Japanese Fire Emblem Warriors Live Stream footage was posted!

Folt

Shows us how Rowan and Lianna meet Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick. Also, the battle map seen is the very same map featured in the demo, so now we know where it comes from.

Edited by Folt

Oh, and doubleposting, but I caught Lianna's Lv. 1 Stats from that footage:

• HP: 50
  • Str: 6
  • Mag: 6
  • Skl: 8
  • Spd: 7
  • Lck: 8
  • Def: 6
  • Res: 7

(And we can assume her move will be a flat 5.)

Her first level up gave +5 to HP and one point to every stat except Strength BTW.

Oh, and because Lianna started at Lv. 1, the point where they meet the Chrom's group and the battle that occurs afterwards could possibly be the very first playable stage of Story Mode. Given that the first (and so far, only) character you'll be able to switch to in this stage is Lissa, that gives credence to their claims that they wanted the twins' weapons to be the same for tutorial reasons, given that you have to pick one of them to start with.

4 minutes ago, Folt said:

Oh, and because Lianna started at Lv. 1, the point where they meet the Chrom's group and the battle that occurs afterwards could possibly be the very first playable stage of Story Mode. Given that the first (and so far, only) character you'll be able to switch to in this stage is Lissa, that gives credence to their claims that they wanted the twins' weapons to be the same for tutorial reasons, given that you have to pick one of them to start with.

Looks like the second stage, actually, if that "2" on the loading screen is any indication.

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

Looks like the second stage, actually, if that "2" on the loading screen is any indication.

Then I bet that will be the stage that teaches you a bit about switching characters then.

Just now, Folt said:

Then I bet that will be the stage that teaches you a bit about switching characters then.

First stage will probably be that map where we saw a screenshot of Rowan fighting a bunch of monsters by his lonesome. A solo tutorial stage framed as a sort of "escape from the castle before it gets overrun" scenario to teach you the basics, before level two throws character switching at you.

6 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

First stage will probably be that map where we saw a screenshot of Rowan fighting a bunch of monsters by his lonesome. A solo tutorial stage framed as a sort of "escape from the castle before it gets overrun" scenario to teach you the basics, before level two throws character switching at you.

That's what I meant.

Also, I see now that that's probably the case: I took a look at Lianna's EXP bar at the start of the battle, and it's actually somewhat filled up, which probably comes from the monsters.

The level they're playing through is also undoubtably the point that's going to teach you to play (and level up) characters other than the twin of your choice, because the fortress that Lianna goes into contains a couple Lance users and that's also conveniently when you get the ability to switch to Lissa and her Axe.

Edited by Folt

3 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

One other thing to note, this is our first time seeing Darius actually on the battlefield. Not that there was any doubt, but that formally confirms he has a moveset, at least, and will almost certainly be playable.

It formally confirms that he will appear on the battlefield in some manner, but we still don't know if he's actually gonna be playable. Don't be too hasty.

3 minutes ago, Folt said:

It formally confirms that he will appear on the battlefield in some manner, but we still don't know if he's actually gonna be playable. Don't be too hasty.

Hence "almost certainly".

He could just be a generic Swordmaster ally with a unique model, but that's pretty rare for these games to do.

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

He could just be a generic Swordmaster ally with a unique model, but that's pretty rare for these games to do.

Not as rare as you'd think.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Not as rare as you'd think.

Fair enough. Most of my knowledge outside of Hyrule Warriors is secondhand, so the only reason I'd think that is from other people saying "everybody is always playable in these games".

Either way, I'm gonna bet he'll be playable. If he bites it and/or turns out to be a villain during the story, though, he might not be added until an update like Cia's crew.

52 minutes ago, Corbin said:

Lianna is Weiss Schnee confirmed! But seriously, I love that pair-up attack, it totally blows Rowan's out of the water.

giphy.gif

Definitely choosing Lianna between the two. Design wise she is a tad bit better, and as far as a move set goes she seems far more flashier and fun. Rowan just feels too generic, give him a bit of a better hairstyle, and a better moveset and I think he wouldnt be so bad.

1 hour ago, Corbin said:

Lianna is Weiss Schnee confirmed! But seriously, I love that pair-up attack, it totally blows Rowan's out of the water.

The first thing I thought when I saw the attack.

18 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

It's rare in the licensed games, but Samurai Warriors 4 (and all the games based on it, like Spirit of Sanada, Chronicles 3, 4 Empires) had a fairly large number of unique NPCs - They had unique designs, generally just the face, helmet and colors, but reused the movesets of generic officers. Fire Emblem in some ways might end up closer to a standard Musou, due to the characters being split into classes rather than all having their own exclusive techniques and abilities in the source material. Especially considering how we seem to be getting that "History" mode which will likely force the inclusion of several villains, I won't be surprised if there are more unique npcs here that aren't playable

Samurai Warriors 4 did include a way to play with the generic officers though, and Hyrule Warriors soon added its three unique enemies as playable characters through a patch. So, they can add support later through updates but they might also avoid it if they really have no unique movesets at all, -  unless there's some universal system to play as generic officers like in SW4.

Edited by NeonZ