Pitch me your absolute worst ideas for the next FE game.

Chad Radwell

(I'm writing this on an iPad so I'm sorry if it's messy argh)

Sometimes there's fun to be had in the irredeemably awful. Tell me your most terribad ideas for new features that you would absolutely hate to see in the series. They can be gameplay related, story related, whatever. I'm feeling morbid, so if you make me chokelaugh, you get 10 brownie points that do absolutely nothing whatsoever :)

Here's an example! (Spoiler'd for images/gifs and pg13 content whoops)

Spoiler

One thing we should absolutely not do is implement trashy cutscenes in the style of reality tv confessionals. If you're not familiar, that's these things:

92E7A41C-508D-4F1C-8DB0-288759476785-1558-000003A88C518811.gif.8b25b81d464a8f057857f2495f6d1510.gif

44D9C137-E213-4F74-8409-D64F6C97C4E9-1558-000003A894064F64.gif.0eb892282a7919a3276e4f98a0d70fa7.gif

ED790EB3-2B36-4DC8-8949-EBED9C17D7B6-1558-000003A8E8A4E08C.gif.042d29ae2d32da542601c58f14b0f087.gif

A92C5953-89F1-4F89-9CE4-C41D354D82C6-1558-000003A8FEFDDD08.gif.c77b96cb01b3771b21e698403ce57a5e.gif

Concept being, whenever you get a new unit, defeat a boss, go through a support/base conversation, whatever, you get a little scene of one of your characters snarkily telling you how they feel about the thing that just happened. And in true reality tv fashion, these should be as sassy and over-the-top as possible. "So she's coming up on this dragon, right, and I'm like BITCH! But girl, that dragon was not playing. I cannot believe she died in that moment. Legendary." 

(This is actually something I'm using in a personal project lmao but the idea of it being in fe made me laugh, so here we are.)

Another one, which I mentioned around here a couple months ago, is permadeath - but you can get your units back in a gachapon-ish lottery. Like "Oh sh-jeez, I lost Effie, but I need Effie so I'll build up some gold and then try and get her back." But the slot machine that revives units at 12,000 G a pop doesn't want to give you Effie; it gives you Mozu every time, and you're never gonna get your wife back at this rate because it's chance and it's probably rigged. You just keep rolling Mozu and then losing her again, and now everyone you've lost who you actually like is forever stuck in the hell roulette. And they all revive at lv 1. With their supports reset.

Anyway, this is a really silly topic, but do your worst :) I'm curious to see if we have any really, really terrible ideas floating around! (Also if this needs to be moved to FFTF or something, lemme know. Or, just, uh, do that, I guess. Thanks.)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awakening's pair up and exp systems and its map design are back. 

Get the fates writter and make him write 6 different paths. Give him 2 months to finish them all. Yeah, the game will have 6 different paths.

Your units are all recruited through a gacha system similar to Fire Emblem Heroes'

Awakening's Lunatic+ mode is back, but this time Counter starts appearing in the prologue. And there's no pre-promote.

Edited by Nobody

Ohohohoho...

• Take out the Weapon Triangle
  • Have the only objective be "Rout the Enemy" for all maps (including the final map)
  • No playable Dark Mages or Brigands/Barbarians
  • Use Genealogy of the Holy War's weapon stats
  • Bring back the Deeprealms and allow the Child Units to have their own Child Units
  • Make every female character either a loli or a Camilla clone
  • Finally, to top everything off, hot, steamy, adults-only sex scenes between you and your S-Support!

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:
  • Bring back the Deeprealms and allow the Child Units to have their own Child Units

These are both things that I'm already afraid of hhlgllglsjlgllfff 

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Finally, to top everything off, hot, steamy, adults-only sex scenes between you and your S-Support!

I MARRIED BENNY THIS RUN I'M CRYING

• No guaranteed hits or misses with the 1 RN system just like Thracia
  • Every map has FoW with Gaiden/SoV map design
  • Witches with limitless warp with smart AI which acts as if there was no FoW
  • Lord doesn't promote until Endgame and his class caps at level 20
    • By the way, the game is LONG
  • Everyone is bi and can marry/have kids with each other
  • Revelation-esque unit balance

-S supports are only between underage family members.

-In addition to critical hit, there is now critical failure, which makes you damage yourself.

-Staff healing is reduced by res so units like mages need to rely on items for healing.

-Just like in Smash Bros Brawl, there is a random trip mechanic that imediately reduces a unit's movement to 1. Fire Emblem is a fun, party game.

-The protagonist will be loved by everyone, including the villains who only fight him because they're jealous of his raw sex appeal. The game ends when all the characters are a part of the protagonist's harem.

Get rid of chapters - make the whole game one huge, true to scale map of the continent. The player will have to move every unit from A to B himself.

For the sake of realism, get rid of the HP stat. If you get hit by a weapon or a spell, you die. Combine that with DS-style hit calculations and loads of overlapping siege tome / ballistae ranges.

Stop pretending that you aren't pandering loli, shota and incest fetishes and just give every support pair an S support. Every. Single. One. You may or may not combine that with Von Ithipathachai's last suggestion.

To avoid that fans are sad because their super favourite character isn't quite as good as the rest, give every character the exact same stats. Don't let them level up, just let them keep their base stats, so that join time stops being a factor, too. Giving them different weapon specializations is fine, as long as all weapon categories (including magic) are 100% indistinguishable from each other.

Bring back Shadow Dragon's gaiden requirements. But instead of making most playable units completely unmemorable, make them feel really bad every time a character dies. Of course, all the gaidens are required to reach the good ending.

Make healing/supportive staves able to miss

Bumping into an enemy in fog of war conditions ends the entire player phase instead of just that one character's action

All units are AI controlled and you have to earn their trust by supporting them with the main character. They won't stay put for you to do this easily and there is a GBAesque support limit. You only get manual control at maximum support rank. The ally AI is not very good

All reinforcements are placed in the worst possible locations and appear at the beginning of the enemy phase. If you try to block them they'll just pop out of the next nearest tile they can occupy

All units are recruited via a gacha system that you need to pay real money to draw from. There is no other way to draw from it and the game is not free-to-start

All cutscenes are animated in CD-i Zelda style, with the game's equivalent of FMV sequences being in crappy, low-budget live-action with bad costume design that looks nothing like the character each actor is supposed to be playing. The voice actors in the animated cutscenes and the gameplay are not the same people as the actors for the live action sequences

All generic units use the Wilhelm Scream as their death voice clip, without exception, and have no other voice acting

That person who draws the horrifically-moeblobbed versions of Est, Lachesis, Mist, and Mae for Fire Emblem Heroes is the official artist and every single character looks like that

FE6's arbitrary limit on support gains per chapter across everyone

A good, likeable protagonist is usurped by Ike, said likeable protagonist proceeds to do nothing for the remainder of the game while Ike gets all the glory for everything ever.

Revalations Ice breaking map is back

Fates, but it's set on the moon, right? So now when units attack, they all miss due to the lack of gravity making everyone float.

Oh, and little girls in revealing space suits which defy the laws of physics.

...And then Corrin decides to live on the sun, so they move their army there, and somehow they don't die because Corrin is such a special snowflake.

The artist is the guy who did DLC Celica'a art from Awakening now.

Make all the legendary weapons have Devil Effect. And that Devil Effect is higher now (not 100%, but high enough that it will be frustrating. You'll still need the weapon too.)

Bring Geneology's skill system and weapon balance, Thracia's warp tiles and weapon exp growth, BB's support growth, BS and SS's effectiveness multipliers, SD and NMotE's enemy class diversity, Awakening's Dual Strike/Guard, Fate's weapon growth caps and SoV's odd choice of universal unit caps (barring modifiers). Bad (Subjectively) features from all the series! (First things I could think of for each)

Every map is a Fog-of-War map from now on. Except not just any Fog-of-War. Thracia's Fog-of-War.

Take everything that made the Jugdral games an unbalanced mess and multiply by 5. 

The main Lord is Peri.

Anything that happenes is rendered pointless by the endgame paralouges.

Edited by Armagon

11 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Except now it's the size of any one of Genealogy of the Holy War's maps

8 hours ago, ping said:

Get rid of chapters - make the whole game one huge, true to scale map of the continent. The player will have to move every unit from A to B himself.

Fire Emblem: The Day After Tomorrow

13 hours ago, Chad Radwell said:
  Reveal hidden contents

One thing we should absolutely not do is implement trashy cutscenes in the style of reality tv confessionals. If you're not familiar, that's these things:

92E7A41C-508D-4F1C-8DB0-288759476785-1558-000003A88C518811.gif.8b25b81d464a8f057857f2495f6d1510.gif

44D9C137-E213-4F74-8409-D64F6C97C4E9-1558-000003A894064F64.gif.0eb892282a7919a3276e4f98a0d70fa7.gif

ED790EB3-2B36-4DC8-8949-EBED9C17D7B6-1558-000003A8E8A4E08C.gif.042d29ae2d32da542601c58f14b0f087.gif

A92C5953-89F1-4F89-9CE4-C41D354D82C6-1558-000003A8FEFDDD08.gif.c77b96cb01b3771b21e698403ce57a5e.gif

Concept being, whenever you get a new unit, defeat a boss, go through a support/base conversation, whatever, you get a little scene of one of your characters snarkily telling you how they feel about the thing that just happened. And in true reality tv fashion, these should be as sassy and over-the-top as possible. "So she's coming up on this dragon, right, and I'm like BITCH! But girl, that dragon was not playing. I cannot believe she died in that moment. Legendary." 

(This is actually something I'm using in a personal project lmao but the idea of it being in fe made me laugh, so here we are.)

Idk about you, but I'd totally want that now. Throw in some sassy drags and I'm fucking sold.

12 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:
  • Finally, to top everything off, hot, steamy, adults-only sex scenes between you and your S-Support!

Depends on what kind of loli, but a game full of femme fatales and cougars to date? Sold.

So long everyone is milfs and dilfs/bara, also fucking sold.

10 hours ago, SageOfAnys said:
  • Everyone is bi and can marry/have kids with each other

That's P4 without the kids part. Don't bring back kids unless it's another FE4 system tho.

8 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

-The protagonist will be loved by everyone, including the villains who only fight him because they're jealous of his raw sex appeal. The game ends when all the characters are a part of the protagonist's harem.

Heck yes, I though this was supposed to be a bad ideas thread.

-Caeda will be our ENEMY and CANNOT RECRUIT HER FOREVER.

-Archer/Sniper can KO flier except Evil Caeda.

-Norne will be the main character in FE16.

Spoiler

-Abel will marry Midia. 

Edited by DaisyLencea

• Ditch FE's traditional RNG and put a 1-20 sided die on its place. Its system is configured by the same guy who programmed Battle for Wesnoth's RNG.
  • Ditch Classic and Casual modes for an obligatory Ironman mode.
  • Make the setting take place in a post apocalyptical world where the only remaining civilizations live in the desert/near oasis. Make the whole campaign take place in desert maps.
  •  -> Your units take 3 damage for each turn in the sun, and the only way to avoid this is finding rare shadow spots in the map and navegating through them.
  •  -> Alternatively, add water maps where your units are underwater fighting sirens or something, and they die if they don't find an air bubble in 3 turns. Also make the air bubble system similar to Sonic's.
  •  -> Include lots of enemy ballistas, fliers and mages on desert maps. Remember to include enemy Physic users as well.
  • Return FE1/11's "you have to get your units killed to recruit certain units" mechanic.
  •  -> Make it obligatory for recruiting new units at all.
  • The story should be based on a 6 days long roleplaying session between Fates' writer(s) and Awakening's writer(s).
  • Have Fog of War maps also affect your characters' hit rate without affecting the enemies'.
  • Return FE5's fatigue system, with no way of recovering your characters from the fatigued status aside from having them wait one map on the bench.
  •  -> Make weapons as scarce and expensive as in FE5, except with no way of stealing weapons from other enemies.
  • Return FE12's mechanic where enemy reinforcements move in the same turn they spawn. Give them an "Element of Surprise" buff that gives them +5 attack on that turn only.
  • Add a new type of enemy, called Wololo, who until killed turn targeted friendly units into enemies. Mechanically, he works like a Berserk staff.
  • Make the MC an Armor Knight. Any unit that picks him up has their stats debuffed by -5, and he's locked to axes only.

• Everything that was in that FE Zombie hack
  • MU is now hermaphrodite and can have S support with every characters in the games (save their children. But your sister's children is OK.)
  • Remove all other S supports for other characters unless they are related (as a side not, every pairing give a boy and a girl that can only S support each other)
  • Permadeath, but character turn ennemy instead and chase you through all the map.
  • Permadeath, but the game auto-save every time you lose a unit. Restarting the chapter won't bring them back
  • hidden (bomb) trap that OHKO the unit stepping of them.
  • A new spell that is an OHKO move.
  • Finisher weapons from Gheb Saga (everything in Gheb Saga counts, honnestly)

That's all for now, bonus point if you combine some (all) of them

And to finish, an amazing idea : if many unit have at least A rank with the same one, S RAnk will be determined by death duel between the 2 units. Repeat ad infinitum (the game is rigged so MU always won, ofc)

• Every map is like Conquest chapter 20 but with fog of war
  • every single weapon decreases your stats after using it
  • has an avatar unit that can S support everyone at the same time
  • every female character is like Camilla and Tharja
  • every male character is like Niles
  • where do babies come from? Deeprealms
  • actually forget the first two points, Fire Emblem is a dating simulator now

A Fire Emblem hentai game.

16 hours ago, Nobody said:

Awakening's pair up and exp systems

I don't see what's wrong with that. After all, getting 25 EXP for healing is a lot better than the 11 given in most games.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

2 hours ago, Rapier said:
  • Add a new type of enemy, called Wololo, who until killed turn targeted friendly units into enemies. Mechanically, he works like a Berserk staff.

I actually came up with an idea for a Wololo staff that could be used to recruit generic enemies.

7 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

A Fire Emblem hentai game.

So basically this suggestion I made?

16 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Finally, to top everything off, hot, steamy, adults-only sex scenes between you and your S-Support!