Who are you Supporting?

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

It would be funny if we grinded supports by putting the units next to each and hitting end turn 40 times in a row. @Glaceon Mage

Maybe, it just looks like a boy to me.

Sounds like me playing GBA Fire Emblem tbh.

Though while I'm here might as well ask, If I deploy Leo and 3 Cecilias, and Leo kills an enemy within 2 tiles of two or more Cecilias, Is that more points?  Don't think it is but...

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

Sounds like me playing GBA Fire Emblem tbh.

Though while I'm here might as well ask, If I deploy Leo and 3 Cecilias, and Leo kills an enemy within 2 tiles of two or more Cecilias, Is that more points?  Don't think it is but...

Turn count be darned, I always do that when I play GBA.  Grinding supports made me think of FE6's terrible support growth rates for some reason.

Was there a jealousy mechanic in one of the games, or am I imagining that?  I can imagine all the Cecilias fighting over which one of them Leo loves most.

I decided to do the following Supports

Reinhardt and Camus, Xander and Cecilia, Nino and Eirika, Tharja and Sharena.

Really I just figured: "Well, if these two teams are basically permanent, I might as well make them support each other."

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Turn count be darned, I always do that when I play GBA.  Grinding supports made me think of FE6's terrible support growth rates for some reason.

Was there a jealousy mechanic in one of the games, or am I imagining that?  I can imagine all the Cecilias fighting over which one of them Leo loves most.

That was Genealogy that had the jealousy mechanic. Whichever character has a higher priority in their support list, they would take the points from anyone else that was close enough, I think within a two-space area. Things might get a bit more awkward if the same person is taking points away from herself, though.

Also, not sure if it's been brought up yet, but Chain Challenges are far easier to use for building supports. Doing one 6 map Lunatic Paralogue that I hadn't completed yet brought two pairs up from nothing to B rank. I did a 10 map Chain Challenge on Normal as well, this time one that I had already completed, and it brought another pair from just before B rank all the way to A rank right at the end. I did care more about positioning my units close to each other on the Normal one, but the actual amount gained per battle must have been the same.

Edited by DefaultBeep

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Grinding supports in FE6 was the worst due to the arbitrary limit on gains in a chapter across all pairs and numerous 1+1...  I'm glad FE7 changed both of those at least.

Of course I'll still pair Roy/Shanna anyway a lot of the time though.

Yeah, FE4 had a jealousy mechanic.  That's an amusing mental image though, haha.

Let's see, so far I'm supporting...

Summon/Xander
Xander/Olwen
Reinhardt/Cecilia
Brave Roy/Brave Lyn
Eliwood/Roderick
Camus/Eldigan
Frederick/Leo
Titania/Cain
Summer Corrin/Minerva
Valter/Palla
Tsubaki/Narcian
Zephiel/Sheena
Effie/Gwendolyn
Nino/Eirika
Spring Lucina/Olivia
Nowi/Masked Marth

I made a couple new support pairs for my Tempest team.

Soren x Ninian, since he can support a fellow half dragon subhuman.

Reinhardt x "Marth" for the other pair.

16 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Of course I'll still pair Roy/Shanna anyway a lot of the time though.

Odd, not Roy/Wolt?

So, when the Black Knight and Nephenee get added, any plans for them? DonnelxNeph pops readily into my head. As does the Black Knight & Camus the Sable (Black Knight in Japanese), until Ares is added at least. Once Ares shows up, which Black Knight gets the curb in this love triangle and which two become the FE celebrity duo known as Doubly Dark I cannot yet say.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Odd, not Roy/Wolt?

So, when the Black Knight and Nephenee get added, any plans for them? DonnelxNeph pops readily into my head. As does the Black Knight & Camus the Sable (Black Knight in Japanese), until Ares is added at least. Once Ares shows up, which Black Knight gets the curb in this love triangle and which two become the FE celebrity duo known as Doubly Dark I cannot yet say.

I do Roy/Wolt sometimes too.

But as far as romantic Roy supports Shanna > Wolt.  Wolt's a brother figure, not a romantic interest!

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Odd, not Roy/Wolt?

Black Knight x Mist, to make good the BK's threat to Greil.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Odd, not Roy/Wolt?

Black Knight/Zephiel, but only if BK is indeed a sword armor. For both of them being heavily armored mostly-antagonists, their personalities are incredibly different if I remember right, and that mix of striking similarity and stark contrast is intriguing to me. Plus I might put BK on my armor team, and Zephiel's a mainstay there currently. Although, speaking of Zephiel, Zephiel/Michalis could make for an interesting couple...

Oboro/Nephenee could have potential. I imagine their friendship would begin with Oboro trying to forcibly teach Nephenee about fashion and etiquette, but as their bond grows stronger, they realize that true beauty lies inside their hearts, not their fabric. And they both apparently make faces that scare children and others, so that could be a fun conversation starter.

Love:

Sanaki, in a heartbeat.

Strictly business (aka stats):

Charlotte

Funny (not so much for me), I grinded for S-support with Sanaki yesterday and got the adorable little cutscene. Cute little church and everything.

Fast-forward a few hours later and I accidentally delete the support and end up with Charlotte because I mistook Ally Support and all that. welp, at least I can make her into an actual badass, this time around.

24 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Black Knight/Zephiel, but only if BK is indeed a sword armor. For both of them being heavily armored mostly-antagonists, their personalities are incredibly different if I remember right, and that mix of striking similarity and stark contrast is intriguing to me. Plus I might put BK on my armor team, and Zephiel's a mainstay there currently. Although, speaking of Zephiel, Zephiel/Michalis could make for an interesting couple...

Oboro/Nephenee could have potential. I imagine their friendship would begin with Oboro trying to forcibly teach Nephenee about fashion and etiquette, but as their bond grows stronger, they realize that true beauty lies inside their hearts, not their fabric. And they both apparently make faces that scare children and others, so that could be a fun conversation starter.

I can't imagine them giving the BK anything but Alondite.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I can't imagine them giving the BK anything but Alondite.

I was less unsure about the sword part, and more toward the armor part. I think it would only make sense if he is a sword armor, but since the Quick Hero Battle didn't reveal his or Nephenee's exact unit types (although flier and cavalier are probably unlikely), I'm remaining open to the possibility that he could be made infantry. But again, being an armor unit seems much more likely, for sure.

Spoiler

xPoswYx.jpg

Listen, guys, I'm very happy for you, but could this maybe wait until another time? We're about to kill Hector, like, as soon as you're done with all this.

Anyway, while those two do their thing, I've also started a support between Eirika and Lilina. It might change if I get someone else who can use a -blade tome (or bother raising up Nino), but for now, Lilina's gonna be hanging out with someone who truly appreciates her for her Rauðrblade+ personality.

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:
  Hide contents

xPoswYx.jpg

Listen, guys, I'm very happy for you, but could this maybe wait until another time? We're about to kill Hector, like, as soon as you're done with all this.

Anyway, while those two do their thing, I've also started a support between Eirika and Lilina. It might change if I get someone else who can use a -blade tome (or bother raising up Nino), but for now, Lilina's gonna be hanging out with someone who truly appreciates her for her Rauðrblade+ personality.

Notice how Feh is right there, watching.

I'm supporting Selena because I'm determined to make her a half-decent unit. It's not like she's a bad unit in the first place! baka

In all seriousness, I'm just doing this to see if it makes a huge difference, it won't. Assuming that's the case, I'll just change it to Berkut or Brave Lyn. 

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Notice how Feh is right there, watching.

I can't tell if she's also happy for them, disappointed in their poor timing, or nervous for their upcoming match (especially poor Azura with that Sapphire Lance). Or perhaps she's more of a Xander/Reinhardt kind of bird, so she's just waiting and hoping for this relationship to end in shambles so her own dreams can become a reality. Her poker face is impeccable.