Validar possibly confirmed

RotomGuy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TrueDarkAce said:

Ah. So it's like Pirate Warriors with Non Playable boss characters or is he just in cutscenes?

He's probably just a generic Sage/Sorceror with a unique model. Warriors games have had NPCs in the past with unique models, but with a generic moveset.

3 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Unless its

Hide contents

SOV

Grima how would he actually fight?

Spectral forms of the body performing various attacks. Think Zant and Midna in HW. Except in this case, with the same elements available with a solid texture for Grima's actual appearance.

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

This is some torrential level rain on the parade, but:

Confirmed NPC.

I'm a little disappointed now. It was an opportunity to redeem him from walking cardboard...

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

He's probably just a generic Sage/Sorceror with a unique model. Warriors games have had NPCs in the past with unique models, but with a generic moveset.

That seems rather likely.

6 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Spectral forms of the body performing various attacks. Think Zant and Midna in HW. Except in this case, with the same elements available with a solid texture for Grima's actual appearance.

Right, so kinda of like a moveset for Robin.

6 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

I'm a little disappointed now. It was an opportunity to redeem him from walking cardboard...

You'd think him being one of the latest people produced by the cult for the purpose of being Grima's vessel and surviving a crusade against his religion would've been something for Validar, instead the writers barely mention the former and don't even mention the latter, making the mentions of the crusade pointless in the end.

9 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I might be alone in this, but I'd love it if a lot of characters were playable in the skin manner. It'd expand the roster a bit too.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

So we've got a recreation of Chapter 23, and everybody is talking about Validar.

But I'm just wondering if this means Basilio will show up halfway through and be badass.

You mean pull a deus ex machine and came back to life for some reason like every major character in Awakening can do?

19 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I might be alone in this, but I'd love it if a lot of characters were playable in the skin manner. It'd expand the roster a bit too.

Nah. I totally agree. But on the flip side, I'd like to see certain characters having outfits based on specific events. As an example, an Odin skin for Owain. (I know nothing's been mentioned regarding him. Then again, that could just fall under class changes... Hmm... =/) In any case, it'd be simple enough since I'm sure there's gonna be plenty of weapons to use.

Has anything been mentioned regarding durability?

2 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Nah. I totally agree. But on the flip side, I'd like to see certain characters having outfits based on specific events. As an example, an Odin skin for Owain. (I know nothing's been mentioned regarding him. Then again, that could just fall under class changes... Hmm... =/) In any case, it'd be simple enough since I'm sure there's gonna be plenty of weapons to use.

Has anything been mentioned regarding durability?

It'd be great because I think that'd allow to have a huge cast Fire Emblem is known for. There could even be gags with the minor enemy commanders with generic models being named after minor bosses/npcs. Like a Axe fighter moveset commander named Gazzak.

If it was me, there'd be a Swordmaster moveset Owain and a Sorcerer moveset Owain.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

3 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

It'd be great because I think that'd allow to have a huge cast Fire Emblem is known for. There could even be gags with the minor enemy commanders with generic models being named after minor bosses/npcs. Like a Axe fighter moveset commander named Gazzak.

If it was me, there'd be a Swordmaster moveset Owain and a Sorcerer moveset Owain.

He'd need to be rocking Missiletainn. Bonus points if Genealogy is brought in as DLC and there's a conversation about the Holy Weapons.

Well well, so the OC twins won't be wielding just swords it seems. What was that about "too many swords, but the OC's have swords anyway"? Now I laugh in your faces. X) HAHAHAHAHAHAAA! *ahem* *regains posture* That said, the reason for making the OC's start with swords being the WT was sort of dumb, I won't deny it. Although we still don't know what weapon Darrius/Darios will use or if he's even playable. They can save him for release for all I'm concerned.

I like the concept of History Mode. It's like a SoV dungeon in reverse; start on a traditional 2D grid, then when fighting enemies, switch to 3D and engage in Warriors-style combat. All the more hilarious given the way dungeons are coded in SoV, as demonstrated in Vincent's "Out of Bounds" videos.

With this, I think we finally have most if not all the obvious character choices out of the way. Seeing as this is release month, they have to show more Shadow Dragon characters sometime. Hopefully they throw some our way before TGS.

I saw a diferent interpretation of the History Mode in a French article, they said that there are maps from the most famous moments in the games, and when you meet an enemy you'll start a mission, like the Adventure maps in Hyrule Warriors. I don't know if they are right but this could be fun too.

4 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Weren't Cia, Volga and Wizzro NPC in hyrule warriors at first too?

Yes, its fully possible he'll get the playable treatment in an update.

Yes, they were added as playable characters by an update.

I hadn't thought about it before, but how will the unit choices work in History mode? They probably will have obligatory units, like Chrom needing to be in the Validar map, but can you still deploy, say, Marth and Corrin in an Awakening map? I hope the answer is positive, especially if this is supposed to be the adventure mode replacement.

Edited by NeonZ

6 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

I hadn't thought about it before, but how will the unit choices work in History mode? They probably will have obligatory units, like Chrom needing to be in the Validar map, but can you still deploy, say, Marth and Corrin in an Awakening map? I hope the answer is positive, especially if this is supposed to be the adventure mode replacement.

In the Gundam spin-offs, they simply disallowed characters that weren't actually present or otherwise available for the specific event. Chances are it'll be the same. 

1 minute ago, Light Strategist said:

In the Gundam spin-offs, they simply disallowed characters that weren't actually present or otherwise available for the specific event. Chances are it'll be the same. 

Though in Hyrule Warriors and a few other Koei games, there are no rules for the second player in Co-op.

So we might have Ryoma fighting Xander with the help of a second Xander.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

11 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

Yes, they were added as playable characters by an update.

Hopefully the first play will lock you in but subsequent plays let you use anyone, like Free Play mode.

Though if all the dialogue is recorded, then it'll probably keep you locked for that.

4 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Though in Hyrule Warriors and a few other Koei games, there are no rules for the second player in Co-op.

This just reminded me of this post

tumblr_o43cvzat7h1uz997yo1_500.jpg

7 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Player 2 usually gets a free pass on everything. I know in DW Gundam 3, History Missions were locked to single-player but that's the only time (to my knowledge) that it was done.