Sakura and Male Corrin Confirmed

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But Validar is still just weird. So far they made great pains not to put in anyone who's not an absolute fan favorite, Frederick being the only exception and even he's fairly well liked. And then they put in a villain very few people liked. 

Because he's a significant villain, even if he's not as much of a crowd pleaser. While Walhart would be my preferred Awakening villain rep (not counting Aversa), he's arguably the least significant in regards to interacting with the other characters. But we don't even know what kind of capacity he'll entail; for all we know he could just be a unique model of the Sorcerer captain and not even have any significance, much less a unique style of attacks that could translate to play-ability...

As expected, M!Corrin was revealed this time around. I've been expecting him ever since F!Robin's announcement.

Interested in hearing about the twins' class change because apparently, they get to wield different weapon types if they do.

Gangrel would've been my preferred villain...

Glad to see Sakura got a bow though! We might've been a bit too low on archers otherwise.

Edited by Anacybele

Looking at thier renders gave me a thought. both sisters are using the same weapon types as the younger brothers. With the speculation of Robin using Leon's tome for whatever reason, is it possible that Elise and Sakura will have the same oppurtunity?

3 hours ago, AzureSen said:

in hindsight, choosing to reveal the majority of the roster from each game in large chunks like this was a terrible idea.

In their defense, this was their first real mistake in regards to the marketing.

Sakura is looking adorable as always. I must say though that the way they reuse poses miffs me off a bit. Like, it's such a minor thing, but alongside including cutscenes of events that we've already seen in the main series, it just gives a bit of a rehash-y feeling.

So, Validar huh. That's...a thing. 

6 hours ago, Nanima said:

Why do they bother assigning the Corns to the different fams when M!Corn isn't supposed to be story relevant like F!Robin?

Probably not, it's possible the arrows are meant for them both or just a hint at them doing what they did for almost all Hoshido and Nohr Noble cipher cards and having Male Corrin class change to Hoshido Noble and Female Corrin class change to Nohr Noble...or they just did it for fun.

5 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

But they specifically said female Robin wouldn't be in the story mode. And it makes more sense given the duality of Fates and how each Corrin was associated with one family.

Only for the box art and cipher cards. I sincerely doubt they'd include both genders of Corrin in the story if they weren't doing so for Robin.

3 hours ago, Thany said:

cadea used sword in the first game right? we still dont know if they are using the DS version of shadow dragon or the NES version. regardless i hope they reveal marths party soon or else hes gonna feel very lonely. (its gonna be funny if he needs dlc just to get the rest of his army XD)

Actually, in one of the interviews they mentioned they were using the DS version for SD character designs.

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-on-how-the-game-came-to-be-choosing-characters-games-original-characters-more/2/

4 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Actually, in one of the interviews they mentioned they were using the DS version for SD character designs.

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-on-how-the-game-came-to-be-choosing-characters-games-original-characters-more/2/

Ah... you got me right there. then i guess there wont be much swords expect for ether cain or able.

11 hours ago, Nanima said:

That would make no sense. All they'd do is piss off Awakening fans by giving Corrin special treatment and leaving Robin in the dust for no reason.I mean, it could happen, but it would be incredibly stupid on their part.

They've kind of already given Corrin special treatment compared to Robin. Like how both genders of Corrin got amiibos from Smash but Female Robin never got one.

Plus, they seem to be sticking with the whole "Male Corrin is Birthright" and "Female Corrin is Conquest" thing.

4 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

For Caeda specifically, it may depend on what they mean by "design." She's definitely more well known for the Wing Spear in Shadow Dragon, but she actually has a sword in her artwork, even though she can't use them in the game itself. They could have her use a sword for normal attacks to differentiate her from Hinoka and Cordelia, then switch to the Wing Spear for specials, kinda like how Robin switches to the Levin Sword for a short time.

I hope Sakura isn't overshadowed by her brother among archers. People will soon see how t-t-tough she is. Hope the next archer is Jeorge instead of Gordin. Jeorge may not be a notable character either, but cool looking personal bows are always welcome. Definitely my next pick under the restriction of these three games.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

For Caeda specifically, it may depend on what they mean by "design." She's definitely more well known for the Wing Spear in Shadow Dragon, but she actually has a sword in her artwork, even though she can't use them in the game itself. They could have her use a sword for normal attacks to differentiate her from Hinoka and Cordelia, then switch to the Wing Spear for specials, kinda like how Robin switches to the Levin Sword for a short time.

Caeda had both a lance and a sword in SD and NME artwork, though a lot of her Cipher cards show lance only.  Catria's full art for NME also had both sword and lance, and all three Whitewing sisters are shown with both in their Echoes artwork.  This is despite the fact that pegasus knights have been lance locked until promotion since almost FE2 (FE4 and 5 gave them swords again, but then FE6 took that away).

I think if they depict Caeda with both, she'll be a lance user for equipment, but use a sword for some charge attacks and specials.  Given that they relaxed their standards on uniqueness (from the interview where they mentioned almost cutting Lucina), I think it's more likely for them to reuse the standard pegasus normal string than create an additional 'sword pegasus' normal string.  Pegasus knights are pretty much a traditional lancer class for FE at this point, and we don't have to have fliers for each weapon.

On topic:  I kind of hope Sakura doesn't use the same machine-gun normals that Takumi uses.  Her personality doesn't really match that string.

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

For the sake of "balance" she should be using a sword in Warriors so we can have a flying unit that uses a sword in battle. We already have 2 lance flying units and one flying axe unit.

I'd prefer her to use swords, since she's pretty much the only one that can at this point, but I'd be happy if she made it in at all. It would be interesting if they made her exclusively use lances, but still keep the sword in her design; taking after Ganondorf in Smash, I suppose. We'll know one way or another within a few weeks either way, though.

I'm glad Sakura uses bows, and it makes sense given the other healers so far. I'm definitely in the camp that wants to see the Shadow Dragon characters more, but I'm happy enough with the characters that have been shown from Awakening and Fates. Probably won't grab the special edition, but I'll gladly get the standard at least.

Don't have much time to translate right now, but it says next to F!Corn "Kamui (female) appears during the story!!". So that probably settles M!Corn as an alternate.

Edited by Nanima

2 hours ago, TrueDarkAce said:

Here's a better scan for Male Corrin

Y7tYQHg.jpg

Here's basically all the information from this. Nothing too surprising, it seems to be taking a lot of concepts from Hyrule Warriors.

-Weapon ranks, like in mainstream Fire Emblems, appear to be back

-Weapons with special qualities are back

—> In the picture it has “physical & magical inversion” which makes normally physical attacks magical and vice versa (I’m assuming it just uses the magic stat for physical attacks and attack stat for magical)

-These special qualities can be put onto other weapons (in the picture it is showing “physical and magical inversion” being put from the “Magic Lance” onto an Iron Lance

-Some of these more powerful qualities are locked behind a certain number of kills (again, like in Hyrule Warriors. Picture shows a skill that you need to defeat 2,000 units to be able to use. Once you do that, every 300 kills replenishes your musou meter)

-Healing another character, in addition to pair up, also increases bonds

-Male Corrin will not appear in story mode

-There is a lance called the "Axe Buster." (I'm assuming it reverses weapon triangle maybe or at least is effective against axes)

Edited by Torii

8 minutes ago, Torii said:

Here's basically all the information from this. Nothing too surprising, it seems to be taking a lot of concepts from Hyrule Warriors.

-Weapon ranks, like in mainstream Fire Emblems, appear to be back

-Weapons with special qualities are back

—> In the picture it has “physical & magical inversion” which makes normally physical attacks magical and vice versa (I’m assuming it just uses the magic stat for physical attacks and attack stat for magical)

-These special qualities can be put onto other weapons (in the picture it is showing “physical and magical inversion” being put from the “Magic Lance” onto an Iron Lance

-Some of these more powerful qualities are locked behind a certain number of kills (again, like in Hyrule Warriors. Picture shows a skill that you need to defeat 2,000 units to be able to use. Once you do that, every 300 kills replenishes your musou meter)

-Healing another character, in addition to pair up, also increases bonds

-Male Corrin will not appear in story mode

-There is a lance called the "Axe Buster." (I'm assuming it reverses weapon triangle maybe or at least is effective against axes)

Guess we know what kind of skill might be on the Levin Sword if it gets in.

10 minutes ago, Folt said:

I think that's on one of the other pages.

I was talking about the Famitsu info in general; I checked Black Kite's twitter and the page only talks about promotion and skills.