• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I finally took the plunge into Seventeen and I think stan, hard. So help a hoe out, how the hell do you learn 13 name cause I'm shit for names.

2 hours ago, ΔZZ said:

Okay so I finally took the plunge into Seventeen and I think stan, hard. So help a hoe out, how the hell do you learn 13 name cause I'm shit for names.

hi yes i am a big carat (welcome to the fandom!!)

tbh i actively tried to resist learning their names since i didn't want to admit that i stanned, but i still managed to memorize everyone after binging their stuff for two weeks. if you're the kind of person who likes variety/reality shows, i recommend 13 castaway boys (iirc it's all on youtube), one fine day in japan, their weekly idol episodes (all on youtube; one from 2015, 2017, 2018), and their appearance on star show 360 \o/ also they have lots of show champion behind content, although much of it is less recent

if variety isn't your thing, then i've heard that people make it easier for themselves by dividing the group and memorizing by unit! these are the units and these are their songs (members sorted by age, songs sorted by release date, unit leader bolded)

vocal (jeonghan, joshua, woozi, dk, seungkwan):

20, when i grow up, don't listen in secret, habit, adore u (vocal ver.), pinwheel, come to me

hip-hop (s.coups, wonwoo, mingyu, vernon):

ah yeah, fronting, lean on me, if i, mansae (hip-hop ver.), trauma, what's good

performance (jun, hoshi, the8, dino):

jam jam, omg, highlight, swimming fool, shining diamond (performance ver.), lilili yabbay, moon walker

their earlier unit songs often have non-unit members featuring, so the recent ones are probably easier to learn from

incidentally these are all the members by age and position

Spoiler

76e24864f7.png

s.coups: leader, main rapper
jeonghan: vocalist
joshua: vocalist
jun: lead dancer
hoshi: main dancer (also choreographs most of their dances)
wonwoo: lead rapper
woozi: lead vocalist (composes, writes, and produces most of their songs)
dk: main vocalist
mingyu: lead rapper, visual
the8: lead dancer
seungkwan: main vocalist
vernon: main rapper
dino: main dancer, maknae

joshua was born in los angeles and lived there for 18 years, which explains the way he acts sometimes lol. definitely considers himself more american than korean

vernon is half-american, but since he moved to korea at 5 years old, he's actually more comfortable with korean customs and isn't as confident in his english as everyone thinks

jun and the8 are chinese, and jun has been in korea longer so he's better with the language and culture

i feel like this may already be too big of a post but i can also help with pointing out ways to discern their facial features in another post??

oh
my
god
oh my god

one cute example of "vernon's less comfortable with english than everyone thinks" is the fact that in Ah Yeah he says "you ain't got no peel got no peel" while mingyu actually says "got no feel" properly

man jeonghan looks good in that portrait, i miss that hair

but his short hair is good too ngl

43 minutes ago, Freohr Datia said:

oh
my
god
oh my god

one cute example of "vernon's less comfortable with english than everyone thinks" is the fact that in Ah Yeah he says "you ain't got no peel got no peel" while mingyu actually says "got no feel" properly

oh my god oh my god oh my god i love vernon so much

5 hours ago, ΔZZ said:

kim honestly did a good job explaining so i don't have much to add on lol

but who's your favorite so far?? :o

4 hours ago, Shadowess said:

kim honestly did a good job explaining so i don't have much to add on lol

but who's your favorite so far?? :o

Well, I haven't listened to all their discography yet (But believe me, I already have the whole thing downloaded XD). My fav song from what I heard is Fast Pace. I really like jazzy type songs.

As for member, Won Woo definitely left an impression with his 24/7 line in Fast Pace which just spoke to me. Visually though, DK is really attractive. Plus, I tend to really like main vocals in groups (Solji from EXID, Chuu from LOONA, Yijeong from HISTORY) so that certainly has an appeal. Also I know the vocal unit will probably be my favourite since I just love over the top vocals and ballads (Which I assume the vocal unit has a good amount of).

Also @seventeen thanks for all the tips. I'll definitely start with their variety. I still have to watch all their mvs too since I only just watched Oh My today. Thanks again for all the help!

hhhhhh can i talk about the comebacks today

so uhh firstly chungha wow 

the song is really fresh, what i expected from chungha; giving us a summer bop. i enjoyed some of the cinematography of the music video, the colours all fit a nice aesthetic and i think they did a great job overall

next

i thought the mv was rly weird, however, i liked it?? you don't get this kind of vibe from other groups / units whatever and it's certainly unique. the song itself is great and it feels like the same kind of genre as 365 fresh. it was well done overall ^^

i really hope people wont sleep on hyuna for her solo comeback, she's honestly one of the coolest idols i've ever seen and everything she touches gets the hyuna vibe attached to it. even triple h's style is more like hyuna's style than pentagon's style (though you can't really compare it)

KARD's comeback is so  good! Having been with them since the beginning it's awesome to see how far they've come and J.Seph singing, shook to bits.

Also this happened:

SCREAMS IN LEGGO!!!! SOLJI THE QUEEN IS BACK!!!!