Pitch me your absolute worst ideas for the next FE game.

Chad Radwell

Fire Emblem RTS? I heard that they were planning on  a Wii title with this premise, but it obviously didn't pan out at all. Given most RTS games lack good initial positioning, and that the AI can be downright unfair to the point of requiring gamey strategies to even come out with a D rank.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

-S supports are only between underage family members.

-In addition to critical hit, there is now critical failure, which makes you damage yourself.

-The protagonist will be loved by everyone, including the villains who only fight him because they're jealous of his raw sex appeal. The game ends when all the characters are a part of the protagonist's harem.

So, a regular Fire Emblem game, then?

Critical hits now OHKO unconditionally and there is no Dodge stat.

Gates and thrones have their FE5 terrain bonuses. Bosses can now move but are rubber band warped back to the throne at the end of their turn.

All units have a grand total of three support partners, which are determined by RNG at the start of the playthrough. Support conversations are generic a la FE10, there is no Augury to help you figure out who supports who, paired endings are fixed and independent of supports.

1 hour ago, X-Naut said:

Bosses can now move but are rubber band warped back to the throne at the end of their turn.

I think this's actually pretty neat and calls for a much more strategic placement of characters on the board.

Edited by Arn

Bosses with siege tomes actually have a similar effect in that the player should try to rush them before hellfire (or lightning bolts) rains down on their units.

The true ending is only unlocked by killing half of your army, leveling up your dancer to lv 20 before chapter 10, standing on a random desert tile and defeating the pentultimate boss without killing any of his minions (there are no warp staves). In the standard ending, the whole army dies of dysentery.

Characters now have a 'hunger' and 'rested' status that affects their stats. Low hunger reduces HP and Spd and poor rest reduces avoid, critical evade and hit. To maintain a good hunger status, players must do a cooking mini-game for each unit between chapters. A character stays well rested if they aren't deployed in consecutive chapters.

Chapters are put into 4 piece blocks with no option to save between those chapters.

While your own units can die in battle, plot significant NPCs who die always survive with the excuse that "I was saved by a passing cleric." No one checks if antagonists are dead even though this repeatedly happens.

The final boss has an AoE Hexing Rod and Bolting, each with unlimited uses.

4 hours ago, Thane said:

So, a regular Fire Emblem game, then?

Regular FE games are more forgiving. You can marry your of-age family members as well. But not your mother because Japan hates progressive relationships.

Well we should definitely:

• Continue to perceive swordmasters as only Japanese/Chinese - style samurai and swordsmen.
  • Continue to make completely nonviable weapons that in actuality make the normal soldiers in the game superhuman for being able to wield those damn things. (Seriously Xander is superhuman, I don't even care about design and practicality just make Siegfried smaller)
  • Continue having the same plot where someone needs the Fire Emblem, or a special blade to slay a dragon boss at the end.
  • Continue to not show even the mildest bit of blood in a rated Teen game about medieval type war.
  • Continue making swords and lances have a similar level of might, even though axes/clubs are higher than both of them. (They really should be making the advantage so that, Lance has highest Hit/Avo rate but lowest might, sword should be the median of all these weapons stats, and axes have highest might but lowest hit rate.)

44 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

To maintain a good hunger status, players must do a cooking mini-game for each unit between chapters.

Is it bad that i want Fire Emblem Cooking Simulator to be an actual thing now?

6 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I actually came up with an idea for a Wololo staff that could be used to recruit generic enemies.

Are Niles and that other hoshidan character secretly Wololos?

Also, now that I think about it, our ideas weren't that bad. Chrysalids from XCOM are much worse (for dummies, it's a strong enemy that turns any unit he kills into an enemy. Now imagine dealing with Lich King Dreadlord versions of your units).

Oh boy... 

*ORANGE EMBLEM: THE ORANGING*

• Staff users have garbage base stats and cannot level up, In addition they all come at level one and cannot promote. The only cleric that can earn experience and level up joins in the final chapter. To get the best ending this cleric must be Level 20 by the end of the game. Oh and I forgot to mention, every staff gives 10 EXP. 
  • Pegasus Knights, Falcon Knights, Heroes, Armor Knights, Generals, Cavaliers, Paladins, Troubadours, Valkeries, Lords, Pirates, Berserkers,  Fighters and Warriors now wield swords as their solo weapon of choice. Axe Cavaliers and Great Knights are the only classes that wield Axes, they are enemy only. Soldiers are the only ones that wield Lances, there is one playable soldier, and he has garbo stats. 
  • There are new weapons! Or should I say a bunch of new swords! Like the Renewal Sword that heals the user after combat! Or the Imbued Sword that boost the magic of the wielder by a whole 1! Oh and don't forget the Res-Taker sword, has one might and doesn't have any other effects! These are just some of many other Swords! 
  • The Avatar is an amazing developed character, with a fascinating backstory and personality and actually has flaws! He's playable in the prologue alongside the main lord. In chapter one he becomes the tactician and you are given the perfect, flawless and flatter than paper red headed Lord with some Abs showing. 
  • The Fire Emblem has no impact to the story, but a random shield found in the ground in the middle of a chapter called the Orange Emblem can destroy the world. 
  • Marriage is back. 

Units who die revive and become immortal for the rest of the game...including enemies. So you never get out of the prologue. :P

When you start a map, a random streamer's raid countermeasures video starts playing. I'm personally a fan of Proton Jon's countermeasures video. :P

The game backseats you and spoils the plot for you at climatic times. "You know that nice-looking guy who just saved you? Yeah, he's the final boss. He gets possessed and stuff."

On 9/7/2017 at 9:43 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

I get you have a massive hate-on for Kris, Robin, and Corrin, but that's not a terrible idea, though; it was just executed poorly. Like hell I'd consider character customization as a concept terrible. :P

Hide contents

One thing we should absolutely not do is implement trashy cutscenes in the style of reality tv confessionals. If you're not familiar, that's these things:

92E7A41C-508D-4F1C-8DB0-288759476785-1558-000003A88C518811.gif.8b25b81d464a8f057857f2495f6d1510.gif

44D9C137-E213-4F74-8409-D64F6C97C4E9-1558-000003A894064F64.gif.0eb892282a7919a3276e4f98a0d70fa7.gif

ED790EB3-2B36-4DC8-8949-EBED9C17D7B6-1558-000003A8E8A4E08C.gif.042d29ae2d32da542601c58f14b0f087.gif

A92C5953-89F1-4F89-9CE4-C41D354D82C6-1558-000003A8FEFDDD08.gif.c77b96cb01b3771b21e698403ce57a5e.gif

Concept being, whenever you get a new unit, defeat a boss, go through a support/base conversation, whatever, you get a little scene of one of your characters snarkily telling you how they feel about the thing that just happened. And in true reality tv fashion, these should be as sassy and over-the-top as possible. "So she's coming up on this dragon, right, and I'm like BITCH! But girl, that dragon was not playing. I cannot believe she died in that moment. Legendary." 

(This is actually something I'm using in a personal project lmao but the idea of it being in fe made me laugh, so here we are.)

This... is the most incredible thing I have ever seen. You should make a thread to expand just on this idea, like an entire system based upon the shallowness and unintentionally humorous drama of reality TV.

I lost it at "I got dogs to put through college."

On 9/7/2017 at 2:56 AM, NekoKnight said:

The protagonist will be loved by everyone, including the villains who only fight him because they're jealous of his raw sex appeal. The game ends when all the characters are a part of the protagonist's harem.

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

Edited by Florina's #1 Fan

Make the maps like Celica's maps, but 10x worst. What does 10x worst mean? Fog of War, inflated enemy stats, limited weapons with durability, and the same amount of sword units, but barely enough swords to go around. Have fun! All the sword units are forced deployment by the way.

All desert maps, only armors. Fatigue is implemented as well, your armors can faint due to temperature.

Fire Emblem castle sieges, but with realism this time. Enemy fortresses can take upwards of 500 rounds to even get into, with ballista, trebuchet, archers lining the walls, and only 1 entrance. That entrance is guarded by pots filled with burning oil, and right behind the castle gate is people with lances. Have fun storming the castle!

Edited by Tolvir

Map animations are the "Animations Off" setting and units follow up a kill with a teabagging animation. No, this does not play while the EXP bar is going up, why would it?

9 hours ago, Florina's #1 Fan said:
  Hide contents

One thing we should absolutely not do is implement trashy cutscenes in the style of reality tv confessionals. If you're not familiar, that's these things:

92E7A41C-508D-4F1C-8DB0-288759476785-1558-000003A88C518811.gif.8b25b81d464a8f057857f2495f6d1510.gif

44D9C137-E213-4F74-8409-D64F6C97C4E9-1558-000003A894064F64.gif.0eb892282a7919a3276e4f98a0d70fa7.gif

ED790EB3-2B36-4DC8-8949-EBED9C17D7B6-1558-000003A8E8A4E08C.gif.042d29ae2d32da542601c58f14b0f087.gif

A92C5953-89F1-4F89-9CE4-C41D354D82C6-1558-000003A8FEFDDD08.gif.c77b96cb01b3771b21e698403ce57a5e.gif

Concept being, whenever you get a new unit, defeat a boss, go through a support/base conversation, whatever, you get a little scene of one of your characters snarkily telling you how they feel about the thing that just happened. And in true reality tv fashion, these should be as sassy and over-the-top as possible. "So she's coming up on this dragon, right, and I'm like BITCH! But girl, that dragon was not playing. I cannot believe she died in that moment. Legendary." 

(This is actually something I'm using in a personal project lmao but the idea of it being in fe made me laugh, so here we are.)

This... is the most incredible thing I have ever seen. You should make a thread to expand just on this idea, like an entire system based upon the shallowness and unintentionally humorous drama of reality TV.

I lost it at "I got dogs to put through college."

This is how I write my own stuff c': it's dumb and shallow, absolutely, but I'm glad you find it as funny as I do! Hey, hit my inbox up, we'll make this dream a reality. (I'm absolutely reading your blog right now, lmao.)

Also, everyone on this thread is savage AF but also no chill, uh, like that one vine. You people are sadistic and I LOVE it.

10 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

If you neglect a unit from use in battle, it will betray you and fight FOR your enemies. They will also steal your stuff

Aw yiss, a Fire Emblem x LISA crossover. My loins burn in anticipation. 

Most of your characters have the wrong stat they don't even use (Magic fighters, speed knights, etc.) and can't be changed. In addition, stat boosters have been removed from the game.

The game has permanent fog of war, and torches are not in the game. Yes, even indoor chapters get Fog of War now!

The game has FE13 Pair Up, but it only applies to the enemy.

FE6 weapon accuracy is back, but only for your side.

Edited by Lerandel
Explaining my post a bit better

5 hours ago, Lerandel said:

Most of your characters have the wrong stat they don't even use (Magic fighters, speed knights, etc.) and can't be changed. In addition, stat boosters have been removed from the game.

So basically everyone is Ronan?