Who are you Supporting?

SatsumaFSoysoy

Just now, mampfoid said:

Does everybody chose either their favorite/waifu or their strongest units to have an additional boost? I'd like to find a unit that was close of being useful, but with +2 on all stats (its like a +5 merge) could become a strong force of its own. Perhaps Merric (5* +HP -RES) could be good with +2 on all stats and TA Raven built? 

Other candidates would be Rebecca, Hawkeye, Tobin and Brave Roy (-ATK). 

Waifu and strongest unit in my case. Also, Nowi's useful in literally every non-emblem team so it's quite optimal as well.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Does everybody chose either their favorite/waifu or their strongest units to have an additional boost? I'd like to find a unit that was close of being useful, but with +2 on all stats (its like a +5 merge) could become a strong force of its own. Perhaps Merric (5* +HP -RES) could be good with +2 on all stats and TA Raven built? 

Other candidates would be Rebecca, Hawkeye, Tobin and Brave Roy (-ATK). 

I just chose the unit I liked best.

13 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Is the update not yet in the ios version? It hasn't appeared for me...

It should be, just go to the App Store itself and find it there.

Unless it's only some ios version for now.

@mampfoid I use my support to fix my -Atk favourite units. Also it depends on what's currently on- for example, Hector would love a boost on top of the mini-TT stat boost.

I paired summoner with Reinhardt because I want him even stronger and is my most used unit but might change to Cherche.

As for pairs I already did 

Reinhardt/ Cecilia

Eirika/ Ephraim

Bunny Lucina/ Nino

Hector/Tharja

Stahl/Titania

Tana/Innes

Azura/M!Robin

Cordelia/Cherche

Brave Lucina/Selena

I'll be thinking of others that either have good synergy or just want them together. 

4 minutes ago, Nowi said:

I see many people opted for Reinhardt/Brave Lyn as their summoner pairing. To be fair, wouldn't you say they are powerful enough nukes on their own already? 

What's stronger than a powerful nuke? A powerful nuke with +2 to every stat.

Just now, Nowi said:

But does it make any difference to regular matches? 

A bit, yes. In Infernal GHBs, we're getting to the point that natures can make or break strats, so these extra stat points help. In Arena, you often end up facing enemies with merge levels much higher than yours, so the Support system can help make up for that. Of course, we don't know if Arena Defense teams get Support bonuses yet.

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

A bit, yes. In Infernal GHBs, we're getting to the point that natures can make or break strats, so these extra stat points help. In Arena, you often end up facing enemies with merge levels much higher than yours, so the Support system can help make up for that. Of course, we don't know if Arena Defense teams get Support bonuses yet.

Hmm, this does make the choice more difficult. Decisions, decisions... 

After some contemplating I decided to have my summoner to support Cecilia she is mine second most favorite movies gal as well  as my strongest unit. She may not be Lyn, but he'll if I don't get do everything in my might to prove she was is best green and haired mage out there. 

For units

Hector x Brave Lyn, they will be spending lot of time with together in TT as Lyn is going replace Bridelia as combat as medic

Brave Roy x Cecilia - Roy is not optimized for the for pony  emblem yet, but but soon it will be thing. 

Azura X Tharja - seconds half of my TT team

Zephiel X Effie - they make adorable couple

Minerva X S!Corin & Palla x Cordelia - because flyer emblem of course

That's a about the it for now. I Later I am going probably with Ike X Lyn or Ike x Lucina (or both). 

Edited by Tenzen12

34 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

[...]

@mampfoid I use my support to fix my -Atk favourite units. Also it depends on what's currently on- for example, Hector would love a boost on top of the mini-TT stat boost.

I was thinking of Hector too, but I won't use him much in TT, he would spoil the speed score. For now Masked Marth will enjoy the boost until I find another candidate. 

2 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Out of curiosity why it should ruin speed score? My TT team has him and he is killing enemies pretty  fast...

He has low movement, so it takes him longer to get to certain enemies then it takes other units. Counterkilling also generally takes a bit longer then nuking things, since it's more difficult to do a lot in one turn.

I suppose he can work, but he needs a good bit of support to do so (movement support and a healer), which other units don't really need.

16 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I was thinking of Hector too, but I won't use him much in TT, he would spoil the speed score. For now Masked Marth will enjoy the boost until I find another candidate. 

I'm kind of forced to use him since he's my only 40% 5 star candidate. I mean I guess there's 4 star Eliwood as well, who might go with Ursula but it is a good way to get SP and grind HM for Hector, too.

But I supported him with Olivia and gave him Pivot at least. His teammates will be Masked Marth and maybe Ursula as well so their mobility should do the main heavy lifting, while Hector can be the baiting unit in those maps where you need to trigger the enemy to move.

Anyway, finally got my first B support with Mae + Robin M since I was power levelling him up after 5 starring him.

Edited by mcsilas

21 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

He has low movement, so it takes him longer to get to certain enemies then it takes other units. Counterkilling also generally takes a bit longer then nuking things, since it's more difficult to do a lot in one turn.

I suppose he can work, but he needs a good bit of support to do so (movement support and a healer), which other units don't really need.

I run him with Sol and QP so he doesn't  need much outside of the  healing, (Bridelia, is still happy to oblige) . He indeed is slow but dancer and pivot is usually all it takes  to  get him into enemy and range. 

But well I guess it can be trouble if you don't have good team synergy to utilize the him. 

Edited by Tenzen12

4 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I run him with Solid and QP so he doesn't  need much  healing. He indeed is slow but dancer and pivot is usually all it takes  to  get him into enemy and range. 

But well I guess it can be trouble if you don't have good team synergy. 

I guess it will depend also on the maps they choose for this TT. Perhaps I will rotate him in my team later. But he doesn't lack SP and has full HM, so no need. 

My +3 Lloyd. Not sure if he's my best unit but I definitely put the most work into him.  

Ninian and Bride Cordelia are supporting for practical reasons. 

I wish there was a currency cost to start and upgrade supports.  Assuming I'm not missing anything, right now there's no reason not to make all your units support.

Man, I thought it was cool how my current main team was all Elibe units, but I don't want to have Roy marry Lyn, Ursula, or Ninian.

I guess I'll pair Lyn/Ninian because they're the best ship out of this team and Roy/Ursula at least means he isn't marrying one of his potential moms.

Will definitely pair Hector and Effie, because with support boost plus Hector's Armor support plus Pivot leapfrogging, they will be pretty damn good together.

Also will be pairing up Olivia and Brave Lyn, because they've been spending a lot of time together nuking everyone in CC/Arena.  Wouldrecommend/10 to my fellow F2P brahs.