If you could create your own FE class what would it be?

Heruseus

1 hour ago, かベリー said:

So everyone who tries to get you out of your imaginary bubble is being toxic? They're trying to help you, and on top of you calling them toxic, you have the audacity to tell them to leave? That's very rude.

I'm not calling them toxic, Im saying we're getting towards being toxic. And tbh, I dont give a damn about my bubble or whatever. Imma do me, and you do you, ok?

5 minutes ago, Heruseus said:

I'm not calling them toxic, Im saying we're getting towards being toxic. And tbh, I dont give a damn about my bubble or whatever. Imma do me, and you do you, ok?

Alright.  But don't say we didn't warn you if you end up making yourself miserable trying to actually complete everything.

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

Alright.  But don't say we didn't warn you if you end up making yourself miserable trying to actually complete everything.

Trust me, I was miserable before I started this project. 

Edited by Heruseus

2 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

I'd suggest xane but he's not really a class since he changes into other classes.

So have a freelancer class? Is that what you're trying to say?

Guardian: Armored swordsman, among armored units, have slightly higher SPD and RES. Promotes to either White Knight or Great Knight

White Knight: Wields Swords and Lances. Experienced knight that specializes on reducing enemies STR and increasing allies DEF.

Highlander: mounted lancer. specializes on having an advantage over foot units. Promotes to either Paladin or Dragoon.

Dragoon: experienced highlander that wields lances and axes. Further specializes on having an advantage over foot units.  

Edited by DiogoJorge

Though I would say four Teirs is too many, it's what you want so, i suppose get ready, i'll do Solo Weapon classes, and a few classes I've come up with for an idea of mine too.(Expanded from a 2 teir plus trainee system to a 4 teir system.)

Sword Locked

• Myrmidon
  • Swordmaster
  • Blade Saint
  • Trueblade

Axe Locked

• Pirate
  • Berserker
  • Viking
  • Skögul

Lance Locked

• Soldier
  • Halberdier
  • Sentinal
  • Dragoon

Bow Locked

• Archer
  • Sniper
  • Marksman
  • Deadshot

Now for my special ones

• Theif - Dagger (Or Sword if your not putting in daggers)
  • Rouge - Dagger
  • Shadow - Dagger/Dark
  • Glitch - Dagger/Dark (Special Skill - Glitch- Think Acrobat from awakening, but with all terrain, as in they can go through walls, doors bridges, water, thrones, with the added benifit of having Pass From awakening build in) (... This class was kinda made to be broken... but that can be combated with really shitty caps... if you wanted to combat it that is. but it's teir 4 so it's kinda supposed to be broken)

That's all I got, gotta remember classes can't bleed together too much, so try not to make any too similar to others.

For example Mercenaries and Myrmidons both use swords, but they are different because Mercenaries have a lot of bulk and can hit hard, while myrmidons are frail and they crit hard. i could make a few more examples, but i'm sure you understand.

Though I feel it'd be helpful to know. Are you planning on using skills in this game, should we start listing them, I know I already listen one, but I'm just making sure, just in case.

Also just a criticism I'd highly suggest just doing teir 3 classes as teir 4 classes would just be overpowed and that'd be 80 levels per character unless they come promoted. and 60 is already wild enough, I also feel, judging by what you've said of your story teir 4 units would only come in one the last 2 acts, and even then they'd probably have room to grow in the teir 3 still, so you could just have them be capped come endgame instead of just starting into teir 4.

Edited by Yetiplays

• 2 months later...

I don't see much need for four tiers, especially if your super mega long game focuses on different armies. Shadows of Valentia had four classes in its post game but it also had basically no dual weapon wielders so each of the upgraded classes were basically the same unit but with extra stat caps (coming to think of it that's mostly how Radiant Dawn's third tiers turned out too). It managed to stay a bit diverse by giving extra skills and magic to its classes but I still expect a four tier system would result in a lot of classes being quite samey by the end of the game.

With that being said, I've invented a bunch of classes for my custom class tree which similar to your layout has over 100 classes.

Stand outs that I like which haven't been mentioned

*Rear Guard: An armoured unit that can both tank hits and heal allies.

*Koga: A kite ninja. Because flying ninjas are better that ninjas who can't fly.

*Shaman: They used light magic in Jugdral and dark magic in Elibe. Combined them together for a light/dark wielding unit.

*A branched promotion for dancers: Choose between dancing and picking locks, dancing and heightened combat ability, dancing from two squares away or dancing four units at once.

*Bannerman: A dedicated rally user, because if your using rallies it's probably on a rallybot anyway. More distinct to make them their own classline.

*Guerrilla: A unit with an inverted galeforce skill. If they fail to kill an enemy they gain a second turn (though they cannot attack on that second turn. They can still use items and trade and rescue etc).

560 chapters with over 100 or so characters seems extreme, but regardless i can still give you one class tree:

Clown (Daggers)

Joker (Daggers/Dark Magic) 

Jester (Daggers/Dark Magic)

Trickster (Daggers/Dark Magic/Bow)

The clown skill tree would have high skill,speed,resistance and extremely high luck, at the cost of low health, defense, speed,  while having average magic.  If you allow skills in your project, the major skill for the clown would be a sort of discount replicate skill where his clone would only have half the stats and would be used as a baiting tool, while the minor skills the clown would have could focus on the luck stat.

Edited by FranRedStar

Dude. This sounds awesome. For now, I have these as my ideas for your 4-tier classes, I'll try to come up with more!

Fliers:

1) Sky Knight (Pegasus Knight)

2) Alicorn Knight (FalcoKnight, but the horn is real, not armor, gains axes and bows or light magic) OR Sky Lord (gains staves and swords)

3) Alicorn Lord (From Alicorn Knight only, gains Savior and Pierce)/ Sky God(From Sky Lord only, gains Stun and Sky's Will (invulnerable to effective damage, instead takes half from those effective weapons)

4) Alicorn's Bond (From Alicorn Lord Only, Description: The flier has become one with the Alicorn they ride with, increasing their synergy in battle) (They gain Bond, an ability where initiating attack adds bonuses to offence, and bonuses to defence when defending during enemy phase)/ Sister Sky(From Sky God only. These fliers call the sky their home. When above terrain that has bonuses for ground troops, they gain those bonuses * 1.5. They also gain a rally spectrum skill that increases ally stats by 1 or 2, your choice).

The idea is that the Alicorn route is more of a glass cannon with more movement than the Sky route. They are intended to be in the heat of battle, with the option to save an ally if necessary. The Sky route is a more supportive route, with average damage and utility. They are intended to tank damage and aid rather than kill enemy units. 

I hope you like this! You of course can modify this however you like. My computer is lagging a bit...SO I'll put the rest of my ideas later. Sorry.

Never tried a 4-tier system myself. I’ll give it a bit of a shot.

FIRST STAGE

Mage (Anima)

Promotes to Spellblade and Sage

SECOND STAGE

Spellblade (Sword, Anima)

Promotes to Dark Knight and Crusader

Sage (Anima, Staff)

Promotes to Sorcerer and Strategist

THIRD STAGE

Dark Knight (Sword, Anima, Dark, Cavalry)

Promotes to Nephilim

Crusader (Sword, Anima, Light, Armoured)

Promotes to Purifier

Sorcerer (Anima, Dark, Staff)

Promotes to Dracomage

Strategist (Anima, Light, Staff, Cavalry)

Promotes to Valkyrie

FOURTH STAGE

Nephilim (Sword, Axe, Anima, Dark, Cavalry)

Purifier (Sword, Lance, Anima, Light, Armoured)

Dracomage (Anima, Dark, Staff, Flying, Dragon)

Valkyrie (Anima, Light, Staff, Flying, Cavalry)

@Heruseus Question, what kind of format do you prefer when it comes to the 4 tier class system? Like, is it only one path, like what fe10 did, or multiple paths, like with fe8, awakening and fates? If so, I can revise my previously suggested class as well. I don't want to be posting wrong content. 

On 11/22/2017 at 10:22 AM, Bhoop said:

@Heruseus Question, what kind of format do you prefer when it comes to the 4 tier class system? Like, is it only one path, like what fe10 did, or multiple paths, like with fe8, awakening and fates? If so, I can revise my previously suggested class as well. I don't want to be posting wrong content. 

Well, so far I'm going with one path, but if you want to design multiple its up to you.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:35 AM, Bhoop said:

Dude. This sounds awesome. For now, I have these as my ideas for your 4-tier classes, I'll try to come up with more!

Fliers:

1) Sky Knight (Pegasus Knight)

2) Alicorn Knight (FalcoKnight, but the horn is real, not armor, gains axes and bows or light magic) OR Sky Lord (gains staves and swords)

3) Alicorn Lord (From Alicorn Knight only, gains Savior and Pierce)/ Sky God(From Sky Lord only, gains Stun and Sky's Will (invulnerable to effective damage, instead takes half from those effective weapons)

4) Alicorn's Bond (From Alicorn Lord Only, Description: The flier has become one with the Alicorn they ride with, increasing their synergy in battle) (They gain Bond, an ability where initiating attack adds bonuses to offence, and bonuses to defence when defending during enemy phase)/ Sister Sky(From Sky God only. These fliers call the sky their home. When above terrain that has bonuses for ground troops, they gain those bonuses * 1.5. They also gain a rally spectrum skill that increases ally stats by 1 or 2, your choice).

The idea is that the Alicorn route is more of a glass cannon with more movement than the Sky route. They are intended to be in the heat of battle, with the option to save an ally if necessary. The Sky route is a more supportive route, with average damage and utility. They are intended to tank damage and aid rather than kill enemy units. 

I hope you like this! You of course can modify this however you like. My computer is lagging a bit...SO I'll put the rest of my ideas later. Sorry.

Yes, I am quoting myself to correct my own post. 

Sky Knight-----> Alicorn route for FEMALES ONLY

Sky Knight----> Sky Lord route for MALES ONLY. (Sister Sky's name is now Sky Speaker)

Also, here's a monster class...

Ghost---These creatures/people have lost all memory of their time in the land of the living, yet they have stayed, why? Only the Gods know...

Lost Soul---sword/lance/axe/bow (one at a time, like the armor knights in radiant dawn) (skill : discipline these undead warriors know how to wield their weapons. From a past life, maybe?)

Phantom---Same weapon as before+1 other of their choosing, like the paladin's choice in PoR, or could be similar to the armor knight RD's promotions.(learns armstrift these undead warriors know how to keep their weapon in good shape, whether they know it or not...

Wight---Three of the four physical weapons (learns Spirit Barrier (halves physical damage taken) these warriors have been dead long enough that the physical world has become to impact them less and less...)

Ghost of a Warrior---master of all four weapons (learns Will of the Dead (halves magic damage taken, and halves hit from status effect staves.) Only sheer willpower is keeping these powerful beings going, their ghostly bodies now even ignoring the effects of some magic...)

EDIT: Every fallen ally comes back as a level 1 Lost Soul with the same stats upon death in the next chapter, if the player wishes it to be so. These stats exclude move and constitution and weight. Mages will lose their magic prowess when becoming a Lost Soul, with D rank in a random weapon, or a weapon of the players choice.

Ghosts use master seals or the equivalent of HERO CRESTS to promote. The unit also loses all supports and the ability to make supports. 

Kudos to @SoulWeaver for inspiring me to make backstories for these classes. Am still kind of working on the others.

Edited by Bhoop

Tier 1: Rune Knight's Squire - A squire that has the potential for magic (Basically a mercenary with better magic and res growths)

Tier 2: Rune Knight - A season knight who dove into the realm of magic (Basically a master of arms with magic instead of axes)

Tier 3: Sword Sage - A knight who magically bonded with he/her weapon (Think Ezra from Fairy Tail's Heaven's Wheel Armor, allow swords and lances to be 2 range and deal Mag/atk depending on which one is higher to def/res depending on which one is lower)

Tier 4: Sword Saint - A sword sage who truly mastered his/her art (All attacks gain the brave effect and has a base of 10% chance to crit)

On 12/2/2017 at 11:40 AM, DDDHunter said:

Tier 1: Rune Knight's Squire - A squire that has the potential for magic (Basically a mercenary with better magic and res growths)

Tier 2: Rune Knight - A season knight who dove into the realm of magic (Basically a master of arms with magic instead of axes)

Tier 3: Sword Sage - A knight who magically bonded with he/her weapon (Think Ezra from Fairy Tail's Heaven's Wheel Armor, allow swords and lances to be 2 range and deal Mag/atk depending on which one is higher to def/res depending on which one is lower)

Tier 4: Sword Saint - A sword sage who truly mastered his/her art (All attacks gain the brave effect and has a base of 10% chance to crit)

I also really like this one. Also that FT reference... MMMM GUCCI

On 11/29/2017 at 11:34 AM, Bhoop said:

:D Thank you for making this topic.

I just wanted to play pretend for awhile tbh