Intelligent Systems is monitoring this thread: Poast your suggestions/requests here!

Charmeleonbrah

As we all know, along with the CIA, FBI, and NSA, Intelligent Systems is reading this forum as we speak.  And why wouldn't they?  Our content is impeccable.  With that in mind, we should start a thread in which we list certain things which we would like to see added to this game in the future.

Story: It would be great if the story could be fleshed out a bit more.  Perhaps add some paralogues which go into Bruno/Veronica's past ala Kishuna.

Characters: Everyone's favorite characters are different, but we may be able to come to a consensus on which ones should be added.  Here's my list:

FE6: Milady, Critger, Sue/Sin

FE7: Linus, Sonia & Limstella, Nergal

PoR: Tibarn, Jill (the superior redhead Wyvern Rider)

Awakening: Gregor! Also Sumia.  It's implied canon that she is Chrom's wife.

Quests: Have a GHB against the legends (Durban, etc.) where the reward is a legendary weapon, like Armads, Durandal, Aura, etc.

Voting gauntlet: 2 on 2?  It would be like doubles tennis.  Have one be popular and the other one less so. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to stop making Armored classes being a waste. Awakening and Echoes has shown they very much need to be improved.

''Combat''

* Give them the weapon triangle, why should Cavaliers be the only class with two weapons before promotion when Armor Knights could use two weapons in FE1 too. RD had a good idea making it so Paladins could use one weapon, while Generals got two.
* Give them higher resistance then most other physical classes just like in Radiant Dawn.
* Armor Equipment which increases their defense, similar to large shields in Berwick Saga.
* Make their defense noticeably higher then the mounted classes.
* Don't make anti Armor weapons so common if they are already weak to magic.
* In games where Armor knights gain a bunch of weapon ranks upon promotion to General, and weapon EXP grinding is difficult, and time consuming, the General class should have at least a Base Rank of C in each of these weapon types. Looking at you Thracia 776.

''Skills''

* Armored units get a classic Pavise/Great Shield that nullifies all damage, or just magic considering its their biggest weakness. Generals nullifying magic damage was helpful in the Jugdral titles and Sacred Stones, while nullifying melee damage in Awakening was particularly useless, especially as Generals had low skill which effected the activation rate.
* Armored units get a skill that reduces enemy critical, basically the opposite of how Swordmasters/Berserkers have a critical up.

* Alternatively Armored units get a skill that reduces the damage of an enemy critical.

* Giving them sort of provoke skill, this worked wonders in PoR for Gatrie. It would be a command skill rather then a passive skill, like the provoke skill in Berwick Saga.
* Alternatively give them a skill, that creates a chance that when an enemy attacks a nearby ally, there is a chance they'll end up facing the armor Knight instead. This would be similar to the Guard skill in Berwick saga.
* Armor Knights have a skill where nearby ally units have increased defense and resistance like in Vestaria saga. For reference, units near the armor character in Vestaria Saga get +5 defense and resistance.

''Movement''

* Have their movement increase during indoor chapters similar to Mages in the Desert.
* Speaking of deserts, Armors shouldn't lose movement as their move is already bad, it cripples them beyond belief. Instead Armored Move should stay the same, so every non mage/flier, has move just as bad, or worse then Armored units. An InUniverse explanation can be the classes fortitude isn't results in them being able to tough out a mere sandstorm.
* I noticed in FE2 that Armored units benefited greatly from Desert chapters were all non flying/magic units have their movement reduced to 1, yet in other games, Armored Units have no such advantage in the desert, and are even worse. This is because Armored Units already have bad movement, so losing as much move(3), the same as a horse unit, is very harmful in those games.
* Give them shield equipment which increases dodge chance, or just a secondary dodge like effect which either nullifies or decreases damage. 
* Shields could also greatly increase defense for armored units, similar to the point of armor knights having significantly higher defense then other classes.
* Another thing that really helps Armors is enemy reinforcements from the start of the map, and choke points. While not great as a Final class for Wi-Fi, Generals had a lot of utility in the DS Games for this reason in addition to very high base stats.
* If Dismounting exists, give dismounted cavalry the same movement that Armor Knights usually get.
* If these are too much, just give Armor Knights the same movement range as infantry units, we've had archers with 1-4 range, why not Armor Knights with regular infantry movement in one game.

Also if FE6 is remade, please buff axes and Armor units.

Also for Heroes add more Fighters/Warriors and Pirates/Berserkers. Geese and Boyd are popular, why not put them in the game?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

• Improve daggers by adding weapons that ignore buffs, or debuffs over time.
  • Improve on effective weaponry by have a slayer skill. Which has Triangle Adept 3 to all effected damaged enemies.
  • Add a skill that  reduces  the damage from consecutive hits. (Urvan)
  • Add more dragon team skills.
  • Adjust the character rarity, five star characters should be the best in the game. 
  • Give more use for badges.
  • Add Nihil for the a-slot skill.
  • Add characters that I want. 
  • Continue to have the same level of quality.
  •  Free Orbs

That is all.

...I'm sorry, but I came here thinking IS announced something like "we will be monitoring FE forums and fansites for the coming week" or something.

I can't post any of the ideas I have hoping that the right eyes see them anyways. It'd destroy me if they were actually seen and beaten down by those eyes. Hell it destroys me when one of you guys beats down my ideas. I'd be a wreck.

...but really I can't imagine IS having the time to monitor us.

Edited by Xenomata

42 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

How to stop making Armored classes being a waste. Awakening and Echoes has shown they very much need to be improved.

''Combat''

* Give them the weapon triangle, why should Cavaliers be the only class with two weapons before promotion when Armor Knights could use two weapons in FE1 too. RD had a good idea making it so Paladins could use one weapon, while Generals got two.
* Give them higher resistance then most other physical classes just like in Radiant Dawn.
* Armor Equipment which increases their defense, similar to large shields in Berwick Saga.
* Make their defense noticeably higher then the mounted classes.
* Don't make anti Armor weapons so common if they are already weak to magic.
* In games where Armor knights gain a bunch of weapon ranks upon promotion to General, and weapon EXP grinding is difficult, and time consuming, the General class should have at least a Base Rank of C in each of these weapon types. Looking at you Thracia 776.

''Skills''

* Armored units get a classic Pavise/Great Shield that nullifies all damage, or just magic considering its their biggest weakness. Generals nullifying magic damage was helpful in the Jugdral titles and Sacred Stones, while nullifying melee damage in Awakening was particularly useless, especially as Generals had low skill which effected the activation rate.
* Armored units get a skill that reduces enemy critical, basically the opposite of how Swordmasters/Berserkers have a critical up.

* Alternatively Armored units get a skill that reduces the damage of an enemy critical.

* Giving them sort of provoke skill, this worked wonders in PoR for Gatrie. It would be a command skill rather then a passive skill, like the provoke skill in Berwick Saga.
* Alternatively give them a skill, that creates a chance that when an enemy attacks a nearby ally, there is a chance they'll end up facing the armor Knight instead. This would be similar to the Guard skill in Berwick saga.
* Armor Knights have a skill where nearby ally units have increased defense and resistance like in Vestaria saga. For reference, units near the armor character in Vestaria Saga get +5 defense and resistance.

''Movement''

* Have their movement increase during indoor chapters similar to Mages in the Desert.
* Speaking of deserts, Armors shouldn't lose movement as their move is already bad, it cripples them beyond belief. Instead Armored Move should stay the same, so every non mage/flier, has move just as bad, or worse then Armored units. An InUniverse explanation can be the classes fortitude isn't results in them being able to tough out a mere sandstorm.
* I noticed in FE2 that Armored units benefited greatly from Desert chapters were all non flying/magic units have their movement reduced to 1, yet in other games, Armored Units have no such advantage in the desert, and are even worse. This is because Armored Units already have bad movement, so losing as much move(3), the same as a horse unit, is very harmful in those games.
* Give them shield equipment which increases dodge chance, or just a secondary dodge like effect which either nullifies or decreases damage. 
* Shields could also greatly increase defense for armored units, similar to the point of armor knights having significantly higher defense then other classes.
* Another thing that really helps Armors is enemy reinforcements from the start of the map, and choke points. While not great as a Final class for Wi-Fi, Generals had a lot of utility in the DS Games for this reason in addition to very high base stats.
* If Dismounting exists, give dismounted cavalry the same movement that Armor Knights usually get.
* If these are too much, just give Armor Knights the same movement range as infantry units, we've had archers with 1-4 range, why not Armor Knights with regular infantry movement in one game.

Also if FE6 is remade, please buff axes and Armor units.

Also for Heroes add more Fighters/Warriors and Pirates/Berserkers. Geese and Boyd are popular, why not put them in the game?

All great suggestions.  I think one of the reasons armored units were lackluster in Awakening/Fates was that Great Knight was a much better class.  Effie can go from 4 to 7 movement and have almost as much defense as a general.

FE6 needs a remake the most out of the GBA games.  It's maps are too long, story is underwritten, and the characters are very unbalanced.  You get like four characters a chapter.  One is a god and the other three are awful. 

We could use more dragons, especially if they come with more specialized buffs (i.e. Hone Dragons). 

I would also like to see them add the remaining Lord characters of the franchise, Sigurd and Leif. 

16 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

All great suggestions.  I think one of the reasons armored units were lackluster in Awakening/Fates was that Great Knight was a much better class.  Effie can go from 4 to 7 movement and have almost as much defense as a general.

FE6 needs a remake the most out of the GBA games.  It's maps are too long, story is underwritten, and the characters are very unbalanced.  You get like four characters a chapter.  One is a god and the other three are awful. 

Great Knights getting more weapons and nearly the same stats as General was definitely a bad idea introduced by Awakening.

Also glancing at the choose your legend result, Gonzales got 767 votes.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

2 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

[...]

Story: It would be great if the story could be fleshed out a bit more.  Perhaps add some paralogues which go into Bruno/Veronica's past ala Kishuna.

[...]

I would like that. Also add some more background information about each character and their relationships between each other. 

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...I'm sorry, but I came here thinking IS announced something like "we will be monitoring FE forums and fansites for the coming week" or something.

I can't post any of the ideas I have hoping that the right eyes see them anyways. It'd destroy me if they were actually seen and beaten down.

They almost certainly employ people to regularly observe fan communities, but mostly as a way of seeing how well received their content is. I wouldn't say it's impossible that they'd take ideas, but most suggestion posts are verbose, meandering, self-indulgent, complicated, and/or unbalanced and not worth a paid employee's time.

And now here's my self-indulgent list:

• Bottle up stamina (adding to your stamina potion supply), allowing busy players to not worry about unused stamina.
  • "Sparring" between friends, allowing you to freely battle other players on your friends list for no rewards, but just to see what they're using. Additionally, it would be interesting to allow you play AS your friends and battle your own defensive team. This would allow players to see how their units perform as AI.
  • Reduce the charge time on Daylight, Sol, and Noontime by one, to match New Moon, etc. Doesn't make sense that Sol would be barely faster than Aether.
  • Change Buckler, etc in some way, perhaps to work more like defensive tiles or something. They do too little to be of much use.
  • -Blade tomes should subtract from damage if the user is hit by a penalty. As they are now, only bonuses are taken into account, while a unit with penalties only loses damage in the form of any reduced Atk.

No need to ask for new skills, weapons, heroes, etc, since that's something they are constantly adding anyway.

Add MorganF and sword Owain already.

Remember that Jugdral exists.  Make Leif and Finn amazing.

Give more stamina potions.  Or at least let me purchase them at a cheaper price than orbs.  I spend money, but I'll never be whale enough to use orbs as stamina refillers. 

54 minutes ago, Zhu Qiao said:

We could use more dragons, especially if they come with more specialized buffs (i.e. Hone Dragons). 

I would also like to see them add the remaining Lord characters of the franchise, Sigurd and Leif. 

If we go that route, we are gonna open a whole other can of disease. Not only can all Dragon units have a Distant Counter built in Breath, but one of the Dragons is also a Dancer. Giving them access to all the Hone/Fortify etc buffs other Emblem units have would loopside everything. Let us first fix the cancer that is called Litrblade/Horse Emblem/Reinhardt

A skill that nerfs brave weapons. I suspect Urvan's secondary effect will be made into a proper skill eventually, but I think a brave-breaker would also be interesting. It would force brave weapons to always act like normal weapons: no instant doubles (quadruples, for the few fast enough). Note that whiel I cal it a breaker, it wouldn't let YOU double like normal breakers, It would just remove the brave effect. Please don't do the thing of Triangle Breaker where if the other guy has TA you get double effect that's just ridiculous.

Add unit type icons to the map previews. There's room enough for it and ther is a world of difference between going into a map with infantry units and going into a map with armored units.

Color bane/boon like pokemon does. Or at least highlight the boon. I shouldn't need to have a thing open to verify which of my billion units has what boon but what bane, especially when they're in the late teens to mid thirties, where it is really hard to verify who has what.

Let you separate the box into different boxes. My box is 305 units in it and finding the right one even with the best search options is starting to be a bit troublesome. This will only get worse as my box grows, so being able to divide it into chunks of my choosing would be nice. Plus I could devote a box to useful skills

3 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I think as long as I avoid talking about dragon lolis here, i'll be safe.  But I may have said too much already.

I know where you are.  Tee-hee~!

26 minutes ago, Dollie said:

a better community

You first.

Seriously.

Each and every poster here is part of the community.  Making it better starts with you.

---

Make badges useful again.  A 5* promotion takes a fraction of the total badges I've accumulated.  Maybe have a conversion system where they can be traded for shards or something.

1 hour ago, Sayyyaka said:

Add MorganF and sword Owain already.

Remember that Jugdral exists.  Make Leif and Finn amazing.

Give more stamina potions.  Or at least let me purchase them at a cheaper price than orbs.  I spend money, but I'll never be whale enough to use orbs as stamina refillers. 

I like this idea.  You should be able to spend orbs/money to get stamina potions.  My Nintendo account has them, but they seem to have lost interest in it...

50 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I know where you are.  Tee-hee~!

Please.  I'm only interested in mature adult waifus like Catria, Minerva, and Summer Tiki. 

1 hour ago, Dollie said:

a better community

SF is pretty chill in my opinion.  It's far less toxic here than other places on the internut.  Remember the last time you were on Gamefaqs or reading through the YouTube comments section?  I watched the FE Warriors trailer and I already knew what the comments below would be. 

Wall of text coming up, but I've been thinking about these issues for a while and this seems like a good place to bring them up.

I would like to see change in the availability of skills. At the moment, half of the existing A and C passives are either only available on 5* only units or on limited units, be they seasonal or GHB units. And while only 20.5% of the B skills are 5* only or limited, Wrathful Staff, Dazzling Staff are among those, which are 2 skills that are necessary if you wish to make your healers useful, so those being respectively 5* exclusive and no longer obtainable really hurts the viability of healers.There's also the issue of the Killer and Slayer weapons. Killer weapons were seemingly recognized by IS as being underpowered when they released Slayer weapons, but 2 of the 3 released Slayers are 5* only, which really fails as a way of making units that want killer-type weapons more viable since they're hard to get.

I also feel like they should do something about the growing pool of 5* only character. When the game first launched, there was a total of 87 heroes in the summoning pool. If we broke that pool down by rarity, we'd see that there were 49 3*- 4*  units, 26 4*- 5* units and 12 5* units. At that time, the 3-4 pool was 56% of the potential units.

Now, however there are 129 heroes that can be pulled . The rarity breakdown goes as such : 49 3*- 4*  units, 45 4*- 5* units and 35 5* units. As you can see, not a single new unit since the launch of the game has been added to the 3*- 4* rarity and now only represent 38% of the current units.  Meanwhile, the number of 4*- 5* unit, which only were half as numerous as the 3*- 4* at launch, is about to overtake them and the 5* exclusive units now make up more than a quarter of the current units.

This has two major effect. 1) People who've been playing since the start of the game probably keep on summoning the same 3*- 4* units, making pullls less and less satisfying as the game goes one.

2) You have way less chance of actually getting the 5* you want when you do get one. For example, let's take Azura. IIRC, the way the game currently works when you summon is that rarity is the first thing that's rolled, followed by colors and then by the units themselves. If my understanding is correct, this means that when a 5* units was decided at the start of the game,  you had 1/38 chance that the unit would be Azura. Now however, you'd only have 1/80 chance that the 5* unit chosen is Azura. As such, it becomes more and more difficult to get the 5* unit you want outside of a focus banner the longer the game goes on like this.

The 4 Brave units were not considered in those numbers, but considering they'll most likely remain 5* exclusive, they would just make the problems I outlined worse.

There's also the issue of unwanted 5* breaking your pity rate. When I'm pulling for a new unit, I can accept to lose my 4.5% pity rate for a Celica, a Hector, a Hinoka or a Ryoma. But it really sting when all that effort is wasted on a Maria, a Merric an Ogma or a Jakob. Those units are less than stellar, both as combat units and inheritance fodder.

I really feel like the rarities of the existing units should be shuffled a bit to try and go back to a ratio where the 3-4 stars unit make up for around half of the summoning pool. Not only would it make pulling more interesting since you'd be getting new units beside the endless stream of Bartre, Niles, Stalh and Wendy, but it also have the potential of making certain skills easier to come by and thus making unit builds more varied. And it would make it easier for people who got unlucky on the focus banner to get the 5* they missed since the pool of potential 5* wouldn't be as crowded.

Edited by LuxSpes

Dear IS, add Wolt pls k thx I will give you $$$ and love and everything.

Aside from that obvious request, here's some things:

• Let us choose our friend support in the Voting Gauntlet.  I didn't even realize Troykv was on my team in the second and third round of the CYL gauntlet because I kept getting the same three people with no variety.  RNG is awful or something, and I had the same problem in the summer gauntlet too (Rezzy's Bridelia loved me a lot fsr).  Similarly, maybe they can randomly select a few "random people" supports pre-match and let us choose from those?  Maybe rig it so that you always get 4 options, one of each color, as well.  This can help get rid of Rezzy's "too many Ikes pls send help" problem that plagued her in CYL gauntlet.  I think this can help with the luck based mission-ness that plagues the gauntlet at times in general, but that;s just an example.
  • Maybe have a few random potential situations that can popup in Ally support.  Like, instead of training techniques in B all the time, have it occasionally be something like "the characters go to a tavern and have pie together" or something.  It's adorable as it is, but some variety can make it more so!
  • The 3-4 pool not getting bigger while the 4-5 and 5 pools do is a problem that just gets more and more glaring as time passes.  Fix this.
  • Include a way to change nature to neutral, but not to anything else.  This way, players can't get screwed by nature too badly.  You can still earn money by people pulling for optimal, but people who pull a nature that happens to suck aren't completely shafted by the RNG *glances at +Def/-Spd Minerva*.
  • Selectable backgrounds for Kiran support unit.  The current one's nice and all but it's too... colorful for certain characters.
  • Make more skills 4* obtainable, locking so many to 5* is just... yeah, no.  

Might post more later

Edited by Glaceon Mage

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I'd love to see either Osian or Marty get into the game as part of a Thracia 776 banner.  Arvis as a Grand Hero Battle would be cool, too.

Hell yeah.