The Nonary Game: A Zero Escape Forum game- Join

Flee Fleet!

Hi. I'm doing a Nonary Game, as the title suggests.

Okay, first of all, I need 9 players to join the game, as well as 2-3 backups if one of the players has to leave the game for some reason. I will also need a backup host, if there comes a chance that I have to leave the game.

The rules:

Spoiler

- Each player starts with an assigned number bracelet, which can not be altered. 

- Each player's bracelet also shows their BP (Bracelet Points). Every player starts with 5 BP.

- If a player's BP reaches zero or less, they will be unable to participate in any Puzzle Room unless they form a group with someone who does have BP, or are able to increase their BP just before the Room Phase.

- If a player's BP reaches 9 or more, they will be able to open the exit door and escape. The exit door will only open once, therefore all players who have 9 BP or more will escape together.

- Each player's primary goal is to leave through the exit. However, some players (or even all the players) may have more objectives than just escaping. If all objectives are complete (including escaping), then you win. And if you only escape, or complete one other objective...well.....you sort of won, and sort of lost.

- If Zero escapes through the exit door, everyone else will lose the game.

- There are five phases in this game: The Voting Phase, the Room Phase, the Gambling Phase, the Lynching Phase, and the Rest Phase.

The Voting Phase:

Spoiler

- Every time this phase starts, some numbered doors will appear. 

- To enter a numbered door, the digital root of all players' bracelets wishing to enter that door must equal the number of that door.

- Only 3-5 players can enter a numbered door.

- The players must form the groups and present it as an option, like this:

Option A: 

9+8+7= 6

1+4+5= 1

3+2+6= 2

- After the groups are made, the players must vote for an option. All players will go along with the option that gets the highest vote, and then the next phase will start.

The Room Phase:

Spoiler

- You will all enter a room in which you must complete a puzzle to proceed. An intercom will be present in every room so that players are still able to talk in the main thread, despite being in different rooms.

- All actions that are to be done in a room (such as examining something in the room, solving a puzzle, or talking to someone you're with in the room) will be done through PM with me (I'l just add all players in a room in a conversation with me, instead of PM'ing everyone separately).

The Gambling Phase:

Spoiler

- You’re all divided into three (for example) groups. We’ll call these Groups A, B, and C 
- Each one of you must gamble a certain amount of your BP. You can gamble all of it or none of it if you want, but if you give it all away then it’s more than likely you won’t have any for future gambling phases, and you won't be able to participate in other rooms.
- When you gamble your own BP, it gets added to your group total. The group that has the least amount of BP gambled is put up for lynching.
-To gamble a certain amount of BP, PM it to me.
- Lynching occurs after this phase. Everybody will vote on whom to lynch, with the only candidates being those who were members of the group that gambled the lowest amount of BP.
- If there is a tie for last between groups, then we follow plurality rules based on the last person who gambled.
- If nobody in a group bets any BP, then the entire group is penalized.

The Lynching Phase:

Spoiler

- Vote one of the players from the group that gambled the lowest amount of BP. The player that gets lynched will have all their belongings, including their bracelet, drop on the floor for anyone to take. Oh, and they lose too.

- If a player was killed before the lynching phase, then the lynch can be avoided. This means that voting "No Lynch" is possible. 

- The reason to lynch is to prevent a bomb (placed by Zero, of course) from blowing up. Further details of this bomb will be explained once players actually get to see it.

The Rest Phase: 

Spoiler

- After the Lynching Phase, all players will be transported to a room where the exit door is present. Here they can discuss whatever they want, ask any questions, and if they have 9 BP or more, escape.

- This is the only phase with a time limit, which is 24 hours (or 2 days, if you guys want, due to timezone differences and stuff like that).

Additional things:

Spoiler

- Write /action to perform an action (e.g. /action I want to eat). Actions can be PM'ed to me as well, if you don't want others to know.

- If you want to talk to another player privately about anything concerning the game, PM it to me first, and I'll add all players who want to talk privately with each other in a conversation with me.

- I won't be online for 6 days, starting from 18th September, and I will probably be more busy after that because of school and studies. That is why I would like a backup host. A dead player can also be a backup host, if they want.

- Role playing is allowed if you guys want to do it.

- English is not my first language, so I may make grammatical mistakes, or cause confusion. If I do, please notify me and I'll correct it.

- This game would probably take at least a month to end. 

- BP is increased by 1 point for every player after each lynching phase (considering that they haven't been lynched). 

- BP of dead players can be added to your own BP if you take their bracelet. And you can use their bracelet for opening doors too.

Hmm, well, I think that's about it. Just write /join if you want to join. And if you have any questions, please do tell.

Current Players:

1. MadJak91

2. OrangePerson

3. Clarine

Edited by Flee Fleet!

• Flee Fleet! changed the title to The Nonary Game: A Zero Escape Forum game- Join

/join

I played similar forum games only like twice because I always effed up some rule so I apologize in advance. I will try :D
My time can be limited due to workload but this does not look that time consuming.

3 hours ago, MadJak91 said:

I played similar forum games only like twice because I always effed up some rule so I apologize in advance. I will try :D

It's okay. I'm a newbie at hosting, so I will probably mess up at times as well.

1 hour ago, OrangePerson said:

/join

not exactly danganronpa but this will do

Could you please explain the voting phase better?

Basically, in the voting phase, any player, or players, use digital root calculations to show which players will go through which door, thus making a group. The groups are presented as an option, which should be named (e.g. Option A, Option Zero). Players then vote on which option they think is best, and the option with the majority of votes will be the decided groups for the next phase.  For Example:

Player 2 makes Option A and Player 5 makes Option B. 

The rest of the players will now vote one of these options (simply write vote Option X). Option A got 2 votes while Option B got 3 votes.

When the next phase starts, the groups will be made according to Option B. Hopefully I explained it properly. 

This seems somewhat intresting, so why not? I'll /join the fun!

I got most of the rules (I think), but there's one thing I don't really get about the voting phase. I understand the whole presenting options and voting for them, but what do you mean by:

On 5-9-2017 at 10:39 AM, Flee Fleet! said:

To enter a numbered door, the digital root of all players' bracelets wishing to enter that door must equal the number of that door.

Is this just a fancy way of saying we need to decide who goes through which door, or is there some restriction on who we can sent to which door?

Edited by Bartozio

3 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Is this just a fancy way of saying we need to decide who goes through which door, or is there some restriction on who we can sent to which door?

There is a little restriction on who goes through which doors, depending on what the number of the doors are and which numbered bracelets the players have:

The digital root (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_root if you want to know what it is), using 3 to 5 bracelets, must be equal to the number on a door in order to open it. For example, if you want to enter the door with the number 5, and the only bracelets you have is 6, 7, and 2, you won't be able to open it. This is because the digital root of 6, 7, and 2 would be:

6+2+7 = 15 = 1+5 = 6

However, there are going to be 9 players so making groups won't be that difficult. 

6 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

There is a little restriction on who goes through which doors, depending on what the number of the doors are and which numbered bracelets the players have:

The digital root (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_root if you want to know what it is), using 3 to 5 bracelets, must be equal to the number on a door in order to open it. For example, if you want to enter the door with the number 5, and the only bracelets you have is 6, 7, and 2, you won't be able to open it. This is because the digital root of 6, 7, and 2 would be:

6+2+7 = 15 = 1+5 = 6

However, there are going to be 9 players so making groups won't be that difficult. 

Ah okay, I understand now.

I don't care to much about there being a restriction (in fact it sounds fun), just wanted to know what it was :P

22 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I don't care to much about there being a restriction (in fact it sounds fun), just wanted to know what it was :P

Well, like I said, there would be little restriction.

....However, the main problem would be convincing all the players to vote for an option, heh heh.

posting this again so this doesn't die. 

Also, I will probably give youtube links to Zero Escape (and possibly Danganronpa) OST. To set the mood.

Edited by Flee Fleet!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 0:49 PM, 「Nil」 said:

It's been ten days, so wishful thinking,

I wasn't online due to being on vacation, which is why I didn't post in this topic for a week.

Oh well. Welcome to the Nonary Game!

On 9/28/2017 at 2:48 AM, Flee Fleet! said:

I wasn't online due to being on vacation, which is why I didn't post in this topic for a week.

Oh well. Welcome to the Nonary Game!

Ah! Well, I hope it was a good vacation. I look forward to the Nonary Game.

• 4 weeks later...