• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i recently got back into suju through ryeowook (i can’t believe he’s being discharged from the military this year ;-;) and i decided to watch their recent weekly idol episode even though he wasn’t in it and holy heck i had forgotten how funny veteran idol groups are on variety. they just don’t give a shit

Spoiler

my favourite parts between the two episodes:

- the members being so goony that it took twenty-five minutes to actually get around to introducing their album

- most idol groups introducing their album: (something very well thought-out and eloquently spoken)

suju introducing their album: our comeback is called black suit because it’s cold. our suits are black to make shindong look less fat

- hyungdon: why is donghae so quiet

donghae: it is my wish to be less popular than the other members

also donghae: (mutters random-ass shit to himself and fidgets and dances and constantly takes the spotlight away from his groupmates unintentionally)

- eunhyuk repeatedly shutting down the show

- yesung very very clearly not wanting to be there

- donghae accidentally dropping his nametag and interrupting the others, multiple times

- shindong picking his nose

- leeteuk trying to host

- heechul: NO IM NOT GONNA DO THIS I WAS A GUEST-HOST YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME

also heechul: give me the red one.

- donghae, shindong, and yesung crying

- donghae and leeteuk straight-up exposing yesung’s philtrum fetish on national television for the umpteenth time

- eunhyuk repeatedly opening up the show

- heechul standing back w the hosts and casually watching the other members suffer the 2x dance challenge bc he only enters during the third verse

- the other members recounting stories of quarreling and donghae being so emotionally moved that he cried and the others yelling and being confused while hesitantly hugging him bc how can u be moved from stories of fighting wtf

- the members having a crying-on-command contest, where donghae won in seven seconds

- heechul asking for applause from his stylists before every game

- yesung irreversibly destroying his image

250_C49_E9-116_C-4_E53-933_E-_F66_AB4566

- shindong desperately competing during the girl-group dance battle while leeteuk sat and did nothing and heechul declaring the latter the winner solely because it would cost less money

- heechul somehow appearing to be the sane member

- leeteuk being an attention-seeker and being ignored every single time

- hyungdon: you guys are close right??

heechul: no we’re just coworkers lmao tf

- donghae saying that he only appears on variety shows once every six years w a straight face

- shindong yelling PASS during the random dance play when he was the only member who didn’t know the choreography and pissing the others off

- the members proclaiming that yesung was awful at the perfect pitch game but being beaten by him in less than half the time they took in each of the five games, just so he could protect his credit card

- eunhyuk warming up for the perfect pitch game by muttering “mussel big chestnut bread” and ending up coincidentally getting the phrase “mussel big chestnut bread” during his round

- eunhyuk managing to take an entire minute and a half to utter it correctly anyway

- donghae repeatedly trying to leave

- heechul kicking everything

- yesung having probably would have won the girl-group dance battle if he weren’t shy and insisted on the other members dancing in front of him

- eunhyuk collapsing during the 2x dance challenge bc as main dancer he barely got any breaks lmao

- donghae slipping out from punishment when he didn’t know the choreography to sexy free and single by literally PRETENDING HE WASN’T PART OF THE COMEBACK LIKE HEECHUL AND WALKING AWAY DURING HIS OWN LINE I CAN’T BELIEVE NO ONE CALLED HIM OUT FOR THAT

- everyone displaying their utter lack of mathematical talent (relatable)

- the little five-year-old boy laughing at their math skills

- heechul slapping shindong’s butt as punishment but ending up hurting his own hand instead

- donghae being unable to do aegyo and out of frustration punting the stuffed bear like three meters

- every single member botching the “nae maeum soge jeojang” line, somehow each in a different way

- shindong, like fifteen minutes in: i hate this when are we gonna start filming

hyungdon: we already did lmao we have like half an hour’s worth of material already

shindong: wtf

- hyungdon: i’m sorry if this is rude but is this all of suju??

heechul: ......this is half of us

- leeteuk recounting a memory where eunhyuk and donghae were in the car and donghae told him all of his deepest darkest secrets and eunhyuk said “i’m not gonna tell u anything” and donghae was so hurt that they had to stop the car so he could step out and cry (feat. eunhyuk adding that he knew donghae would come back so he didn’t follow him, implying that this was a regular incident)

- following the memory where suju was having a concert in 2009 when they lost a couple members and no one could find donghae before a performance and when they did he was looking at the sky and dramatically crying bc of suju’s member losses

- heechul talking about the time he and yesung got into a fight and yesung stormed into the bathroom and when heechul followed him to ask why he was mad yesung looked at him and started crying and sobbing about how they were super junior and they could do anything and heechul just being confused

tbh the most shocking thing to me, now that im finally getting to know suju's personalities, is that kyuhyun is literally the snarkiest idol alive ive always pictured him to be kinda sophisticated and mature based off of his clean visuals and refined singing but no hes this

a36818ca76.png

Spoiler

mood: suju's first weekly idol appearance when the members kept entering before they were supposed to and then eventually hyungdon just gave up and rolled w it

f072f05381.png

c7c3105bd3.png

5329de1afc.png

cbf6b58e28.png

60cd7e99a7.png

cfab780a5d.png

3795fdd209.png

i never thought id be calling a 30-year-old man cute but tbh theres no other word to describe ryeowook. eternal maknae indeed

Spoiler

i think it's super funny how he once complained that he doesn't like skinship and even wrote up a contract w siwon so the latter would stop high-fiving him but then on weekly idol he clung to eunhyuk and sometimes kyuhyun like his life depended on it

4ee17bd74f.png

b7c2fccbd2.png

2476a977ee.png
him hiding behind eunhyuk is my favourite

7e29de5719.png

583ff0bf65.png

865f97ef0b.png

fda49b5d51.png

add5cc9b2a.png

tbh one of my favourite parts of liking super junior is scrolling down to the comments and seeing people call them kings and legends and having the best vocalists in kpop and knowing that it's no exaggeration and that theyre right

Edited by bling
stan hitori

On 1/6/2018 at 4:22 PM, Hashuni Mei said:

ya

apparently it was a horror storytelling thing based on an app that a lot of army were taking part of on twitter. i wasnt interested so i dont know more than that.

1 hour ago, bling said:

i have indeed heard about it but since it's horror i haven't been within 10 feet of it lmao

ah ok

i read it in one sitting and i will say it did kinda frighten me so congrats to the author

see i love seventeen because their photo shoots sometimes look really good (also i love yoon jeonghan)

tumblr_p0rtn17Oam1wq510fo2_r1_540.png

and then in the same shoot, they literally have a stock photo

tumblr_p0rtn17Oam1wq510fo1_r1_540.png

that's. a stock photo. right.

i can’t believe red velvet is already entering their fourth year. u know what suju did in their fourth year??? they released sorry sorry. @sm i’m waiting for a bop that will far surpass red flavour dumb dumb and russian roulette combined chop chop

aw speaking of the gda hyungwon dislocated his shoulder during monsta x’s performance =( wonho passed on the message that he popped it back in and was fine but honestly that must have been painful and the fact that he was still able to carry on after that is really admirable. i hope he gets it checked out anyway bc that’s v worrying

Spoiler

1380_BF15-9_A80-4_A65-_AD60-29_B502_A5_E7_D9.png

leeteuk once again confirming that he is an attention-seeker

0_E16_B476-_E2_DE-4_A49-82_DC-1_AF2141721_CE.png

@ yesung

407066_AC-0_FAC-4_F2_A-8206-_F83_BFC8_C32_AE.png

96_E32571-_CA8_F-4265-_AE01-12_C006_E046_E5.png

:thonking:

D353_C1_D8-_CA21-4_BA7-9_A10-41_C340230_C2_A.png

donghae is rly sweet i think i have a fourth fave in suju now ;;;;;

B9407184-4982-42_BD-9870-12103_C01_F35_F.png

D8_E36_F8_C-7477-4166-_A2_EF-_F56_A844_CEC7_F.png

4_C2935_F1-5_D59-48_AD-8_B6_E-9_A16936_E2_A7_B.png

B11_C8_CC3-8_BB0-46_F1-_AEB0-347_D670_F2802.png

this part made me laugh for like an entire minute tbh suju sucks

bonus: heechul's cheesy apparently 100-percent-success-rate pickup line:

D84_C00_DA-_DBA8-42_CF-9352-1_DB67_BC7_C77_A.png

F7_F3_D302-38_D5-4_FCB-9_D65-_BB18_E4755979.png

63_ADC165-2_B37-4_E5_B-93_E4-083_D02_C184_A7.png

leeteuk and eunhyuk choosing yeongchul for horrible reasons same

347_FF45_C-3875-47_A6-88_CE-90_D30_F9_DE68_C.png

7_BC35_E61-408_C-43_FA-9_D64-6_E48047801_A2.png

F912_B121-_DE5_D-4_E47-8_DED-4_A7_AE3977803.png

AEC3_F448-8_E7_D-4338-8_C41-8587_EE296045.png

B63751_DD-0_E17-4_A83-9909-66_ACA8_EE07_C5.png

the more i learn about donghae the more i relate w him. he reminds me a lot of lay tbh

9b98fb6948.png

bee8cbd689.png

i really appreciate how honest suju is tbh, they always reiterate that they're coworkers only and not family but obviously from their variety and reality shows you can tell they're very close. they talk about fighting a lot but to me i think it means a lot that they're able to freely talk about their arguments and squabbles and laugh about them as well as openly agree that they may not get along with someone else

Edited by bling
stan hitori

holy shit hyungwon quit killing yourself

he couldn't make it to the concert I went to cuz he hurt himself then too

(although at this point I don't remember why)

Edited by Freohr Datia