Who are you Supporting?

SatsumaFSoysoy

Alright let's see.. most of them are for gameplay purposes, the italic ones for Fun.

• Summoner x Lilina x Hector (As much as I like you Roy, she's mine. And Hector is a Bro)
  • Effie x Amelia
  • Xander x Cecilia
  • Camus x Titania
  • Brave Lyn x Eldigan
  • Alfonse x Sharena (Can't go without incest in my Fire Emblem I'm afraid)
  • Mae x Ninian
  • Nino x Eirika
  • Reinhardt x Ursula
  • Alm x Faye (suck it Celica)
  • Olivia x Klein
  • Caeda x Cherche
  • Hinoka x Bunny Cam
  • Priscilla x Peri
  • Lucina x Nowi (Both needed a partner, and both are from awakening.. yes that's the only Reason)
  • Valter x Camilla (Creepy Fliers unite!)
  • Fae x Y.Tiki
  • Sanaki x Brave Ike (Leftover pairing, but it fits surprisingly well I dare say)

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus far I've just done Titania/Xander because while I often send Reinhardt off to do this own thing, Titania is typically really close to xander since he appreciates the speed boost.

I also did Zephiel/Effie and Wendy/Sheena. The armors are always next to each other so...

I haven't decided who I'll summoner support with. Reinhardt maybe since I am always using him alllll the tiiiiiime, but I like lots of units.

It's nice that you can break & restart supports but I do wish it would remember the support ranking. it'd be fun to support everyone with everyone and just swap out the active supports as you needed.

Took some deliberation but eventually settled on giving the summoner support to Brave Lyn not because she's OP but more of because it's Lyn (one of my most favorite FE characters) and that her dialogue indicates that she really cares out her summoner, moreso than regular Lyn does. Bride Lyn wouldn't make good use out of those stat boosts since as a healer, she ideally wants to stay out of combat aside from gimping somebody with Candlelight + Dazzling Staff 3 combo.

Also did the following ally supports:

Brave Lyn + Lyn

Xander + Reinhardt

Wow, it takes a really long time to get the later levels of supports here. Tested out how long it took to get to the S-ranking with Eirika and Reinhardt, and while they did get it that took me about ... I want to say approximately 2-3 stamina bottles worth of battles to do that? I'm going to have to think out all of my possible support pairs to make sure that they're actually going to be deployed together most of the time ... otherwise this will be a big waste of time grinding out support levels between units who never fight together.

Haven't used summoner support yet. I don't know if I will.

8 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm guessing you can't grind for supports in Arena Assault? I haven't tried anything with supports yet because I want to spend my game time leveling up certain characters while we've got double EXP and SP.

Considering you have to change units after every match, unless you're trying to grind a little bit for everyone it's not the most efficient. Also, if you're asking whether we get support points or not I actually have no idea.

Edited by Sunwoo

I figured, given my Ike bias, I'll take Brave Ike as my summoner support and be nice enough to give good ol' PoR Ike to Soren for unit support.

My Lynfantry unit could go for some extra bulk as well so I'll probably switch over her every so often.

Update of my Supports~

I still have Summer!Elise as my SS, and she and Lance!Lucina are still AS. Summer!Elise, my favorite bisexual loli waifu, showed Lance!Lucina and I the best way to look cute while training, and as the three of us later gazed up into the night sky we shared our dreams of love, hope, and beaches. (I've gotten to A rank on Summer!Elise as both SS and AS, but I haven't acheived S rank yet).

Roy and Innes later found respect for each other while facing a dangerous enemy alongside the overly-freindly female couple, and have thus continued fighting by each others' side. Later, Roy found Innes training and taught him some things his father taught him of the battlefield. (they're on the same team as S!Elise and L!Lucina, and they've just acheived B rank).

Gray and Takumi have started a friendly rivalry on who can defend S!Elise and Lissa the best. Lissa, while feeling left out, still has hopes of attaining good friends in Askr. (Gray and Takumi are C rank, while Lissa doesn't have AS with anyone yet).

I swear...someone's going to start making fanfictions based on their SS/AS pairings. I bet you on it.

I'm not sure if anyone's posted this (I saw something a couple pages back but my numbers are vastly different so...yeah):

Support between Caeda: Talys' Heart and Corrin: Novice Vacationer --

• B Support was attained after a total of 14 KOs (12 Caeda/2 Corrin)
  • A Support was attained after 53 more KOs (46 Caeda/7 Corrin), for a total of 67 KOs
  • S Support was attained after 108 more KOs (92 Caeda/16 Corrin), for a total of 175 KOs.

Based on that, my hypothesis is that 10/60/175 total KOs are the support thresholds, with the counts not resetting after each support level. This assumes no miscounts and no weirdness like faster support building due to them both being fliers (or similar). I'll probably try testing that more rigorously later.

As for the summoner support with Caeda: Talys' Heart:

• B Support was attained after a total of 25 KOs
  • A Support was attained after 98 more KOs, for a total of 123 KOs (I think I may have miscounted somewhere along the line here).
  • S Support has not yet been attained.

I will most likely not retest this one, because it's such a pain to build the summoner support.

Edited by LordFrigid

I'm not 100% certain, but I think it goes up for any battle where one of the units makes an attack and survives (much like gaining experience). The help text says nothing about getting a kill, after all. If true, it would mean that you might be better off using a weaker weapon and grinding it up on a low offense, high defense enemy (unless it caps out). I've had an easy enough time getting Felicia and Azura up together, despite Felicia needing two rounds to kill half the enemies.

Also I'm sure someone's said so already, but it seems that you can't see other players' supports, and enemies in Arena won't have supports either.

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'm not 100% certain, but I think it goes up for any battle where one of the units makes an attack and survives (much like gaining experience). The help text says nothing about getting a kill, after all. If true, it would mean that you might be better off using a weaker weapon and grinding it up on a low offense, high defense enemy (unless it caps out). I've had an easy enough time getting Felicia and Azura up together, despite Felicia needing two rounds to kill half the enemies.

Huh...you're right, KOs aren't mentioned at all. I must've glossed over that when reading. I would imagine it caps though, otherwise you could just sit a melee unit in front of a ranged unit (or vice versa) and just watch for a few hundred turns. Caeda sitting in front of [insert name of mage here] would be a great example of that, actually.

Edit: ignore me, I glossed over in my reading again =P .

Edited by LordFrigid

Just now, LordFrigid said:

Huh...you're right, KOs aren't mentioned at all. I must've glossed over that when reading. I would imagine it caps though, otherwise you could just sit a melee unit in front of a ranged unit (or vice versa) and just watch for a few hundred turns. Caeda sitting in front of [insert name of mage here] would be a great example of that, actually.

I'm pretty sure your unit has to deal damage, so receiving hits only works if you can counter and do more than 0. I wish they used the little heart animation to show support gains, so people would know exactly what helps and what doesn't.

Just now, Johann said:

I'm pretty sure your unit has to deal damage, so receiving hits only works if you can counter and do more than 0. I wish they used the little heart animation to show support gains, so people would know exactly what helps and what doesn't.

Yeah, I realized you said "makes an attack" above and edited accordingly, my bad.

Ryoma is a pretty obvious choice for me---not only is he my favorite character, but he also is a longtime mainstay of my arena team and also benefits from all his stats raised given his mixed PP/EP playstyle. I also S ranked him with Reinhardt since I use the two together all the time.

Screenshot_20170906-185711.png?width=559

Here he is with his new husband Reinhardt:

Screenshot_20170906-011541.png?width=559

Ryoma can reach 30 res with Rein's bonuses and buffs from fort res 1. That's pretty huge vs threats like fully buffed Bunny Cam and Cecilia. Especially on a defense tile.

Edited by Thor Odinson

So I of course summoner supported Cordelia currently have her at A level. In other pairings, Eirika and Ephraim, okay no I didn't do it for that reason, I did it as they are always part of my main team and close together to give buffs to each other and allies then I did Male Corrin and Female Corrin (this is my meme one) and then I'll probably do Camilla and Easter Camilla since they can go sit together for all I care, other then that I really have no plans for this until I get some units like Hector, Chrom, or Jaffar.

Oh yeah, don't know if I mentioned it, but I'm Summoner Supporting Julia, at least for now. If I get Ninian sometime soon, then I may switch to her, since she'll probably take over Azura's role of my main dancer.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Man, did you guys burn some stamina potions or something? I'm still at A support with Celica.

I burned like three or four last night for Brave Lucina/Masked Marth, but Summoner Support and any others will be waiting until the Tempest Trial Mini. Grinding on the Training Tower is way too boring and stamina-intensive. Although, I'm not sure whether completed Chain Challenges would give any less support, so that may be the better option.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Man, did you guys burn some stamina potions or something? I'm still at A support with Celica.

Yes.

~

@Johann I just went in with Adult Tiki and Ninian (supporting each other for testing purposes), with Tiki unequipped. Azura snagged every kill except for a lone Hector, who Tiki face-tanked for about 9 turns (they had built up some support through actual combat). Olivia KO'd Hector, and after the battle Ninian and Tiki got B support.

I need to go retest this with someone else, starting from ground zero...but......lol.

Edit: Yes, it happened again, using F!Corrin and Ninian, with F!Corrin tanking reds for a total of ~100 turns across about 4 different battles, and Ninian taking 3 KOs. Ninian did not KO the battle B support was attained. I think that either 1) no-counterattack fighting is worth less than fights where attacks are made and/or 2) support points are capped in each battle. I'll try the latter with a fresh support.

Edit 2: There seems to be a battle cap. 1 battle of 100 turns of face-tanking did not yield a support level increase. 1 further battle of 3 KOs with units within support range did not yield a support level increase.

And now I'm just going to stop and do things normally because that's boring as heck.

Edited by LordFrigid

Did anyone else notice that they perfectly recapture Beruka and Saizo's C Support?

My pairings so far

Titania x Elise

Xander x Ursula

Leo x Eldigan

Camus x Cecilia

Hinoka x Palla

SCorrin x SCamilla

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Titania x Elise

Xander x Ursula

Leo x Eldigan

Camus x Cecilia

Hinoka x Palla

SCorrin x SCamilla

They all look utilitarian, but for a bunch of them I can see some character workability from a personality perspective. Hinoka and Palla could be imagined as a tweak on Minerva and her Whitewings. TitaniaxElise reminds me of Fates's CamillaxElise and PoR's MistxTitania. CamusxCecilia being like her and Perceval. And SCorrin + SCamilla certainly have reasons for why it'd work.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Initially went for the summoner support on Bowlyn, but swapped to Cecilia soon after when I saw how long the grind would be.

Only Pairings I bothered setting up so far are Cecilia x Bowlyn and Eliwood x Ninian. (All 4 of which I expect to be on the main score grinding team for the mini TT)

The summoner + ally supports stacking is pretty cool, never thought I'd see 45+ spd on a Cecilia.

Spoiler

59b0aece7509a_fehceciliasupportsmax.thumb.png.6cff9ca7124f592f45b6d07f7ee68632.png

I'm confused by the supports.  They're the A+ supports from Fates, though they threw in the wedding background and music too? Was Nintendo's troll game just too strong?

...Also for anyone who cares, I picked Ephraim.  I wanted to pick Marth initially as a OTL because I can, but I only have him as a 4* :P Then I was sorely tempted by Reinhardt, and Camus, and Berkut, and Clive, and Ike, and and and....

forgive this sinner please

Edited by mewyeon

8 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

I'm confused by the supports.  They're the A+ supports from Fates, though they threw in the wedding background and music too? Was Nintendo's troll game just too strong?

They're whatever you want them to be >w>.

Maxed out my first ally support which was Katarina & Nino. They were already on my main team so it wasn't difficult.

Meanwhile, I started to level the Brave!Ike & Lukas support only to realize how awkward it is that both are voiced by Greg Chun.