Sakura and Male Corrin Confirmed

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

But they specifically said female Robin wouldn't be in the story mode. And it makes more sense given the duality of Fates and how each Corrin was associated with one family.

Just because it could make sense doesn't mean it's a good move. At the end of the day, both Corrin and Robin  are avatar characters, marketed with both genders. Going full choice with one pair while leaving the other only as a costume is going to make a chunk of the fandom really mad and disappointed. You can just say "F!Robin is a costume lol" and then go "Corn gets full cutscenes and dialogue times two, cause themes and stuff." without alienating the Awakening fanbase.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty neutral on this, despite liking Sakura and preferring m!Corrin's design to f!Corrin's. Probably because I'm completely burnt out on Fates reveals; in hindsight, choosing to reveal the majority of the roster from each game in large chunks like this was a terrible idea.

33 minutes ago, Thany said:

nah, theres defedently going to be more swords if theres any hope for marth having ANY allies appear before the game starts

Each game's roster comes from early in the game, not before it. Since that seems to indicate around chapter 6 in Fates and Chapter 7 in Awakening, there's plenty of non-swordie allies of Marth's for them to choose from: Gordin, Draug, Cain and Abel, Hardin, Caeda, Matthis, Wrys, Lena, Barst, etc. etc.

Edited by AzureSen
I hate Matthis so much I forgot how to spell his name

31 minutes ago, Thany said:

nah, theres defedently going to be more swords if theres any hope for marth having ANY allies appear before the game starts

or else its just gonna be a game about marth going through the future.

I...feel the prevalence of swords might be overexaggerated

List of every sword main in Shadow Dragon. (Units more proficient with another weapon excluded)

Marth
Cain
Ogma
Julian
Navarre
Rickard
Athena
Caesar
Radd
Astram

That's 10 sword mains of 22 swordsmen in a cast of 59. While I don't doubt the chances of one of Cain / Ogma / Navarre getting in, the idea that Marth has next to no non-sword-wielding friends is a little silly to me. And hey, there's the off-chance that all 9 swords mains not named Marth get axed so he can pull from the pool of his other 49 friends. :p

4 hours ago, RotomGuy said:

I appreciate the effort they went to in removing the little sisters from that one cutscene.

Making a rendered scene with two character models set to not render is pretty simple, especially if it's for a snippet like a trailer.

Coolio. Tho if they're going with the duality present with the two Corrins then would it be safe to assume that Male Corrin promotes to Hoshido Noble and Female Corrin to Nohr Noble?

1 hour ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

inb4 Ogma and Navarre

YES PLZ

It's nice to see the confirmation, Sakura is my favourite Hoshidan royal so I'm glad she got her spot (plus bows are my favourite weapons in games - so archer variety is welcome to me) - I guess the next roster update on the JP website will have a trailer for both Sakura and M!Corrin.
And with these two in I've basically secured Co-op playing this with my brother - Sakura is his favourite BR character so that makes me extra happy.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Just saw this on Gamefaqs. Appears to be a leaked page: goes over class change and pretty much confirms our first villain character:

Hide contents

jJUwfAK.jpg

Validar!? That's pretty big news! Those maps look interesting as well, could that be Colisseum Mode?

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

Just saw this on Gamefaqs. Appears to be a leaked page: goes over class change and pretty much confirms our first villain character:

Hide contents

jJUwfAK.jpg

Interesting; so the twins can change weapon types, but don't seem to actually change their models (unless I'm failing to recall what Rowan's design is, which is entirely possible). Also I wonder if Validar will actually play a part or just have a quick cameo to help set up the Awakening characters.

Just now, Fireball260 said:

Either that or another Scenario based side mode since there seems to be an actual story attached to it. 

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/6019-sakura-and-male-corrin-confirmed-in-fire-emblem-warriors

"Famitsu also mentions that Fire Emblem Warriors will have a History Mode that re-enacts parts of the famous scenes in Fire Emblem series, and the magazine will have explanations on more game systems like Skills and Class Change. Once we have the magazine, we will take an in-depth look at the article as usual."

oh boy, worst lord is in twice, and might even be plot relevant unlike female robin, what a joke

But I guess the other two might be okay. Sakura is the only royal I like, and Validar is a fair choice for a villain due to his character connections (relationship with Robin, parallels with Chrom, etc.) and moveset. It concerns me that they're still waiting to show off Azura, though; might they be withholding her for DLC, or worse, are we due for even more Fates announcements before we finally get to Shadow Dragon?

7 minutes ago, TrueDarkAce said:

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/6019-sakura-and-male-corrin-confirmed-in-fire-emblem-warriors

"Famitsu also mentions that Fire Emblem Warriors will have a History Mode that re-enacts parts of the famous scenes in Fire Emblem series, and the magazine will have explanations on more game systems like Skills and Class Change. Once we have the magazine, we will take an in-depth look at the article as usual."

This might be the best addition to the game tbh.

10 minutes ago, TrueDarkAce said:

Yay! I had hoped something like this would make it in somehow - like those reward maps revisiting scenarios in HW but more substantial - this sounds like it fits the bill.

15 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Yay! I had hoped something like this would make it in somehow - like those reward maps revisiting scenarios in HW but more substantial - this sounds like it fits the bill.

Yea this is really great. While I loved Adventure mode the reward maps were a lot better for me and I'm glad it is somewhat being expanded upon. I

do hope if there are side missions they are treated like the Treasure Evens in Pirate Warriors. 

Edited by Fireball260

So Sakura is in, that's good, and it's likely the upcoming pages will reveal M!Corrin and Azura's full art. On the subject of the former, I think he's also going to be a glorified skin like F!Robin, especially since it seems nonsensical to reveal him this late if he's part of the main five. So that leaves four more characters for Awakening and ten for SD, meaning we are likely going to have a total of at least 32 characters. This is a pretty good number of characters on its own, though I personally hope they're also reserving some characters for the game's reveal. 

Edited by Corbin

cadea used sword in the first game right? we still dont know if they are using the DS version of shadow dragon or the NES version. regardless i hope they reveal marths party soon or else hes gonna feel very lonely. (its gonna be funny if he needs dlc just to get the rest of his army XD)

47 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Reveal hidden contents

jJUwfAK.jpg

Oh thats.....pretty bad actually. Out of the three villains Validar is the weakest with the least things going for him.

gangrel seems pretty well liked and everyone agrees Walhart is baddass while Validar is a bit of a laughing stock in the fanbase.

I wonder what this will mean for Gharnef. Will we have two dark mages or does this mean Gharnef won't be making it in.

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh thats.....pretty bad actually. Out of the three villains Validar is the weakest with the least things going for him.

gangrel seems pretty well liked and everyone agrees Walhart is baddass while Validar is a bit of a laughing stock in the fanbase.

I wonder what this will mean for Gharnef. Will we have two dark mages or does this mean Gharnef won't be making it in.

The map to the left of Robin is the Thabes ruins from SD Chapter 23. I think that says enough on its own.

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Validar does have an emotional connection via Robin compared to Walmart and Gangreen being more Chrom-based. At the very least he's not confirmed as a playable option yet...

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I was never expecting Gharnef, Camus was always going to be the SD villain, he's nearly as recurring as Tiki.

1 minute ago, RotomGuy said:

I was never expecting Gharnef, Camus was always going to be the SD villain, he's nearly as recurring as Tiki.

Now that Validar's confirmed, I could see Gharnef being a semi-clone of him. Though it would be kinda boring to have two villains who are pretty similar I think. I'm still hoping for Camus though

7 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

The map to the left of Robin is the Thabes ruins from SD Chapter 23. I think that says enough on its own.

I don't think that confirms anything quite yet. In the Termina adventure map in Hyrule Warriors Lana also takes on the role of Skul kid so its possible that Validar will fill the role of Gharnef. The history mode could be merely thematic rather then completely accurate. 

It sure is likely but not 100% certain yet.