Nintendo confirms that M!Corrin and F!Corrin have the exact same moveset, meaning that the gender swaps are probably costumes.

Dragonage2ftw

I don't consider this a true sigh of relief until we get confirmation that they are counted as a single character each instead of two. This is merely a cause for hope.

Unfortunately there isn't even confirmation. The author of the article seems to have added that last sentence on his own personal belief, because no where on the website does it state that they have the same attacks and abilities (unless it was edited out). I mean, I still think they (along with the Robins) are going to have the same moves, but nothing is official yet.

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 18.19.39.png

Considering it was already stated that F!Corn was the one appearing the story, it wouldn't make sense for M!Corn to get a unique moveset anyway (when we already know Robin doesn't).

That doesn't confirm they're costumes. KT was pretty clear they're separate characters. Do I need to remind people how Nintendo "confirmed" that every character would be able to use every weapon or that there would be dual VA in the western version?

I think History mode and the reveal that Bonds are tied to skill selection too makes it more likely F.Robin and M.Corrin will be characters of their own. Even with the same moveset, they could have different bond conversations and options. It'd also explain that page associating male Corrin with Hoshido even though he isn't part of the main story.

Dunno why that's a relief, since making one of them a dragon is basically the only reason for both of them to be around. Corrin's an awful character so there's hardly any reason to bother with two of them, especially since the only reason most people even like one of them is because she's attractive.

52 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Dunno why that's a relief, since making one of them a dragon is basically the only reason for both of them to be around. Corrin's an awful character so there's hardly any reason to bother with two of them, especially since the only reason most people even like one of them is because she's attractive.

Heaven forbid someone want a character with potential for a cool, unique moveset. They'd only want them for the shallowest of reasons.
Why are you still commenting here? Every single post of yours has been like this; you have nothing to discuss about the game. You just want to complain about it and stir up stuff.

46 minutes ago, Florete said:

People are going to keep believing this until the game releases, won't they?

Even if they are technically separate characters in-game, what matters is that their movesets are identical; that means significant dev time was not spent on making them, meaning it didn't take away from anyone else with a fully unique moveset.

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Even if they are technically separate characters in-game, what matters is that their movesets are identical; that means significant dev time was not spent on making them, meaning it didn't take away from anyone else with a fully unique moveset.

To be fair, it's not just taking away slots from other characters that's the problem, it's also a way of "cheating" on their claim that the roster is bigger than any other first Warriors game. We were promised a big roster, so it's kinda disappointing and misleading if the only reason it's so big is because it's padded out with clones.

I'm not particularly bothered either way, though I would prefer they're just costumes so that I don't have to level them up separately.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

To be fair, it's not just taking away slots from other characters that's the problem, it's also a way of "cheating" on their claim that the roster is bigger than any other first Warriors game. We were promised a big roster, so it's kinda disappointing and misleading if the only reason it's so big is because it's padded out with clones.

I'm not particularly bothered either way, though I would prefer they're just costumes so that I don't have to level them up separately.

They could've put 19 characters in and said that truthfully; we're looking at at least 25 now. Taking away 2 still makes it 23+.

28 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

But they have two clones at most right now. Cordelia-Hinoka, and Chrom-Lucina aren't full clones as they have some unique moves.

2 hours ago, Iridium said:

Some of us (like myself) happen to like Male Corrin design wise and such more than Female Corrin, be it his dorkiness in smash or anything. So the option being there is nice especially since if only Robin got the dual treatment it'd have been remarkably clear that they only put F!Robin in because she's a waifu. This shows they are at least not being unfair to people.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

Some of us (like myself) happen to like Male Corrin design wise and such more than Female Corrin, be it his dorkiness in smash or anything. So the option being there is nice especially since if only Robin got the dual treatment it'd have been remarkably clear that they only put F!Robin in because she's a waifu. This shows they are at least not being unfair to people.

I agree

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

1 hour ago, TrueDarkAce said:

I agree

Same M!Corrin happens to be my favorite of the Corrins, so having him in is nice.