Playable bosses

Timeman

Well, with the last Famitsu entry the presence of Validar in the game, as a NPC character by the moment, but I'm almost sure that will be playable, as Hyrule Warriors did with its villains.

Leaving the facts apart, I want to start a topic to discuss your favourite villains to be playable in the game. I'm not sure if they will include more than one villain, but let's speculate (watch out with spoilers).

First, I will list the most obvious options since the restrictions imposed by the developers:

*FE1 (I'm not considering FE3... I've never played these games, and I thing they never said that FE3 was one of the games): Camus (very interesting one... and we don't have any mounted unit with lances yet), Michalis (we also don't have a wyvern rider with lances yet), Gharnef (with the last Famitsu article he seems the most logical option) or Medeus (we don't have manaketes! (Tiki is still not confirmed, but a "evil" playable manakete will be good as well).

*FE13: we already have Validar... but as he's not confirmed as a playable character yet I'll put it in the list anyway. We also have Gangrel (another Levin Sword potential user?), Walhart (difficult considering Frederick already is in and is a mounted axe user) and Aversa (we would have the only flying mage unit so far with her). I doubt a lot that we have Grima. In his human form would be a version of Robin (is more probable that hooked Robin will be an alternative costume for both Robins), and its dragon form is way too big (SoV doesn't count).

*FE14: in this game we have Garon (the most obvious option for this game and a great axe user) and Anankos (he can have a really interesting moveset in his human form, but nearly imposible option in his dragon form). Other less probable options can be Arete (having Leo and Elise can be difficult for her), Iago (first sorcerer alongside Validar?) and Hans (seems like a possible generig axe wielder). We could even consider Mikoto y Sumeragi because of Revelation story (I don't want to enter deeper in this dualities so they will be de only cases I'll mention), but is more probable that Sakura and Ryoma gets clothes based on them as an alterative outfits.

My choices are Camus (is the only one from FE1 that I know because of SoV :P), Walhart (I really love this guy) and Garon (the playable character I want the most in this game).

Hey, I don't restrict the proposals for this three games! There's a 99% of probability that the game gets DLC with characters from other games, so let's speculate about our favourite villain characters being playable into this game. In my case, I would really love Zephiel and Black Knight.

Soooo, what are your choices?

Tiki can be considered a villain, as she is a boss that you recruit. Same with Lorenz, but Lorenz gets the sword in Book 2, so that might not happen. Camus is basically a given, hopefully. Same with all the whitewings. 

I'm hoping for Camus and Walhart to become playable and unique, but I am thinking Gharnef and Validar (alongside Grima) has a better chance at being the villain reps for Shadow Dragon and Awakening.

I don't care much for Gharnef or Validar, but I would love if Grima was playable. I can imagine its moveset being similar to Ganondorf's in Hyrule Warriors: slow, powerful, and has a large area of effect. Bonus points if Grima actually ties in with the Robins.

As for Fates, I honestly believe they will just go the whole Hoshido vs Nohr route and cut out Revelations and the NPC villains (Garon, Iago, Hans, etc.). The player will be pitted against the Royal Siblings of each side instead.

Edited by Sire

It depends on what exactly they're doing with these npc villains. In Hyrule Warriors, they had unique movesets from the beginning, but Fire Emblem Warriors seems to be moving more towards characters from the same class having similar movesets, and there are nameless generic officers representing the various classes, so it's possible these History villains could just get generic movesets.

Still, even if they're mostly generic, I think they'll be made playable eventually since new characters as a post game update wouldn't be seen negatively, even if they are clones.

As far as the overall choices go, Gharnef seems basically confirmed, considering the Shadow Dragon map shown. Michalis and even Earth Dragon Medeus from SD also seems like they could be implemented easily, at least assuming other manaketes are already in the game. I think Camus will be a main cast member, part of the actual story mode, considering Frederick's odd weapon choice.

I actually think this makes it more likely someone like Walhart, Iago or Garon could be added, since they could just give them generic movesets due to not being part of the cast ( at least initially).

Regarding Fates, I agree that they'll ignore Revelations and focus mostly on Hoshido vs Norh. That saves them from doing unique npcs and the only ones needed could just be based on existing characters too.

Edited by NeonZ

I'm of the belief that Validar is an NPC, existing mostly as a unique NPC Generic Mage skin, akin to what other titles in the Dynasty Warriors series have done.

Were he not I think he would have been confirmed as playable like every other character has been thus far.

Also, as was said many times, all of Hyrule Warriors villains, except Ganondorf, weren't originally meant to be playable until fan demand/interest made them change their minds. I don't think a lot of people are that interestedin playing as Validar.

I'm not particularly interested in playing any of Fire Emblem's villains honestly, outside of Aversa due to her design and Garon due to his moveset potential if parts of his boss fights were implemented into his moveset.

Edited by Deva Ashera

From Awakening, I would like both Gangrel and Walhart as playable villains, since I find them both entertaining, but if we only get one I would go with Walhart. He just feels made for this kind of game, you know, with his in-universe status as a one-man army. I don't care much for Aversa, but she does offer the unique combination of a flying mage, which would be a nice addition too.

From Fates, I find the Asshole Squad pretty dull as characters, but there's so much moveset potential with Garon and his goo/dragon forms that I actually want him in the game more than pretty much any other Fates character. Imagine if he could do stretchy goo arms as a long-range attack, or partial dragon transformations like Corrin? And while he may be bland, he does at least exude an aura of pure menace, which would be fun to cut loose on the hapless enemy army similar to Ganondorf in Hyrule Warriors.

I feel that this game is going to be close to how PW handheld some of it characters. Arlong for example has I think one or two unique moves of other than that he was just a souped up Fishman Captain. Most of the non playable important characters worked this way which is what I feel Validar is going to be. We will probably get villains at launch unlike PW but probably one per game  (hoping Gooron The Dragon)

However much how the Crewmate system in One Piece let you use support characters in your combos and Tag Musous I hope FE does the same thing with Pair Up assuming there are what if scenarios in History mode or Coliseum mode.  

Edited by Fireball260

12 hours ago, Timeman said:

I doubt a lot that we have Grima. In his human form would be a version of Robin (is more probable that hooked Robin will be an alternative costume for both Robins), and its dragon form is way too big (SoV doesn't count).

Looks like Grima's the new Ridley.

Seeing how Camus is in more games the Marth, I think he'll be available at lanch.

Like many Awakening fans, I yearn for the day Gangrel and Walhart appear in Heroes, so I'd love to see them in Warriors as well.

I think Iago and Hans are enjoyably love to hate, but I wouldn't want to play as them. I think Garon has potential though (a phrase many people have said whether you loved or hated Fates). 

As for the games that could be included in sequels or DLC, I've only really gotten far enough into Shadows of Valentia to truly grow attached to any villains. Obviously I'd like Burkut, and I think Jedah would be pretty cool. You could summon monsters to do the fighting for you while you sit around, heal, and take no damage the first 4 times you get hit (which is BS).

I definitely want Camus playable. He's got an interesting story all around and basically would give us a mounted Lance user with Gradivus. He could even have costumes based on Gaiden/Echoes and (New)/Mystery What's not to like?

I could see Walhart, Gangrel and Aversa being important choices down to relevancy, Aversa mostly because of her general presence throughout the first and third parts of Awakening in general, Gangrel due to his importance in part 1 but also because he could be a swift character with attacks befitting a Trickster and Walhart because he'd be a great versatile Juggernaut to oppose Frederick or other tanky mounts.

Garon, Iago, Hans, Mikoto and Sumeragi would all be really interesting ones. Garon because of his general potential for attacks due to his shapeshifting, Hans because I'm fairly sure we don't have any Beserkers mentioned and he'd be relevant and give a little variety that way. Iago again down to his significance through Fates but also because in Fates he has Staff access so he could mix his attacks between Staves like Freeze and through in a strong attack in addition.

Looking at DLC potential. I'd really like to see Ashnard, Black Knight and if you could count him, Naesala, all coming from Tellius.

From Elibe, I'd like to see Zephiel and Narcian. Maybe some members of the Black Fang too but I think Nergal would be too generic, comparatively.

Lyon would be great for Sacred Stones getting some representation too.

Though, truthfully, they're really the only ones that spring to mind as far as antagonists go to my memory. ^-^;

Edited by Light Strategist

Camus and Michalis are my top picks from Archanea. If Minerva gets in, I'd love to see the conversations they have.

Gangrel is the Awakening villain I want the most, so he can break through my ranks just as easily as he breaks wind. Aversa would be great too, flying mage and all. Walhart is cool, but could be seen as redundant due to Frederick...but then again, Cordelia and Hinoka are in the game.

Garon, as many have stated, has insane moveset potential. Iago, curse him, would be alright as a miniboss, and screw Hans. I feel like Anakos would be good, idk it's something about those long sleeves of his...something could come out of them and jazz.

For Shadow Dragon, Camus and Michalis. Medeus could be really cool and could even morph his hands to fight like in TCG artwork, but I don't see it happening.

For Fates, Hans could add a Berserker type unit and represent the thug boss type.

I'm fond of the idea of multiple characters being accessible within the same playable moves. Like Dark Mage can be Gharnef, Odin, Tharja, Henry, or Validar.

17 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

I'm not particularly interested in playing any of Fire Emblem's villains honestly, outside of Aversa due to her design and Garon due to his moveset potential if parts of his boss fights were implemented into his moveset.

And if you go off the spot pass content, Aversa was just a boss rather then a villain. 

18 hours ago, Sire said:

I don't care much for Gharnef or Validar, but I would love if Grima was playable. I can imagine its moveset being similar to Ganondorf's in Hyrule Warriors: slow, powerful, and has a large area of effect. Bonus points if Grima actually ties in with the Robins.

The only way I can see Grima playable is as a different moveset for Robin in which he summoned Grima's shadow similar to the Hierophant final boss.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

20 hours ago, NeonZ said:

It depends on what exactly they're doing with these npc villains. In Hyrule Warriors, they had unique movesets from the beginning, but Fire Emblem Warriors seems to be moving more towards characters from the same class having similar movesets, and there are nameless generic officers representing the various classes, so it's possible these History villains could just get generic movesets.

Still, even if they're mostly generic, I think they'll be made playable eventually since new characters as a post game update wouldn't be seen negatively, even if they are clones.

As far as the overall choices go, Gharnef seems basically confirmed, considering the Shadow Dragon map shown. Michalis and even Earth Dragon Medeus from SD also seems like they could be implemented easily, at least assuming other manaketes are already in the game. I think Camus will be a main cast member, part of the actual story mode, considering Frederick's odd weapon choice.

I actually think this makes it more likely someone like Walhart, Iago or Garon could be added, since they could just give them generic movesets due to not being part of the cast ( at least initially).

Regarding Fates, I agree that they'll ignore Revelations and focus mostly on Hoshido vs Norh. That saves them from doing unique npcs and the only ones needed could just be based on existing characters too.

Thing is even the NPC villains had somewhat unique move combinations, like Volga's transformation having a fire blast on top of the ground rush. Even if these NPCs start out as reskinned generics, they COULD have new moves or unique variations added if/when they get implemented into the game. So we might just be able to hope for the Inexorable one yet...

Oh, and I'll throw in that Revelations will be add-on content with all of its particular characters and events being added post-release; perhaps as a large expansion that would also add hidden weapon-based characters?

I would say Camus and Michalis from Shadow dragon (and Legion and Katrina if shadow dragon means both of Marths games).
For awakening Gangrel would be pretty cool for some levin sword shenanigans and Cerventes because I would be interested in a slower character and generals fit that perfectly. As for Walhart I don't see him being incredibly unique or anything I just think he would be cool, as for fates I like the Gooron idea.