Validar possibly confirmed

RotomGuy

4 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I'd like to say that this doesn't confirm that he's playable. KT has a history of making models for villains, and then slapping a generic boss moveset on them, with some variations. For example, Arlong has a souped-up version of the generic Fishmen Captain moveset.

The warrior games I've played more are Warriors Orochi 3 and Hyrule Warriors, so I don't know that well Koei's habits.

2 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Validar and possibly Gharnef being in doesn't do anything to Tharja's chances. If having a similar moveset was a detriment to a character's chances, we wouldn't have a good chunk of the current roster.

Yeah, but I think there is a limit at how many times they can repeat the same moveset. 

3 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

I think Leo not being associated with darkness or dark magic at all would be a better explanation for that.

I know that it isn't actual dark magic, but I think that Brynhildr has been called a dark tome in some cases, though I don't really remember it well. I was talking about the visual effect that his tome has in cinematics. I'm just trying to justify that Leo's moveset seems based in lighning.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fates : M!Corrin,F!Corrin,Xander,Leo,Camilla,Elise,Ryoma,Takumi,Hinoka and Sakura

Awakening : Chrom,Lucina,Frederick,Lissa,M!Robin,F!Robin,Cordelia and Validar

Shadow Dragon : Marth

we have 19 characters right now. Lets say Garon will be in and its 20..

including Marth we will have only 5 SD chacters while there will be 11 Fates characters

52 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

I think Leo not being associated with darkness or dark magic at all would be a better explanation for that.

Supports explicitly call Brynhildr a "dark tome", and it's shown to have a dark aura in cutscenes. 

34 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

Fates : M!Corrin,F!Corrin,Xander,Leo,Camilla,Elise,Ryoma,Takumi,Hinoka and Sakura

including Marth we will have only 5 SD chacters while there will be 11 Fates characters

If art cards are heroes side exclusive then we won't have to worry about them taking up precious slots. Also you're forgetting Rowan and Lianne.

What I'm more worried about is more Fates/Awakening heroes being revealed and doing that instead...

14 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Supports explicitly call Brynhildr a "dark tome", and it's shown to have a dark aura in cutscenes. 

It's mechanically not a dark tome, and Leo plainly says in his support with Forrest that Brynhildr is a tome of earth, gravity and life. I also can't find the supports where it's supposedly referred to as a dark tome.

Edited by AzureSen

50 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

We don't know if Validar is playable, yet.

1 minute ago, AzureSen said:

It's mechanically not a dark tome, and Leo plainly says in his support with Forrest that Brynhildr is a tome of earth, gravity and life. I also can't find the supports where it's supposedly referred to as a dark tome.

Looking through supports, and it seems like there isn't any point where it's explicitly called "dark magic". May have been remembering fan translations.

Still, considering cutscenes and his official artwork, saying "Leo has never been associated with darkness" is stretching things.

That's... Someone I don't think anyone expected to see. Not sure he's someone that people wanted to see, but that's still a surprise nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm more interested in that History Mode. Depending on how it's implemented it could allow for other villains that aren't relevant in the main story to pop up like Gangrel and Walhart. It would be nice to be able to fight them even if they're not playable outside of potentially costumes.

Edited by Medeus

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Still, considering cutscenes and his official artwork, saying "Leo has never been associated with darkness" is stretching things.

Speaking of cutscenes since I missed that part the first time, the one time we do see Leo using Brynhildr in a cutscene in Birthright, it's magic and aura is bluish-white, as opposed to the red-purple-black that dark magic is associated with. As for his official art, it doesn't match his in-game animations.

1 hour ago, Sbuscoz said:

Yeah, but I think there is a limit at how many times they can repeat the same moveset. 

Compared to several other DW games, three characters potentially sharing the same moveset isn't that bad.

1 hour ago, Sbuscoz said:

I'm just trying to justify that Leo's moveset seems based in lighning.

Yeah, I don't get why his moveset is so focused on so many elements instead of giving him a moveset that actually matches Brynhildr's from the games, which has the potential to be pretty cool between being able to summon foliage at will and mess with gravity.

2 hours ago, Motendra said:

Wait a sec.... now that you mention it, it looks a lot like.... Thabes Tower, CH23.

That about soft confirms Gharnef in some form? Oh my..

Yep the top half of that map to be precise.

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Validar is boring and unpopular. Gangrel, Walhart, or Aversa would've been much better picks. Another awful decision. 

Because this totally needed to be said.

I don't understand the people who pop by here only to shit on the game.

Edited by The DanMan

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Validar is boring and unpopular. Gangrel, Walhart, or Aversa would've been much better picks. Another awful decision. 

Just now, The DanMan said:

Totally needed to be said.

I don't understand the people who pop by here only to shit on the game.

We also don't even know if he's actually playable in this game either, given the nature of his "reveal".

It's about time they announce this game's alternative mode to answer HW's Adventure Mode. I like the idea of History Mode. Warriors games to me have always seemed disinterested in providing context and explanation for their characters in these crossover games. They may hide some alternative characters in this mode just like in Hyrule Warriors. I've already figured out the unlock condition for Shadow Dragon's cast: Kill every other playable unit.

Now that we have Robin's evil, manipulative father. When do we see Corrin's evil, manipulative father? Can't relate to my avatar unless there's an evil, manipulative father.

I've been trying to avoid the information for Warriors so I can be surprised when I finally get to play it...
So like an idiot, I'm habitually coming back here daily...

History mode is basically what they did with Gundam. The official story and how it unfolded originally. Doubtlessly, there's going to be a few what-ifs and such as well. It wouldn't surprise me at least.

I still have this inclination that everyone's looking too narrowly at the cast's size though.

Validar will be interesting, even if he's a walking cardboard plot convenience. But given that History Mode is indeed in this, Gangrel, Aversa and Walhart are doubtlessly in as far as Awakening goes. Garon, Iago and Hans I can see for Fates as well. They're important to it, so the history mode can't be too cohesive without them.

Anyway, that's just my perspective for now.

5 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

I've been trying to avoid the information for Warriors so I can be surprised when I finally get to play it...
So like an idiot, I'm habitually coming back here daily...

History mode is basically what they did with Gundam. The official story and how it unfolded originally. Doubtlessly, there's going to be a few what-ifs and such as well. It wouldn't surprise me at least.

I still have this inclination that everyone's looking too narrowly at the cast's size though.

Validar will be interesting, even if he's a walking cardboard plot convenience. But given that History Mode is indeed in this, Gangrel, Aversa and Walhart are doubtlessly in as far as Awakening goes. Garon, Iago and Hans I can see for Fates as well. They're important to it, so the history mode can't be too cohesive without them.

Anyway, that's just my perspective for now.

I think Garon is 99.99999...etc.% confirmed to make an appearance in this game, thanks to this mode, as he is the main villain of Fates. Whether he and/or Validar will be playable or be NPCs is still up in the air.

2 minutes ago, Folt said:

I think Garon is 99.99999...etc.% confirmed to make an appearance in this game, thanks to this mode, as he is the main villain of Fates. Whether he and/or Validar will be playable or be NPCs is still up in the air.

As far as Garon goes, he does have a lot of variety to use for a moveset. Facing him could be a nightmare, but on the other hand, using him could be a blast. 

Just now, Light Strategist said:

As far as Garon goes, he does have a lot of variety to use for a moveset. Facing him could be a nightmare, but on the other hand, using him could be a blast. 

Yeah. It's why I'm hoping he'll be one of the villains who makes it in as a playable character because his moveset potential is really rad.

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

Keep in mind this was shown when talking about history mode, which is replaying significant events from each of those games. It could easily be just replaying one of the maps you fight him on in a Warriors format.

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Yeah. It's why I'm hoping he'll be one of the villains who makes it in as a playable character because his moveset potential is really rad.

I could see Hardin as being one of the more interesting characters to use as well. Especially in History Mode.

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Keep in mind this was shown when talking about history mode, which is replaying significant events from each of those games. It could easily be just replaying one of the maps you fight him on in a Warriors format.

Even if he isn't. His attacks could weave Grima elements into them for some extra kick.

11 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

I could see Hardin as being one of the more interesting characters to use as well. Especially in History Mode.

Even if he isn't. His attacks could weave Grima elements into them for some extra kick.

We might actually get Grima though.