Characters to Keep Alive?

Hey, guys! So I am playing through Sacred Stones and I get really paranoid if any of my characters die, so I usually reset the level, because I might need that character later on in the game. Should I be so intent on keeping everyone alive as I am? Are there specific characters that I should make sure stay alive by all means, because they will be needed later?

Thanks! :D:

That's honestly how most people play FE in general.  Some will just let dead units stay dead, and others do what is called an "Iron Man" run, a meta-game where they can't go back to a previous save, but the majority of people will reset as soon as they lose a unit.

Now, if you're asking if it's necessary...  Not particularly.  There are some units that are useful, yes, but none of them are mandatory.  People have solo'd this game with just Seth and the royal twins.  Still, it's better to be safe than sorry, especially for your first time playing through the game.

There aren't huge repercussions if you let a unit die, except that you lose a part of your soul every time you don't restart. As Ertrick said, there is no unit that is really necessary to beat the game - as long as you have ~ 8 units to field (or even less), you shouldn't run into a brick wall.

I don't know if you've reached that point of the game already, but Sacred Stones allows unlimited grinding pretty early in the game. So while there are some units that are clearly better than others (more specifically: Seth >>> everyone else), as long as you don't mind a grinding session once in a while, every unit in this game is perfectly viable from start to finish.

5 hours ago, ping said:

There aren't huge repercussions if you let a unit die, except that you lose a part of your soul every time you don't restart.

True, very true. XD

As for the rest of your guys' messages: thanks! This helped. :)