Validar possibly confirmed

RotomGuy

jJUwfAK.jpg

In another leaked page, we see Validar confronting Chrom and Robin. Much like Ganondorf, Zant and Ghirahim, I imagine he'll be Awakening's playable villain representative.

In addition, we saw Class Change information as well as the character sprites on maps that might be Colisseum Mode.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

What I do like is that this seems to suggest the Twins can actually class change and gain different weapons.

I may or may not be blind, but where in the page does it suggest that?

Cute, the Validar screenshot is from History Mode, which appears to be a retelling of the original storylines. They will be fully voiced just like Story Mode.

It's hard to tell, but it looks to be... traditional Fire Emblem gameplay? It says there are "battles", but I dunno if it means FE battles or Warrior battles. I'm assuming it's a bit like that mode in Hyrule Warriors with a Zelda-esque map.

I went through the article and translated everything as quickly as I could for you guys. I can read most of it, a few characters are a bit blurry, but I think I got almost everything. Give me a sec to go back through and see if I missed anything. Pretty interesting stuff :)

-When you promote you can get new skills and your stats increase. Characters might also get new weapons (Rowan has a lance in the picture)

-Rowan promotes to Master Lord and can be seen holding a lance

-Teasing master proofs by saying “Wonder if you’ll be able to get them (master proofs) on the battlefield?”

-You will need materials to get new skills (for example, for Luna you need Chrom’s Leather Belt)

-Materials are dropped by defeating characters on the battlefield

-The better the skills, the more rare materials you’ll need

-Up to three skills can be equipped

-Skills are normally limited to each character, but if characters increase their bonds, they can get skills from other characters

-Badges make a return (similar to Hyrule Warriors)

-Badges change with each character

-Like skills, you need materials to unlock badges

-Validar is confirmed

-History Mode confirmed

—> Seems to be based on the original games

-In History Mode, you control characters on a 2D map

-If a unit meets an enemy unit on the 2D map, a Warriors-style battle will initiate and you’ll have to complete certain conditions

-Bosses will appear in History Mode

-There will be conversations and full voices in History Mode, just like in Story Mode

-There is a  Shadow Dragon map in the bottom left if someone can recognize it

Edited by Torii

4 minutes ago, Torii said:

Wait a sec.... now that you mention it, it looks a lot like.... Thabes Tower, CH23.

That about soft confirms Gharnef in some form? Oh my..

Edited by Motendra

18 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Cute, the Validar screenshot is from History Mode, which appears to be a retelling of the original storylines. They will be fully voiced just like Story Mode.

It's hard to tell, but it looks to be... traditional Fire Emblem gameplay? It says there are "battles", but I dunno if it means FE battles or Warrior battles. I'm assuming it's a bit like that mode in Hyrule Warriors with a Zelda-esque map.

That...actually sounds pretty cool.

16 minutes ago, Namarid said:

What are badges?

I'm assuming they're gonna be like in Hyrule Warriors. You spend materials you get from battle and buy badges which permanently power-up your character. For example, in HW you could use them to extend your combos, get more awakening meter, do more damage against shielding enemies, etc. 

15 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Wait a sec.... now that you mention it, it looks a lot like.... Thabes Tower, CH23.

That about soft confirms Gharnef in some form? Oh my..

Nice eye! I'm not sure what this would be, haha, but that could be a good guess. I never finished Shadow Dragon and on top of that I played it when it first came out so long ago so I don't remember much haha

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So we're just replaying Awakening, Fates, and SD in this mode. Boring...

Hmm, I don't know how much we are going to be able to replay. I'd assume just important maps maybe? I wouldn't count it out as boring just yet haha 

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

He's holding a lance when he promotes.

Omg I missed that. I was so busy reading I didn't even look at the pictures haha

Edited by Torii

8 minutes ago, Torii said:

Hmm, I don't know how much we are going to be able to replay. I'd assume just important maps maybe? I wouldn't count it out as boring just yet haha 

I sure hope not. I mean, I don't expect it to be as awesome as HW's adventure mode was, since it's hard to top that, but I'd like it to at least be decent enough to keep players busy awhile.

2 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Now that Validar and possibly Gharnef are in, Tharja's chances doesn't look so good anymore, even with her popularity. It also would explain the lack of darkness in Leo's moveset.

Yet having Ganondorf, Ghirahim, and Zant did nothing to keep the Darkness out of Midna's moveset. And it did nothing to stop them from later giving Midna a second and very different form and moveset also Darkness-based. On top of adding Wizzro and Cia and even later Skull Kid. Magic is so easy to contort and make new movesets out of.

Finally, we are actually getting the game's actual mechanics and game modes revealed. Been waiting on this for a while. 

History mode sounds like a lot of fun, can't wait to play through that. Class changing sounds cool, I am curious if it's just promotions or if there is reclsssing involved too. If I remember correctly they did reference reclassing a while back.

I am curious what Colliseum mode is, it wasn't fully revealed yet right?

Just now, Tolvir said:

Finally, we are actually getting the game's actual mechanics and game modes revealed. Been waiting on this for a while. 

History mode sounds like a lot of fun, can't wait to play through that. Class changing sounds cool, I am curious if it's just promotions or if there is reclsssing involved too. If I remember correctly they did reference reclassing a while back.

I am curious what Colliseum mode is, it wasn't fully revealed yet right?

Not fully. Just a very VERY brief mention at E3.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yet having Ganondorf, Ghirahim, and Zant did nothing to keep the Darkness out of Midna's moveset. And it did nothing to stop them from later giving Midna a second and very different form and moveset also Darkness-based. On top of adding Wizzro and Cia and even later Skull Kid. Magic is so easy to contort and make new movesets out of.

They had different weapons though, here we are talking about mages, there is a limited number of dark tomes, and in this game, Koei has shown a tendency to "re-use" some parts of movesets, it wouldn't be the first pair of character that have mostly the same attacks.

I'd like to say that this doesn't confirm that he's playable. KT has a history of making models for villains, and then slapping a generic boss moveset on them, with some variations. For example, Arlong has a souped-up version of the generic Fishmen Captain moveset.

Also, that's the best Gangrel model I've ever seen in my life.

Not gonna lie, Validar being in is a pretty big disappointment, even as an NPC. I really didn't expect the worst villain of Awakening to be in, especially when he doesn't fit the criteria at all--his only character relationship is Robin, his plot importance is non-existent, and no one seems to actually like him.

20 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Now that Validar and possibly Gharnef are in, Tharja's chances doesn't look so good anymore, even with her popularity. 

Validar and possibly Gharnef being in doesn't do anything to Tharja's chances. If having a similar moveset was a detriment to a character's chances, we wouldn't have a good chunk of the current roster.

20 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

It also would explain the lack of darkness in Leo's moveset.

I think Leo not being associated with darkness or dark magic at all would be a better explanation for that.

Edited by AzureSen

This is all very exciting stuff!

Validar's an ass, but there's so much untapped potential, we might be able to see it this time! Also...potential Robin and Validar support? Hmmhmmm.

History mode sounds really fun, but it's still too early to judge.

I never really got into the whole material and badge thing in HW, so hopefully I will this time.

Still, can't wait for this game!

1 hour ago, Torii said:

I went through the article and translated everything as quickly as I could for you guys. I can read most of it, a few characters are a bit blurry, but I think I got almost everything. Give me a sec to go back through and see if I missed anything. Pretty interesting stuff :)

-When you promote you can get new skills and your stats increase. Characters might also get new weapons (Rowan has a lance in the picture)

-Rowan promotes to Master Lord and can be seen holding a lance

-Teasing master proofs by saying “Wonder if you’ll be able to get them (master proofs) on the battlefield?”

-You will need materials to get new skills (for example, for Luna you need Chrom’s Leather Belt)

-Materials are dropped by defeating characters on the battlefield

-The better the skills, the more rare materials you’ll need

-Up to three skills can be equipped

-Skills are normally limited to each character, but if characters increase their bonds, they can get skills from other characters

-Badges make a return (similar to Hyrule Warriors)

-Badges change with each character

-Like skills, you need materials to unlock badges

-Validar is confirmed

-History Mode confirmed

—> Seems to be based on the original games

-In History Mode, you control characters on a 2D map

-If a unit meets an enemy unit on the 2D map, a Warriors-style battle will initiate and you’ll have to complete certain conditions

-Bosses will appear in History Mode

-There will be conversations and full voices in History Mode, just like in Story Mode

Oh hell yes! They included a mode that resembles Adventure Mode from Hyrule Warriors!