Is there a tier list for this game?

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Nomah looks surprisingly fitting as a Baron actually.

I know right? It's too bad he's on Celica's route though.

SoV is one of those YMMV kind of games

and it really depends on how well your characters grow

and if you consider reclassing, alongside the villagers

for me I found Valbar to be the best unit on Celica's route once he became a barron, and I then made him into a dread fighter

Clive went from a mediocore unit on Alm's side once I reclassed him to dread fighter, and then into a bowkinght

if you can do it, make every guy into a dreadfighter, the merc class fixes any issues a character may have

On 9/4/2017 at 1:43 AM, Captain Karnage said:

SoV is one of those YMMV kind of games

and it really depends on how well your characters grow

and if you consider reclassing, alongside the villagers

for me I found Valbar to be the best unit on Celica's route once he became a barron, and I then made him into a dread fighter

Clive went from a mediocore unit on Alm's side once I reclassed him to dread fighter, and then into a bowkinght

if you can do it, make every guy into a dreadfighter, the merc class fixes any issues a character may have

Well, with any list usually the average stats get utilized since, like always, it depends on how your characters grow. Nothing is stopping one person from having a playthrough where Silaque gets every stat on a level-up just as much as the converse. Personally I'd outlaw village spork usage for a tier list as well as all DLC (except the ciphers since that's the only way to get certain characters). The villager-units would likely need to be tiered following each of their individual classes; and that's gonna make it extra annoying for ones who can be recruited on both paths... but it most certainly can be done.

For the sake of cutting down on tedium, the villagers need only be tiered in classes they have a serious argument in becoming. No Tobin!Knight or Gray!Mage.

And I agree Kliff at least need not really be considered for Celica's route, though Faye maybe because Cleric for Physic and Rescue. Kilff as a Mage will be outdone by Celica and Mae (plus Sonya if you pick her), you've a boatload of Mercs, Leon and likely Atlas for bow users, Knight is a laugh and handled by Valbar for the little time you need it, and Cav doesn't contribute much to Celica's path. Faye needn't be considered as a Mage or Cav for the same reasons, and you'll have 3 other choices for a Pegasus Knight.

I would want to include the Cipher DLC 4 in a tier list (with early Act 3 recruitment), but being DLC they'd have to be given parenthetical slots at best.

12 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Personally, I think it ain't worth recruiting Faye and Kliff into Celica's party - neither of them would stand out in any worthwhile way.

I could see the argument that Celica sorely needs Archers and cavaliers (with Atlas as her only canon Villager, I usually have him in either class to support either Leon or Conrad). I wouldn't leave Kliff, but I might leave Faye once so that I can have her as a Cavalier in Celica's Route just so I have 2 of each.

45 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

I could see the argument that Celica sorely needs Archers and cavaliers (with Atlas as her only canon Villager, I usually have him in either class to support either Leon or Conrad). I wouldn't leave Kliff, but I might leave Faye once so that I can have her as a Cavalier in Celica's Route just so I have 2 of each.

What really dissuades me from thinking it's worth it is the fact they're going to be horrifically underleveled.

It's perfectly fine if Faye/Kliff get ranked low on a Celicia route run, but I do feel that a tier list for a game should do its best to include every character. I also feel it isn't fair to go 'well Alm could really use Faye/Kliff more, so let's put them at the bottom of the list' since, should the player recruit them, they may not be at the bottom. It's part of why I added that in my tier list FAQ (among other things like Ilyana in RD and the sibling split path in SS). Because saying 'well Faye's better off paired with Silaque instead of Genny so, even though she'd be very useful due to anew, she's ranked low.' isn't really fair or accurate for tiering.