On 12/1/2017 at 6:40 PM, Freohr Datia said:

I'm so happy they did cypher 4 omg

and I'm so happy for them and their awards and also their performances in general were so cool

also bts with james corden made me cry

Reveal hidden contents

and basically, it just starred:

Reveal hidden contents

jhope and jin being miraculously cowardly as usual~~~ and hobi just completely falling back omg that precious angel

tae not even blinking

jungkook and suga ALMOST being able to keep their cool but they still both failed

rm nearly falling down like hobi did

and jimin never ever changing: 1. act cocky 2. immediately eat his words 3. get embarrassed af about it

THESE BOYS I CAN'T

On 12/1/2017 at 6:46 PM, Freohr Datia said:

oh and jin doing that cute little arm flail he does when he gets startled dkfjwnoiuerhnfskghoiauerg

OH YES I FORGOT TO YELL ABOUT BTSXJAMESCORDEN

rip hobi and jin. and me too because i couldn't stop laughing.
JIN'S ARM FLAILING WAS SO CUTE. HUGGABLEY CUTE.

jk got a little shaken up haha. his eyes were open so wide.
and then we've got v who is a BEAST.

when suga gets scared he sometimes flails his arms too and ngl i was hoping to see that heh im so bad.
rm looked like he was about to fall over. poor guy.

AND JIMIN.

CHIM CHIM.

MY DUDE HOW'RE YOU GONA FAIL AFTER BOOSTING YOURSELF LIKE THAT. I BELIEVED IN YOU.

but anyways i wish they do more with james in the future. i love that guy.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i literally just said after watching the mma spring day performance that "they (jin and jimin) are breathing into each other's earballs"

earballs??? wth??

send me help im clearly not well

Taemin - Move review

1. Rise
+ whenever Taemin sings these kinds of songs I'm always a bit impressed bc I've always thought of him as mainly a dancer but he's become rly good at singing....
+ i love the melody instrumentals vocals everything
+ there's nothing I really dislike
10/10
2. MOVE
+ I've watched the MV for this at least a hundred time my god
+ I fuckin love the lyrics of the chorus and the way Taemin sings it
• don't look at the rest of the lyrics
- ngl the repeating of the 'geudaero Repeat' was kinda annoying but everything else more than makes up for it
10/10
3. Love
+ i'm listening to the beginning rn and smiling a lot i love taemin's voice
+ the shift in key in the chorus is rly pleasant
+ the entire chorus is rly good
+ the little bubble popping sounds are rly funny
+ piano
10/10
4. Thirsty
+ this is hilarious
+ i'm just gonna enjoy the song and not look at the lyrics
- the first part of the chorus is pretty nice but the second half is pretty unpleasant
9/10
5. Crazy 4 U
+ the piano(!) instrumental sounds a little like pokemon and pokemon is always good
• the chorus is kinda jarring idk if i like it or not (but it also sounds like it'd fit in a pokemon villain theme)
- the 'crazy for u' part is kinda.... 
7.5/10
6v6. Heart Stop
+ AAAHHHHHHH SEULGI
+ TAEMIN AND SEULGI IN ONE SONG
• WHEN WILL THEY PERFORM THIS TOGETHER
- the background music (which is kinda lame and generic) kinda overpowers their voices sadly
8/10
7. Back To You
+ the harmonies are nice, but they'd be nicer with a better instrumental
• is this like an acoustic version of another song
- it's not unpleasant, but i'm just not feeling it
7/10
8. Stone Heart
- the beginning instrumentals sounded too intense and i can't unhear it for the rest of the song
- then it completely changes and rly overpowers the vocals...
- this feels like filler
6.5/10
9. Flame of Love (K. ver)
+ ah yes balm to my soul
+ i love this instrumental so much
• Japanese version is still better
9.5/10

Album: 9/10

taemin is on a fuckin roll with these albums

14 hours ago, Hashuni Mei said:

ok one more thing

I WANT HOBI SINGING ALL THE TIME BOY CAN SLAY

I want him to sing all the time and I want to always see his face while he's doing it

like he's always been king of facial expressions

hobi's charisma is so HUGE

sylv if u had to summarize ur bias groups in a 12-song album with two title tracks maximum wat songs would u pick and why do they make it in over the others

remember these are not necessarily ur favourite songs but rather the ones u feel best describe ur bias groups.....

seventeen

Spoiler

1. intro - new world // i generally PREFER not having intros on albums since i feel like it just takes up space that could be another song but new world is pretty ok because it's reminiscent of shining diamond yet newer and shinier so it shows seventeens growth from their debut. "started from the bottom" is cringey asf but seventeen really did start from zero—literally the only reason they could debut was because they produced songs and created choreographers themselves—and i think new world sums up their rise super well

2.* mansae // i had a tough time picking between mansae and aju nice and adore u and pretty u, since i wanted the first title track to exemplify their fresh boyish concept, but settled on mansae bc aju nice's beat drop (while not generic in itself) is a generic idea, adore u sounds kind of messy, and pretty u is too weak. woozi is pretty genius since he can create public-friendly tracks while still carrying seventeens signature sound (i'd argue that the only other group with a similar style is wanna one, but at the same time not really?? wanna one comes on stronger, i think, while I really love seventeens cute concept)

3.* boom boom // after their maknae became an adult their concepts started getting more mature but boom boom and baksu (ulgo sipji anha didn't exist) still, again, maintain seventeens fresh ~sound~. along with mansae i think it is a good representation of seventeens concept and image

4. if i (hip-hop unit) // if i and lean on me are the only good hip-hop unit songs TBH and the latter veers too much toward vocal territory. if i displays the members' skill at rapping without being too......bad of a song

5. lilili yabbay/dance of the thirteenth month (performance unit) // since this is a performance unit song i chose based on choreography rather than sound (altho it's still a great song and the korean title is perfect). the dance is super creative and mesmerizing with the lotus flower and clock and everything so im very confident in this choice

6. don't listen in secret (vocal unit) // i didn't want all of the unit songs to be edgy but i realized that literally all of them are (minus the unit remakes of their title tracks) so woops. i definitely had the toughest time choosing among vocal unit songs and narrowed it down to don't listen in secret/pinwheel, but i chose the former just because pinwheel kind of falls into a similar sound as hip-hop unit's if i and i wanted to emphasize that each unit can reach different concepts

7. healing // after three edgy songs in a row i wanted to pick a group song with very happy vibes. this song is super feel-good and stress-relieving and there is just not really another song like it in seventeens discography. i almost picked love letter since the two sound the same with me preferring love letter but healing UNDENIABLY has the better lyrics and message

8. chuck // this was the hardest decision to make lmao. i wanted to include a "stronger" song to further flaunt seventeens versatility but there was the provocative no f.u.n and the musically unique fast pace and the easygoing chuck and the funky crazy in love. honestly probably any of them could go in here?? but i ended up settling on chuck because it's kind of the get-up-and-dance song and also the lyrics are really funny. seventeens rappers get to shine in this song too which i feel i did not really take into consideration for the other songs

9. beautiful (mix unit - joshua, hoshi, the8, mingyu, dk, dino) // oh boy this was tough bc choosing one mix unit song means choosing at least one other but i settled on beautiful and well bc they're very different in sound. beautiful gives off a free and nautical feeling and the lyrics are about how everything in daily life is beautiful depending on ur perspective; well is one of those hard-hitting ballads and i forgot the lyrics woops but it's similar to red velvet's body talk. i also thought about picking drift away/can't see the end, but i wanted a more positive vibe for this hypothetical album bc i think that's what most people think of when they think of seventeen.

10. well (mix unit - s.coups, jeonghan, jun, wonwoo, woozi, seungkwan, vernon) // see above

11. campfire // i kinda took this idea from their actual albums lmao but after those unit songs i feel like campfire is the perfect song to bring all the members back together and also a really good ending since it's like "yes we have come this far because we have worked hard together" and it's very relaxing. it's a bit cheesy but it's good

12. smile flower // since there was an intro i know i should have included an outro but man smile flower is so perfect. it serves as a thank you to fans and rounds up the album very sweetly

songs taken from:

17 carat - 0 (lol)

boys be - 1 - mansae

love&letter repackage - 2 - healing, chuck

going seventeen - 5 (o shit i didn't even notice) - beautiful, boom boom, don't listen in secret, well, smile flower

al1 - 1 - if i

teen,age - 3 - intro: new world, lilili yabbay, campfire

8 hours ago, Painkiller B said:

sylv if u had to summarize ur bias groups in a 12-song album with two title tracks maximum wat songs would u pick and why do they make it in over the others

remember these are not necessarily ur favourite songs but rather the ones u feel best describe ur bias groups.....

YO EASY wait i'm kind of a low-effort person so maybe I'll just put down my songs and you guys can help theorize better explanations for me

1. 상남자 (idk its what got me into BTS in the first place and its [kind of] a classic?????)
2. Cypher #2 (j-hope goes fucking hARD)
3. War of Hormone (honestly it's like one of their last songs from their sound with the edgy guitar feel also it's got mario noises n shit it's also a good gym bop too lul)
4. Cypher #3 (rm goes fucking hARD)
5. 불타오르네 (HYYH is like the era and sound I associate with BTS the most and I guess with my selection I'm trying to showcase the different genres BTS has covered thru the years)
6. Save Me (same concept as the above. the music video is also chill as fuck and i'm a sucker for that "wet" future bass/house sound)
7. Dope (THAT DROP. THAT SAX. THAT MV.)
8. Blood Sweat and Tears (does this really need explaining)
9. Stigma (dude the s T Y LE)
10. Outro: Wings (because the outros deserve some love and this song feels like a callback to the HYYH era soundscape and it's honestly impossible to not groove to this song) 
11. Outro: Her (THE WORLD IS A COMPLEX WE WAS LOOKIN FOR LOVE--)
12. mic drop with desiigner because honestly nothing from Love Yourself really jumps out at me even though I enjoyed all the songs (maybe Outro: Her)/why the fuck not we could always use more rap tracks

12 hours ago, Painkiller B said:

Exo

1. What Is Love: Exo has like.. a LOT of songs about love so I think this describes most of their discography
2. Growl: iconic
3. Overdose: I think growl and overdose do a well enough job of summarizing their light and dark concepts. overdose is rly dramatic which suits them well tbh. 
4. Baby Don't Cry: Exo cries a lot.... and their fans cry a lot... they tell each other to not cry a lot... it's like their theme song plus it's a classic
5. Black Pearl: see below
6. El Dorado: black pearl and el dorado are both v dramatic and black pearl also showcases their vocals well
7. Artificial Love: there's always that one song in each of their full albums that has a really eyes emoji choreography.
8. Going Crazy: they probably are going crazy and they probably also hate their some of their fans (the 'i hate you' line)
9. Can't Bring Me Down: they've been cruising at the top for a while even with all the scandals and the members leaving it's kinda amazing
10. Sing For You: exo has a lot of ballad songs but i think this is the one that fits here bc one it's also from a winter album and two exo does sing for us
11. Stronger: 2014 was rly a YEAR for them in the worst ways but I think they've really matured since then and gotten stronger from it and tao's departure
12. Promise: self explanatory

songs taken from:

Mama: 1
XOXO: 3
MiD: 0
Overdose: 1
Exodus: 2
SFY: 1
Ex'act: 3
For Life: 0
The War: 1

Edited by sylveonzoroark

wow yes i am very happy u responded roxas ur reasons are more than enough too tbh im just a high-effort person

58 minutes ago, sylveonzoroark said:
  Hide contents

Exo

1. What Is Love: Exo has like.. a LOT of songs about love so I think this describes most of their discography
2. Growl: iconic
3. Overdose: I think growl and overdose do a well enough job of summarizing their light and dark concepts. overdose is rly dramatic which suits them well tbh. 
4. Baby Don't Cry: Exo cries a lot.... and their fans cry a lot... they tell each other to not cry a lot... it's like their theme song plus it's a classic
5. Black Pearl: see below
6. El Dorado: black pearl and el dorado are both v dramatic and black pearl also showcases their vocals well
7. Artificial Love: there's always that one song in each of their full albums that has a really eyes emoji choreography.
8. Going Crazy: they probably are going crazy and they probably also hate their some of their fans (the 'i hate you' line)
9. Can't Bring Me Down: they've been cruising at the top for a while even with all the scandals and the members leaving it's kinda amazing
10. Sing For You: exo has a lot of ballad songs but i think this is the one that fits here bc one it's also from a winter album and two exo does sing for us
11. Stronger: 2014 was rly a YEAR for them in the worst ways but I think they've really matured since then and gotten stronger from it and tao's departure
12. Promise: self explanatory

songs taken from:

Mama: 1
XOXO: 3
MiD: 0
Overdose: 1
Exodus: 2
SFY: 1
Ex'act: 3
For Life: 0
The War: 1

whew im relieved u included growl even though probably every exo-l asked would include it, black pearl and sing for you are gr8

10 minutes ago, Painkiller B said:

wow yes i am very happy u responded roxas ur reasons are more than enough too tbh im just a high-effort person

whew im relieved u included growl even though probably every exo-l asked would include it, black pearl and sing for you are gr8

:')

WHAT KINDA PERSON WOULDN'T INCLUDE GROWL THO that mv is iconic

also their 2013 MAMA performance omg

Edited by Roxas

g-friend_1512351131_2.jpg

gfriend's outfits for their concert o my gosh

i would 100% wear yuju's, also umji and sowon look gorgeous

Edited by Painkiller B
stan hitori

Out of the 9 they started with, they are down to 7, having cut down from two of their best dancers, though those two did have the shortest training periods. but I'm just salty that JYP ended up eliminating the most recent one (Felix) instead of trimming the fat from their already very weak vocal line (looking at Jeongin and Seungmin). i kind of regret posting their performance from the newest episode on r/kpop because i was totally set on JYP eliminating the kid with nails-on-chalkboard voice and then he ends up eliminating my bias :squeezedtangerine:

Edited by Roxas

O SHIT I JUST READ ABOUT THAT

i have almost zero knowledge of stray kids but i heard a lot of good things about felix (that he was well-rounded and funny) and i also like his name so now im sad too =( jyp generally doesn't have super impressive vocal lines in their idol groups so idk why hes going for felix and the other guy (minho?) instead........i saw some people saying that jyp would pull a momo and bring them back in the last episode but idk