Favorite Starting Band of Characters

Favorite Starting Band of Characters  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Starting Group?

• The Original 7 (everyone who joins in FE1/11 C1)
    • The Villagers of Ram
    • The Quartet of Novis (plus Saber and Nomah)
    • The Knights of Chalphy (and everyone else who joins in the Prologue)
    • The Fiana Freeblades (C1 recruits plus Nanna and Marita)
    • The Knights of Pherae
    • Lyndis's Legion
    • The Original Knights of Pherae (plus the Hector quartet)
    • Everyone who joins in SS up to C8
    • The Greil Mercenaries
    • The Dawn Brigade
    • The Altean 7th Platoon (almost forgot them)
    • The Shepherds (including the honorary member Virion!)
    • The- does Fates have any? (The mandatory Fates option)
    • The whatever Heroes has (the Heroes option)

I can't really decide between the Greil Mercenaries and the Ram Villagers. I personally despise Shinon, but otherwise, the rest of the guys definitely have that "co-worker family" feel. I like the bit of competitiveness between Ike and Boyd, and I like Titania's role as second-in-charge.

On the other hand, Ram Village has a nice group too; while Faye is sorta "ehh" for me as a deconstruction of an obsessive crusher, you can also tell these guys are long-time buds. Gray is a definite favorite with his personality and his conversations with Alm and Tobin.

Huh, funny; both groups have a character voiced by Kyle McCarley. :P

Edited by NoirCore

I went with the Knights of Chalphy, mainly because I really like Sigurd, Lex, and Quan, Finn and Ethlyn. Not that the others are all that bad either. I kinda wish the Rebellion of Isaach was an option, because that's pretty much my true favorite, since everyone plays off each other rather well, and the selection of characters are amongst my favorites in Gen 2.

I voted for the Knights of Chalphy. The prologue in FE4 is one of my favorite chapters and the music really fits a bunch of knights performing their duty. I felt like there was a lot of fun in getting all the knights together for the first mission and how some of them came to help from their own countries.

Definitely the Greil Mercenaries. Titania, Oscar, Ike, Boyd, Soren, Shinon, and Gatrie? I'm sold, Oscar is my cinnamon roll and Titania is my favorite pre-promote ever (Frederick almost beats her). Although a close second would be the Shepherds. I enjoyed how they didn't make each other angry even though a lot of them had directly contrasting personalities. If I was Miriel, I would have lit Vaike on fire by now -_-

Fates' changes depending on the game. In Conquest... there's basically no one except Corrin and one of his retainers, though it could be argued that Silas, Elise, and her retainers are part of the starting group. Birthright has Kaze, Sakura, and Rinkah.

But my favorite would be the Ram villagers. They're fun, funny, and I enjoy most all of their characters. Shout out to Tobin and Grey's relationship, as well as Lukas himself.