Any Inti Creates fans here?

Armagon

Which Inti Creates games have you played?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Inti Creates games have you played?

• Mega Man Zero series
    • Azure Striker Gunvolt series
    • Gal*Gun series
    • Blaster Master Zero
    • Mighty Gunvolt series
    • Mega Man 9
    • Mega Man 10
    • Mega Man ZX series
    • Other

I was just curious if there were any Inti Creates fans around here. If you don't know, Inti Creates were the developers behind the Mega Man Zero and ZX series, Mega Man 9 and 10, and as of right now, they are best known for the Azure Striker Gunvolt series, which is basically their flagship series at this point. Other Inti Creates works include Gal*Gun, Blaster Master Zero, Mighty Gunvolt and Mighty Gunvolt Burst, and they are currently working on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and Dragon: Marked for Death, the latter being a Nintendo Switch exclusive.

As for my experience with Inti Creates, it's a fun one. I remember back in 2014 when Shovel Knight came out and everyone was talking about how amazing it was. And then there was me who was like "cool" and ended up buying Azure Striker Gunvolt on the Nintendo 3DS eShop instead. Why? Literally because the anime artstyle caught my attention. I basically bought the game on a whim. That turned out to be one of the best decisions of my life. I instantly fell in love with the game. The game was short but had a ton of replayability. and the vocal songs were top-tier. Then the sequel was announced. I was hyped. And while i waited for Gunvolt 2's release, i borrowed the Mega Man Zero collection from my friend, who's a huge Mega Man fan. At this point, Inti Creates had become my favorite Indie game developer, and i have enough faith in them that whenever a new game by them gets announced, it goes on the top of my priority list. When the first Nindies Direct aired a week before the Switch's release, there were a lot of great Indie games shown, but the one that caught my attention the most was Blaster Master Zero. The same thing happened again in the most recent Nindies direct, where Dragon: Marked for Death was the highlight for me.

Oh yeah, and despite owning both Gunvolt games on the 3DS, i still went and downloaded the Striker Pack on the Nintendo Switch. The Switch version is definitely the best version of the Gunvolt games.

And can i just say. the way Inti Creates has been handling DLC recently is probably the best method i have ever seen. For both Blaster Master Zero and Mighty Gunvolt Burst, Inti Creates has released several DLC characters for these two games such as Gunvolt, Ekoro from Gal*Gun, and even Shantae. And they are all faithful to the source material. The best part about them is, for the first two weeks after their release, you can purchase each DLC character for free. This gives incentive to buy the games early. If you miss the free period, you can buy the characters for $2, which, considering how faithful they are to the source material, is a very good deal.

Edited by Armagon

My first experience with Inti Creates was the Mega Man Zero Collection for DS, but not especially positive experiences. I would try to beat Mega Man Zero every once in a while, but I strongly dislike a Mega Man game in which you permanently miss upgrades and collect one-time use items that you can't replenish. It also took me a very long time to figure out how to apply the upgrades I was finding, making the game even harder. Zero 2 I got very far in, but never finished. And I never touched 3 and 4. Nothing especially grabs me about the Zero series, it doesn't feel like it's connected to the X series (which I quit at X5). And I know absolutely nothing about the ZX series.

Years later I tried Azure Striker on a whim and liked it a lot. The sequel flew under my radar, but now that I know there's a collection available on Switch, I'll probably spring for that. Also played the original Mighty Gunvolt on 3DS. I think there was a promotion where buying Azure Striker gets you Mighty Gunvolt for free. I do not have Mighty Gunvolt Burst, but what I'm hearing sounds like it's worth a purchase too. Mighty No 9 is a game I bought and finished, and people are saying Mighty Gunvolt Burst is what Mighty No 9 should have been.

Edited by Glennstavos

The games I have played are Megaman 9 + 10, Megaman Zero 1 + 2 and the first ZX. Interested in picking up the Azure Striker 2-in-1 on the Switch soon or later, looks to be a sweet serving of 2d action platforming. I've picked up Mighty Gunvolt Burst and will be starting that one pretty soon.

From the game series I've played that I'm a fan of, Megaman ZX, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Megaman Zero and Megaman X8 definitely count.

I want to play their other games as well, but I haven't used my 3DS for anything lately and other than that I only own a PC.

It'd be great if Gunvolt's Striker Pack came to the PC (I only played it on the 3DS, but the controls are much better elsewhere because the 3DS' buttons are horrible, despite the screen interface being worse on the PC) with the other games (iirc Mighty Gunvolt is in the PC, but not the rest).

Edited by Rapier

17 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

people are saying Mighty Gunvolt Burst is what Mighty No 9 should have been.

It definitely is. Mighty Gunvolt Burst actually has good level design compared to Mighty No.9 and none of the bosses have cheap instant-death attacks. The best part about Mighty Gunvolt Burst is the customization mechanic. You can customize literally any part of your shots. Do you want your shots to pierce? And if yes, do you want them to pierce just terrain and not enemies, vice versa, or both? Do you want your shots to fire regularly, in a spreadshot or wave? How fast? Or slow? Do you want them to end with an explosion? There are more customization options than this, but there's enough to basically suit every playstyle.

You can even customize how much damage you take.

And also, each character has their exclusive custom options. Beck has Air Dashes, Gunvolt has his Septimal abilities and can quad-jump, and Ekoro can hover (Ekoro is DLC though).

Definitely recommend Mighty Gunvolt Burst. I specifically recommend the Switch version, since the Dowsing Machine works with the HD Rumble.

I've had as many GV-related avis here as I've had FE ones.

Really like the GV games and got in through the ZX games (playing the Zero Collection afterwards)-- even though I can only beat Mega Man games on easy.

Inti Creates is a pretty great studio, one of my favorites in the industry right now. Mega Man Zero is probably one of my favorite series ever, easily somewhere in my top ten games of all time. It's fast paced, it doesn't hold your hand, it's soundtrack is awesome, and the sprites are some of the best ever made, overall just a well rounded package(except for Zero 1's first boss and factory levels, they can go die in a fire). I've also played Azure Striker Gunvolt and I think it's just as good as MMZ, it retains most of the qualities of it's predecessor and feels a lot fairer, but almost just as challenging(though the music is pretty forgettable aside from the true ending boss). That's all I've played of their works, but I really want to try the Blaster Master reboot so I might pick it up sometime soon if I have some extra cash on hand or it goes on sale.

I've had my fair share of their games over the years. Most notably the Zero and ZX series, as well as Azure Striker Gunvolt and Blaster Master Zero. I highly recommend Blaster Master Zero for anyone on the fence about it, it's more than worth its $10 price, and I put in about 13 hours into my first run. I plan on finishing my Destroyer Mode run one day, but it's really hard if I'm being honest.

Edited by DragonLord

I didn't even mention blaster master zero. Excellent game, 100%ed that one. Missed the shovel knight dlc. Also didn't mention mega man 9 and 10. I guess those were my first of their games. 10 I never finished, but 9 is my favorite of the classic series. So good. 

On 9/8/2017 at 4:54 PM, Armagon said:

Definitely recommend Mighty Gunvolt Burst. I specifically recommend the Switch version, since the Dowsing Machine works with the HD Rumble.

I'm enjoying it now. I can't use beck's dash though, do I have to unlock that somehow?

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I can't use beck's dash though, do I have to unlock that somehow?

Yeah, it's an unlock. Check the stage info to see which stage will get you the air dash. The list of obtainables have two rows. Anything on the first row is obtained after beating the stage (though you do have to play each stage a few times to get everything on the top row).

I recommend getting the custom equipment from the top row first when you beat each stage. Because your other option is usually CP and you can get that anywhere.