extensive Tower grinding, yes. It also helps that the FE8 enemies are garbage statwise, even on Hard. Oh, and you can use anyone in RD, just not on all difficulties.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Just now, NinjaMonkey said:

After extensive Tower grinding, yes. It also helps that the FE8 enemies are garbage statwise, even on Hard.

Nope, no tower needed. You're talking to someone who mostly plays LTC and Drafts for FE8.

RDs hard enemies is pretty bad game design. They have to give you literally invincible units like Nailah, BK, and Tauroneo to deal with them which makes units like Meg, Fiona, and Volug completely pointless to train. Plus there are so many units in your party one chapter and out the next. It makes the game completely unenjoyable without prior knowledge going into it.

19 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Nope, no tower needed. You're talking to someone who mostly plays LTC and Drafts for FE8.

I take it you never used Amelia, then.

RDs hard enemies is pretty bad game design. They have to give you literally invincible units like Nailah, BK, and Tauroneo to deal with them which makes units like Meg, Fiona, and Volug completely pointless to train. 

You don't get any of those until late in Part 1 (a fact that you've conveniently glossed over).

It makes the game completely unenjoyable without prior knowledge going into it.

First of all, this is subjective. Secondly, you have to beat Normal to unlock Hard, therefore you won't lack prior knowledge will you?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I take it you never used Amelia, then.

LTC no. Drafts allow her to be promoted to Tier 1 in the tower. On casual play there is no difficulty in training her

3 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

You don't get any of those until late in Part 1 (a fact that you conveniently glossed over).

You get Tauroneo in the very next map after getting Meg. Then he leaves your party before coming back again. How is a first time player supposed to deal with something like that?

6 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

First of all, this is subjective. Secondly, you have to beat Normal to unlock Hard, therefore you won't lack prior knowledge will you?

Every problem with this game exists on easy and normal as well.

4 hours ago, Hawk King said:

RDs hard enemies is pretty bad game design. They have to give you literally invincible units like Nailah, BK, and Tauroneo to deal with them which makes units like Meg, Fiona, and Volug completely pointless to train. Plus there are so many units in your party one chapter and out the next. It makes the game completely unenjoyable without prior knowledge going into it.

The enemies in hard mode aren't entirely bad. As for the DB at least they're still really tough, if you want to use the DB relevant units. HM laguz have up to +7 attack thanks to having S strike. If you're using the OP units like Nailah or Tormod, you'll be fucked in part 3 for sure because you won't have a tank unless Volug who needs at least two turns to be usable in combat (if you bought the olivi grass in 1-8).